00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hyper-Neko-Gold just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

metal gear solid club

140,379 Views | 3,407 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-07-29 16:50:39

hey guys! sorry for not posting here a while, been busy.

At 7/29/07 03:49 PM, Play2jens wrote: Someone up for some Metal Gear Online on the PS3?
It looks like we go back to the ruins of Groznj Grad, Like in the old days...

That... looks sweat. Can't wait to see the other maps look like

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-07-29 17:05:03

At 7/29/07 04:02 PM, Nev wrote:
At 7/28/07 06:05 AM, Play2jens wrote:
Lolz.
Is that David Bowie?

No, thats Solid Snake grabbing a penis

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-07-29 21:51:30

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-07-30 09:37:55

At 7/29/07 09:51 PM, PureLionHeart wrote: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6175700 /index.html

Thats pretty cool. My top Ten favorite bosses are
1: Psyco Mantis
2: The end
3: Sniper Wolf
4: Grey fox (MG2)
5: Big Boss (MG2)
6: Rex
7: The Boss
8: Ocelot (both 1 and 3)
9: Army of Rays
10: Solidious

Hovering around Consciousness

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-07-30 22:55:11

At 7/29/07 03:40 PM, Play2jens wrote: Yeah, probably, I got the picture from The sons of Big Boss, really nice site by the way

Not bad for a Tripod site at all.

At 7/29/07 03:49 PM, Play2jens wrote: Someone up for some Metal Gear Online on the PS3?

Looks awesome!

At 7/30/07 09:37 AM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: Thats pretty cool. My top Ten favorite bosses are

I couldn't even foster a guess at a list of my own. However, I'd pin my favorite battles as being the Shagohad Escape, and fighting the Boss in a field of white roses. It was a beautiful scene, and the fact that The Boss is by far the most patriotic and loyal character in Metal Gear history, she wins for #1. I'm also a huge Ocelot fan too, however, so throw him in the mix as well.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-01 07:57:51

At 7/30/07 10:55 PM, PureLionHeart wrote:
At 7/30/07 09:37 AM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: Thats pretty cool. My top Ten favorite bosses are
I couldn't even foster a guess at a list of my own. However, I'd pin my favorite battles as being the Shagohad Escape, and fighting the Boss in a field of white roses. It was a beautiful scene, and the fact that The Boss is by far the most patriotic and loyal character in Metal Gear history, she wins for #1. I'm also a huge Ocelot fan too, however, so throw him in the mix as well.

Yeah, I agree with you, have you ever didn't do anything at Shagohod Escape (don't switch to first person view)? It plays a really cool cinematic (or whatever I can call it) wich is cooler then the average action movie =P
I like the end too, but I can't defeat him by sniping, I always sneak behind him and let him feel my shotgun andwhen he runs away I just follow him.

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-01 21:10:42

At 8/1/07 07:57 AM, Play2jens wrote

Yeah, I agree with you, have you ever didn't do anything at Shagohod Escape (don't switch to first person view)? It plays a really cool cinematic (or whatever I can call it) wich is cooler then the average action movie =P
I like the end too, but I can't defeat him by sniping, I always sneak behind him and let him feel my shotgun andwhen he runs away I just follow him.

Oh i love that scene, it looks like an action movie but its still full gameplay. its awesome! i always use to pop him with an rpg, seemed to work well until i realized that the sniper hurts him almost the same amount.
I love the end boss fight, my first time playing it i stalked him for days, it was fantastic

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-03 07:22:20

At 8/3/07 12:39 AM, Xtesh wrote:
At 8/1/07 07:57 AM, Play2jens wrote: I like the end too, but I can't defeat him by sniping, I always sneak behind him and let him feel my shotgun andwhen he runs away I just follow him.
When I figured out how to actually track him(as opposed to running around and hiding when I saw a bullet fly by), doing that was so much fun.

Yes, I can track him down, but I mean to defeat him in special duel mode. You havn't got any Items you can use, only camo, a sniper, pistols, a binoculair and some grenades!

Ow yeah, have you ever tried to trow a grenade in the mouth of a crocodile? he will eat it and then it will explode inside him (very funny)

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-03 14:47:30

Did I join this club? If not, can I?

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-03 15:06:58

At 8/3/07 02:47 PM, Twone wrote: Did I join this club? If not, can I?

