00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

580,671 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-08 20:56:04

At 9/8/08 08:09 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been active. But with Cross Country and school, things are really busy and I have little time left for Newgrounds. I'll stop by every once in a while to see what's up but don't expect me to be a regular for about another 2 months, that's when the season ends.

Sorry :/

I'm just lurking since there's nothing to say. I'm not saying this place being quiet is bad. it needs a break. let people freshen up and get used to it again. so take your time.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-08 22:28:41

Well, to start, I guess we can discuss the greatest flash game ever made.

Personally, I love it. It's a lot like PixelJunk Eden, only you have even less of a clue on what the fuck is going on, which is saying a lot. But it's a good game, even if you can only explore different worlds without loading/stopping.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-08 23:04:24

Ahhh man this place has gotten quiet lately, but it's quite understandable since we're all back in school and it's getting tough to keep up. I give it by the end of September that this place starts really picking up again. As for right now I'm busy with lacrosse and school work, while trying to get back into the hang of lifting. I'm so out of shape that it isn't even funny right now.

I haven't given anyone one of my useless AnalPenguinFarming stat updates in a while, and I know there was just a point made about them, but I figure it's alright to let everyone know I'll be hitting the big 30s soon enough. 9 more days until I hit level 30. Unbelievable. It's incredible how time flies. It's almost like yesterday I hit level 29, which is my favorite looking level by the way.

Oh well...I'm getting old :(

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-08 23:22:24

At 9/7/08 09:14 PM, LEUTENANT wrote: Sorry guys, I will take your comments seriously. I will be guarding the flash portal from now on and just shout my dumb mouth.

-I will investigate what is going on about all the freak spam flashes going about. I will tell you when something is up.

-Sorry
At 9/8/08 11:04 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote: I'm so out of shape that it isn't even funny right now.

Speak for yourself. I've seen 10 year old girls with bigger arms then me.

but I figure it's alright to let everyone know I'll be hitting the big 30s soon enough. 9 more days until I hit level 30.

Aww, I want to be in the 30's so bad. But you've been here an entire year longer than me, and have had about the same amount of time off of Newgrounds.

Oh well...I'm getting old :(

Speak for yourself. I remember a time when I wouldn't even go near the NGPD because I was nervous to be around the big dogs. Now, I've been a leader of the NGDD (for however short a time it was), and am a popular member of the EGB

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-08 23:49:45

You lucky thing AnalPenguinFarming i would, love to be level 30. The level you are rocks i love it with, the evil aura. My next level up should be around 14 sepetember ,a nice Swithcblade not as good as your one. Still i think its looks okay. I much rather have level 27 the weapon i think is Brass Nunchunks ,but i have to wait ages for that. Yes its has been quiet still alot of leaders are at school.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-09 09:46:16

At 9/9/08 01:23 AM, MrFinland wrote: Damn, 4 levels before level 30. And for another note, I just noticed that I have now been 2 years on NG. Well 2 years and 15 days but whatever. Makes me truly wonder how long will I be here. Anyway, guess who is not gonna get any apartment at all, again. >:(

It was my NG Birthday not too long ago too. marking 4 years on Newgrounds. 0.478 of which were good :P
And I love my level 33, it's nice and pretty, but 34 will be even more fun. sadly it's quite annoying to know I could 20% more points than I do now, if I hadn't abandoned Newgrounds during most of 04'

Congrats anyway. And I took the apartment, muhahaha.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-09 17:11:49

Hey guys. Thank you phantom for letting me have XR+rank back, I am grateful for this and will not make any jokes in your general direction ever again. + I am back from my 2 week ban, quite harsh a ban really and although it doesn't look good for the NGDD no one really cares..... amirite?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-09 18:00:39

Hi sirtom93 welcome to NGDD so what did you get banned for?, two weeks is a long time for a ban. Sucks i know when i got banned ,for reviewing for three days. It sucked seem ages i bet it felt like forever. Still i dont know what the ban was. Ive not been doing much on the b/p ,side been crap for a while not as good as others.
Review Request club seem to getting later for doing the new list.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-09 22:24:39

I don't think I'll be posting here even weekly now-My homework, job, and even football prioritize newgrounds unfortunately. I even am trying to post on my birthday. But I doubt it wont matter-there isn't much conversation here anyway.
Don't reply to this post, since it will be buried within the pages when I get back.
-Sorry.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 04:49:44

At 9/9/08 10:24 PM, SupraAddict wrote: -Sorry.

