00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

iPod Club

53,871 Views | 1,136 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-08 08:10:06

I use JVC "gummy" earphones, they're £7 and absolutely awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 02:58:27

At 10/8/06 08:10 AM, Daves-Breasts wrote: I use JVC "gummy" earphones, they're ?’7 and absolutely awesome.

You don't know waht you're missing out on

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 07:35:30

At 10/7/06 06:26 PM, Mr-Magoo wrote: BTW I suggest geting a nice set of headphones for your investment the ones that come with the ipod absolutely SUCK!

i beg to differ. the iPod comes with really high-end earbuds, they've got very good bass [for earbuds].

obviously getting stereo headphones is better, but the defaults are plenty good enough to use as they are.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 08:52:46

i'll join i have a blue mini

but i'm missing a chuink of it since i fell off my bike with it on my pocket, and i bit just got like shaved off you could say

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 10:04:34

At 10/9/06 02:58 AM, Mr-Magoo wrote:
At 10/8/06 08:10 AM, Daves-Breasts wrote: I use JVC "gummy" earphones, they're ?’7 and absolutely awesome.
You don't know waht you're missing out on

Yes I do. I'm missing out on a bit better sound, that is no-where near worth the increased price.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 16:15:56

I got an email from apple that says I will get it around October 16th :(
Does anyone else here have a white video? If you do, what is the deal with finger prints on it, are they really noticable or easy to get on? I know that you get a white case with it, but I want to be able to see the screen, so does anyone know any good cases that I can get?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 16:29:04

At 10/9/06 04:15 PM, Zwe wrote: Does anyone else here have a white video? If you do, what is the deal with finger prints on it, are they really noticable or easy to get on?

don't have a white iPod, but i do know that they have much less noticeable fingerprinting than the black ones do. you won't have to wipe it constantly.

I know that you get a white case with it, but I want to be able to see the screen, so does anyone know any good cases that I can get?

in my opinion, iSkins and radio shack's skins are the most aesthetically pleasing with the best color combinations. i didn't get a skin for my video though, i just carry it around in the black cloth/leather-ish case and take it out completely if i want to watch a video.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 16:39:02

At 10/9/06 04:29 PM, charlotte wrote: don't have a white iPod, but i do know that they have much less noticeable fingerprinting than the black ones do. you won't have to wipe it constantly.

I kind of figured that, but I'm mostly worried about the back

iSkin

I just looked up iSkin on google and found out that one of those is 40 bucks :\
I guess I shouldn't worry about fingerprints...

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 20:08:57

OMFG! It came in today! I can't to put my music onto it!
It came in rather early though...

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 21:46:13

At 10/9/06 08:13 PM, buddycuffs wrote: I haven't looked back through all of the pages in this club, but does anybody know news about a new iPod? like a touchscreen?

Because I'm going to buy a new iPod soon and I was just wondering if I should wait if a new one is coming out.

yeah, the widescreen iPod should be coming out in i think november or late october. it'll be about the same size as the video, except it'll be one big screen with a touchscreen scroll wheel.

personally, i'd say just get the video now; in my opinion the widescreen won't be worth it what with scratches and all.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-09 22:28:02

At 10/9/06 07:35 AM, charlotte wrote:
At 10/7/06 06:26 PM, Mr-Magoo wrote: BTW I suggest geting a nice set of headphones for your investment the ones that come with the ipod absolutely SUCK!
i beg to differ. the iPod comes with really high-end earbuds, they've got very good bass [for earbuds].

but they are limsy and fall out of the ear easily. Also they are of the bud style which is the lowest common denominator for a headphone because the speaker does not go directly into you're ear so there is absolutely no seal forcing you to trun the volume igher than you would like. My head phones on the other hand go right in your ear canal forming a seal with the outside world creating noise cancelation far superior to that of those giant Bose sets that go for $200 along with superior sound quality

iPod Club

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 00:26:55

So my new iPod motherboard is on its way. After all this shit dealing with having to buy a new hard drive, a new battery, and now a new motherboard, it should all finally work now, PLUS, i'll have a better, longer-lasting battery, a fresh, not messed up HDD, and I also bought a nice case for it to go in, complete with a screen protector. 8)

