00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

580,664 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:35:24

How are you everyone? How do people manage to stay up late on Newgrounds without getting headaches? Have a great weekend everyone.
Just to let you guys know I'm going to try to keep the whole thing close no matter what despite the handicap which have occured earlier this week, remember that!
I'll try to wrap up the retelling of that epic one game playoff between the Yankees and the Red Sox in 1978 in seeral hours later, hopefully in the morning or early afternoon, also have a song parody to write as well, I should be able to finish it in one day though I have gotten lazy lately. In 2006 I was able to write 99 song parodies, 51 last year and so far 18 this year, won't be easy. The truth is that I have been procrastinating for some time now, maybe I'll finally get some things done later today since "tomorrow" has been over for over half an hour if you know what I mean.

Good night.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:35:35

Yeah, I gotta agree. This contest is nothing but good for the NGDD. One thing that I was considering is when you put a review down maybe putting NGDD across the bottom of it. Maybe that could be thrown out as a bonus point on reviews for the next competition. Just another way to advertise and get our name out there, you know what I mean. That being said I have to go to bed so I can get up in the morning all refreshed to review and post my ass off to get back on top. The way that I was today there is no way in hell that I am still on top. I didn't put out one review. I posted quite a lot but posting is not an easy way to gain points. My basic post is three points per post. I don't usually go long enough to get five points. So when you add it up I only put out about twenty to twenty five points today. I will be in tomorrow night though, full strength ready to review and post until I feel satisfied that I have hit four digits in point values.

So I am going to go make my rounds and make sure that none of my crews is trying to talk to me real quick and then I will be getting the hell out of here becuase I am frickin beat. I have been training way to much this whole week, about five to six hours a day.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:39:41

At 6/5/08 10:26 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I'd just like to make a quick note!

The 2 newest members to the NGDD have been inactive.

Youngblood26 and Jesus-Owns-X.

The latter's a troll so no biggie, still they'll need to understand that they must show up or they'll be released like what teams do to players for not performing well(even with injuries) or due to salary cap.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:39:58

At 6/7/08 12:31 AM, SupraAddict wrote: I'm not sure, ask Shortmonkey, he's right behind you.

Alright, just a quick note before I leave and I realize that I am double posting.

I actually lol'd at that. I don't know why but I found that whole post hilarious.

As for sighting my new scope I might just take the scope off, move up about 10,000 feet and do it with an automatic rifle just for times sake. I don't have time to walk two miles just to shoot back the way I came. Plus if I shoot my new rifle then I have to clean it and that is going to be a giant pain in the ass.

Now I am leaving. No one talk to me.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 00:43:57

At 6/7/08 12:35 AM, head2toewinner wrote: Yeah, I gotta agree. This contest is nothing but good for the NGDD. One thing that I was considering is when you put a review down maybe putting NGDD across the bottom of it. Maybe that could be thrown out as a bonus point on reviews for the next competition. Just another way to advertise and get our name out there, you know what I mean. That being said I have to go to bed so I can get up in the morning all refreshed to review and post my ass off to get back on top. The way that I was today there is no way in hell that I am still on top. I didn't put out one review. I posted quite a lot but posting is not an easy way to gain points. My basic post is three points per post. I don't usually go long enough to get five points. So when you add it up I only put out about twenty to twenty five points today. I will be in tomorrow night though, full strength ready to review and post until I feel satisfied that I have hit four digits in point values.

I actually disagree. On the advertising the NGDD on the bottom of the reviews. I mean, think of it this way: If you write a review with a 0 on top, but with constructive critisizm, and add, NGDD at the bottom of it, there is bound to be one person who thinks less of your review and comes here to spam because of it, which, Ironically, is what the Newgrounds Department of Defense was designed to prevent. Also, advertising any name pisses people off. aren't you annoyed by those banner ads like with Habbo Wars, and Universe wars always put in the top of your screen? Trust me, you don't want to make people see the same, "reviewed by a NGDD member" every single time on their flash. Plus it would be a bad cause if it were for bonus points only, I mean, come on, are bonus points really worth throwing a name out there? I know your intentions are somewhat good in what you are trying to do, but there has to be another way. In fact, I'm sure there is. Oh, and yeah, try to catch up tomorrow, I promise I'll keep my activity to a minimum, afterall, it is good sportsmanship.

So I am going to go make my rounds and make sure that none of my crews is trying to talk to me real quick and then I will be getting the hell out of here becuase I am frickin beat. I have been training way to much this whole week, about five to six hours a day.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 01:03:17

Now, about the G36 of mine...

Hey, that's one of my favorite types of a gun! Next to the Steyr AUG that is, it is a sexy machine <3

Newground's Department of defense.

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 01:16:36

Ah, but you just cannot beat the old, classic, English Bren machine gun. Referred to as the "Bren Gun". You and head are going to get your heads shot off so hard.

No offense meant, but that looks like plastic...

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 01:26:38

At 6/7/08 01:24 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 6/7/08 01:16 AM, SupraAddict wrote: No offense meant, but that looks like plastic...
Didn't you know, plastic guns > metal guns. It's the old yet brilliant technology!

Are you sure about that? Last time I checked, world war II wasn't fought with airsoft guns :P

lmao i picked a pic of a fricken toy gun

Haha, I know, right? those craaaaaaaaaaazy kids!

Ok, here is a genuine bren gun... I think.

Yea, that is definitely real...now I'm getting a lil' bit scared >.> <.<

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 01:42:41

At 6/7/08 01:28 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 6/7/08 01:26 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Yea, that is definitely real...now I'm getting a lil' bit scared >.> <.<
Here's a question for you? What's scarier:

1) An adult with a genuine bren gun
2) A child with a toy bren gun

The choice you pick can determine your maturity. If you pick the latter, you have a mature mind and are ready to get married without any problems because you know what to avoid.

Depends on the intention. If the adult keeps the gun locked up all the time as part of a collection, or just for target shooting then thats fine. If the child has a toy guy, it can't really physically harm anyone, but, the child might become mentally comfortable with a fun such as that which could further develop as he/she grows older. My answer would depend on the different scenarios.
Does that answer your question?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 01:54:29

Please change the topic into something better before we start spamming.

Too late. So, I can't wait to go to newyork on saturday-I mean today. wow 200 A.M. already, holy shi-

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 02:27:57

I would love to join the BBS section. All of you from General have BOUND to see me.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 09:28:21

At 6/7/08 02:45 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 6/7/08 02:27 AM, NeonFlame126 wrote: I would love to join the BBS section. All of you from General have BOUND to see me.
I've probably seen you but your name hasn't been engraved in my mind. I'm not a big poster though. I'm pretty sure you'll be accepted but make sure you read everything here.

Hey, when is the last time that profile has been updated? I remember seeing it while I was still an "honorable dischargee" We'll have to take it up with APF I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 09:43:33

At 6/5/08 11:06 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
Not to compromise your judgment, but it is very typical when members leave for extended periods of time, because of course, final exams have started up, and I myself don't know what the hell I'm doing staying up this late just to post in this crew. Don't immediately assume that because they have been absent, that they abandoned the crew, especially since it's exam week. I'm pretty sure that would be their reason if they were here to explain themselves.

True, i said i might of missed a post. It was just a note. I understand exams are happening. It's not like I had a lot of time to find out if YB26 or J-O-X were just absent because of that. I'm going through exams as well but J-O-X has just been inactive here altogether yet he has been posting in the NGPD. YB26 just vanished from here. Probably because of exams but i didn't have time to check his posts for a reason. So..to restate my point it was just a note.

Isn't that what we are doing now? just coming to newgrounds, depositing your points, posting, and leaving? It would be strange if you were on the computer 24/7, which is a red flag for no life. Could you give me a better definition so I better understand what you mean when you state that this is an issue that needs to be brought to attention?

The NGDD has been facing a point of inactivity by new members since as long as I've been here. It gets annoying that almost every time a new members comes to the NGDD they become inactive. This has been the case most of time. That's what i meant by we need to fix this issue immediately as we haven't done much to prevent it. I'm hoping that top secret plan of my will solve that problem.

Oh, that is a totally different story. Did you pm him about this issue, or do you not do that?
If not, I'd be happy to help out by pming him so he knows what is going on. Of course, I would probably need ShortMonkey's or your permission before I do though.

I didn't have time to pm J-O-X about it. I will do it A.S.A.P but thank you for your offer. J-O-X never got past the Probation Period as he was too busy with exams. If this issue comes to a point where The NGDD Commander (AnalPenguingFarming) needs to handle it then so be it.

---Thank you, John---

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 12:04:16

At 6/7/08 02:45 AM, ShortMonkey wrote: I'm pretty sure you'll be accepted

Thanks!

but make sure you read everything here.

I always like to know what I'm getting into before I jump into it. I read all that and it looks like I'll really enjoy this club.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 18:44:33

At 6/7/08 01:28 AM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 6/7/08 01:26 AM, SupraAddict wrote: Yea, that is definitely real...now I'm getting a lil' bit scared >.> <.<
Here's a question for you? What's scarier:

1) An adult with a genuine bren gun
2) A child with a toy bren gun

ready to get married without any problems because you know what to avoid.

Thats an interesting question i would have said 2 as it was a child and, it was only a toy bren gun not a real one. However its intresting to note about the child having more powers ,i would have thought that as it only a toy gun it was harmless but maybe not.
Does the competion end at midnight 5am Uk time ,as i not seen anything about it yet?

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 19:21:24

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/44 3175 i not sure if this is racist or not but its seems a bit that way.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 19:29:16

Sorry but im sure this is stolenhttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/v iew/443181 from here http://www.freewebs.com/radioactiveflash /crash.htm i dont know for sure, but i saw a page from newrounds topic.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 22:26:17

At 6/7/08 12:04 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: I always like to know what I'm getting into before I jump into it. I read all that and it looks like I'll really enjoy this club.

Well it is always good to have a new member that is already a tried and true NG user that will probably not go inactive on us like so many of our users have recently as was recently discussed higher up on this page. It seems to me like you have a high enough post count with strong enough posts to gain approval from APF. I have also seen you in the NGPD thread and you seem to get along with everyone pretty well. I think it would be great to see you here full time.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 23:34:06

At 6/7/08 02:27 AM, NeonFlame126 wrote: I would love to join the BBS section. All of you from General have BOUND to see me.

You definitely meet the qualifications needed to join the Newgrounds Department of Defense! Congratulations and welcome to the NGDD! Your Department Head will be DarkSoldier so PM him with any questions you may have about your Department, where as all other questions can be directed to me. You're going to be placed on the 10-day probationary period, which all members are required to go through. The way you can easily pass through is by posting constantly and staying active within the NGDD.

Again, welcome, and we're happy to have you join us!

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 23:41:07

APF do you keep up the NGDD username or is that strictly on Hybrid-of-Souls?

The reason that I ask is becuase when you go on the membership list I am ranked as probationary under the BBS section. I requested Portal when I signed up. I noticed this and PM'ed that account about a week ago. I never got anything back though and it hasn't been changed yet. I wasn't sure if whoever keeps it up is just busy or whatever but I though that I would bring it to your attention.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 23:47:42

At 6/7/08 11:41 PM, head2toewinner wrote: APF do you keep up the NGDD username or is that strictly on Hybrid-of-Souls?

I believe that only APF and Hybrid-of-Souls update the account, but every Dept. Head may have the password.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 23:50:55

Well i just want to make sure that it gets fixed and noted before I go to move off of probation and the take the time to calculate my XR as if I was going to be in the BBS dept. I don't want them to have to calculate my shit twice because of a misunderstanding.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-07 23:51:55

Part 4:

Bucky Dent batted .247 during the season and below the Mendoza Line for the last 20 games. Then second baseman Willie Randolph was to bat that time, because he had an illness, Dent played in place of him instead. After taking a ball and fouled one off the foot, he would switch a bat since that foul ball cracked it. As Mike Torrez delivers, a pitch was thrown and then...

Deep to left!" Bill White, Yankees broadcaster shouted, "Yastrzemski will not get it!"

After that the Yankees took the lead 3-2, however the Red Sox were able to get out of the inning after giving up one more run to increase the Yankees lead to 4-2. On seventh, after recording an out and allowed a single, Ron Guidry was pulled by Lemon who would then send out Rich "Goose" Gossage to close it out. Goose recorded two outs to end the inning, then on ward to the 8th inning in which an overpaid free swinging big-mouth primma-donna clubs a huge one from Mike Stanley's offering to increase the lead to 5-2. After Stanley's replacement Hassler ends the inning, this is where things starts to get interesting. All of a sudden, a recent Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Goose Gossage struggles when he gave up two runs and loads the base with two outs before striking out a batter by having him swung wildly on a fastball nowhere near the strike zone. After recording three outs to end the top of the ninth and what would be the final inning, Goose despite what happened on the eighth inning was send out to close out the game. Goose opens the inning by walking a batter, then got the batter out, and then the next batter hits a liner in which the outfielder Lou Pinella lost the ball to the sun, despite that he got the ball after it bounced and made a play to keep the runner from advancing to third. forcing him to move to second instead. With two on and one out, the guy that the Hall of Fame voters have repeatingly screwed more than the times James Bond screwed all the girls he meets named Jim Rice hits a deep fly ball which was caught to it allows the runner to advance to third, so now it's runners at first and third with two outs. Finally the time comes, the Red Sox's greatest batter since Ted Williams named Carl Yastrzemski came up to the plate, Goose throws a pitch that Yaz took for a ball. Now with and 1-0 count with runners at first and third with two outs, Goose throws the pitch that would decides the fate of two teams. Then as the ball made contact with Yaz's bat, it popped up to third in which Graig Nettles caught and finally it's over!

God of Gamblers theme song plays

Aftermath:

After winning that dramatic game, the Yankees would eventually faced their playoff nemesis, the Kansas City Royals whom they would defeat in four games to advance to the World Series where they would beat the Dodgers in six games after losing the first two.

The End

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-08 00:00:35

The contest has officially ended everyone. I'm calculating the scores right now, and going through every single post, audio review, and flash review individually from the moment the contest started to make sure I have everything perfect. Well done everyone. Hopefully you all will post in the NGDD as often as you have been WITHOUT being in a contest.

Good luck to you all. I should have the winners up by tomorrow night the very latest, but I'll do my best to get them up ASAP.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-08 00:05:26

Damn, I thought it ended tonight at 11:59 PM. It was 24 hours shorter than I though it was. I guess that I only assumed it would be 7 days. It was never said that it would be that long. Alright I guess I will have to settle for probably third because I was planning on going all out in the next couple of hours.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-08 00:11:06

At 6/8/08 12:05 AM, head2toewinner wrote: Damn, I thought it ended tonight at 11:59 PM. It was 24 hours shorter than I though it was. I guess that I only assumed it would be 7 days. It was never said that it would be that long. Alright I guess I will have to settle for probably third because I was planning on going all out in the next couple of hours.

Nope, sorry but I put the dates down in the rules when I posted them. You got me a little nervous at first lol, but I double checked to make sure I said it ends on Saturday evening at 11:59 p.m.

If you didn't know...then probably a lot of other people didn't either. Everything will be alright man.

I've calculated 2 scores so far...and DAMN this is a pain in the ass lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-08 00:21:22

I calculated it out and apparently I'm a:

Warrant Officer II 450XR

And:

Entrenched 400XR

Thanks for letting me in, I hope the probation goes quickly, as school's almost over, and they're both ending close to each other.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-08 00:56:16

Guys I gotta stop for the night. I've got 9 out of 11 of you so I'll try to finish as early as I can tomorrow afternoon. I know it sucks but honestly counting the lines of all of your reviews and all of your posts from 6 days has really worn me down a lot. I'll get it done, don't worry, the winner isn't going to change by tomorrow.

Goodnight all.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-08 09:18:20

I am interested in joining the Flash department. I am on everyday, so I can flag reviews, vote, write reviews etc...and participate in the forum actively. I don't have any flash submissions up right now-as you can see; but I will soon. Any collabs I would be happy to participate in.

Remember, you can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter"!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2008-06-08 11:07:12

Well, I can see that I was ignored the other day, but oh well, not like I mind. Is there any department switching allowed? I'm focusing mainly on audio now and would like to make a crossover.... : /

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature