00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

iPod Club

53,895 Views | 1,136 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-13 17:37:50

At 10/13/06 05:23 AM, metalstorm wrote: free upgrade on their iPod

i do know that they charge you the difference if you get an upgrade. it's never free.

besides that, the 80GB is $50 cheaper than the 60GB sold for, just as the new 30GB costs $50 less than its predecessor. it's not a new generation, just an update of the current one (just as osx tiger was recently updated. same analogy).

At 10/13/06 06:17 AM, metalstorm wrote: Why do people still believe that touchscreen iPods are still coming out?

because think secret is a very, very reliable apple/mac insider source.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-13 18:05:16

I love the song "Bossy" by kelis! ^^

I listen to it like 30 times a day!

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-14 23:39:37

At 10/10/06 01:27 AM, Mr-Magoo wrote:
At 10/10/06 12:26 AM, Buddhist wrote:
I think i'm gonna run out of room on it soon though. I've got like 15 more CDs to burn + 2 audiobooks, and I've already filled up ~16GB in iTunes out of the 18.5GB that can fit on my iPod. ;_;
Ummm how much did all of this cost you? and what bitrate are you going to rip those CD's with?

~$90 USD, and I rip them at the standard MP3 bitrate, because I have crappy $10 Koss heaphones. I'm an audiophile without enough money for expensive headphones or speakers. :|

Ain't dis a bitch though: the motherboard I ordered on eBay came without the port that connects the audio jacks to the motherboard, and when I pointed it out to the fucking asshole that sold it to me, he vehemently denied it and refused to take it back.

Whatever. I'm bidding on a set of 16 4G iPod motherboards, so I can't go wrong. >:)

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-15 13:51:18

At 10/14/06 11:39 PM, Buddhist wrote:

Whatever. I'm bidding on a set of 16 4G iPod motherboards, so I can't go wrong. >:)

Whew I though for a moment tha you wound of spending the amout that would of gotten you a new ipod.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-16 16:19:49

I just got an iHome docking system for my 60 GB Video iPod. It's pretty sweet, it's white like my iPod, charges my iPod, has a clock, I can set an alarm and either wake up to the buzzer, radio, or music from my iPod, and it has external speakers that have rather good quality sound.

But i'm not so sure that it is the best docking system out there, as I desire the best (lol rich). I had earlier boughten an iLive docking system, and it had a video jack, so I could hook up to my TV and watch my iPod videos on a larger screen, but the sound quality was shite, there was a hissing noise when I listened to anything, so I returned it.

This iHome has a 90-day limited warranty, so I can return it if I don't like it. So do ANY of you guys have any suggestions? Do you know any better docking systems?

iPod Club

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-16 19:32:01

At 10/16/06 04:19 PM, KungFuCow wrote:

This iHome has a 90-day limited warranty, so I can return it if I don't like it. So do ANY of you guys have any suggestions? Do you know any better docking systems?

How bout this?

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-17 03:27:11

At 10/16/06 04:19 PM, KungFuCow wrote: This iHome has a 90-day limited warranty, so I can return it if I don't like it. So do ANY of you guys have any suggestions? Do you know any better docking systems?

Do you already have a radio/CD player type hi-fi with a line-in and an alarm function? Because what I have is for a few quid I bought a headphone to phono cable, it's plugged into the back of my stereo, and my ipod has an alarm to start playing, and my stereo has an alarm for the same time to turn on and switch to the line-in.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-17 17:29:04

At 10/17/06 03:27 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Do you already have a radio/CD player type hi-fi with a line-in and an alarm function?

No, the iHome I got is the first of its type that i've had. But being the picky, rich, greedy bastard that I am, I want the best, and i'm not sure the iHome is the best docking system. There has to be others that look better and perform better, with more snazzy functions.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-17 18:21:16

At 10/17/06 05:29 PM, KungFuCow wrote: There has to be others that look better and perform better, with more snazzy functions.

Then do what I suggested.

