00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Robnghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get on this weekly podcast!

67,029 Views | 1,724 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-06 23:29:01

At 9/6/06 11:02 PM, G9 wrote: And hereforth, the podcast is a democracy... :D

Single Artist Votes:
cornandbeans: 1
-OCON-: 1
XBrav_Revolutions: 1
MusicalSerenity: 1

I'm gonna lose so bad lol

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 00:01:36

Somebody please make a remix of this song... it's from Microsoft's Age of Empires II: Age of Kings. A remix of the "Game Music". I wanted to remix this myself, but wasn't able to... and it'd come out bad, anyway. So someone, please do a remix with some modern instruments... like acoustic guitars instead of flutes, etc... but don't make it crazy, like having slayer guitars and heavy percussion all over the place. :P

The above is kind of like a request, but more like a project proposition to get the idea out there. No one has to do it, I'd just love to hear a modern remix of the song.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 01:10:58

you know i have always wanted to do an age of emp 1 rmx. Sry man i'm to oldskool for age of emp two.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 18:17:16

I'm too oldskool for AOE1. Come on. Thor: God of Thunder. Hugo (if you don't know this one you're too young for this place), SimCity 2000 haha. Um... Red Alert, Riptide, Red Beard, SkiFree.... Haha bring back the classics!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 18:35:02

Ha... Homeworld, anyone? Game of the Year of 1999? One of the best RTS's of all time? But let's get back on track...

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 19:50:00

You can DL my song now...still only got one song...I'm workin on a new one. Check it. Link is in the sig!

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 20:13:38

At 9/7/06 12:01 AM, G9 wrote: Somebody please make a remix of this song... it's from Microsoft's Age of Empires II: Age of Kings. A remix of the "Game Music". I wanted to remix this myself, but wasn't able to... and it'd come out bad, anyway. So someone, please do a remix with some modern instruments... like acoustic guitars instead of flutes, etc... but don't make it crazy, like having slayer guitars and heavy percussion all over the place. :P

The above is kind of like a request, but more like a project proposition to get the idea out there. No one has to do it, I'd just love to hear a modern remix of the song.

hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

is this a chalenge?????

i say it is!!!!!

I wanna see everyone that contirbuted to the podcast try to remix this!!!!!

Who ever gets a remix done in about a week or so wins a pat on the back!!!!!

Get on this weekly podcast!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 20:19:01

At 9/7/06 08:13 PM, Father_of_Death wrote: hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

is this a chalenge?????

i say it is!!!!!

I wanna see everyone that contirbuted to the podcast try to remix this!!!!!

Who ever gets a remix done in about a week or so wins a pat on the back!!!!!

Sounds pretty good! Though I doubt there will be a lot of participation. :(

At 9/7/06 07:50 PM, Everlasting_Elements wrote: You can DL my song now...still only got one song...I'm workin on a new one. Check it. Link is in the sig!

Wow, great for a first!

Current Roster for Podcast #21:
1. A Heaven in a Flower by MusicalSerenity
2. Zomby Techno by Father_of_Death
3. Mara's Realm by cornandbeans
4. Hollow Remnants by snayk
5. On My Way by PrinceG
6. Subtle Warmer by SineRider
7. Until Our Dying Days by Everlasting_Elements
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Single Artist Feature Candidates Poll:
-OCON-: 1
MusicalSerenity: 1

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 21:00:58

I vote for -OCON- good friend of mine!

Sig=DJ REN

PSN ID: soul_reaper5

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 21:46:22

Hm.. I cant choose between ocon or cornandbeans so musicaly serenity

or whatever his name is :P

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 21:59:06

Here it is... for the podcast after 21, I'm submitting....

Pokemon Drum N' Bass!

mastering took forever. I hope you enjoy it. :D It's the most effort I've put into a remix in a long time.