Kind of a harsh post if you ask me. I think that clubs need this every now and again. Every so often, the spark has to be re-lit, either via a break from it, or a new exciting feature coming out...I doubt Tom will already be launching something new and exciting soon, but I see nothing wrong with people taking a break. Newgrounds is like an old song you listened to a billion times as a kid or growing up, and got sick of it, and you you like it again, even if not as much...

So, enjoy work and school for now...then I hope you feel like going back to NG again some time.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 05:28:30

Same authors but is this stolen http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 9308 from herehttp://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/sprin ter/sprinter.html. As it UJ want do be sure ,i blew the whistle anyway.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 05:47:11

At 9/10/08 05:28 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: Same authors but is this stolen http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 9308 from herehttp://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/sprin ter/sprinter.html. As it UJ want do be sure ,i blew the whistle anyway.

You're probably right, but since it passed judgment, you can only PM Wade now. Oh well, things happen, at least I got one flash whistled today.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 08:48:59

At 9/10/08 04:49 AM, Phantom wrote: So, enjoy work and school for now...then I hope you feel like going back to NG again some time.

Yup, Phantom has a point and it keeps coming up. I'm slowly working my way back into Newgrounds, and I know it's working because I am posting here a lot more often now. All I need to do is get back into the B/Ping aspect of Newgrounds because I've been hanging in the 200 B/P range of leveling up for about 3 months now....something I could have done in 2 days last winter, maybe even less.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 10:54:44

At 9/9/08 06:00 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Hi sirtom93 welcome to NGDD so what did you get banned for?, two weeks is a long time for a ban. Sucks i know when i got banned ,for reviewing for three days. It sucked seem ages i bet it felt like forever. Still i dont know what the ban was. Ive not been doing much on the b/p ,side been crap for a while not as good as others.

I posted in some crew about massacres or something, the crew was later deleted but I think they though I was OP - hence why my ban was so long.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 13:36:12

At 9/10/08 10:54 AM, sirtom93 wrote:
At 9/9/08 06:00 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Hi sirtom93 welcome to NGDD so what did you get banned for?, two weeks is a long time for a ban. Sucks i know when i got banned ,for reviewing for three days. It sucked seem ages i bet it felt like forever. Still i dont know what the ban was. Ive not been doing much on the b/p ,side been crap for a while not as good as others.
I posted in some crew about massacres or something, the crew was later deleted but I think they though I was OP - hence why my ban was so long.

The crew was about how you would plan a school shooting if I'm not mistaken. The OP was banned for the longest amount of time and if you contributed to the thread in anyway such as a plan then you also received a nice long ban. At teh same time people who just posted in it and said that it was a bad idea for a club didn't receive a ban at all and some who didn't contribute too much received a small ban. Seriously though did you honestly think you could post in a club, which was basically giving plans on how to successfully kill hundreds of innocent people was going to be let go without a ban?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 15:38:26

The crew was about how you would plan a school shooting if I'm not mistaken. The OP was banned for the longest amount of time and if you contributed to the thread in anyway such as a plan then you also received a nice long ban. At teh same time people who just posted in it and said that it was a bad idea for a club didn't receive a ban at all and some who didn't contribute too much received a small ban. Seriously though did you honestly think you could post in a club, which was basically giving plans on how to successfully kill hundreds of innocent people was going to be let go without a ban?

Well yes I did at the time. The original game Picos schools was based on a school shooting? am I not right?

Plus I think when they say "talking about illegal activity" it can be misinterpreted in different ways. For instance, discussing someone who killed someone would not be discussing illegal activity while planning to kill someone and posting would be. But this can be misenterpreted wrongly. We were talking hypotheticaly if you did have the chance, how would you do it. I accept my ban I just don't accept the length of time being the same as OP's and not others who posted in there. I can even quote from eyelovepoozy (mod who banned me) where he announces that he has got it wrong -

Now I don't want to prolong this but a question was bought up so I will answer it, do we really need mods botching things up?

Newground's Department of defense.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 21:24:51

At 9/10/08 03:38 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Well yes I did at the time. The original game Picos schools was based on a school shooting? am I not right?

Pico was a game that was designed ABOUT a school shooting, but the type of shooter where you were not the killer, but the one trying to save the school instead. Sure it could be looked at as controversial, but only if the main character you played with was trying to shoot innocent children, but it was the other way around.

Club a Seal got more publicity than Pico did because tree huggers around the world couldn't find anything other than drilling for oil in Alaska to lobby for. Even the torture game took a lot of shit from the news, but I personally never heard anything at all about Pico getting singled out.

Nevertheless, when it comes to topics like that you really shouldn't be posting within them. I ALWAYS make sure to keep away from topics I know for a fact will get banned. I never say things like "in before 'rape her'" or anything because those a surefire ways to get yourself banned. To contribute to a topic about shooting up a school? You never know what kind of shit you can get yourself into for that.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 22:16:10

At 9/10/08 03:38 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Plus I think when they say "talking about illegal activity" it can be misinterpreted in different ways. For instance, discussing someone who killed someone would not be discussing illegal activity while planning to kill someone and posting would be. But this can be misenterpreted wrongly. We were talking hypotheticaly if you did have the chance, how would you do it.

I read a couple posts in the crew before deciding that it was not worth a ban to post anything in it.

What I read were detailed plans about how to shoot up a person's school. Most of the posts talked about what guns they would use, and what specifically they would do, and some even posted the best times to do the killing. Now, even if you posted plans for it, but had no intention of executing it, who's to stop another kid from your school from doing it? Not only would you feel like shit for giving a serial killer a way to shoot up your school, but you would be held on conspiracy charges, and possibly intent charges (you wanted to, but didn't).

Personally, I always think of the most likely plan if someone was going to shoot up my school (so I can be prepared), but I never discuss them with anyone or even out loud. But it's one thing to be preparing a defense, and another to look like you want to.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 22:25:02

At 9/10/08 10:16 PM, TheThing wrote: Personally, I always think of the most likely plan if someone was going to shoot up my school (so I can be prepared)

Hmm...reminds me of my freshman year, when a kid said he'd go shooting up my school on a certain date. I snuck a BB gun as a last defense into my backpack I carried around for the day (no one checked. Phew) and just looked for windows or doors in each class I had to get out of, even if they happened to be on the second floor and I could possibly break a leg doing so.

However, he didn't show up due to being suspended earlier for making a threat on his bus. He eventually never came back.

Rather scary, yes.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-10 23:11:26

Sorry that I am talking while on a probation test but I remember in sixth grade a kid brought a 6-inch hunting knife and started chasing a kid at school with the blade in his hand, lucky a I told a police officer at are school and he stopped and arrested him. Also, there was a fake bomb threat last week the kid got his butt thrown in juvenile hall .

WHEN MY EARS HEAR THE WORD "CULTURE" THE FIRST THING I DO IS, REACH FOR MY GUN! I HAVE MY ANSWERS, THE BLACKJACK, AND THE GUN!

ENLIST NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-11 01:20:47

At 9/10/08 11:11 PM, LEUTENANT wrote: Completely useless story

Ok. One. you're allowed to talk while on probation. Hell, you're supposed to, so that the leaders can decide whether or not you deserve to be here. Two. If you're going to say something, at least make it on topic with what everyone else is talking about at the moment.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-11 07:31:13

At 9/11/08 01:20 AM, jew193 wrote:
At 9/10/08 11:11 PM, LEUTENANT wrote: Completely useless story
Ok. One. you're allowed to talk while on probation. Hell, you're supposed to, so that the leaders can decide whether or not you deserve to be here. Two. If you're going to say something, at least make it on topic with what everyone else is talking about at the moment.