Get a high quality stereo system, not from some shitty ipod peripheral company, but from Sony, Panasonic, etc. If you're concerned about it looking imperfect with an ipod attatched by cable (and if you do you're a faggot), then get an ipod dock (without speakers), they look the part and have a line-out. Then get the aformentioned cable and attatch dock to stereo.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-18 02:11:45

welllllll Apple did release a patent on the touch screen if i remember correctly

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-19 12:43:10

Woo, 3500 songs! (13gb)

3500th song: The Blood Arm - Suspicious Character.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-26 22:43:49

Can anyone tell me a good program to use to convert videos into iPod format?

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-29 15:55:40

How i get free songs is get songs from limewire and grag them into my itunes music library. Then hook the ipod in and it will get the songs in the updates.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

- George Carlin

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-29 15:58:26

At 10/29/06 03:55 PM, Cooliostrongbad wrote: How i get free songs is get songs from limewire and grag them into my itunes music library. Then hook the ipod in and it will get the songs in the updates.

not grag. DRAG

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

- George Carlin

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-29 19:55:20

At 10/29/06 03:58 PM, Cooliostrongbad wrote:
At 10/29/06 03:55 PM, Cooliostrongbad wrote: How i get free songs is get songs from limewire and grag them into my itunes music library. Then hook the ipod in and it will get the songs in the updates.
not grag. DRAG

The web has been spun for you

DON'T TALK ABOUT LIMEWIRE ON THIS BOARD!!!

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-30 01:47:58

hey can i join? i just got a black 30 gb video a couple days ago so i don't have many songs yet...so can i join?

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-30 23:04:59

At 10/30/06 01:47 AM, DistantSniper wrote: hey can i join? i just got a black 30 gb video a couple days ago so i don't have many songs yet...so can i join?

Sure why not? just be able to post here often espcically if its about troubleshooting

BTW has anyone downloaded any audio portal songs for use on their ipods?

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-31 22:37:18

itunes 7.0.2 is out now get it espicially if you're planning on getting the new ipod shufle since tthe primary bluk of this up grade involves adding support for this new player alos I noticed that cover flow mode works a whole lot better now

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-01 16:33:27

At 10/31/06 10:37 PM, NapaLm-MeLLon wrote: I noticed that cover flow mode works a whole lot better now

Eh? It seems exactly the same to me.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-01 17:37:37

At 11/1/06 04:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 10/31/06 10:37 PM, NapaLm-MeLLon wrote: I noticed that cover flow mode works a whole lot better now
Eh? It seems exactly the same to me.

when I engage in that mode now all the covers are loaded. I no longer see the efect where I do a quick scroll only to see some covers pop up only after the scroll is complete

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-01 18:04:07

At 11/1/06 05:37 PM, NapaLm-MeLLon wrote: when I engage in that mode now all the covers are loaded. I no longer see the efect where I do a quick scroll only to see some covers pop up only after the scroll is complete

oh, hmmm, that happened to me before the update.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-01 20:45:58

At 11/1/06 06:04 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 11/1/06 05:37 PM, NapaLm-MeLLon wrote: when I engage in that mode now all the covers are loaded. I no longer see the efect where I do a quick scroll only to see some covers pop up only after the scroll is complete
oh, hmmm, that happened to me before the update.

yeah I know 7.0.1 did a improve the freature because in 7.0.0 it really was erratic. You must of been better with picking album covers of the internet (after all relying soley on the album grab freature won't give you stff not avialable on itunes) now on 7.0.2 the ones that still took a wahile to load don't anymore

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-01 21:34:21

At 10/30/06 11:04 PM, NapaLm-MeLLon wrote: BTW has anyone downloaded any audio portal songs for use on their ipods?

ya i downloaded some songs from the audio portal i got about 50 something songs from there

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-03 20:50:42

Today I just had ate a healthy dose of humble pie. My headphones broke. However within the dissapointment I discovered these truly amazing Koss headphones that clip onto your ears that go for $25 and you know what I think they sound a whole lot better.