Sure thing your in

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-03 19:03:44

Sorry, but I got to completely break off topic here for a second, I just had the best idea for a MGS3 parody flash..... You know how The Boss brought the cobras back together again? well, so where were they before? (well, we know they were in their homelands) but what did they do? you see where I am going with this, right? Cmon! it will be great! (by the way, I felt that the Fear was a better boss than the End, due to all the traps and attacks in Hard mode.)

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-03 23:14:10

I want a Sixaxis. Even Snake gets one in MGS4. :'(

At 8/1/07 07:57 AM, Play2jens wrote: Yeah, I agree with you, have you ever didn't do anything at Shagohod Escape (don't switch to first person view)? It plays a really cool cinematic (or whatever I can call it) wich is cooler then the average action movie =P

I love it. Usually have to do a little bit to survive, but for the most part yeah, it rocks.

I had so much trouble with him my first time through. I didn't even realize there were 3 maps. I then loved fighting him. Fun to sneak up on, yes, but oh so fun to have a good ol' fashioned sniping duel with too.

At 8/3/07 07:22 AM, Play2jens wrote: Yes, I can track him down, but I mean to defeat him in special duel mode. You havn't got any Items you can use, only camo, a sniper, pistols, a binoculair and some grenades!

Sounds fun, but I'm without Sustenence, sadly.

Ow yeah, have you ever tried to trow a grenade in the mouth of a crocodile? he will eat it and then it will explode inside him (very funny)

Been there. Fun times. :)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-04 06:33:07

At 8/3/07 07:03 PM, Jackotrades wrote: Sorry, but I got to completely break off topic here for a second, I just had the best idea for a MGS3 parody flash..... You know how The Boss brought the cobras back together again? well, so where were they before? (well, we know they were in their homelands) but what did they do? you see where I am going with this, right? Cmon! it will be great! (by the way, I felt that the Fear was a better boss than the End, due to all the traps and attacks in Hard mode.)

Nice idea, here was mine: The boss told snake that the cobras and she took part at the landing in normand, she was on a secret mission and pregnant at the time. This could be cool to make a (flash) game out of it, couldn't you like to play as the fury and set some germans on fire? or make them cry out when the Fear grabs them and take them up in a tree (or something like that)

Btw, I think that the fear is to easy to beet, even on extreme mode..

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-04 06:50:20

It would be cool to see Metal Gear Solid Online for the PS3. I am guessing it would be like a Ghost Recon or a Splinter Cell type of gameplay. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-05 21:09:00

At 8/4/07 06:50 AM, Seamonky wrote: It would be cool to see Metal Gear Solid Online for the PS3. I am guessing it would be like a Ghost Recon or a Splinter Cell type of gameplay. :/

Which is slightly worrisome, though a "Spy Vs. Mercenaries" mode similar to Splinter Cell would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-06 23:00:03

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/me talgearsolid4/news.html?sid=6176240

Well, that was an interesting scare for the console fanboys.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-07 09:51:38

At 8/7/07 03:28 AM, Xtesh wrote: I'm not a fanboy at all, but MGS on 360 would be shit. And that'd just be the controls.
Also the endless stream of "NOOB" from 13 year old kids' mouths. We don't need that.

Yeah, I know what you mean, these kids would go all like, GEARS OF WARZ IS MUCH COOLER WITH DA LOCUST MONSTER AND SNAKE IS OLD OMG!!1!1!!11

They will never understand the complete story behind mgs, even I do not completly understand it, but I can already hear them say: " I expected more of the gameplay after I played gears of war and other xbox 360 exclusives"

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-07 12:29:02

At 8/7/07 11:29 AM, Xtesh wrote:
At 8/7/07 09:51 AM, Play2jens wrote:
At 8/7/07 03:28 AM, Xtesh wrote: I'm not a fanboy at all, but MGS on 360 would be shit. And that'd just be the controls.
Also the endless stream of "NOOB" from 13 year old kids' mouths. We don't need that.
Yeah, I know what you mean, these kids would go all like, GEARS OF WARZ IS MUCH COOLER WITH DA LOCUST MONSTER AND SNAKE IS OLD OMG!!1!1!!11
The horror...
They will never understand the complete story behind mgs, even I do not completly understand it, but I can already hear them say: " I expected more of the gameplay after I played gears of war and other xbox 360 exclusives"
I just don't like the idea of porting a game. To me, putting MGS on any non-Sony or Nintendo(Well, maybe just Metal Gear games, not MGS) console is like putting Half-Life on the Wii.