I think i'm gonna run out of room on it soon though. I've got like 15 more CDs to burn + 2 audiobooks, and I've already filled up ~16GB in iTunes out of the 18.5GB that can fit on my iPod. ;_;

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 01:27:43

At 10/10/06 12:26 AM, Buddhist wrote:
I think i'm gonna run out of room on it soon though. I've got like 15 more CDs to burn + 2 audiobooks, and I've already filled up ~16GB in iTunes out of the 18.5GB that can fit on my iPod. ;_;

Ummm how much did all of this cost you? and what bitrate are you going to rip those CD's with?

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 04:31:16

At 10/9/06 10:28 PM, Mr-Magoo wrote: but they are limsy and fall out of the ear easily. Also they are of the bud style which is the lowest common denominator for a headphone because the speaker does not go directly into you're ear so there is absolutely no seal forcing you to trun the volume igher than you would like. My head phones on the other hand go right in your ear canal forming a seal with the outside world creating noise cancelation far superior to that of those giant Bose sets that go for $200 along with superior sound quality

you do realize that with noise cancelation, NOT hearing the world around you presents MORE consequences than it does benefits?

i'd much rather be able to tell that an out-of-control car is careening towards me from behind, or some asshat is trying to mug me, than have a "superior" music listening experience. i'm quite satisfied with the excellent sound already.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 11:22:51

At 10/9/06 10:28 PM, Mr-Magoo wrote: forcing you to trun the volume igher than you would like

Bullshit. My headphones are the same size + shape of the iPod headphones and I often find that when listening somewhere quiet (eg: a train), I can quite comfortably put it on lowest possible volume. Even in noisy places, half of the ipod's max volume is just fine. If you need it higher, either your mp3 files are too quiet or you're listening too loud.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 11:57:01

At 10/10/06 04:31 AM, charlotte wrote:

i'd much rather be able to tell that an out-of-control car is careening towards me from behind, or some asshat is trying to mug me, than have a "superior" music listening experience. i'm quite satisfied with the excellent sound already.

whatever floats your boat...

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 15:33:17

At 10/10/06 11:57 AM, Mr-Magoo wrote: whatever floats your boat...

i take it you live in a suburb.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 16:04:18

At 10/10/06 03:33 PM, charlotte wrote:
At 10/10/06 11:57 AM, Mr-Magoo wrote: whatever floats your boat...
i take it you live in a suburb.

On the absolute contray I live in NYC (Manhattan) but am currently out of town in college They did wonders in the subway

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 16:28:43

At 10/10/06 04:04 PM, Mr-Magoo wrote: On the absolute contray I live in NYC (Manhattan) but am currently out of town in college They did wonders in the subway

you're insane.

okey, back to...iPods?

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 16:48:55

I really fancy those new, 80 GB Video iPods with longer battery life, but I already have a 60 GB that works well, so I don't think that it's worth it to spend that much money right now.

Also, I got the latest south park episode on my iPod, "Make love, not Warcraft." : )

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 17:08:18

At 10/10/06 04:48 PM, KungFuCow wrote: I really fancy those new, 80 GB Video iPods with longer battery life, but I already have a 60 GB that works well, so I don't think that it's worth it to spend that much money right now.

couldn't you just trade it in and pay the difference? (that is, if there's actually a problem with your 60GB.) i had issues with getting tv shows to appear in the video menu of my 30GB iPod, so i sent it in to apple and they're going to give me the new 30GB in exchange.

you feasibly could make up an excuse, or just fuck up your iPod's software beyond recognition in order to get the trade-in deal.

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 17:48:29

At 10/10/06 05:08 PM, charlotte wrote: you feasibly could make up an excuse, or just fuck up your iPod's software beyond recognition in order to get the trade-in deal.