KSC75

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-05 09:00:25

At 11/3/06 08:50 PM, NapaLm-MeLLon wrote: Today I just had ate a healthy dose of humble pie. My headphones broke. However within the dissapointment I discovered these truly amazing Koss headphones that clip onto your ears that go for $25 and you know what I think they sound a whole lot better.

KSC75

Those types of headphones enver fit snugly enough on my ears.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-09 23:17:37

I have eye candy for us ipod users

BEHOLD A DAMMING IMPRESSION OF MICROSOFT'S ZUNE

Microsoft?fs proprietary closed system abandons one potential audience: those who would have chosen an iPod competitor just to show their resentment for Apple?fs proprietary closed system.

To make matters worse, you can?ft use Windows Media Player to load the Zune with music; you have to install a similar but less powerful Windows program just for the Zune. It?fs a ridiculous duplication of effort by Microsoft, and a double learning curve for you.

So how is the Zune? It had better be pretty incredible to justify all of this hassle.

As it turns out, the player is excellent. It can?ft touch the iPod?fs looks or coolness, but it?fs certainly more practical. It?fs coated in slightly rubberized plastic, available in white, black or brown ?\ yes, brown. It won?ft turn heads, but it won?ft get fingerprinty and scratched, either. It sounds just as good as the iPod.

The Zune matches the price ($250) and capacity of the 30-gigabyte iPod. But it?fs noticeably thicker (0.6 inch vs. 0.4), taller (4.4 inches vs. 4.1) and heavier (5.6 ounces vs. 4.8). Battery life is the same for music playback (14 hours), slightly better for video (4 hours vs. 3.5). The three-inch screen has the same 320-by-240-pixel resolution, but it?fs larger (3 inches vs. 2.5), so movies and slide shows feel more expansive.

What looks like an iPod scroll wheel, though, is a fakeout. It doesn?ft turn, and it?fs not touch-sensitive. Instead, it?fs just four buttons hidden under the compass points of a plastic ring.

Scrolling accelerates as you press the top or bottom button, but the iPod?fs wheel is much more efficient. On the other hand, the Zune?fs left and right buttons jump between menus (for example, Album, Artist, Genre) with less backtracking. The software design is beautiful, simple and graced by brief, classy animations.

The Zune?fs screen is taller than it is wide ?\ unlike the iPod?fs ?\ so you can see more of your lists without scrolling. But it?fs all wrong for photos and videos. So when videos or photos play, the screen image rotates, meaning you have to turn the player 90 degrees. And just as on the iPod, portrait-oriented photos are now shrunken, crammed the wrong way on the horizontal screen.

The Zune has a built-in FM radio receiver, and even shows the name of the current song, if the station broadcasts it. Reception is fairly weak, the headphones must be plugged in to serve as an antenna, and you can?ft make recordings.

The big, whomping Zune news, though, is wireless sharing. The Zune has a built-in Wi-Fi antenna. (Turning it on costs you one hour of battery life.)

During the playback of any photo or song, you can view a list of Zunes within 30 feet. Sending a song takes about 15 seconds, a photo 2 seconds; you can?ft send videos at all.

Your lucky recipient can accept or decline your offering ?\ and, if you have really terrible taste, can block your Zune permanently.

It all works well enough, but it?fs just so weird that Zunes can connect only to each other. Who?fd build a Wi-Fi device that can?ft connect to a wireless network ?\ to sync with your PC, for example? Nor to an Internet hot spot, to download music directly?

Microsoft also faces what?fs known as the Dilemma of the First Guy With a Telephone: Who you gonna call? The Zune will have to rack up some truly amazing sales before it?fs easy to find sharing partners.

Microsoft is leaving nothing to chance here. The Zune will be available in 30,000 stores nationwide ?\ versus 10,000 for the iPod, Microsoft says. Zune commercials will run several times during each episode of popular TV shows, bearing the slogan ?gWelcome to the social.?h (Either there?fs a noun missing there, or they?fre using ?gsocial?h as a noun, as in ?gice cream social.?h)

The bigger problem, though, is the draconian copy protection on beamed music (though not photos). You can play a transmitted song only three times, all within three days. After that, it expires. You?fre left with only a text tag that shows up on your PC so that ?\ how convenient! ?\ you can buy the song from Microsoft?fs store.

This copy protection is as strict as a 19th-century schoolmarm. Just playing half the song (or one minute, whichever comes first) counts as one ?gplay.?h You can never resend a song to the same friend. A beamed song can?ft be passed along to a third person, either.

What?fs really nuts is that the restrictions even stomp on your own musical creations. Microsoft?fs literature suggests that if you have a struggling rock band, you could ?gput your demo recordings on your Zune?h and ?gwhen you?fre out in public, you can send the songs to your friends.?h What it doesn?ft say: ?gAnd then three days later, just when buzz about your band is beginning to build, your songs disappear from everyone?fs Zunes, making you look like an idiot.?h

Microsoft says that the wireless sharing is a new way to discover music. But you can?ft shake the feeling that it?fs all just a big plug for Microsoft?fs music store. If it?fs truly about the joy of music discovery, why doesn?ft Microsoft let you buy your discoveries from any of the PlaysForSure stores?

The Zune offers some niceties you can?ft get on the iPod. For example, any photo can be the menu background. Album artwork automatically fills the entire screen during playback. You can ?gflag?h any song or photo for future reference on your PC. You can plug the Zune into an Xbox 360 and use its controller to play what?fs on your Zune through your entertainment system.

But the opposite list ?\ features the iPod has that the Zune doesn?ft ?\ could stretch to Steve Ballmer?fs house and back 10 times.

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-09 23:18:54

CONTINUED

t the very attractive but dog-slow Zune store, for example, you can either buy songs ($1 each) or rent them (unlimited songs for $15 a month). But Microsoft?fs store doesn?ft sell TV shows, movies or audio books. The music catalog is much smaller ?\ 2 million vs. 3.5 million on iTunes ?\ a fact that Microsoft ham-handedly tries to conceal by listing stuff that it doesn?ft actually sell, like Beatles albums.

The Zune store is also missing gift certificates, allowances, user-submitted playlists and so on. And believe it or not, the Zune store doesn?ft let you subscribe or download podcasts. (Maybe Microsoft just couldn?ft bring itself to type the word ?gpod.?h)

The Zune 1.0 player is pretty barren, too. It doesn?ft have a single standard iPod amenity: no games, alarm clock, stopwatch, world clock, password-protected volume limiter, equalizer, calendar, address book or notes module.

Incredibly, you can?ft even use the Zune as an external hard drive, as you can with just about every other player on earth ?\ an extremely handy option for carting around big computer files.

Naturally, you also miss out on the 3,000 iPod accessories: speaker systems, microphones, cases, home and auto adapters, remote controls and so on. Over 80 percent of 2007 cars will have an iPod connector option ?\ zero for Zune. And there?fs only one Zune model; there?fs no equivalent of the iPod Nano or Shuffle.

Competition is good and all. But what, exactly, is the point of the Zune? It seems like an awful lot of duplication ?\ in a bigger, heavier form with fewer features ?\ just to indulge Microsoft?fs ?gwe want some o?f that?h envy. Wireless sharing is the one big new idea ?\ and if the public seems to respond, Apple could always add that to the iPod.

Then again, this is all standard Microsoft procedure. Version 1.0 of Microsoft Anything is stripped-down and derivative, but it?fs followed by several years of slow but relentless refinement and marketing. Already, Microsoft says that new Zune features, models and accessories are in the pipeline.

For now, though, this game is for watching, not playing. It may be quite a while before brown is the new white.

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-09 23:20:10

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-12 16:58:56

v3

iPod Club

Response to iPod Club 2006-11-12 23:22:49

At this point I think I should just buy a nice 40GB or 60GB iPod, maybe a Video iPod, or a Creative Zen or iRiver, because i'm up to almost 18GB of music, and my iPod holds 18.6GB. ;_;

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature