00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sevnox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,978,153 Views | 60,563 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 14:55:43

Update For Yesterday
Blams:1933 +56 (1989)
Saves:348 +23 (370)
Total Blams/Protection points: 2359
Total Blams/Protection points aquired today: 79

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 18:01:33

Seems stolen but I can't be sure, I mean, it was pretty good, but the comments is "none" and the person doesn't have a profile, that usually means something fishy.

can't find anything though :[

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 18:50:01

At 6/28/06 06:01 PM, Mad-Cow wrote: Seems stolen but I can't be sure, I mean, it was pretty good, but the comments is "none" and the person doesn't have a profile, that usually means something fishy.

can't find anything though :[

I can't find any proof that it's been stolen as well but he submitted twice.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 19:01:35

At 6/28/06 06:57 PM, Homework_Rocks wrote: HI CAN I JOIN I BLAM MOVIES EVERYDAY!!!!! I PROTECT PORTAL BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the first requirement for EGB is to be an Elite Guard (1.5k+ b/p points). Until you get there, you can try to get some b/p points and once you are a Security Guard or a Police rank, then you can try to become a part of the NGPD.

Also, I would shy away from using all caps posts more than once in a while as they can be considered spam, something many organizations do not wish to have. Acceptance into the EGB is not solely based on b/p points.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 19:06:10

okay, nvm. seems to be a spam attack, man just as we're getting to 400 posts, happened with the ng mafia, and now with this? great, what is ng coming to?

between the bbs mayhem and the fake load bar movies, ng seems like its going down the drain. we need more people to protect the portal!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 19:06:18

hey guys looking for some fun?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 19:06:37

At 6/28/06 07:02 PM, Homework_Rocks wrote: ok
yes

Spam is not welcome here, you shall learn a lesson of the matter soon, one way or another.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 19:13:58

can i join

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 19:16:05

Spammers: plz stop, it's really not that funny, I know who you are, and I don't really care, but you're annoying everyone else, so just like, stop :\

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 19:33:24

with all the spammers and the mods deleting posts from spammers (thanks a bunch you guys), i wouldn't be shocked if the EGB thread reaches 400 pages and then loses it and gets it again in one day.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 20:24:09

dont even worry about all these people. its just another spam attack because of our 400th successful page, and they think it will make us cry or something if one of them gets the first post on that page. its just childish, so dont even think twice about it. all of these posts will get deleted anyway, so well be there in a little bit longer.

im having a pretty good day at the portal. hope that everyone else is as well. good luck to all members.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 20:25:05

Stop responding to the spammers, guys. Thanks. :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 20:29:05

At 6/28/06 08:25 PM, Maus wrote: Stop responding to the spammers, guys. Thanks. :)

Thank you for cleaning up this mess but I'm sure there not done spamming!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 21:20:47

At 6/28/06 11:29 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 6/28/06 11:22 AM, EagleRock wrote: Did you manage to forget the whole purpose of the Barracks? Maybe, just maybe, if we stay our resolve and do not fall prey to the fruits of mass-voting (the points), we can persuade others to do the same. Eventually, the points will fall in favor of those against mass-voting, and in turn, the general populace will follow.
We shall weather the storm! Let the rallying cry echo across the battlefield of the portal, sir! *salutes*

That's the kind of spirit I want to hear!

At 6/28/06 11:59 AM, Turkeybean wrote: I do believe this will be somthing we can accomplish. More and more people are starting to realize the negative effects of mass voting. It will take time to get to everyone, but I do not think any of us are going anywhere anytime soon. Anything thay we really want we will have to work for, we can do it. The EGB has already proven itself to many members of newgrounds in the fact that we can make changes. As we gain more and more support it will become easier for us to accomplish what we strive for.

That's our long-term plan. Soon enough, the likes of the mass-voters will succeed no more. Just keep your resolve strong just like Coop83 mentioned. The time will come.