Well I'm sad to say this.. since you are a member who has been here for a little while, but what the hell are you talking about? He was being on topic since for several posts now we have been talking about school shootings and terrorist threats in school. That goes to show me that you can't even read a couple of posts to actually see if he was on topic or not. You are in the wrong here not him. Apologize mister. >:]

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-11 07:46:39

At 9/11/08 01:20 AM, jew193 wrote: Ok. One. you're allowed to talk while on probation. Hell, you're supposed to, so that the leaders can decide whether or not you deserve to be here. Two. If you're going to say something, at least make it on topic with what everyone else is talking about at the moment.

You know we like you here at the NGDD, but since he was kind of ON topic here regarding Sirtom's ban and the topic it was about, etc... and you just went ahead and burnt him (nice job btw) I'll have to ask you to cut him some slack, ok?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-11 11:48:00

Alright I see the points that have been raised here. We are actually told at our school if someone does start shooting the place up then we use the fire exit plan and I basically just said how I would interprate this. I actually feel a fair amount of remorse as the subject shouldn't be discussed in this manor and could be hurtful. It has made me a better person/poster here so... yh.

Kind regards -
Thomas.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-11 17:43:45

Im some what puzzled about the rules. I mean i seen topics talking about weed. Thats illegal yet i seen topics like that ,pass without being locked. I dont get it it makes no sense to me. Two weeks is a long time for a ban but, i guess the penalty was serious. I been out and about and im tired and worn out not used ,to walking so much. Nice to see its busy here.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-11 19:33:27

At 9/11/08 05:43 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Im some what puzzled about the rules. I mean i seen topics talking about weed. Thats illegal yet i seen topics like that ,pass without being locked.

Have you ever seen an interview with Seth Rogan? He admits to using weed on David Letterman, but nothing comes of it. Because it's just talk, and no one besides the speaker knows how valid the statement is. Rogan can just be talking about smoking weed in order to get the pot-heads to see his movies.

But in the school shootings thread, those could be taken as terroristic threats or conspiracy to commit a mass murder. That's illegal.

I dont get it it makes no sense to me. Two weeks is a long time for a ban but, i guess the penalty was serious.

Yes it was. Last thing Newgrounds needs is a news report on how it's a haven for school shooters to discuss and compare plans. And the reasons said above.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-12 18:46:54

Right thanks that makes more sense to me now. I get why he got a long ban the dicussion, was wrong and very illegal. I will be trading my Wooden Nunchunks for the Switchblade which looks like a wand. A somewhat werid looking level, its not as deadly as one would hope to get. I dont think i miss my level to much,its a little weak.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-12 20:04:02

At 9/12/08 06:46 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Right thanks that makes more sense to me now. I get why he got a long ban the dicussion, was wrong and very illegal. I will be trading my Wooden Nunchunks for the Switchblade which looks like a wand. A somewhat weird looking level, its not as deadly as one would hope to get. I dont think i miss my level to much,its a little weak.

Very cool phantomlassuk about gaining a level! I just gained a level 6 and an police officer in only 1 month, but school is taking my time a lot. Totally your right that nunchucks are deadlier than a switchblade, but it still looks cool to me. I guess you guys already know this but there is some jerk that always put comments that are very abusive he is beety. I have banned him from my page and he continues to spam and make threats to NG (but I think is bluffing). I will try to make him stop, but if he doesn't I will report this butt hole.

WHEN MY EARS HEAR THE WORD "CULTURE" THE FIRST THING I DO IS, REACH FOR MY GUN! I HAVE MY ANSWERS, THE BLACKJACK, AND THE GUN!

ENLIST NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-12 20:35:41

Yes, thats "betty's" alt. A rather pointless charade of time wasting, best you just leave it. Admins usually delete trouble makers.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-09-12 21:01:41

At 9/12/08 08:35 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Yes, thats "betty's" alt. A rather pointless charade of time wasting, best you just leave it. Admins usually delete trouble makers.

Thats olny if he does anything wrong, you know them spamers they make so meny alt accounts and just forget about them. But i could just be someone trying to immitate betty or if it is indeed the original i'm gussing he's going to post spam flashes again.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature