00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted emoloser supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

408,518 Views | 6,208 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-15 09:37:16

At 9/15/07 09:19 AM, TheMaster wrote: A thourough explanation.

Yep, thanks again.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-15 15:51:00

Why did the Time Lords want the Master to fight anyway, since he was so bad?

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-15 15:52:09

At 9/15/07 03:51 PM, Sidorio wrote: Why did the Time Lords want the Master to fight anyway, since he was so bad?

Since the writers needed an excuse to bring him back.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-16 19:26:47

I just got through watching the first series of Heroes on tv links and I though those who don't know might be interested to find out that Christopher Eccleston has a role as a moody invisible sensei in some of the older episodes.

His character is pretty interesting and I think he does a better job than when he was the Doctor.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-17 11:26:23

At 9/16/07 07:26 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: I just got through watching the first series of Heroes on tv links and I though those who don't know might be interested to find out that Christopher Eccleston has a role as a moody invisible sensei in some of the older episodes.

His character is pretty interesting and I think he does a better job than when he was the Doctor.

I didn't recognise him until he spoke, what with the beard and all. I quite liked his character, but he was only in 3 or 4 episodes. Don't know if he's back in the second season or not, although I remember hearing every hero who survived would have at least a minor role in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-17 12:04:17

At 9/17/07 11:26 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/16/07 07:26 PM, TheAbominableMatt wrote: I just got through watching the first series of Heroes on tv links and I though those who don't know might be interested to find out that Christopher Eccleston has a role as a moody invisible sensei in some of the older episodes.

I haven't seen much of heros but if it's the same guy I think you mean, I had no idea it was him.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-21 12:39:22

Davros box set details revealed. As I thought, it has Genesis, Destiny, Resurrection, Revelation and Remembrance of the Daleks, but it also has all the Davros audio plays, which I wasn't expecting. It'll also have a remastered version of Remembrance of the Daleks, and a couple of new special features.

Destiny of the Daleks will be available separately, too.

Also, a box set with all the Doctor Who And The Silurians, The Sea Devils and Warriors of the Deep will be released in January.

At 9/17/07 12:04 PM, Sidorio wrote: I haven't seen much of heros but if it's the same guy I think you mean, I had no idea it was him.

Claude, the invisible bloke who trains Peter.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-21 13:46:14

Davros box set details revealed. As I thought, it has Genesis, Destiny, Resurrection, Revelation and Remembrance of the Daleks, but it also has all the Davros audio plays, which I wasn't expecting. It'll also have a remastered version of Remembrance of the Daleks, and a couple of new special features.

I don't suppose you'll get that, don't you have most of those?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-21 14:26:51

At 9/21/07 01:46 PM, Sidorio wrote:
I don't suppose you'll get that, don't you have most of those?

I'll just get Destiny of the Daleks by itself. Unless they pull off something really epic, like a Davros shaped box or something. Or if they fix the Remembrance box art to get it to match the rest of the McCoy episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-21 15:51:36

At 9/21/07 03:36 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I have another prediction. I bet that Davros will come back even though he's dead, the writers will do it.

He didn't die, his last appearence was like:

"The supreme Dalek is heading for the escape pod, the supreme Dalek is launching the escape pod"

*ship explodes*

So it's even easier to bring him back than it was to bring The Master back. Releasing the box set would also suggest they plan to bring him back, just to introduce people to the character.

Also I'm quite surprised the Donna from the runaway bride is making a come back.

Just shows Davies makes the show for the lowest common denominator audience, rather than actual fans of the show.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-24 11:28:52

Bought the Key to Time box set today. Wasn't aware it was limited edition, mind. Only making 15000 copies of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-27 09:30:00

At 9/24/07 11:28 AM, TheMaster wrote: Bought the Key to Time box set today. Wasn't aware it was limited edition, mind. Only making 15000 copies of it.

DIBBS!

At 9/26/07 06:21 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Took me a short while to realize what this story was saying.

So the staue is one of an angel?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-27 11:24:03

Davros box set is horrible. The DVDs aren't in individual cases, like the rest of the box sets are, and it's dead expensive. I want to get it, just because it's limited edition, but I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out £75 for 3 episodes I already have, 1 I don't, an improved version of one I do, and a few audio plays.

If I do get it, I'll get Destiny of the Daleks separately, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-27 12:46:19

Davros box set is horrible. The DVDs aren't in individual cases, like the rest of the box sets are, and it's dead expensive. I want to get it, just because it's limited edition, but I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out £75 for 3 episodes I already have, 1 I don't, an improved version of one I do, and a few audio plays.