At 6/28/06 08:25 PM, Maus wrote: Stop responding to the spammers, guys. Thanks. :)

I concur. What happened to the times where Barracks members would ignore spammers completely? It was much easier to deal with them back then. Now, all they do is know they'll get a rise of you and will keep doing so. When you respond to spammers, you:

1) Make us look bad and make our case to the mods harder
2) Make it hard for me because I'm the one that has to explain your actions to the mods
3) Make it harder for the mods because there will be more spammers that come here

Anyone that responds to a spammer beyond this point will be put under serious consideration for a discharge. I've been nice about this up until now, but this is the last straw.

And thanks to Maus (and the rest of the mods) for your continued support. I know you aren't big fans of us, but I assure you that the problem will be taken care of on our end to the best of my ability. Please feel free to PM me anytime if you have any problems.

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:24:49

At 6/28/06 09:20 PM, EagleRock wrote: Anyone that responds to a spammer beyond this point will be put under serious consideration for a discharge. I've been nice about this up until now, but this is the last straw.

OK I will do my best not to let you and this club down.

And thanks to Maus (and the rest of the mods) for your continued support. I know you aren't big fans of us.

Yes thank you for your help and patients.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:44:42

At 6/28/06 10:24 PM, JoKeR_ADT wrote:
At 6/28/06 09:20 PM, EagleRock wrote: Anyone that responds to a spammer beyond this point will be put under serious consideration for a discharge. I've been nice about this up until now, but this is the last straw.
OK I will do my best not to let you and this club down.

You've never let me down to my recollection, so you don't need to worry. To the rest, please just be courteous to your fellow Barracks members, your officers, and the mods. To those of you who are newer and didn't know the policy, please just be mindful in the future. Thanks.

And thanks to Maus (and the rest of the mods) for your continued support. I know you aren't big fans of us.
Yes thank you for your help and patients.

Seconded.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:45:35

Wow, sorry, Guys, I shoiuld be more active.

I see that we are close to 400 pages, so congradulations. My computer is in the shop at the momnt, I got pissed and ripped off some keys, and it is also getting other shit repaired. Anyways, guys I'll cath up soon!

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:48:28

At 6/28/06 09:20 PM, EagleRock wrote:
Anyone that responds to a spammer beyond this point will be put under serious consideration for a discharge. I've been nice about this up until now, but this is the last straw.

I agree. The last thiing we need is EGB members fueling the spammer's fire. And Big-ups to the mods for deleting all those idiotic posts when will those assclowns realize that everytime they make a spammy post its going to get deleted?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:49:54

At 6/28/06 10:45 PM, Socially-Failed wrote: Wow, sorry, Guys, I shoiuld be more active.

You should. Remember when you said you were going to catch up to me? I've been waiting like forever for you to post again. Now I'm a lot farther, and you need to catch up! :D

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:51:50

Wow, you want the spam to stop in your topic, but you chose to ignite the fire by flagging Arizona 19 :\

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:53:27

At 6/28/06 10:45 PM, Socially-Failed wrote: Wow, sorry, Guys, I shoiuld be more active.

No need to be sorry because your here now.

I see that we are close to 400 pages, so congradulations. My computer is in the shop at the momnt, I got pissed and ripped off some keys, and it is also getting other shit repaired. Anyways, guys I'll cath up soon!

So do you know when your will be fixed? If your not going to be able to get your exp and can't find anyone to get your exp for you I'm willing to help.

Just pm me

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 22:55:47

400 Pages :D

600 more to go :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 23:02:35

At 6/28/06 10:51 PM, Mad-Cow wrote: Wow, you want the spam to stop in your topic, but you chose to ignite the fire by flagging Arizona 19 :\

I'm lost here when did any of us say to flag it? There are other people out there with whistles you know! Here is an example: Slashfirestorm's flashes where getting flagged for no reason. Now I'm not sure if any of the barracks members took part this but I'm sure that people like Eagle, Phantom, and I did not do this. I simply voted zero on it because... well we all know why.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 23:04:38

well, as it stands now this is page 400. big congrats to the barracks and every member for keeping the thread so active, interesting and intelligent. its been great to be here since page 174. hopefully well see more for quite some time.

in b/p news, im having another really good day. only a few more, and ill be at 600 for the week, allowing me to skip tomorrow entirely and still keep my 100 a day average. this should be my best week to date. hopefully everyone else is having a good day. back to the portal for me.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 23:07:50

EOD Report
Blams: 4399
Saves: 2569
Total B/P points: 6968
Total B/P points acquired today: 36
B/P Badge: Elite Guard Master Sergeant (32 until next grade)

Only a few left. I hope I can do it by tomorrow, but I still have comic camp. It's been fun, I've drawn a lot.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 23:11:47

Requesting permission to join the Elite Guard Barracks Staff Sergeant Eagle rock I will follow your duties as a private and hope to soon become as good as you. (some day!)

There once was a dude,

That ran in the nude.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 23:22:34

At 6/28/06 10:49 PM, -MetalDart- wrote: You should. Remember when you said you were going to catch up to me? I've been waiting like forever for you to post again. Now I'm a lot farther, and you need to catch up! :D

Yes, lol, you are right. Soon, you will be inferior to me in Blam/Protect points, and I will rule the world!!! Well, maybe not. Yeah, once I get back my computter in the next few days, it will be a NG Fest for me. Anyways, I heard about the "Ng Office Robbery" and was wondering if anything else, big in NG or the EGB has happened while I was gone.

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 23:46:36

Daily Report for 06/24
Blams: 1676
Saves: 881
Total B/P points: 2557
Total B/P points acquired today: 30
B/P Badge: Elite Guard Corporal (443 until next grade)

I was on NG only for about 15 mins, and got that 30 b/p points, but had some fun submitting a movie of me and a friend dunking :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-28 23:54:05

To all of the Barracks members,

I congratulate all of us on making it to page 400! Sure, we've had hard times, but we always pull through. Through the hard work of all of you, the values that we have grown to hold are ever stronger. If we keep it up, we will soon propogate the values of a better Portal.

I ask you all to keep at it and enjoy yourselves as usual.

I would, however, ask to keep the celebrations to a minimum. I don't need any more lock threats from angered mods. They do enough around here with the spammers that we get, so I don;t need them getting annoying with the members themselves.

To another 400 pages...HOOAH!

At 6/28/06 11:02 PM, JoKeR_ADT wrote: I'm lost here when did any of us say to flag it? There are other people out there with whistles you know! Here is an example: Slashfirestorm's flashes where getting flagged for no reason. Now I'm not sure if any of the barracks members took part this but I'm sure that people like Eagle, Phantom, and I did not do this. I simply voted zero on it because... well we all know why.

I checked as well. Barracks members would not flag it anyway. It goes against Portal rules and the values we hold in general. If anyone is blaming us for the flagging, it wasn't us. We believe in a fair vote, and even though Arizona is just a loading screen, it deserves a fair vote and should not be flagged. It isn't breaking any rules, after all.

At 6/28/06 11:11 PM, West_CoastShadow wrote: Requesting permission to join the Elite Guard Barracks Staff Sergeant Eagle rock I will follow your duties as a private and hope to soon become as good as you. (some day!)

Err...you do realize you made a gross error about my rank, don't you? I was a Staff Sergeant back around when I started the Barracks...I'm a General now.

As far as your rank goes, as a mere Civilian, you do not qualify for the Barracks. Please read the FAQ that my Relations Officer has made here:

http://www.forumcity..t=102&mforum=egb

At 6/28/06 11:16 PM, good_guy_o wrote: Sir, I apologize for posting on the wrong account, sir!

*salute*

Welcome to the Barracks! Just be sure to read the FAQ above.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2006-06-29 00:05:56

Alright, 400 pages. Now to get 500...

Daily Report 6/28:

Start: 21,678 blams. 7,894 saves.
End: 21,773 blams. 7,927 saves.
Overall: 95 blams. 33 saves. (Total: 128)

300 until EGSC. Lawl, exactly 300.
Just a reminder, I was probably going to work with my dad tomorrow evening, so if I'm not too active tomorrow, no need to worry. ;)

Salute.

At 6/28/06 11:54 PM, EagleRock wrote: I ask you all to keep at it and enjoy yourselves as usual.

I always am.

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature