00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get on this weekly podcast!

67,299 Views | 1,724 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 10:50:31

Yo G9, if you'll take music from 'anybody'! :P feel free to add my upfront drum 'n' bass track 'Berzerker'

http://www.newground..523752&sub=56121

Or if the vibe of your podcast is more chilled, here's some easygoing lounge. 'Cloud 9.1b'

http://www.newground..523752&sub=56199

Cheers mate. btw, no offense taken if they're not suitable.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 11:42:06

Ok ok, lyricless rock it is, check out "endless" by me, maybe i can contribute after all :)

http://www.newground..204148&sub=42043

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 12:35:48

At 7/22/06 10:44 AM, -Steve- wrote:
At 7/22/06 10:42 AM, G9 wrote: I'll be releasing my first song soon.
*applause* I have much respect for you. Good luck.

Thanks man... I'm not sure if you'll have much respect for me after listening to it though. :P Click here.
1. Should I even post it on the audio portal, or is it that bad?
2. If your answer to number 1 is no, then surely the answer to this question will also be a no... is this song worthy of airing the podcast?
These question are for everyone... and honestly I care, yet don't care about your opinions. Say it sucks, I won't care... but give me valid critique and I will care. If that makes any sense. :P

At 7/22/06 10:45 AM, Deflektor76 wrote: What genre your song will it be,G9?

That's a question I don't have the answer to. Can someone determine that for me?

At 7/22/06 10:50 AM, dj_padman1 wrote: Yo G9, if you'll take music from 'anybody'! :P feel free to add my upfront drum 'n' bass track 'Berzerker'

http://www.newground..523752&sub=56121

Or if the vibe of your podcast is more chilled, here's some easygoing lounge. 'Cloud 9.1b'

http://www.newground..523752&sub=56199

Cheers mate. btw, no offense taken if they're not suitable.

I'm assuming you'd like Berzerker on... both sound great, I'll put on Berzerker.

At 7/22/06 11:42 AM, Love_Hate_War wrote: Ok ok, lyricless rock it is, check out "endless" by me, maybe i can contribute after all :)

http://www.newground..204148&sub=42043

Very nice... it'll air no.10.

Current Roster for Podcast #10:
1. Dancing with the Spirits by David Orr
2. Each Step by Nightvision
3. Berzerker by dj_padman1
4. Endless by Love_Hate_War
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 12:44:24

wow thanks man! this whole thing is a great idea btw!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 12:52:34

At 7/22/06 12:44 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: wow thanks man! this whole thing is a great idea btw!

No problem... thanks for the submission. If you don't mind, critique my song... it's the upper part of my post.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 13:02:53

It was rather good for a first submission. Nice clear production, every instrument sat in the mix nicely. I do have a few things to say (dont take offense)

1) i found it got rather repetitive after a while, mainly the bass line, maybe some variation into another section with a different theme?
2) Try introducing some more instruments playing different melodies/harmonies to make it more involved and interesting

Apart from that, keep it up! before long you'll be making those diamond tracks ;) (we can all dream :P )

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 13:09:53

At 7/22/06 01:02 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: It was rather good for a first submission. Nice clear production, every instrument sat in the mix nicely. I do have a few things to say (dont take offense)

1) i found it got rather repetitive after a while, mainly the bass line, maybe some variation into another section with a different theme?
2) Try introducing some more instruments playing different melodies/harmonies to make it more involved and interesting

Apart from that, keep it up! before long you'll be making those diamond tracks ;) (we can all dream :P )

Heheh, thanks man... yeah, it is a bit repetitive, but I kind of lack the musical creativity right now to make anything much more than that. I'm currently looking through a musical composition book and going through a theory workbook to get some of the musical terminology down.

What genre should I dub the song as, and is it deserving of audio portal/podcast submission? From now on, whenever I want to make tracks, I'll ask all of your opinions... I don't want to be dubbed the podcast tyrant who shoves all his newbie crap into the podcasts just because it's his. :P

Again, thanks for the critique LHR.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 13:14:04

At 7/22/06 01:09 PM, G9 wrote: Heheh, thanks man... yeah, it is a bit repetitive, but I kind of lack the musical creativity right now to make anything much more than that. I'm currently looking through a musical composition book and going through a theory workbook to get some of the musical terminology down.

It's cool man, its all about trial and error with music, it's a HELL of a lot better than my first real song, it was some half assed plinky guitar song that got really boring after a minute of the same riff

What genre should I dub the song as, and is it deserving of audio portal/podcast submission? From now on, whenever I want to make tracks, I'll ask all of your opinions... I don't want to be dubbed the podcast tyrant who shoves all his newbie crap into the podcasts just because it's his. :P

Um i dunno, ambient or dance maybe? And defiantly put it on the pod cast man, just think of it this way, you'd put it on if someone else submitted it right? Its definatly good enough to go on. If you need any help or opinions on stuff PM or just add me to msn (my addys in my profile)

Again, thanks for the critique LHR.

LHR? Love_Hate....rawr? lol

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 13:31:02

Alright... I'll see what the others say. It's got a lot of guitar in it, so I was thinking something in the rock genre... but it also has electronic element as well.

My bad... Love Hate Rawr. I mean, Love_Hate_War. :P

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 14:46:17

At 7/22/06 10:43 AM, G9 wrote: I see... so it'll be a lot different.

I'll let you be the judge of that when I upload it.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 15:35:55

At 7/22/06 02:46 PM, -Steve- wrote:
At 7/22/06 10:43 AM, G9 wrote: I see... so it'll be a lot different.
I'll let you be the judge of that when I upload it.

Alright... link me when it's done.