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-07 23:31:25

My new song Alone shall be my submission for this(or next) podcast, yay.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 00:20:11

G9, I'm e-mailing ya a track I put together. It's a dedication to the wonderful mortal kombat theme from the film of the mid 90s. If ya like it, it's yours for the podcast and G9Core.com. It's entitled Eternal Legacy, a dedication to Mortal Kombat.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 00:54:06

i'm rooting for cornandbeans and -OCON-

W00T

maybe make the single artist feature on nightvision?

he helped alot in the past but i donno why he's not showing now.....

you should make it for like 3 poeple or sumthing......

w/e

check out "nonsenceicle loop" poeple of the podcast! tell me if it's good cuz i wanna know if it would be good for the pod

it's not really a loop (i just made it loop well)

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 01:15:41

I'm showing. I'm just currently doing some heavy mixing.

I would be honoured at that request. I have a few great new songs (close to being finished) that I could have singled out.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 01:17:22

I would love to a commentary like what LJCoffe did. It would be quite appropraite timing too.

In about two weeks im leaving for a year. I'll explain through PM for anybody who cares.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 01:57:03

At 9/8/06 01:17 AM, nightvision wrote: I would love to a commentary like what LJCoffe did. It would be quite appropraite timing too.

In about two weeks im leaving for a year. I'll explain through PM for anybody who cares.

awww :( we gotta finish up that collab before you leave! PM me please. Sorry I didn't get to work on it this week, I had a huge ap test to study for. :( eh. Just tell me when you're availible.

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 02:49:36

Good luck studying on your test cornandbeans, don't worry about not working on it.
I'm almost finished the track, if you were on MSN you would know that.

Alot of people haven't heard of me, let alone know that i'm leaving. It's funny really.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 08:32:58

I'm gonna get owned lol, if MusicalSerenity or cornandbeans or XBrav wins... I don't mind, They're all better than me anyway XD

G9, I'm not sure if I will have a song for the next podcast but I will work on it... probably the next next one =)

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 10:04:58

At 9/8/06 08:32 AM, -OCON- wrote: I'm gonna get owned lol, if MusicalSerenity or cornandbeans or XBrav wins... I don't mind, They're all better than me anyway XD

G9, I'm not sure if I will have a song for the next podcast but I will work on it... probably the next next one =)

Well I would like to win, but I don't seem to be as favorable as I thought.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 11:39:17

At 9/8/06 12:54 AM, Father_of_Death wrote: i'm rooting for cornandbeans and -OCON-

W00T

maybe make the single artist feature on nightvision?

he helped alot in the past but i donno why he's not showing now.....

you should make it for like 3 poeple or sumthing......

w/e

check out "nonsenceicle loop" poeple of the podcast! tell me if it's good cuz i wanna know if it would be good for the pod

it's not really a loop (i just made it loop well)

3 people? It's the "Single" Artist Feature... :P

Nightvision is now on the list, with one vote.

FoD, you're already booked for this podcast... remind for the next one.

At 9/8/06 08:32 AM, -OCON- wrote: I'm gonna get owned lol, if MusicalSerenity or cornandbeans or XBrav wins... I don't mind, They're all better than me anyway XD

No man... you have a good chance. Good luck with the new track!

@Nightvision... why the hell are you leaving? :( I'll PM you...

Final Roster for Podcast #21:
5. On My Way by PrinceG
8. Eternal Legacy by XBrav_Revolutionz
9. Pokemon Drum N' Bass by cornandbeans
10. Alone by xSeraph7

Current Roster for Podcast #22:
1. Nonsenceicle Loop by Father_of_Death
2. Vacant
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

-OCON-: 2
MusicalSerenity: 3
NightVision: 1

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 11:59:49

Oh God... just realized that I accidentally stuffed two cornandbeans tracks into one podcast and broke the rules... this is going to be exceptional, okay?

If this post adds another page, please view the previous page for some post replies.

5. On My Way by PrinceG
10. Alone by xSeraph7

2. Vacant
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 12:01:31

Well if it was a 3 person show how about a 30-60min collab?

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 12:22:55

At 9/8/06 12:01 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: Well if it was a 3 person show how about a 30-60min collab?

It's possible. What do all of you guys think?