So you are saying that if I fuck up my iPod, I will get the newer, better one, rather than getting the same model? I don't think I would get the newer one, I would just get a replacement. But mine works fine.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-10 18:17:28

At 10/10/06 05:48 PM, KungFuCow wrote: So you are saying that if I fuck up my iPod, I will get the newer, better one, rather than getting the same model? I don't think I would get the newer one, I would just get a replacement.

nope, you'd get the newer one. apple recalls and breaks down all older models for parts once they release a new one. you couldn't buy a 60GB from them now even if you asked.

But mine works fine.

k

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-11 22:48:30

The ipod touchscreen, when does it come out?

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-12 09:09:45

At 10/10/06 05:48 PM, KungFuCow wrote:
At 10/10/06 05:08 PM, charlotte wrote: you feasibly could make up an excuse, or just fuck up your iPod's software beyond recognition in order to get the trade-in deal.
So you are saying that if I fuck up my iPod, I will get the newer, better one, rather than getting the same model? I don't think I would get the newer one, I would just get a replacement. But mine works fine.

You could try by unplugging it while updating or similar. Or if your battery life falls to under 4 hours it's viable for a replacement if under warranty.

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-13 00:03:52

At 10/11/06 10:48 PM, GothicHedgehog wrote: The ipod touchscreen, when does it come out?

I bet end of this year

They have done hyper short term updates before

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-13 05:23:00

At 10/10/06 06:17 PM, charlotte wrote: nope, you'd get the newer one. apple recalls and breaks down all older models for parts once they release a new one. you couldn't buy a 60GB from them now even if you asked.

Thats not actually true. I have a 10GB 3G iPod which I have had replaced 6 times due to various faults occurring. The last 4 of those times were after the model was rendered obsolete and the most recent time I got it replaced was almost 13 months after Apple had stopped selling it. Whilst Apple may break down some of their obsolete iPods the reality it that they still keep a massive supply of them to avoid as much as possible having to give someone a free upgrade on their iPod when they make a claim on their warranty as it would obviously be cheaper for them to replace your iPod with an obsolete model as opposed to a new one which would otherwise be sold. Anyone who gets their iPod replaced with a newer model one should be concidered extremely lucky.

Sig by madknt

Sig pinkified by jackmorrison

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-13 06:17:18

At 10/13/06 12:03 AM, Mr-Magoo wrote:
At 10/11/06 10:48 PM, GothicHedgehog wrote: The ipod touchscreen, when does it come out?
I bet end of this year

Why do people still believe that touchscreen iPods are still coming out?
There has been speculation over that validity of the touchscreen iPod for over 8 months now and I am yet to hear of any official comments made by Apple. The only other iPod model to have close to as much speculation around its release was the video iPod and Apple commented on that within weeks of the rumours beginning, even if it was Steve Jobs saying that Apple would not be releasing a video iPod due to complications with copyright laws. Advocates of the touchscreen iPod may also find this video to be interesting viewing.

Sig by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-13 06:30:03

At 10/12/06 09:09 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 10/10/06 05:48 PM, KungFuCow wrote:
You could try by unplugging it while updating or similar. Or if your battery life falls to under 4 hours it's viable for a replacement if under warranty.

You're actually able to legitimately make a claim on your iPod if the batteries life falls below 50% of what it originally was during the warranty of the iPod. if you don't want to wait that long then the best way to deliberately fuck up your iPod would be to switch it to manual update and then rip it our of your computer whilst you are updating music on it. If done correctly there is a chance you can permanenty freeze your iPod. The beauty of doing it this way is that it is the single most common reason for people getting their iPods replaced so it won't look suspicious to any of the iPod technicians.

Sig by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to iPod Club 2006-10-13 14:52:33

Distressed about aids, want a new ipod nano? Now there a special red ipod nano that with every $10 of the purchase goes to fighting aids