I wouldn't go for it. That's too much for a sub-standard DVD.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-27 14:04:44

At 9/27/07 12:46 PM, Sidorio wrote: I wouldn't go for it. That's too much for a sub-standard DVD.

But I've got every other one released so far, I may as well get the lot.

I'm a bit obsessive, you see, I like to have everything in a set.

No wonder I was so good at Pokemon.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-29 15:21:44

Still, £75 is a bit much.
How much would you watch it? Is the re-watch value good?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-29 15:48:44

At 9/29/07 03:21 PM, Sidorio wrote:
Still, £75 is a bit much.
How much would you watch it? Is the re-watch value good?

Genesis and Destiny are great episodes, Genesis because of the epic story, and Destiny because it's a Douglas Adams episode. Resurrection and Remembrance are alright, and Revelation is poor.

I don't know what the audio plays are like, because I've only ever heard one episode of them, which was Cybermen one, not a Davros one.

But yeah, I've decided to buy it. I'll get it at about £60-£65 in Virgin because of the 10% student discount.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-03 02:40:54

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-04 14:50:04

At 10/3/07 02:40 AM, TheMaster wrote: Sontarans for season 4.

Well, didn't take very long for that to be crapped out of their butts. They always head for the comedians...
As Doctor Who will be going off the air, the magazines will probably be inactive.
We might as well suggest gay scenes for Torchwood (here's mine, anyone else got any ideas?):
Two people in a shower (possibly of the same sex or not).

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-04 15:18:33

At 10/4/07 02:50 PM, nemesis646 wrote: We might as well suggest gay scenes for Torchwood (here's mine, anyone else got any ideas?):

I'd bet money Martha will get one in one of the episodes she's in.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-08 02:50:15

We might as well suggest gay scenes for Torchwood (here's mine, anyone else got any ideas?):

Aalso, there would be swearing and blood. Plenty of fourteen year old ideas on 'adult content'.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-08 11:15:20

Big spoilers here lads.

As well as the Sontarans, Davros is back. He's in the finale. The Doctor will be joined by some past companions, Rose, Jack, Sarah Jane Smith and the rest of the Tyler family.

Although, this is the Daily Star reporting this, so don't take it as gospel. If the Sun prints the same rumours, I'll believe it, since they've been spot on so far.

Also, Tennant is going to be in the Extras Christmas special.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-08 11:23:46

The Doctor will be joined by some past companions, Rose, Jack, Sarah Jane Smith and the rest of the Tyler family.

I'm sure they could have done better than that. Sarah Jane Smith is pretty good though, and I'm still looking forward to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-08 11:31:23

At 10/8/07 11:23 AM, Sidorio wrote:
The Doctor will be joined by some past companions, Rose, Jack, Sarah Jane Smith and the rest of the Tyler family.
I'm sure they could have done better than that. Sarah Jane Smith is pretty good though, and I'm still looking forward to it.

I don't really think it's true. I'll accept that it probably will be Davros in the finale, but I really doubt Davies will bring back Rose, after he opted out against giving her a series of her own, because it would cheapen the season 2 finale. If he does bring her back, he's completely stopped caring about the series and is just going for ratings.

Even having Sarah back wouldn't really be much more than a ratings grabbing cameo.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-09 12:52:57

Yeah, it's me.

So the other day I was watching CBBC (yeah...) and the Sarah Jane adventures came on. I was actually pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Kind of like a low-budget, less interesting version of Doctor Who, and not so much "aimed at kids" as just "not aimed at adults", but far from unwatchable.
I'd tune in again.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-12 13:18:05

At 10/8/07 11:15 AM, TheMaster wrote: As well as the Sontarans, Davros is back. He's in the finale. The Doctor will be joined by some past companions, Rose, Jack, Sarah Jane Smith and the rest of the Tyler family.

High hopes that's true. A big reunion is what I had in mind. Can't find anything on Wiki.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-12 13:26:45

At 10/12/07 01:18 PM, nemesis646 wrote:
At 10/8/07 11:15 AM, TheMaster wrote: As well as the Sontarans, Davros is back. He's in the finale. The Doctor will be joined by some past companions, Rose, Jack, Sarah Jane Smith and the rest of the Tyler family.
High hopes that's true. A big reunion is what I had in mind. Can't find anything on Wiki.

I read it on Outpost Gallifrey. They post a lot of rumours, though, so don't take everything there as fact.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-13 10:13:49

Planet of Evil is out Monday.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-17 15:15:31

Bump.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-10-17 15:36:00

I got Planet of Evil today.