Yeah, I agree, the wii doesn't deserve a mgs game (maybe a game like ssbb) and the xbox neither, because it will not be as good as on the ps3. The framerate would probably drop because there are so many enemies on the screen with a complex AI and so much action. I just think Metal Gear Solid 4 wouldn't survive the port to xbox360...

For the rest, I hope Mgs4 still has some of his old features, like the alert mode, and ofcourse a cardboardbox instead of a metal drum! and it looks totaly perverted =P

The only thing where I was really a bit disapointed in the ingame trailer was the short cutscene, it must be way more longer like the other metal gear solid games.

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-07 17:10:31

All I know is that I'm mostly all for multi-platform games (It's the games I care for, not the system), but I'd prefer a PS3-exclusive MGS4 as well.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-08 05:23:05

At 8/7/07 06:03 PM, Mendou wrote: Mind if i join this place? i myself are a fan of the Metal Gear solid games.

No problem, you're in!

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-08 05:25:56

At 8/7/07 05:30 PM, Xtesh wrote:
At 8/7/07 05:10 PM, PureLionHeart wrote: All I know is that I'm mostly all for multi-platform games (It's the games I care for, not the system), but I'd prefer a PS3-exclusive MGS4 as well.
360 gets Gears and Halo, PS3 gets MGS.

I wonder if Killzone 2 and Haze gets as much populairity as Gears and Halo,
otherwise, to bad and we'll have to do it with Metal Gear solid 4 =)

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-08 18:49:47

one thing is left unsaid however, if blueray is like 50 gigs, how the heck would they fit the whole unmolested version of mgs4 on a regular game disk? or would u need to buy the hddvd drive to play it?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-08 22:03:06

At 8/8/07 07:18 PM, Xtesh wrote:
At 8/8/07 06:49 PM, Sleeping-Insomniac wrote: one thing is left unsaid however, if blueray is like 50 gigs, how the heck would they fit the whole unmolested version of mgs4 on a regular game disk? or would u need to buy the hddvd drive to play it?
Hideo will find a way. Remember how he did cutscenes comic-book style in MGS:PO to save on space?

He's like Jesus when it comes to stuff like that.

Ha, although i don't doubt the holy tallents of our lord kojima (its a joke for those oversensetive/christian republicans out there) my point is that anything that appears on the 360 must be way WAY cut down to equal that of the ps3, for space purposes. The only other example that even comes close is when they ported the 2 cd ps1 version of resident evil 2 to a single n64 cartrage while actually improving on graphics and adding content. but that was on a scale of megabites not gigabites, so anyways if it was ported to the 360, something big will b cut.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-09 09:09:56

R.I.P. original release date ='(

The music made me do it!

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-10 02:57:41

At 8/9/07 09:09 AM, Play2jens wrote: R.I.P. original release date ='(

Indeed. I was confident of a December release. Who knows, though? Maybe it will be in stores early January? All that's confirmed is early 2008.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-15 11:50:27

At 8/10/07 03:01 AM, Xtesh wrote: I hope it's on January 18th.

That would be awesomer than awesome sauce.

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-16 01:51:53

Okay, we need a new topic of discussion, folks (AKA Xtesh, the only one here).

What does everyone think of Ocelot's new look for MGS4?

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-16 06:25:47

At 8/16/07 01:51 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Okay, we need a new topic of discussion, folks (AKA Xtesh, the only one here).

I reckon that he looks pretty much the same as he did in MGS2, with a few changes. Whats the chances that he'll try his "spinning revolver" trick and mess it up because-
A. liquid hasn't got the hang of it yet, or
B. his old frame can't spin the revolver as well?

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-16 07:33:29

At 8/16/07 06:25 AM, AkB00m wrote: B. his old frame can't spin the revolver as well?

He did it fine enough in the first game.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to metal gear solid club 2007-08-16 14:17:56

At 8/16/07 01:51 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Okay, we need a new topic of discussion, folks (AKA Xtesh, the only one here).

I like the way he looks, its not that much different other than more detailed, i don't like how there using his voice though, in mgs2 when liquid was taking over he used liquid's voice.

BBS Signature