Click here for my first song and answer the following questions, if you please. :D
1. Should I even post it on the audio portal, or is it that bad?
2. If your answer to number 1 is no, then surely the answer to this question will also be a no... is this song worthy of airing the podcast?
3. What genre exactly is this?

5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 15:48:18

Definatly post it in the AP, you get lots of helpful reviews and tips on how to make it better. You always get the occasional knob who says "this sux0rs, go die you stoopid fuck" but they're just ignorant bastards, gotta take the good with the bad

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 15:58:14

At 7/22/06 03:48 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: Definatly post it in the AP, you get lots of helpful reviews and tips on how to make it better. You always get the occasional knob who says "this sux0rs, go die you stoopid fuck" but they're just ignorant bastards, gotta take the good with the bad

I don't know which genre to submit it under. It's either rock or techno.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 16:02:23

try general rock, the techno people tend to be pretty elistist in my opinion (the reviewers not the artists!)

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 16:29:21

At 7/22/06 04:02 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: try general rock, the techno people tend to be pretty elistist in my opinion (the reviewers not the artists!)

It's posted, but it'll take some time to verify.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 19:20:22

Alright, the single artist is complete... I'm just waiting for LJCoffee to verify. Submit while you wait... and if this post moves over to page 16, then check out page 15 for information on my first track. :D

5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 19:23:12

so when does this pod cast like...get released, when all the tracks are filled, or is there a date?

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 19:25:59

The history of the podcast:

1. 5 tracks weekly (Sunday)
2. With increased submissions, 10 tracks weekly (Sunday)
3. With even more increased submissions, infinite tracks weekly (Sunday)
4. Turned out to be too hard, so every time 10 tracks are released a podcast is put into production. Monthly Audio Competition Winner podcast every first week, Single Artist Feature Podcast every last week... about one special feature per year

Do you get an alert when your track is verified?

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 19:28:34

Oh right, cool

At 7/22/06 07:25 PM, G9 wrote: Do you get an alert when your track is verified?

I think you do by email or something, though i cant remember, just keep checking back i guess?

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 19:52:53

At 7/22/06 07:28 PM, Love_Hate_War wrote: I think you do by email or something, though i cant remember, just keep checking back i guess?

Alrighty.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 22:16:43

i'm tryin so hard to come up with a song for the 10nth pod cast =( i might not make it though.......

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 22:48:03

At 7/22/06 10:16 PM, Father_of_Death wrote: i'm tryin so hard to come up with a song for the 10nth pod cast =( i might not make it though.......

Just make the 11th, then.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-22 22:56:21

Yeah... just hit up the 11th.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-23 01:40:47

You would be ever kind if you could put Shadow of Perfection on the roaster for me =)

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-23 02:48:02

Nice work, G9! Sometimes it's hard to hear you, but maybe if you up the treble for the mic. somehow, maybe it will make your voice come through more clearly. Nice choice of music and stuff though... and great podcasting special!

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-23 03:04:31

Yes!!!! I finally made it!!!!!!!!

it's like 12:00

Check out "Lil bit crazy"

i only used one drum loop and thats the "DrillNBass" thingy

I'd pee my pants if you added the song on the podcast!!!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-23 11:19:55

At 7/23/06 03:04 AM, Father_of_Death wrote: Yes!!!! I finally made it!!!!!!!!

it's like 12:00

Check out "Lil bit crazy"

i only used one drum loop and thats the "DrillNBass" thingy

I'd pee my pants if you added the song on the podcast!!!

Not sure if I can accept a drum loop... let's hear from other people about it.

At 7/23/06 02:48 AM, Kromeclutch wrote: Nice work, G9! Sometimes it's hard to hear you, but maybe if you up the treble for the mic. somehow, maybe it will make your voice come through more clearly. Nice choice of music and stuff though... and great podcasting special!

Thanks man... I'll be saving up for a better mic, probably a $50 one from Shure. Mine is just a plain old USB desk mic. It'd be helpful if you guys could make suggestions for a mic $50 and under that can hook up to your computer some how... doesn't have to be USB.

5. Shadow of Perfection by XI
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Oh, and guys... check out the last page for info on my first track! :D

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-23 16:48:43

Okay, the Single Artist Feature is out... amazing, I got three podcasts out in ONE week! :P I'm tired.

6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Also, those who get on that show get showcased here. This is LJCoffee's Personal Showcase.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-24 01:22:07

At 7/23/06 04:48 PM, G9 wrote: 6. Vacant - 7. Vacant - 8. Vacant - 9. Vacant - 10. Vacant
Also, those who get on that show get showcased here. This is LJCoffee's Personal Showcase.

Thanks - the showcase looks good - It was quite creative!

I've just submitted a new chunk of ... ummm... well - it's something I guess...
It's a little out there but feel free to use it if you'd like - here's a link:

"She fed me the lotus"

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-24 10:38:01

At 7/24/06 01:16 AM, SadSpoon wrote: Thanks for putting me in the podcast! I just found out today that I was in it. I really didn't expect it and I am honored.
Also good job to the other artists in the 9th podcast, especially cornandbeans and -ZENON-. Sounds great!
Thank you!

No problem, and thanks for your contribution!

At 7/24/06 01:22 AM, LJCoffee wrote: Thanks - the showcase looks good - It was quite creative!

Thanks man! I actually enjoy doing showcase sites... it requires me to make a different design corresponding to the artist's title and style of music... in this case, your alias was just too much so the whole design reflected your title. :P

6. She Fed Me the Lotus by LJCoffee
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Alright everybody... I will be looking through all the podcast submissions through the history of my podcast. Most of you know that I have a site called g9core.com... well, I'm making a Flash banner and it will feature all the podcast episodes, but more importantly it'll feature a couple of actual tracks from the podcast. So expect some PMs.