00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KermittTheGr8 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spore Club

49,913 Views | 783 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-02 16:03:48

At 5/7/07 02:47 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
At 5/7/07 06:41 AM, The-Hydra-of-Spore wrote: aquatic civilization
It could be pretty unbalanced.
Drowning an entire planet with ice meteors - killing everything.

Of course, then you'd end up with giant amounts of mega-fish-things.
So... I suppose it'd all work out in the end.

It's hard to tell these things, before we've got a hands on of the game. As we're still pretty in the dark with the game play.

Yeah I mean maybe the game will combat your tactics by making the aquatic creature have civilisations and maybe Will wright will take it out of the game before the release you never do know. Mind you living in the ocean might make you an easy target by poisoning the water but then again the enemy might just poison themselves...

Also that whole rank thing...Yeah just forget that ever happened. Seriously I have no idea what I was thinking it was just out of boredom.

Anyway anyone who asked to join can. Also may I suggest we ask ourselves about what you should do when you incur the wrath of another species and they attack your planet should you go back and fight them or just screw it and blow some more stuff up. Maybe having your species taken over might eliminate the possibility of upgrading your ship.

You see the wine bottle? It WAS full!

Spore Club- The best game in production. Join.

I am the Hydra cut off my head two come back. That's a lot of bad teeth.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-03 19:52:13

At 5/20/07 09:05 PM, Bazi wrote: Is it just going to be for Xbox360? Hopefully a PC V? :)

wow, where have you been? it was originally for the PC it was only recently that it was confirmed for 360... you have it backwards.

new change:

3/3/08

as if they really need those extra 13 days, honestly if EA doesnt make up its mind ill fucking kill them all

at least we have an exciting line up of games this fall to distract us from EA's faggyness

i am tired of being countiniously pissed off

I'm gonna go have a taco....... you can come too

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-04 05:15:41

At 6/2/07 04:03 PM, The-Hydra-of-Spore wrote: Mind you living in the ocean might make you an easy target by poisoning the water

I'm 90% sure that will not make the final cut of the game. That's just retarded.
But anyway, if that was an option, the ocean-goers could simply poison the air.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-21 09:51:19

nope, that is either false info or a typo, its still coming out 3/3/08
i just checked multiple sources, and none of them have changed their date, and they would all know way before that site
no worries, no 2009 delay

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-21 23:58:16

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK
ur right

FUCK MAXIS
FUCK EA GAMES
FUCK WILL FUCKING WRIGHT
FUCK SPORE
FUCK!!!!!!
screw it, im gonna get halo 3 and play it and be happy, and then wait patiently for halo wars and half life 2: orange box, then just forget about this whole fucking game

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-22 00:14:23

IM IN!!!!

spore(in my opinion) is going to be the single best sim ever created.

but...
I CANT BELIEVE ITS COMING OUT IN DECEMBER 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!!!!

:( i hope they have beta versions for the public.

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-22 09:57:56

how many of you are in britan?
because i checked on sites like pc world and GAME and thier release dates for spore is in september of THIS YEAR

so uhh WOOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-06-24 14:37:37

At 6/22/07 12:14 AM, raglfragl wrote: IM IN!!!!

spore(in my opinion) is going to be the single best sim ever created.

but...
I CANT BELIEVE ITS COMING OUT IN DECEMBER 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
december 31? are you serious, we would all be shitting our pants and having a party if it came out december 31, no no, it doesnt come out untill

*intermission* fiscal year 2009, ppl, that starts april 2008, and since they said, arround fiscal year 2009, it remains...

3/3/08

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-11 07:29:39

E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3

This update looks seriously awesome. A trailer and a handful of new screenies, most notably showing off the tidal pool stage.

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/v ids_1.html
http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/i mgs_1.html

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-11 14:51:28

At 7/11/07 07:29 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: E3E3E3E3E3E3E3E3

This update looks seriously awesome. A trailer and a handful of new screenies, most notably showing off the tidal pool stage.

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/v ids_1.html
http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/i mgs_1.html

The screenies have shown the tide pool phase more like fl0w, which can only be a good thing

Also, interview: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/802/802448p1.ht ml

Key points:

They're testing and tweaking atm. It's gone alpha.

DS has same release date (After april 1st, but not long after)

No E3 presence because Leipzig is way awesomer. Leipzig Games Convention is at the end of August, 26th to be specific, and they'll be showin their thang thar this year.

More hands-on available for press at Leipzig

Creature Editor will be released as a demo a few weeks before

And finally, it's possible to create a creature that looks like it's having sex with itself.

Spore Club

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-20 12:19:08

Awesome previews showed guys and the pic is hilarious. Seems that the big guys are just polishing it for us. Also a few updates on the website on one of the pictures it shows you can use diplomacy after you blow up a planet so maybe war can be avoidable. Also the microscopic phase looks a lot cooler.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-21 22:16:56

NEED. MOAR. SPOAR.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-22 16:26:33

Spore is by far one of the greatest games that will ever grace this earth and it is well worth the wait.

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-23 09:29:41

This game is deffinetly going to be worth the wait. And the improved Cell Phase is looking cooler than ever. Cant wait for the Creature Creator demo to come out and some more videos and screenshots.

My Xbox Live GamerTag: Noomb3r17

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-25 21:48:45

At 7/23/07 09:29 AM, WhiteArrow wrote: This game is deffinetly going to be worth the wait. And the improved Cell Phase is looking cooler than ever. Cant wait for the Creature Creator demo to come out and some more videos and screenshots.

Yes the cell phase does look extremely good at the moment doesn't it I wonder how much DNA points you can earn in said phase.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-26 10:08:07

At 7/25/07 09:48 PM, The-Hydra-of-Spore wrote: I wonder how much DNA points you can earn in said phase.

What a stupid question.... since we don't know what scale DNA points are in (eg, 2, 200, 2000000, etc), nor do we know pretty much anything about it except you can use DNA points to either modify your creature or increase brain size to help progress to the next stage (at least in creature mode that's the case)...

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-07-27 08:18:12

At 7/26/07 10:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: What a stupid question.... since we don't know what scale DNA points are in (eg, 2, 200, 2000000, etc), nor do we know pretty much anything about it except you can use DNA points to either modify your creature or increase brain size to help progress to the next stage (at least in creature mode that's the case)...

Thats actually a good point, about the rate of DNA points for every Egg or Creature you defeat. But it is still a good question to ask later on.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-08-20 17:13:21

At 8/8/07 10:51 AM, ArthurGhostly wrote: Woah, this thread is just oozing intelligent posts lately.

Anyway, back on track. Has anyone actually recieved an email newsletter from spore.com ever? I signed up aaaages ago but haven't recieved a single email.

I don't think it's any kind of spam filter - because that ever-vigilant guy didn't recieve them either - the last time this was brought up.

I feel out of the loop. :C

I havn't ever got a newsletter from them either.. i dunno why this is but i signed up a long time ago aswell as yourself. Maybe they have got a problem with the auto-sender or whatever they use to get the newsletters out and havn't noticed.

Seem's a little unlikely they wouldnt have noticed for this long though if you ask me.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-09-07 07:01:02

New video!

http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735 340/vids_1.html

The top two are new. On the left is the same as on the right but without the talking.

Also, big preview of IGN's hour long demo session:
http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/815/815728 p1.html

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-10-10 15:22:43

In my opinion, Spore is falling over to the cartoony side of things, i mean take a look at the 'Cell' phase. It was brown, green and white bubbles and a fairly simple Cell (you) that you could upgrade with small, but affective things.

Now take a look at it and the cells have really bold colours and huge eyes and it doesnt look as good now as it did earlier on in the year.. Anyone think the same or do you prefere it now?

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-11-24 13:29:05

Haha, you dorks are still here whining about your stupid insignificant garbage game that is utterly doomed to fail. Go on, I will let you But remember this, when Spore is released you won't be the only mortal playing it. There will be thousands of other idiots who will buy it, it doesn't make you special you know.

Response to Spore Club 2007-11-24 13:37:29

At 11/24/07 01:29 PM, UltimateCyprien wrote: Haha, you dorks are still here whining about your stupid insignificant garbage game that is utterly doomed to fail.

It's as if you're obsessed with the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-11-25 10:27:21

At 10/10/07 03:22 PM, WhiteArrow wrote: In my opinion, Spore is falling over to the cartoony side of things, i mean take a look at the 'Cell' phase. It was brown, green and white bubbles and a fairly simple Cell (you) that you could upgrade with small, but affective things.

Now take a look at it and the cells have really bold colours and huge eyes and it doesnt look as good now as it did earlier on in the year.. Anyone think the same or do you prefere it now?

Yeah I know I hate that. Before I thought that would be one of my favorite stages because it looked simple and well what I thought cells were basically like, but now I don't really like the cartoony cells. Sigh, it'll probably be pretty fun though, but not as fun.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. "

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-12-02 07:33:17

Yeah it is going slightly cartoons. But one thing that I am confused about is organs, whenever Will helps someone make a creature he makes the clear point of putting space for organs does that mean we can place the organs in our creature. I know that within the creating phase you can go into the clay for the spine but does that lead for organs, after all they do enhance the brain in this phase as you do along. And if so will some organs allow you to do things such as webbing or produce poison or ink.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-12-11 15:17:08

is it true that spore is comin out on ps3 and stuff?

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2007-12-12 14:35:56

At 12/11/07 03:17 PM, Splurda wrote: is it true that spore is comin out on ps3 and stuff?

Yes, but probably on a later date, and it might be smaller for the Wii. Here's a link for confirmation.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2008-02-05 14:17:44

Comes out 30th march for UK I think

I saw 3rd of march for amazon.co.uk though.

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2008-02-10 20:13:55

The exact release date is fuzzy but it's around that date. Also I found a new video. Enjoy!

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2008-02-10 21:29:28

that. is. the biggest spore news in like, 6 months.

:O :O :O lol

BBS Signature

Response to Spore Club 2008-02-10 22:48:01

Indeed. Quite a lot of recent news about Spore, should be more soon. Spore's back on track!

BBS Signature