5. On My Way by PrinceG
10. Alone by xSeraph7

2. Vacant
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 14:14:41

Personally, I would find a three person show much more interesting. There wouldn't be such a need to stretch out infomation awkwardly during the length of the show.

With three people, you dont need filler, you can smoothly talk about each of them for a 30-60 minute show, thats enough time for a comentary from each.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 14:37:01

At 9/8/06 02:14 PM, nightvision wrote: Personally, I would find a three person show much more interesting. There wouldn't be such a need to stretch out infomation awkwardly during the length of the show.

With three people, you dont need filler, you can smoothly talk about each of them for a 30-60 minute show, thats enough time for a comentary from each.

So... how would the format go? Which person would go first, or would it be one big skype conference?

2. Vacant
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 14:57:03

At 9/8/06 02:37 PM, G9 wrote:
At 9/8/06 02:14 PM, nightvision wrote: Personally, I would find a three person show much more interesting. There wouldn't be such a need to stretch out infomation awkwardly during the length of the show.

So... how would the format go? Which person would go first, or would it be one big skype conference?

2. Vacant
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

For Podcast #22 i'll submit "The Randomness of Love" ^^

And as for the Single Artist Poll thing. Wow guys thank you. I knew that Deflektor76 listened to me (hell he's always the first to review) but I had no idea you did Prince ^^.

Always nice to know... anyhow -Ocon- you really shouldn't degrade yourself so much =P Your very good and getting better and better ever day. It drives me crazy that since my aim is f'd I can't talk to you anymore >_<

Anyhow, ya, i'm submitting The Randomness of Love

O- and when will #21 be out? xD

~MS

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 15:12:25

See now the reason I'm suggesting this three feature "Highlight", for lack of a better phrase, is simply many artists don't have enough content to seriously keep interest for that long. I mean, I got a lot of tracks but I only give my best for the podcast. In fact, all my good tracks are nowadays becoming exclusive to G9Core.com.

Now for us guys who are getting votes, I would be honored to do a collab with you guys. I realize how painfully difficult it can be to do one. However, it is a mere suggestion. If a collab is too difficult, it would be awsome to have a one-hour or so show featuring our hits, perhaps a megamix or something. Nevertheless, it's only an idea.

Now, if we do want to do something like this, it's best if we could all keep in contact via instant messaging, as the PM system is outdated nowadays. PM me your contact info so we can get in contact and discuss ideas.

At this point I would like to note this is by far the most successful podcast on Newgrounds I have ever seen. There have been over 200 songs featured on here, and it is constantly growing. G9 has to be one of the nicest guys and is really fast at responding. I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for what he's done for us.

I am currently working on getting a G9Core.com advertisement posted in the campus newspaper. My college has a 22,000 student population. I encourage all of you to advertise the website, as hits to G9Core.com is more exposure for you and your music. For the listeners out there, be proud to be part of the community.

Well that's all I gotta say right now, if anybody needs to get a hold of me, PM me and I'll give ya my personal contact information.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 15:26:22

Showing our "greatest hits" sounds fine to me... (not sure that I have "great hits" but ok ^^) but in the end it's up to G9 and anything will work fine with me.

As for the collab... that wouldn't be possible. I'm quite busy with school now as well as composing many pieces and trying to keep up with everyday life. My AIM is down and It would be difficult to contact you guys so that is out of the picture for me.

I'll be happy whichever way this turns out.

~MS

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 15:31:35

At 9/8/06 03:26 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: Showing our "greatest hits" sounds fine to me... (not sure that I have "great hits" but ok ^^) but in the end it's up to G9 and anything will work fine with me.

As for the collab... that wouldn't be possible. I'm quite busy with school now as well as composing many pieces and trying to keep up with everyday life. My AIM is down and It would be difficult to contact you guys so that is out of the picture for me.

I'll be happy whichever way this turns out.

~MS

Yeah MS I understand all too well actually I'm in class already right now lol I do my music on my laptop but yeah as I was basically saying I mean collabs need a lot of time but yeah we'll figure something out.

-XBrav