00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

408,501 Views | 6,208 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-02 05:45:54

At 9/2/07 02:48 AM, Sidorio wrote: Talk about planning ahead. I wonder if they'll ever get an older doctor again?

Older Doctors need a young male companion to do any action parts. Ian Chesterton, Jamie McCrimmon and the like.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-02 10:36:25

David Bowie's website has debunked a story in The Sun that claimed Bowie would be appearing in Doctor Who as "an evil alien abductor". The Sun connects the Bowie rumor with the upcoming Agatha Christie story, which they erroneously describe as a two-part special. Bowie's website says, "... the whole story is as much news to [Bowie fans] as it is to him. David Bowie is not planning to star in Dr Who and the whole story is 'absolute tish and tosh'." The Bowie site goes on to mention Dalek operator and Big Finish regular Nicholas Pegg, who is also author of The Complete David Bowie.

Shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-02 15:49:58

At 8/28/07 08:23 AM, nemesis646 wrote: Ok, I asked what's happened to a Dalek if it's gay, and I know the answer.
They've been too close to Julian Clary and Stephen Fry.

I don't get it.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-03 08:09:03

Bought "The Time Warrior" today. First episode with Sarah Jane Smith, and the first episode with the Sontarans. I've seen it before, and it's quite a good episode.

Got the last one in the shop, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-03 11:01:59

Im in i know anything there is to know about the 10th Doctor and probs 9th! (im not a huge fan of the old series) DONT STEAL MA PICTURE!

Doctor Who Crew

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-03 14:12:42

News.

Season 5 will not be on TV until 2010. We get season 4 in Spring 2008, with thirteen 45 minute episodes and a Christmas special, but in 2009 we only get 3 special episodes, which I assume will be 1 hour long like the Christmas specials.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-04 09:29:27

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:11:55

At 9/3/07 02:12 PM, TheMaster wrote: News.

I wonder why they're only showing three in 2009?

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:22:22

At 9/5/07 12:11 PM, Sidorio wrote:
I wonder why they're only showing three in 2009?

Tennant is in some play that year, Hamlet I think. That'll be taking up most of his time.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:24:40

I'll join but it's shown in the UK not just england!

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:28:13

At 7/7/06 03:53 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Anyone recomed any episodes I should track down?

blink! loads of people still talk about that at school!

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:33:10

At 9/5/07 12:28 PM, aListers wrote:

Try replying to posts that aren't over a year old :P

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:36:20

At 9/5/07 12:33 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/5/07 12:28 PM, aListers wrote:
Try replying to posts that aren't over a year old :P

month. not year month

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:37:12

At 9/5/07 12:36 PM, aListers wrote: month. not year month

Sorry, I thought this was 2007, not 2006.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-05 12:37:54

At 9/5/07 12:37 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/5/07 12:36 PM, aListers wrote: month. not year month
Sorry, I thought this was 2007, not 2006.

oh yeah! I keep forgeting that!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-08 02:41:40

At 9/2/07 03:49 PM, RedGlare wrote:
At 8/28/07 08:23 AM, nemesis646 wrote: Ok, I asked what's happened to a Dalek if it's gay, and I know the answer.
They've been too close to Julian Clary and Stephen Fry.
I don't get it.

Cos they're gay. Go to Wiki and look up their articles.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-08 07:12:09

At 9/8/07 02:41 AM, nemesis646 wrote:
At 9/2/07 03:49 PM, RedGlare wrote:
Cos they're gay. Go to Wiki and look up their articles.

Was I supposed to laugh? That joke had better have been Ironic.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-09 17:43:40

HMV lists new DVDs now.

The Tom Baker episode "Planet of Evil" is set for release on the 15th of October, and then another of his episodes, Destiny of the Daleks, is set to come out on the 26th of November, with the Davros box set coming out the same day.

Plus there's the previously announced Key to Time box set coming out on the 24th of this month, which is a 6 episode box set with Tom Baker as The Doctor.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-11 02:33:20

I was reading an old magazine the other day of season two Doctor Who and I saw the highest rated was The Girl in the Fireplace, which I personally did not enjoy. It said that it focused on the Doctors morality and stuff, but I didn't even get the episode. Thoughts on this?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-11 05:09:12

At 9/11/07 02:33 AM, Sidorio wrote: I was reading an old magazine the other day of season two Doctor Who and I saw the highest rated was The Girl in the Fireplace, which I personally did not enjoy. It said that it focused on the Doctors morality and stuff, but I didn't even get the episode. Thoughts on this?

I quite liked that episode. I don't agree that it's the best episode of season 2, since Impossible Planet and Satan Pit were better, but it's still better than most of the series.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-13 15:05:05

Season 5 will not be on TV until 2010. We get season 4 in Spring 2008, with thirteen 45 minute episodes and a Christmas special, but in 2009 we only get 3 special episodes, which I assume will be 1 hour long like the Christmas specials.

GAY FUCK. What are you supposed to watch on Saturday nights?

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-14 13:47:03

Nothing, we can just whine here about the lack of Doctor Who.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-14 13:51:15

At 9/11/07 05:09 AM, TheMaster wrote: I quite liked that episode. I don't agree that it's the best episode of season 2, since Impossible Planet and Satan Pit were better, but it's still better than most of the series.

Gah, those episodes annoyed me. The characters were so cheesy.
I did like The Girl in the Fireplace, but that was written by Steven Moffat, who's done a few of my favourite episodes.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-14 13:52:25

At 9/14/07 01:47 PM, Sidorio wrote:
Nothing, we can just whine here about the lack of Doctor Who.

Lack of Doctor Who isn't important at the minute. New Battlestar Galactica and Heroes are just around the corner, so there's plenty of good telly on the way. Plus, Torchwood in January.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-14 14:51:16

Plus, Torchwood in January.

That's good. I thought we had to wait a year or so yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-14 16:11:20

One of you guys is bound to know this. I'm a bit of a fan of Doctor Who and me and my brother have been watching all of the new ones all over again, since they've been going out almost everyday on BBC3.
Tonights episode was 'Blink' and it is by far the best of all three new series'. As a person who's studied quantum physics quite a lot, I loved the concept of the episode but the weeping angels weren't even the best part about it. The DVD-easter egg was a fantastic idea that I wish I'd been the mastermind behind. Anyway, I wanted to know who was the writer of this episode?
The final three are on from Monday next week, where series three wraps up and you know who makes an impossible but welcome return... Still impossible, though, which is quite annoying!
Anyhoo, the writer question! As an amateur writer, myself, I'd really quite like to know. Thanks in advance, to anyone who answers.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-14 17:29:52

At 9/14/07 04:11 PM, Schmut wrote: Still impossible, though, which is quite annoying!

Not impossible. He explains the Time Lords revived him to use as a weapon in the Time War, but he ran and hid at the end of the universe.

Anyhoo, the writer question! As an amateur writer, myself, I'd really quite like to know. Thanks in advance, to anyone who answers.

That would be Steven Moffat.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-15 09:04:20

At 9/14/07 05:29 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 9/14/07 04:11 PM, Schmut wrote: Still impossible, though, which is quite annoying!
Not impossible. He explains the Time Lords revived him to use as a weapon in the Time War, but he ran and hid at the end of the universe.

Hmm, still seems impossible. I mean, The Doctor has been the last time-lord for a while now. I suppose I should ask if the movie actually counts because that's where I get the idea it's an impossible return from. Then again, in that was the Doctor returning him to Gallifrey in the beginning? But that too is impossible as far as I know, because Gallifrey is gone. Maybe I just need to get a better understanding of the time war because I honestly have no idea when that happened. Anyway in the movie, if it counts, the Master fell into the eye of harmony and it is only my guess that it was impossible to return from that.
So two questions now: Does the movie count? When was the time war in relation to the series of Doctor Who?

That would be Steven Moffat.

Thankyou

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-15 09:19:31

At 9/15/07 09:04 AM, Schmut wrote: Hmm, still seems impossible. I mean, The Doctor has been the last time-lord for a while now.

The Master was human, which explains why The Doctor couldn't sense him when he'd earlier said that if any other Time Lords survived he would know.

I suppose I should ask if the movie actually counts because that's where I get the idea it's an impossible return from.

Yes, the movie counts, and The Master has gotten out of loads of seemingly impossible situations before, often with absolutely no explanation given.

Then again, in that was the Doctor returning him to Gallifrey in the beginning? But that too is impossible as far as I know, because Gallifrey is gone.

Gallifrey existed up until the 9th Doctor's series. There were even a couple of episodes set on it.

Maybe I just need to get a better understanding of the time war because I honestly have no idea when that happened. Anyway in the movie, if it counts, the Master fell into the eye of harmony and it is only my guess that it was impossible to return from that.

They have the TARDIS make that funny noise at the end, just to leave the door open in case they ever needed to bring him back again.

So two questions now: Does the movie count? When was the time war in relation to the series of Doctor Who?

The Paul McGann movie is canonical, the Peter Cushing ones are not. The Time War is set in between the McGann film and Christopher Eccleston's series.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-09-15 09:28:37

Ah, nevermind. I've just done a little bit of research into the matter. The time war is a creation of the new series', so when the movie happened and in the old series' it had not yet happened.
The Master then, was restored from the TARDIS' eye of harmony by the time lords upon the Doctor's return to gallifrey and was supposed to fight alongside the time lords in "The last great time war" but he fled to the end of the universe and made himself human in order to hide. Regardless of all of his crimes, when the time lords restored the Master, they brought him back with an undetermined amount of regenerations left. It was exactly what he'd always wanted and so he fled with them to hide and to survive the time war so that he could live on. And that is where the final three episodes of series 3 of the new series' kick off. Excellent!
Correct me if I'm wrong but it does sound right... It's no longer and impossible return to me. Afterall, the time lords are capable of seemingly impossible things.