00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,043,158 Views | 61,077 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 08:44:06

At 4/21/08 12:22 AM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 4/20/08 09:29 PM, NEVR wrote: *Sigh*, I can't believe that. Missed out on yet another blam.
Maybe if you voted on it while it was under judgement it would have been Blammed, I think it passed with a score of 1.63 or something. Damn, it was a close one!

I did, that's what I was saying, because I 0'd it, but it still passed. Still, like you say, it was a very slim pass, so maybe future crap like that won't be so lucky.

I stated my opinion here, and he got quite mad with it. I wanted him to give us an explanation, but it was a lame excuse for a "legit collab" that he made with the original submitter, so he didn't remove him from his buddy list. But I still don't believe him.

I read through a bit of that, but frankly, he's the type of guy to come up with the crappy excuses. Remember when he applied to the EGB, and all the skeletons in his closet were brought to light? He blamed most of that on his 'friends', and said it wasn't him.

Also, I remember one time when he was banned from the BBS, and asked another user to let the guys in the Level up! Lounge know (this was when he made the occasional list). He blamed the ban on a friend messing around on his account. Yeah, right.

In short, I don't trust the kid. I'll believe it when I see it.

Hurr hurr, the 1,500 point gaps aren't so bad. Not compared to THE 2,000 GAPS!
But the 2,000 point gaps are nothing compared with THE FREAKING 4,500 GAP!

Ugh... let's not talk about that... :P

Also, NEVR, this interests you. Congratulations, Wi/Ht member! =)

Yeah, I saw your comment on my UP too, thanks. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 09:04:48

At 4/20/08 08:17 PM, FBIpolux wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 5948

I don't see why doesn't that yoshi dude just remove everyone from his Portal Buddy list...

I'm working on a collab with Yoshi...

Do you think it will be blammed no matter what if Yoshi's in it? He is the collab started to begin with actually...

Collab Link: The 3 Second Collab!

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 09:19:18

warhammer reporting for duty sir! when can i begin training sir!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 09:27:29

At 4/21/08 09:19 AM, kevindarkhammer wrote: warhammer reporting for duty sir! when can i begin training sir!

Sorry Civilian, but the entry requirements for the Elite Guard Barracks are 2,500 B/P points, which is the rank of Private.

When you gain 400 B/P (Rank of Security Guard), you can apply for the Newgrounds Police Department (NGPD), after which, if you are accepted, you can join the EGB as a Guardsman until you acquire the necessary amount of points.

Good luck!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 17:40:29

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6088 Its say you neeed to sign up before playing is this ok as, i not to sure about this.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 18:25:40

Can i join even though im a civillian?

Whatever floats your boat.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 18:44:41

At 4/21/08 06:25 PM, TheHominid wrote: Can i join even though im a civillian?

Read my previous post, 2 posts above yours, and there's your answer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 19:31:45

Greetings sirs! Whoa this weekend was quite busy in the portal, on sat. i almost gained 100 points! Well that's about it there was something I wanted to say.......but I guess I'll remember later. Don't worry, I'll be back...

The New NGPD / Join the EGB

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 21:32:54

Member of the EGB...

I just want to recommended you to see
one of the most awesome movie ever on Ng...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 0990

I was submitted like a month ago...
& I really don't know why I never saw it

but... is really a masterpiece
check st1k news about the movie

that's were I found it

btw... is the first place on the top 50
=P

yes... aldlv, dropping by... & saying something really out of topic... XD

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 22:14:51

At 4/21/08 09:55 PM, FBIpolux wrote: What is wrong with people?

I'm seriously getting tired of those submissions. At least I believe all those spam Flash "Movies" will get deleted one day. I wonder if we will get the Blam points for having voted 0 while they were under judgment ;)

Probably not... but knowing they will eventually get deleted, along with their maker is always a nice thing to think of.

Yeah I saw that it passed with a 1.91, it made me pretty mad, but oh well I just hope that Wade will delete them and I will get all those blam points. At least they are not passing with a score over 2 now, maybe we are heading in the right direction...

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-21 22:47:49

At 4/21/08 10:14 PM, Joshiwa wrote: Yeah I saw that it passed with a 1.91, it made me pretty mad, but oh well I just hope that Wade will delete them and I will get all those blam points. At least they are not passing with a score over 2 now, maybe we are heading in the right direction...

A few Flashes will always get under the Portal's radar, no matter when or who submits it. Once people realize they should rate a Flash solely on how they enjoyed it, we won't be seeing nearly as much crap passing as does now. It has gotten better though, and I have hope that it will continue to improve even further.

I spoke to AfroUnderscoreStud the day that Wade made his post about the Flash Portal, and Afro told me that he will no longer be continuing his Flash career on Newgrounds; at least not for a while. I like Afro, but I don't like how he uses the Portal; Newgrounds is a place for Flash authors to submit, meet others, and learn, but abusing the Portal is a horrible way to treat Newgrounds.

So, how has everyone been?

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 01:03:30

Hey guys. What's up? Anything new in the EGB, now deprived of any real reason for the E & G.

I know I haven't been active in a long time, and sadly I don't plan to be. Life has moved on, I've become more of a normal person. Society can tolerate my despising it thanks to my skills amongst it. So I have work, I have a woman, I have somewhat of an excuse for life.

(For those who may be too new here, hey, I'm the inactive 2IC, 2nd In Command. I like to think that at some point I did a lot for this club to stay alive, and now it grew up into its adult years and doesn't need me anymore).

I'd also like to mention, that if you haven't already, picking a new 2IC would be alright since I don't see myself coming back too much, but an honorary "former 2IC" title, would be nice.

(Happy 900th page coming too, enjoy. I'm on vacation, you might see a bit of me this week).

And so you don't miss this post...
"Phantom's back..." & Cancer is ok, right? :P (Lebastic's work.)

The Elite Guard Barracks

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 06:55:47

At 4/22/08 01:03 AM, Phantom wrote:
I know I haven't been active in a long time, and sadly I don't plan to be. Life has moved on, I've become more of a normal person. Society can tolerate my despising it thanks to my skills amongst it. So I have work, I have a woman, I have somewhat of an excuse for life.

Wow, what did you do with the real Phantom? Really good to hear things have turned around for you, seems like life is finally treating you well.

Hey guys. What's up? Anything new in the EGB, now deprived of any real reason for the E & G.

Nothing too special going on, the site as a whole is having a major attack on spam at the moment, especially against those stupid Adolf Hitler flashes, but I'm not around much of the rest of the time.

(For those who may be too new here, hey, I'm the inactive 2IC, 2nd In Command. I like to think that at some point I did a lot for this club to stay alive, and now it grew up into its adult years and doesn't need me anymore).

You certainly did do a lot for this club, but I'm beginning to feel the same way- it almost runs itself now!

I'd also like to mention, that if you haven't already, picking a new 2IC would be alright since I don't see myself coming back too much, but an honorary "former 2IC" title, would be nice.

Its a shame you won't be around too much, but then I can hardly talk. We all move on in life after all. As for a new 2IC, I'd like to put an early nomination in for Slash after all his hard work on the other site etc.

(Happy 900th page coming too, enjoy. I'm on vacation, you might see a bit of me this week).

*salutes*

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 07:19:38

At 4/22/08 06:55 AM, Sentio wrote:
At 4/22/08 01:03 AM, Phantom wrote: I'd also like to mention, that if you haven't already, picking a new 2IC would be alright since I don't see myself coming back too much, but an honorary "former 2IC" title, would be nice.
Its a shame you won't be around too much, but then I can hardly talk. We all move on in life after all. As for a new 2IC, I'd like to put an early nomination in for Slash after all his hard work on the other site etc.

I'd have to second that nomination, if indeed we do change out 2IC Officer. I imagine that the decision on that would be down to EagleRock, being that the 2IC is junior only to him.

Still, Slash has done a great job around these parts, and as the most active senior officer is really the only true choice if anybody were to step into Phantom's old role. Even though I don't really know Phantom, due to the fact that he's been reasonably inactive since I joined, it's always a shame to see one of the big players departing, or "departing" (the latter implies that they will still drop by occasionally, but relinquish roles & responsibilities, etc.).

:::Salutes:::

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 18:30:50

Bit quiet here today i noticed that Pepsiclock spammed one submissons which got blammed http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6225
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6228 and this by Caramelappleclock

Im sure glad these did not pass judgement although before Wade Fulp thread, i bet these would have passed!. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/43 6234 hre another shitty one.

I know these are not many compared to the camel ones, but i hate when they abuse the portal calling themselves clocks.

I only need another 64/b/p to get to next rank!

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 18:47:11

At 4/22/08 06:30 PM, phantomlassuk wrote:

before Wade Fulp thread, i bet these would have passed!.

I'm sorry if I sound uninformed, but everyone here who talks about "the war on spam" I like to call it, mentions wade's thread, I don't know where to find this or what it says. Can someone point me in the general direction? Thanks

*salutes*

P.S. I'm almost at private!!!!

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 19:16:12

I'm sorry if I sound uninformed, but everyone here who talks about "the war on spam" I like to call it, mentions wade's thread, I don't know where to find this or what it says. Can someone point me in the general direction? Thanks

I would be really glad to help here is the link http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8938 12 and go to the last page. Well done on your rank so your almost ready to join EGB

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 19:21:19

At 4/22/08 07:16 PM, phantomlassuk wrote:

I would be really glad to help here is the link http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8938 12 and go to the last page. Well done on your rank so your almost ready to join EGB

Ok i got it thanks! So it's basically a place where people post links to what they think are spam submissions, so wade can easily find them and if he thinks they are spam he can remove them. Right? Oh yeah thanks again on the ranks comment if only the portal was a little bit busier......

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 19:29:49

At 4/22/08 07:21 PM, DBlach wrote: Ok i got it thanks! So it's basically a place where people post links to what they think are spam submissions, so wade can easily find them and if he thinks they are spam he can remove them. Right?

Not even so much that. It's more for the users on General to decide what's spam, and if they think it deserves to leave the Portal and go to the Obituaries... BLAM!

Oh yeah thanks again on the ranks comment if only the portal was a little bit busier......

It's plenty busy for me... But I think there's a rule, and it would be helpful if someone were to correct me if I'm wrong, that full members of the EGB shouldn't have Garbage whistles, so even if you do pass up to Private tomorrow (what with Star Day and all) and get honorably discharged from the NGPD, you'd have to remain at Guardsman rank here until you could get that Whistle fixed.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 19:41:56

At 4/22/08 07:29 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 4/22/08 07:21 PM, DBlach wrote:
Not even so much that. It's more for the users on General to decide what's spam, and if they think it deserves to leave the Portal and go to the Obituaries... BLAM!
Oh yeah thanks again on the ranks comment if only the portal was a little bit busier......
It's plenty busy for me... But I think there's a rule, and it would be helpful if someone were to correct me if I'm wrong, that full members of the EGB shouldn't have Garbage whistles, so even if you do pass up to Private tomorrow (what with Star Day and all) and get honorably discharged from the NGPD, you'd have to remain at Guardsman rank here until you could get that Whistle fixed.

Yeah Yeah technicalities, I know but what happened I thought you were helpin me out? Anyways what is the general voting trend like on star day? Mostly passed, mostly blammed?

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 19:58:27

At 4/22/08 07:41 PM, DBlach wrote: Yeah Yeah technicalities, I know but what happened I thought you were helpin me out?

Don't worry, I'm still helping. I wouldn't turn my back on a fellow Officer of NG Law even for a free Supreme Commander on my main and all my alts.

Anyways what is the general voting trend like on star day? Mostly passed, mostly blammed?

Lots of passing movies. Some will be good: the final parts of the final Dailytoon are coming out tomorrow, the last movies of the actual Star Syndicate as a group (don't worry, rtil and Zekey and f0d will probably still make more movies). But some will be bad: we are dealing with the Star Syndicate here, and they might, in their last day as a Flash crew, revert to submitting some spam movies. But most of it will pass, and for once even I am unlikely to be mad at the savewhores about it. I owe more to the Star Syndicate than you might think: I only started getting interested in B/P on Daily Day, so without the SS i would have few or no Blams or Protects.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 20:06:58

At 4/22/08 07:58 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 4/22/08 07:41 PM, DBlach wrote: Yeah Yeah technicalities, I know but what happened I thought you were helpin me out?
Don't worry, I'm still helping. I wouldn't turn my back on a fellow Officer of NG Law even for a free Supreme Commander on my main and all my alts.

Alright good to know! That's vert admirable plus i've become much more familiar with the FAQ and have flagged a couple things myself. Now I've noticed that apperently malachy and some other review mods got tired of everyone complaining (and yes I saw the conversation/argument NEVR had with him) and have started to post links to abusive reviews. And if they post 'em then they should definetly be abusive; or they are just really evil and know that most people will just "blind flag" everything they post, so they would make them not abusive just to lower whistles. But I don't think that they are that mean. *shrugs*

Anyways what is the general voting trend like on star day? Mostly passed, mostly blammed?
Lots of passing movies. Some will be good: the final parts of the final Dailytoon are coming out tomorrow, the last movies of the actual Star Syndicate as a group (don't worry, rtil and Zekey and f0d will probably still make more movies). But some will be bad: we are dealing with the Star Syndicate here, and they might, in their last day as a Flash crew, revert to submitting some spam movies. But most of it will pass, and for once even I am unlikely to be mad at the savewhores about it. I owe more to the Star Syndicate than you might think: I only started getting interested in B/P on Daily Day, so without the SS i would have few or no Blams or Protects.

Alright thats cool i guess i can prepare for a decent amount of activity on the portal, too bad i'm at school most of the day. But why is it their last day as a group?

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 20:40:33

At 4/22/08 08:06 PM, DBlach wrote: Alright thats cool i guess i can prepare for a decent amount of activity on the portal, too bad i'm at school most of the day. But why is it their last day as a group?

The Portal has changed, I guess. Many of the SS are sick of being seen as spammers, and the Star Syndicate name is just holding them back from getting the 4.23 or better scores many of them deserve on some of their movies. For those few who still want to spam, they no longer need the strength of the group behind them to pass their movies courtesy of the Savewhores that came to Newgrounds after the Redesign. The Star Syndicate name is such a liability to many of them that they'd rather just end their Flash-making as a crew and go solo, though they keep an Invisionfree forum and a few front sites. At least, that's what I've heard. But who knows, maybe someday they'll have a reunion.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 20:44:17

At 4/22/08 01:03 AM, Phantom wrote: Hey guys. What's up? Anything new in the EGB, now deprived of any real reason for the E & G.

Hello, sir!

You should stay as "former 2IC", because you've done a lot in this club. You welcomed me when I wanted to join (as a Private First Class, ahhh...) and I've seen your activities in the past when we started our activities. You're a great part of this club, Phantom!

You mean this one? =)

But I'll wait, I don't want to have the first post on page 900. It's too good for me. =P

Great picture. Lebastic has some talent.

So... where are the rosters?

*Salutes*

Still waiting for someone to post on page 900...

I've waited for more than 20 minutes to post. I guess I'll have to do the honours...

Happy 900 pages, Elite Guard Barracks!

Oh wait, SoulMaster just did it!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 20:47:40

Hooray for 900 pages! Damn, we've come a long way since 2005, huh?

*goes into drunken nostalgic rant about how I joined as a PFC on page 13*

When we hit 1000 pages, we must hold a giant sexy party.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-22 21:17:10

At 4/22/08 08:47 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Hooray for 900 pages! Damn, we've come a long way since 2005, huh?

it looks like... 900...
is an awesome number

*goes into drunken nostalgic rant about how I joined as a PFC on page 13*

page 13?
*open page 13*
*look at the hole page*
hahaha... nice ^_^
I found you...

now... I'm curious about something

*look at my own posts*
I enter as a PFC too, but on page 816, XD
and you was the one that accepted me sir... =D

When we hit 1000 pages, we must hold a giant sexy party.

sounds pretty nice...
haha...
well, at least a Flash to celebrate it would be cool

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-23 00:00:32

At 4/22/08 11:45 PM, wearealldone wrote: Can I join?

Hello there! I'm the Barracks Recruitment Officer, Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm. While I'm glad to see your interest in the Elite Guard Barracks, I must regretfully inform you that you do not meet the admissions requirements.

To be considered for the Elite Guard Barracks, you must be of Private rank or higher (2500+ B/P), and have an intact whistle (Normal or higher).

Anyone over the rank of Security Guard (400+ B/P) can apply to the Newgrounds Police Headquarters, where they can work on their B/P'ing, whistling, and other skills until they reach Private.

If you have any questions about Newgrounds, the NGPD/EGB, or anything, feel free to PM me.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-23 00:22:52

And so it begins. The last star day ever to hit NG is here, I'm ready for it and embrace it with full force!
Haha did that sound dramatic or what? Any ways here we go I bet this one is gonna be a roller coaster. I hope that there'll be some good submissions. Oh well we'll see.

To Blam and Protect!

Sig by MuffDiver102

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-23 03:10:21

At 4/23/08 12:00 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Hello there!

I still can hardly believe you've made pre-made acceptance and rejection posts for this place, which is awesome.

I also second your nomination.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-04-23 10:23:55

READ:

Stero has informed me that he's no longer going to be doing the rosters due to a waning interest and more limited computer access nowadays. This is all completely understandable, and a point that everyone eventually reaches when being in charge of such a project. He's done a fantastic job of the rosters during his tenure as Records Officer, so we all have a lot to thank him for.

I will be continuing to make the roster updates, but require someone who is willing to spend somewhere in the region of 30 minutes to an hour every other Tuesday to work alongside me on the roster updates. I recommend that this user has a computer that uses a Windows OS, due to the incompatibility of the Excel program with a Mac OS.

Anybody who is interested should send me a PM - make sure you will be available to do this for a while, as I don't want to have to find another person in a few weeks time. In fact, say how long you imagine you would be able to do this for in your PM.

Stero will be dropping by sometime this week to formally tender his resignation.

:::Salutes:::

BBS Signature