00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,990,125 Views | 60,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 04:24:05

Thanks i got some older crappy rushed reviews, but i dont review like that anymore. Im mostly on the wi/ht forums on rage thread.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 06:28:09

At 2/5/08 12:57 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 2/4/08 05:43 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 2/3/08 01:24 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
It's easy to pick a team that's 18-0
Not only is it easy, it's smart.
Apparently it wasn't.
I never said that "Bad quoter"

My bad. I hadn't realized that I deleted Viper's name, although the number of lines should indicate that you didn't say that.

Also, where's the roster update? Or does it come every 2 weeks now?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 06:28:30

At 2/4/08 05:43 PM, TheThing wrote:
At 2/3/08 12:08 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 2/3/08 03:18 AM, TheThing wrote:
At 2/3/08 02:14 AM, RSQViper wrote:
Nice fall-back you got there. Can't just man-up, but you have to say they are meant to lose and MIGHT win.
I'm MANNING up (lolpun). But really, what I was saying that I'm happy they beat all odds to make it to the Super Bowl, and since they're 12 point underdogs, they should have lost. But they pulled off one of the greatest upsets in NFL history, if not sports.

That was not the greastest upset in all of the NFL, just so you know. Not even the greatest upset in the SB. They were 12 point underdogs, not 20. The Pats were 14 point underdogs when they beat the Rams and that probably wasn't even the greatest upset in the SB.

Now Eli's better, and so is the team.
But the Pats are better at adjusting and I don't forsee Eli, as good as he has BEEN, having a great game today. Not going ot happen.
Apparently, 2 weeks wasn't enough to adjust. And although Eli didn't have a spectacular game, he did do pretty damn good with 250 yards, 58% completion, 2 TDs when they counted, and 1/2 INT (Steve Smith should have had that ball).

Yeah, he should have had it. That was definitely one of those balls you can't blame on th eQB.

But then again, Samuel should have had that ball on the final drive and Merriwether, too.

Who would have the right to trademark the term 19-0? And since when can you trademark a record? And what happened to your "Giants are overconfident because they planned a parade in advance" argument?

It happens all the time. Just like when the rush on the year 2000 went on back in the mid to late 90's. But you're probably too young to remember that.

So, to explain success the Giant's star who said this decided he should throw his other teammates (on ex) under the bus? Wow. The Giants really don't have any tact and know when to shut their moths do they?
That's not the only reason he's been better; he's had more confidence and he's not trying to be amazing on every play. Eli is trying to not turn the ball over, and not go for the 484160846854 yard pass every time.

But that isn't what he said...

Coughlin needs tighter reins.
And what happened when Coughlin had the reins tight? He got criticized. The past 3 years he was too tight with his players, and now that they win a championship with the fewest penalties in team history, you're saying the reins are too loose.

I didn't realize I criticized him before... Oh, yeah. I didn't.

Apparently it wasn't.

Still smart going with the odds. Pats Line played like ass. The loss falls mostly on them. There were plays they were just getting run by. No moves put on, nothing. That didn't happen all year and they allowed it in the biggest game?

Despite the fact that this was actually an extremely shitty game overall. I mean, come on. 3-0; 7-3; 7-3 for quarters? It was like watching grass grow. If I didn't have interest in the game I definitely would have not paid much attention to it until the 4th quarter.

At 2/4/08 02:30 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
But that show wasn't too great. It was good, but nothing like last year's or the year before's.

Man, I miss when MTV did the halftime show.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 18:57:15

At 2/5/08 06:28 AM, RSQViper wrote:
At 2/4/08 05:43 PM, TheThing wrote: I'm MANNING up (lolpun). But really, what I was saying that I'm happy they beat all odds to make it to the Super Bowl, and since they're 12 point underdogs, they should have lost. But they pulled off one of the greatest upsets in NFL history, if not sports.
That was not the greastest upset in all of the NFL, just so you know. Not even the greatest upset in the SB. They were 12 point underdogs, not 20. The Pats were 14 point underdogs when they beat the Rams and that probably wasn't even the greatest upset in the SB.

