00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ramenretro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official World Cup Germany Thread

101,444 Views | 2,613 Replies

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:04:10

All i've got to say on the matter is...

Sixty Six, was a fix! Who won Euro 96? GERMANY! nananaa! GERMANY! nananaa!

I hope Germany win this game... they deserve to. Plus an England vs Germany final would be probably the biggest game in footballing history as there's no rivalry in the world like that of England and Germany.

Lots of grudge matches on the way too...

Brazil vs France
England Portugal

and possiblities

Brazil vs England
England vs France

It's gonna be great.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:33:24

At 6/30/06 01:31 PM, lapis wrote: Penalty kicks! Even though the first half was downright boring the match really intensified after that goal of Alaya. It's been pretty exciting ever since, and now it's about to reach it's climax.

Indeed, they're both crap at penalites... We (England) took them both to sudden death before they beat us... and we're probably the worlds worse team at penalties.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:42:10

YAAAA!!!! YAAA!!!! WOOOFUCKINGHOO!!!! YAAAA!!!!

Go Germany Go!

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:44:02

I hope Henry breaks his leg in like 27 places.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:45:43

The Germans are penalty machines, everyone was perfect. I think I hate the Argies more so i'm glad of the result, and i'd rather play Germany in the final over them.

You've got to question why Messi never came on. And they didn't take the defeat well, Heinze was kicking off just there.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:49:02

I'm Polish but I was born in Germany and I've cheered for Germany my whole life (Poland never really gave me anything to cheer for) so I'm extatic!

YES!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:49:05

you see the fight @ the end of the game between an Argentina player and a German assistant coach?
funny as hell

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:49:27

A little riot there at the end :)

I have to say that i'm very disappointed about the way that the german fans behaved. They were whistling and booing every time that Argentina had possesion of the ball. It was especially bad during the penalty kicks. Very stupid behavior by the fans.

"GROOOOAAAAAR!!!!" - Tyrannosaurus rex, 65 million years ago

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:51:43

Did anyone else see Podolski do what looked like a Nazi salute? He's Polish.....

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:51:51

Why the fuck are you guys interested in germany (except when your german)

this fucking WC is getting worse and worse, germany getting close boring wins like that ,while a smooth fun to watch argentina is out. Brazil will win anyway, since they always do, what the fuck is there left to watch now? Boring stuff. Last game I'm going to watch is Ukraine - Italy, unless Ukraine makes it through, the other countries can just go fuck themselves out of boringness =| I wanted something special to happen not this shit.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 13:58:24

At 6/30/06 01:51 PM, Emomon wrote: Why the fuck are you guys interested in germany (except when your german)

I'm Polish but I was born in Germany and have been cheering for them since forever.

this fucking WC is getting worse and worse, germany getting close boring wins like that ,while a smooth fun to watch argentina is out.

It's Soccer, no teams are actually "fun" to watch.

Brazil will win anyway, since they always do, what the fuck is there left to watch now?

France beat Brazil before. They can do it again.

Boring stuff.

Well it is soccer.

Last game I'm going to watch is Ukraine - Italy, unless Ukraine makes it through, the other countries can just go fuck themselves out of boringness =| I wanted something special to happen not this shit.

Germany!! WOOHOO!!! MOTHERFUCKER!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 14:01:05

Same thing, if your not cheering since the country does not bother you .

On a sidenote, forgive me if I'm stereotyping but what bond is there between poland and germany in a friendly way aside from anti semitism?? (Just what I've heard though, some people tell me antisemitism is still in poland.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 14:03:06

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, being English teh fact that Germany just won has pissed me off, a hell of alot. God damn it, i dont like Arg. but they still should of beat Germany..........God damn it.

they are turning us into terrorists

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 14:06:22

At 6/30/06 02:01 PM, Emomon wrote: On a sidenote, forgive me if I'm stereotyping but what bond is there between poland and germany in a friendly way aside from anti semitism?? (Just what I've heard though, some people tell me antisemitism is still in poland.

There's no bond between Germany and Poland.
They hate each other. I was born in Germany and lived there 'till I was 3 so ya... I'm allowed.

Idely I'd cheer for Canada but they suck at soccer so ya...

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 14:23:25

Germany - Argentina was pretty fucking tense, all us brits would prefer a Germany final though, that would be so hot ; )

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 14:29:02

At 6/30/06 02:23 PM, T-H wrote: Germany - Argentina was pretty fucking tense, all us brits would prefer a Germany final though, that would be so hot ; )

The Easier For Germany, The Better.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 14:34:31

I just found out I'm gonna be flying back from Winnipeg during the final.

Unless the shit plane I'm on has t.v screens (unlikely), It looks like I won't be seeing the game live.
I'm pissed right off.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 14:41:43

At 6/30/06 02:29 PM, da_pope wrote: The Easier For Germany, The Better.

Oh burn please, if we can't take them on the pitch our legion of hooligan fans will tear the country apart :D

Seriously though, that would be a damn good game.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 16:03:27

Haha, Carnavarro got owned.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 16:33:13

Yeah, gotta love football fights. Good game betweens Argentina and Germany but the brawl at the end was the best.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 16:52:42

YEAH BABY YEAH!!!

Italy's going to the semi-finals!!!!

Not a bad game, I just feel sorry for poor Shevshenko...the dude was pretty much on his own out there against our whole team.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 16:53:38

At 6/30/06 02:01 PM, Emomon wrote: Just what I've heard though, some people tell me antisemitism is still in poland.

Then these people don't know shit. I live in Poland and there is less antisemitism here then in France or Germany for example. The german media and press like to portray us polish as antisemitic because, well... germans simply don't like us. They should take care of their own problem with neonazis in their country before opening their stupid mouths and accusing us without any proof.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 16:58:13

Good performance by the Italians tonight. A deserved win.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 17:21:56

At 6/30/06 04:53 PM, Lucian_MK-IV wrote:
At 6/30/06 02:01 PM, Emomon wrote:
Then these people don't know shit. I live in Poland and there is less antisemitism here then in France or Germany for example. The german media and press like to portray us polish as antisemitic because, well... germans simply don't like us.

That's crap and you know it. Never had any problems with polish people, and don't know anyone who did. And I do know quite a few people of polish origin.

In other news... YES!!!!!!!

WE TOOK DOWN ARGENTINA!!!!!

Man, that was the biggest fight in the cup so far. A really, really hot game, but in the end, we deserved the win. We outlasted them (even though they proved to be really sore losers, what with kicking people after the game's over). The party's still going on here, and I'm going to be off to join the people on the streets again in a few minutes.

I love what Klinsmann did to our team. Now that we've beaten Argentina, we're going to win the cup. It's already clear that we'll get Italy in the semi-finals. That's going to be sweet, sweet revenge for a certain game not too long ago...

Now I only hope the Tommies can win their games, so we get to take them down in the finals.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 17:26:36

At 6/30/06 10:18 AM, Lucian_MK-IV wrote: A little fun fact. Did you know that out of the 10 goals that Germany scored, only 2 of them were scored by actual, real Germans?

Lahm and Frings scored those to goals. Both of them were born in Germany.

Klose (4 goals) and Podolski (3 goals) are both polish. Even Neuville (1 goal) wasn't born in Germany.

No. They're german. World war II has been over for a long time now, get that in your friggin heads.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 17:42:14

look, their born in poland but nationalised, get it in your head, no big deal though, it happens everywhere, their still originally polish, but let's not get nationalistic here.

I'm not going to watc hthe WC anymore, all the nice teams have dropped out today (I was rooting for ukraine and argentina to give this WC some renewing taste, but no -_-)

Oh, question time again! Does anybody know what the fight was about at the end of argentina-germany? Those players got pretty pissed off =|

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:01:59

At 6/30/06 05:21 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote: That's crap and you know it. Never had any problems with polish people, and don't know anyone who did. And I do know quite a few people of polish origin.

No it's not that much crap as you think. Read some newspapers during the World Cup?? If you did then you should of noticed that some of them made stereotipical jokes about us polish. As did the media. It was on ZDF if i remember correctly.

And to be clear about this. I don't give a half camel shit about these jokes. I'm too old to be angry about stuff like that. The only things that disturb me is the fact that some of them are really useless and distasteful, some of them are not funny at all and are simply made to show "how much polish people suck". I like a good joke about polish people!! I really do. If it's good and funny then yes, i like it. I'm not some hardcore nationalist to be angry about every joke. But the words "oh come on!!" come to mind when they start to be distastetful, cause really... what's the point of making stupid jokes like that?

Just because you don't have problems with polish people doesn't mean that every single german feels the same way. My uncle lives in Germany, in Duisburg to be exact. You know what his neighbours any many other did during the game Ecuador vs. Poland?? They were hanging Ecuador flags outside of their windows and openly cheering for them cause they reeeeeeaaaaly didn't want us polish to win :) they did the same during the Poland vs. Costa Rica game. Nice eh?? And yes, my unlce had to deal with a lot of distasteful comments about him being polish.

And i know that not every one is like that. But that's just the way it is.

At 6/30/06 05:26 PM, --Hybrid-- wrote: No. They're german. World war II has been over for a long time now, get that in your friggin heads.

I know that they're german now!! My god!! Did i write: "OMG!! Germans suck!! If it weren't for the polish you would suck!!!!"???? I simply stated that they weren't born in Germany. As i wrote it was a FUN FACT. Besides, watch Podolski. He NEVER sings the German national anthem. That's cause he said that although he lives in Germany and plays in the German team, in his heart he's still polish.

BBS Signature

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:10:28

At 6/30/06 05:42 PM, Emomon wrote: I'm not going to watc hthe WC anymore, all the nice teams have dropped out today (I was rooting for ukraine and argentina to give this WC some renewing taste, but no -_-)

While ukraine were a welcomed change to the line-up their football was far too negative and boring. the match with facing the swiss was hands down the worst match of the tournament (probably one of the worst ever in World Cup Finals History) and for that sin im glad to see them go crashing out. As for renewing taste i guess argentinas winning the cup for the first time in 20 years would have been a nice change but thinking about it they are still two time winners already. infact all but portugal are now past winners with the rest italy (3), brazil (5), england (1), germany (3) France (1) all past winners at some stage.

i'd like to see portugal go for it as they haven't won before, but i doubt they'll get far with the bullshit suspensions from their farce of a game with holland. deco probably would have caused a few major probs but now i see their attacking game (their strength) will suffer. course if they beat england they stand as good as chance as anyone else left with their team restored.

The only headline i want to see involving 'Big Brother' involves the words rabid lion & no survivors.

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:14:24

At 6/30/06 05:42 PM, Emomon wrote: look, their born in poland but nationalised, get it in your head, no big deal though, it happens everywhere, their still originally polish, but let's not get nationalistic here.

Agreed. A lot of german people are originally from somewhere else. Most people over here don't mind, though. Honestly. But I think you can imagine why german people can get a little picky about the subject.

I'm not going to watc hthe WC anymore, all the nice teams have dropped out today (I was rooting for ukraine and argentina to give this WC some renewing taste, but no -_-)

That's really too bad, I think you're going to be missing out on something. It's gonna be WILD!

Response to Official World Cup Germany Thread 2006-06-30 18:24:51

Here's a fun fact:
You germans bought the game, and all the 'kicking' was due to a fucker who made a joke and deserved those kicks.
Andate bien a la re concha de tu muerta abuela.