00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,044,574 Views | 61,095 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-05 20:13:38

Thank you for the roster NEVR you got alot of b/p/. So how do you get so much points?, do you sit by the portal all day?. I remember this one user who spend 14 hours ,on it thats crazy. I check now and then but i dont spend all day, so thats why i guess my b/p slow. Obviously i deposit and i do look at new flashes, its so slow geting to the next badge. Mine over 300 points. My strong points is the abusive review. Well i cant belive its nearly clockday, i remmber lasy year. Its only seems lke yesterday the years gone so fast. Salutes!

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-05 20:28:00

At 8/5/08 02:38 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
No.## || [Total B/P] || [Gain] || [Gain/day] || [Rise/drop] || [Name, Rank]
>>> 21 || [ 17824 ] || [ 256 ] || [ 36.6 ] || [ 53.0 - ] || Metal-Therapy, Colonel +1
>>> 22 || [ 17801 ] || [ 135 ] || [ 19.3 ] || [ 44.0 - ] || Mendou, Colonel -1
>>> 23 || [ 17642 ] || [ 242 ] || [ 34.6 ] || [ 13.5 - ] || lilhunter03, Colonel
>>> 24 || [ 17282 ] || [ 088 ] || [ 12.6 ] || [ 08.0+ ] || aldlv, Major
A slacking week here. Before, about 3 used to get in the top 5 in the week. Now all four are slacking. MT managed to pass Mendou, but they weren't very far from each other, anyway. aldlv is falling behind, he needs to catch up otherwise he will never get to the top.

well... you know... the life gets hard... the university takes all my time now...
I am on some club... so, i am getting really late to my house

but.. maybe in a couple of weeks a get more time...
but i have to say that... having less than 100 b/p... that hurts
never in a year, until now

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-05 21:30:31

At 8/5/08 08:13 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Thank you for the roster NEVR you got alot of b/p/. So how do you get so much points?, do you sit by the portal all day?

LOL, maybe 6 months ago I'd have the time to do that, but these days I just go on NG between doing everything else that has to be sorted out in my life. Evenings usually yield a bit more time if I'm at home, too, but ultimately it's pretty rare that I'll get a whole day to dedicate to NG. Even if I did, I'd need some breaks. Spending a whole day doing one thing is frankly a bit much for me. ;P

I remember this one user who spend 14 hours ,on it thats crazy. I check now and then but i dont spend all day, so thats why i guess my b/p slow.

I've found that 1 check per hour can often be enough, so long as you vote an all the under judgment submissions available when you're doing a check.

Obviously i deposit and i do look at new flashes, its so slow geting to the next badge. Mine over 300 points.

I still have around 350 to get to my next badge, which should take me a week, or just over, depending on my pace. The gap between each badge for me is 2,000 B/P, which takes a while.

After getting the next 350 points and hitting my next rank, I'll be on the last 2,000 point gap, and after that I'll be onto the 4,500 gap to Supreme Commander. That'll be a massive one to get through.

At 8/5/08 08:28 PM, aldlv wrote: well... you know... the life gets hard... the university takes all my time now...

ALWAYS REMEMBER, life >>>>>>>> Newgrounds. Every. Single. Time.

LOL. I've had months on end of getting no B/P constantly. This was before I joined the EGB, of course. Once I got into the more competitive, rank-orientated environment, I was more motivated.

STILL, live your life dude. Don't let internets get in the way, Internets aren't important.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-05 23:14:16

At 8/5/08 09:30 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/5/08 08:28 PM, aldlv wrote: well... you know... the life gets hard... the university takes all my time now...
ALWAYS REMEMBER, life >>>>>>>> Newgrounds. Every. Single. Time.

I know...
XD
obviously life is more important...
i'm just saying... that i'm not able to be here like i was last year
i kind of miss it
but is fine... I mean
i love my career, i really do

LOL. I've had months on end of getting no B/P constantly. This was before I joined the EGB, of course. Once I got into the more competitive, rank-orientated environment, I was more motivated.

STILL, live your life dude. Don't let internets get in the way, Internets aren't important.

yep, you are right man...
but... is strange when it comes from the 'no log out button' guy
hahaha... just kidding
i just remember that joke right now
well...
back to the... reality, i'm going to check a few things i need to buy and finish reading something for chemistry

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 02:53:39

At 8/5/08 07:04 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Oh, god, sorry I'm so late. Internet problems and personal shit kept me offline for quite a while.
Welcome to the Barracks! I'm the Barracks Recruitment Officer, Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm. It's my job to examine new prospective recruits and see if they've got what it takes to join the EGB.

Oh thanks; BTW, by reading the roster I think I'm going to be on top gainers on some weeks muahaha.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 06:48:26

At 8/5/08 02:38 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: EGSC X2!

Indeed. I still have to watch out from Courtday on the big list, he gets a pretty good pace and I can't keep him off for much lonager, but if all the other remain inactive, I may just return to my old #20 place.

At 8/5/08 03:07 PM, TheThing wrote: As for the other phantom, I doubt I'll be able to keep my lead much longer.

What? Oh my, X-Naut, what a brilliant disguise. <_<

At 8/5/08 03:54 PM, Coop83 wrote: Looks like we'll have a new tree topper soon.

I like to think about it as a table, with many ranks :D

At 8/5/08 04:48 PM, NEVR wrote: Heh, you'll be at the top pretty soon I reckon. X-Naut isn't exactly streaming along right now, so it looks like the way is clear for you.

Working on it.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 08:43:11

At 8/5/08 11:44 PM, Mendou wrote: Real slow week I must admit, no 500 or even 600's this week. Looks like everyones slowing down for a bit.

It's a LOL to see 323 being the highest gain for the week. especially when last week, I was the LOWEST on the top 5 gainers list with a weekly gain of 410.

I've been going through some things in my life right now and honestly b/p is just the least of my prioritys for now. I recall me stopping for a bit last year. Looks like it's about to happen again. Might take a while but I'll get back into the mood eventually.

But for now, I'm pretty much finished.

Fair enough. I felt like that once, and I think a fair few people are feeling the same as you now. Josh has packed it in for the time being -- and who can blame him after 20 weeks (and even more than that before he joined the EGB) of insane pace.

To be fair to you, at least you're stopping on your favourite rank.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 15:10:25

If I spent more time in the portal getting points, I might gain more in my rank, lol. I dunno what I've been doing most of the week other than buying a new keyboard. Which now helps me type things better although it sounds somewhat noisy to me.

Notice how many Edible Castle episods have been submitted this week? It's kind of intresting, lol. Need to watch number 6, not seen it yet.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 18:36:13

Stolen Flash, perhaps?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 2488
The author admits in his comments that it's not his.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 18:36:18

Sir stolen game alert http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 2488 even admits it in his commemts stupid idiot from herehttp://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Inqu isitive-Dave.html

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 19:16:24

Hay, can i join.

btw i'm a EG major.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 20:13:46

At 8/6/08 07:16 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Hay, can i join.
btw i'm a EG major.

Hello there it lovely to hear you want to join, well i think this may help you http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/3873 19/950 SlashFirestorm i dont think hes on a the momen,t but that should explain you question. Just scroll down to his post. Well my b/p today more then before, still slow. Annoying on RRc A Calm Before ,The storm was deleted dont know why

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 20:21:58

At 8/6/08 08:13 PM, phantomlassuk wrote:
btw i'm a EG major.
Hello there it lovely to hear you want to join, well i think this may help you http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/3873 19/950 SlashFirestorm i dont think hes on a the momen,t but that should explain you question. Just scroll down to his post. Well my b/p today more then before, still slow. Annoying on RRc A Calm Before ,The storm was deleted dont know why

Okey that sounds fair enough, thank god in the past year i became a much better poster. So all i have to do is wait for him to inspect my account and wait for a pm from him?

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 20:35:54

A Calm Before ,The storm was deleted dont know why

Okey that sounds fair enough, thank god in the past year i became a much better poster. So all i have to do is wait for him to inspect my account and wait for a pm from him?

I think so when i joined up i was sent a pm i think by Aldv sorry ,if that the wrong speling to join. i posted so mine was the oppsite. Im only a member so dont take my words, as correct i may be wrong.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 20:59:53

At 8/6/08 08:35 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: A Calm Before ,The storm was deleted dont know why

I think so when i joined up i was sent a pm i think by Aldv sorry ,if that the wrong speling to join. i posted so mine was the oppsite. Im only a member so dont take my words, as correct i may be wrong.

Okey your a bit confusing, but it think i got the just of things around here and hope i can become a member here.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 21:04:02

At 8/6/08 02:53 AM, P-I-N wrote: Oh thanks; BTW, by reading the roster I think I'm going to be on top gainers on some weeks muahaha.

Wish I could say the same but I have a feeling that school will pretty much be draining all of my time. But who knows, I may get lucky from time to time ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 23:23:15

At 8/6/08 06:48 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 8/5/08 03:07 PM, TheThing wrote: As for the other phantom, I doubt I'll be able to keep my lead much longer.
What? Oh my, X-Naut, what a brilliant disguise. <_<

Shit, he's on to me!

Actually I meant phantomlassuk, but I don't care to spell that, or even copy/paste it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 23:28:27

P-I-N has been accepted into the Barracks, under the condition that he works to improve posting/review length and quality (more so posting than reviewing, but both are important). We expect more than one-liners in here, so as long as you keep that in mind, you're in.

First thing that you should do is register at the Barracks forums, so I can validate you and allow you full access.

btw i'm a EG major.

Welcome to the Barracks! I'm the Barracks Recruitment Officer, Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm. It's my job to examine new prospective recruits and see if they've got what it takes to join the EGB.

Let me explain how the recruitment process works.

Currently you are in "Standby Status" while your case is considered. During this process, me and the other Barracks members will take a look at your record---posting quality, review history/quality, flash record, etc---and see if there are any problems.

Don't worry, we're not too strict about these things; we just want to make sure that you have a decent posting record (not too many one-liners and no flaming/spamming), don't make abusive reviews or rulebreaking flash, etc..

After a period of discussion amongst the Barracks members, I (or my superiors) will make the final call. Assuming that no objections are raised, this Standby Status should only last approximately 24 hours. I will PM you with the final verdict.

Barracks members can go to the appropriate discussion thread to converse/vote on the recruit. Remember that you gotta be logged in to view/post/vote, and speak now or forever hold your peace.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-06 23:46:45

btw i'm a EG major.

You almost had me confused with Sir-Nuts.

I was about to post saying what a lame joke.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 06:11:17

Sir i got a case of a submisson which passed judgement here http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 2012 which is stolen here is the orginal http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 8070. Also see his other gameshttp://yougame.newgrounds.com/flash / I think are all stolen. The bastard stole them its digusting im, going to pm Wade Fulp.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 06:44:15

At 8/6/08 11:23 PM, TheThing wrote: Shit, he's on to me!
Actually I meant phantomlassuk, but I don't care to spell that, or even copy/paste it.

That settles it, he has to go. I never cared for the thought of 2 Phantom's in one club.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 07:56:32

At 8/7/08 06:44 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 8/6/08 11:23 PM, TheThing wrote: Shit, he's on to me!
That settles it, he has to go. I never cared for the thought of 2 Phantom's in one club.

What do you mean i dont understand why do ,i have to go what did i do wrong please tell me .

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 09:07:15

At 8/7/08 07:56 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: What do you mean i dont understand why do ,i have to go what did i do wrong please tell me .

He was only joking, don't worry ;P

BTW, Phantom, I tried making a devil whistle for you in Photoshop yesterday, but the glow effect messed up and it turned out crap. I might give it another shot at some point, just for you.

This is the extent of my boredom these days.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 09:18:53

At 8/7/08 09:07 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/7/08 07:56 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: What do you mean i dont understand why do ,i have to go what did i do wrong please tell me .
He was only joking, don't worry ;P

BTW, Phantom, I tried making a devil whistle for you in Photoshop yesterday, but the glow effect messed up and it turned out crap. I might give it another shot at some point, just for you.

This is the extent of my boredom these days.

Thanks im so sorry for making a fuss, i sent him a pm. Im just a very senstive preson who gets upet, easily. i feel really stupid now i wish, i could change my username though.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 09:53:30

The reason I wanted my named changed for awhile was because people would mistake Corky52 and Corky-D all of the time. Especially when we got in one of the same clubs and someone replied to his post and called him Corey. Of course I'm Corey and it was just a big mess for awhile. I guess I got use to it though and seeing anything other then Corky52 would just be weird.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 10:56:17

Dolt.

At 8/7/08 09:07 AM, NEVR wrote: He was only joking, don't worry ;P

Correct, you win a prize! Absolutely nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 11:48:50

At 8/7/08 10:56 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 8/7/08 09:07 AM, NEVR wrote: He was only joking, don't worry ;P
Correct, you win a prize! Absolutely nothing.

Cocknobs, I was at least hoping for a weekend break for two in the Maldives. ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 13:04:53

At 8/7/08 11:48 AM, NEVR wrote: Cocknobs, I was at least hoping for a weekend break for two in the Maldives. ;_;

Hook me up with a British chick, and you can have my right lung.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 13:39:42

At 8/7/08 01:04 PM, Phantom wrote: Hook me up with a British chick, and you can have my right lung.

British chicks, huh? I've had my share of bad experiences with them. I'm thinking of moving onto American girls, because apparently they like the English accent. God knows why.

If your right lung is in good condition though... might be a good deal for me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-08-07 13:46:33

At 8/7/08 01:43 PM, 61 wrote: I have gotten Scout but am going to become Portal Security in like 5 seconds. So can I join. I have so many B/P points in the little time i've been on NG. Reporting!

Sorry, but we don't accept Security Guards -- only rank of Private or higher. Try the NGPD.

BBS Signature