I don't really care about the point spread; to go to a Super Bowl with a 4th year quarterback who had been previously known to get skittish, against one of the greatest teams in history that never scored under 20 points this season and set roughly 10 records, and win is a huge upset.

Plus, the team that lost was trying to go 19-0.

But then again, Samuel should have had that ball on the final drive and Merriwether, too.

1 for 1. Although it was ironic that the last INT that Manning threw was to Hobbs, the guy who "picked off" Manning.

Coughlin needs tighter reins.
And what happened when Coughlin had the reins tight? He got criticized. The past 3 years he was too tight with his players, and now that they win a championship with the fewest penalties in team history, you're saying the reins are too loose.
I didn't realize I criticized him before... Oh, yeah. I didn't.

Not you, but reporters, analysts, and even teammates did.

Apparently it wasn't.
Still smart going with the odds. Pats Line played like ass. The loss falls mostly on them. There were plays they were just getting run by. No moves put on, nothing. That didn't happen all year and they allowed it in the biggest game?

I saw a couple of passes Brady threw that he would normally make, end up on the sideline. Plus, even when the Giants weren't in Brady's face, Tom was still getting scared that they might be in any second.

But you could also say that the running game never really developed, and rather than throwing little out routes and letting the receivers run during the final 30 seconds, they went for the huge completion. And the 4th down attempt also hurt them too.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 19:19:24

At 2/5/08 06:57 PM, TheThing wrote:
I don't really care about the point spread; to go to a Super Bowl with a 4th year quarterback who had been previously known to get skittish, against one of the greatest teams in history that never scored under 20 points this season and set roughly 10 records, and win is a huge upset.

Umm... Pats 1st Super Bowl win was with a QB who didn't even start for one whole season and didn't have much experience.

AND they were 14 pt underdogs going against "the greatest show on turf."

THat alone was a greater upset than the one on Sunday

Which has never been done. The Pats had WAY more pressure to win then the Giants did.

1 for 1. Although it was ironic that the last INT that Manning threw was to Hobbs, the guy who "picked off" Manning.

?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 19:56:47

At 2/5/08 07:19 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 2/5/08 06:57 PM, TheThing wrote:
Umm... Pats 1st Super Bowl win was with a QB who didn't even start for one whole season and didn't have much experience.

I'll give you that. But with the amount of criticism and hate shown towards Eli for the last 2 years does make it a little closer.

AND they were 14 pt underdogs going against "the greatest show on turf."

Oh, so your Patriots record points, TD passes, TD catches and 18-0 (prior to the Super Bowl) meant nothing? And one of the most offensively talented teams with one of the most prolific quarterbacks in history and easily 4, maybe 5 great ball catchers sucked?

It must have been a walk in the park for the originally 14 point underdog Giants to beat the Patriots.

Which has never been done. The Pats had WAY more pressure to win then the Giants did.

What about the previous 18 games? Actually, I'll say the previous 8 games, since they didn't really feel pressured for the first 10. And what about the previous team to go undefeated, the '72 Dolphins; they weren't feeling any pressure when they reached the Super Bowl?

As kickers say: "the only pressure on you, is the pressure that you put on yourself".

?

Ellis Hobbs picked off Manning in week 17. Eli hadn't thrown an interception since then. But it was Hobbs who picked off Eli in the Super Bowl. I put "picked off" is quotes because it shouldn't really count against Eli.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 22:16:00

Discussion period is complete on potential recruit Pinoyguy75. The discussion thread has been deleted from the forums in accordance with the new recruitment policy.

Pinoyguy75, welcome to the Barracks.

I'm going to go ahead and close the case on phantomlassuk, as well, since the 24 hour period ends in just a few hours and the response has been positive for her, as well.

phantomlassuk, welcome to the Barracks.

Two new promising members in one day makes Slash a happy Recruitment Officer. :-D

Both of you should go ahead and sign up at our forums. I'll validate you and give you full access.

Remember to keep spreading the word, everyone! Contact prospective users and guide them to the NGPD or EGB!

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-05 23:57:30

At 2/5/08 10:16 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Pinoyguy75, welcome to the Barracks.

Welcome to the barracks!

And welcome to the Barracks to you too!

Two new promising members in one day makes Slash a happy Recruitment Officer. :-D

I'm loving the new recruitment process, it's much smoother and more professional now. Good job Slash :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 08:09:50

I know i said I'd be active but this week my teacher has really been pounding on my class with homework on tests.

I hate this time of the year.

So, hows everybody?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 08:19:08

Welcome to the Barracks, Newbie. I'm calling you Newbie because it establishes my dominance; I'm also a sucker for Scrubs.

Welcome to the Barracks, Newbie.

I have other ways to make you happy, Slash. :3

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 16:31:57

well... I won't call you newbie... but... maybe, I will call you soldier... XD
so...
Welcome soldier...

and welcome to you too... I'm glad Slash accept you... =D
*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 18:40:14

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 19:31:28

At 2/6/08 06:40 PM, RSQViper wrote: STOLEN ALERT!

STOLEN

ORIGINAL COMES FROM HERE

Flawless victory

Next time be sure to post it in the NGPD, too, heh.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 19:59:20

At 2/6/08 08:09 AM, DarkSoldier wrote: I know i said I'd be active but this week my teacher has really been pounding on my class with homework on tests.

Well, pound her back. lol

So, hows everybody?

Meh, I was doing pretty well until now, when I have to write a new ending for the Good Earth, and found out I'm not going to have any free time.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 21:33:06

This is very random, but who here remembers when the Barracks had the epic Wiimote war? Also, to comply with rules I do believe the Portal has been rather sluggish lately.

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 21:42:14

At 2/6/08 08:19 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote:
Welcome to the Barracks, Newbie. I'm calling you Newbie because it establishes my dominance; I'm also a sucker for Scrubs.

LMAO. I like that quote.

Oh, and welcome!

Welcome!

I have other ways to make you happy, Slash. :3

AGH!!! Save for PM!! Save for PM!!!! X_X

At 2/6/08 07:31 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Flawless victory

Next time be sure to post it in the NGPD, too, heh.

Yeah, I went Rage's, NGDD, and here. Didn't want to go nuts with 4 posts on the subject (aka overkill)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 21:44:07

STOLEN ALERT

Stolen

Original

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 21:47:45

At 2/6/08 09:44 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: STOLEN ALERT

Stolen

Original

Flagged it! It's close to making it thru, too. =(

In fact, that alert I posted earlier when I did a search on the movie THAT SITE had a link to it as well from an Yahoo! search, but I couldn't locate it at the site although I'm sure it was there somewhere.

I smell an alt.

A thieving alt.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 21:50:04

At 2/6/08 09:47 PM, RSQViper wrote: Flagged it! It's close to making it thru, too. =(

It got nailed, but yeah, it was a close one. I had to search that site like mad to find the original, because, while I KNEW it was there, I couldn't find the motherfucker because the site has shit navigation.

In fact, that alert I posted earlier when I did a search on the movie THAT SITE had a link to it as well from an Yahoo! search, but I couldn't locate it at the site although I'm sure it was there somewhere.:
I smell an alt.
A thieving alt.

Possible. I've seen lots of stolen flashes in the past, and if they steal something that isn't well-known (that Pokemon flash isn't THAT popular, lol), they can sometimes get away with it.

We must be vigilant.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 21:50:26

Oh, and for the record, that Flash was fucking disgusting.

Though it was flagged in time. =)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 21:57:38

Fuzzboy2, requesting entrance to elite guards barracks, sir yes sir!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 22:02:54

At 2/6/08 09:50 PM, RSQViper wrote: Oh, and for the record, that Flash was fucking disgusting.

Really? It kinda turned me o---oh, there's a new recruit! *runs*

At 2/6/08 09:57 PM, Fuzzboy2 wrote: Fuzzboy2, requesting entrance to elite guards barracks, sir yes sir!

Hello there, civilian. I am sorry to say that you don't meet the entry requirements for the Barracks. To join the EGB, you have to be of Private rank or higher (2500+ B/P).

If you reach Security Guard rank (400 B/P), you can apply to the Newgrounds Police Headquarters.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 22:15:57

At 2/6/08 09:50 PM, RSQViper wrote: Oh, and for the record, that Flash was fucking disgusting.

I only watched until the girl started to lick the boy. Then I quickly exited off.

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-06 23:11:06

After this long absence of 2 days without internet connection, I'm back! I still don't know why I didn't have internet connection, I think there were some problems with the company that provides the connection. Speaking of which, any AOL users around?

Funny thing that in this meantime of 2 days, some interesting things happened. 2 new members in one week, the Giants won the Super Bowl (damn ESPN, they didn't show the game here), the Barracks now have a banner, Carnival ended... Although Carnival here was unusual, since the police started fighting with some of the party groups on the streets. That's very weird, it never happened before.

This is also my last week of vacations. Next Monday the monotonous routine will be back... waking up at 6:00 AM, going to school, napping in the class ( =D ), coming back home, sleep a little more...

I hope this school year is better than last one!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-07 00:25:19

Thanks for the welcome guys! Yeah I like scrubs too, so its cool.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-07 13:22:47

At 2/3/08 12:48 AM, TheThing wrote:
At 2/2/08 11:47 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: How funny, I really like watching hockey games, but I only listen to them through the Internet radio, because ESPN shows about one game a year.
No else likes hockey but you.

That's not true. I'm the biggest fan of the Colorado Avalanche that this site has. No question.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-07 13:26:22

At 2/7/08 01:22 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/3/08 12:48 AM, TheThing wrote:
At 2/2/08 11:47 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: How funny, I really like watching hockey games, but I only listen to them through the Internet radio, because ESPN shows about one game a year.
No else likes hockey but you.
That's not true. I'm the biggest fan of the Colorado Avalanche that this site has. No question.

I'm gonna have to agree with Coop, I'm one of the biggest Devils fans out there. I'm just hardcore for my New Jersey team, I don't care, the Devils are my boys. They're gonna bring back the Stanley Cup this year so that New Jersey can get some recognition. Afterall, we ARE the home for the Giants and the Jets, and it doesn't matter what you New Yorkers think, they're in our state.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-07 13:42:28

So when's this Superbowl match on? Because I can't wait to this club in full action, after the superbowl.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-07 14:27:50

At 2/7/08 01:55 PM, Mendou wrote: I have a question, did some of you guys come to Newgrounds just for the stats? It's one of the reasons i still stick around.

I'm sort of.
I'm a statwhore for the B/P, whistle, level and reveiws. I'm not so much for the posting part of statwhoring but if I get some kind of acheivment while going along with posting then I like to have it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-07 19:24:12

At 2/7/08 01:26 PM, AnalPenguinFarming wrote:
At 2/7/08 01:22 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 2/3/08 12:48 AM, TheThing wrote: No else likes hockey but you.
I'm one of the biggest Devils fans out there.

Although I don't like hockey, I still rout for my Devils too. Got to go with the home state, ya know?

And APF, I didn't know that you lived in New Jersey? You come from up North?

At 2/7/08 01:55 PM, Mendou wrote: I have a question, did some of you guys come to Newgrounds just for the stats? It's one of the reasons i still stick around.

Meh, it's 1 of the reasons, although it's a small one. This may sound gay, but I mainly come here because of my e-friends that I've made over the last 2 years in the various clubs I've been in.