00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vinilad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,997,949 Views | 60,707 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-14 12:05:51

Flash game from a bunch of places easily found, and a build of a Nintendo Switch game. Some gameplay can be seen here.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-14 12:36:47 (edited 2018-05-14 12:37:08)

At 5/14/18 12:05 PM, Peregrinus wrote: build of a Nintendo Switch game

*adjusts glasses*

Um, ackshually, Strikers 1945 is a 90's Psikyo arcade game, the switcheroo version is a port. It's notable for the fact your character inexplicably strips at the end if you beat it without losing a life. RACY, huh?

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-14 12:57:27

At 5/14/18 12:36 PM, Jackho wrote: *adjusts glasses*

Um, ackshually...

That went perfectly with the emoji. I’d looked it up and saw switch gameplay. Not surprising that it’s an older game

RACY, huh?

*nervous sweating*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-14 13:02:42

At 5/14/18 12:36 PM, Jackho wrote: *adjusts glasses*

Um, ackshually, your character strips at the end if you beat it without losing a life.

Still stolen, tho. :'(

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-15 11:45:35

Flappy Bird.

Caught 'em stealing audio earlier.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-16 09:31:54

This is gameplay with nothing original. What would be the correct flagging option?

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-16 12:11:29

This uses that creepy Sonic Easter egg with a VHS effect overlaid on top.

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-16 21:13:19

Theft I guess. This animation makes me a special kind of uncomfortable so I knew I'd seen it before.

Original: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/700590

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-16 21:25:18

At 5/16/18 09:13 PM, Jackho wrote: Theft I guess. This animation makes me a special kind of uncomfortable so I knew I'd seen it before.

Good find.

Another one stolen from G55.co, same user who does it every time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-17 10:52:50

judging by his other game in the portal as of now, this game seems too well coded to he his.

Anyone know where he ripped this? I'm 90% sure it's stolen but I'm not going to flag it until I can find from where.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-17 17:11:46 (edited 2018-05-17 17:15:04)

At 5/17/18 10:52 AM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: judging by his other game in the portal as of now, this game seems too well coded to he his.

Anyone know where he ripped this? I'm 90% sure it's stolen but I'm not going to flag it until I can find from where.

LineRider is an existing flash game, but this isn't a direct rip. It's not "original" in concept but seems to be original in practical application.

The guy is back to re-re-re-repost the scenes they recorded from Mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-19 12:04:44 (edited 2018-05-19 12:10:18)

Music flag: uses Imagine Dragons - Thunder.

Appears to be a 53 minute rip of Diary of a Wimpy kid or somesuch. That user's audio is also flaggable for stolen and improper rights)

Hope everyone is having a good long weekend! It's been so quiet in here, is everyone in finals/essay season or something?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-19 18:54:33

Triple posting like a champ. At least I'm out of the edit window.

Yet another capture of Mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-19 19:23:33

At 5/19/18 06:54 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Triple posting like a champ. At least I'm out of the edit window.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/711424
Yet another capture of Mirror.

hmmm

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-20 18:13:30

Wow this is actually still going?

Awesome.

However it deeply saddens me we have to flag GOOD content just cause of music

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-20 18:18:19

At 5/20/18 06:13 PM, StatKing wrote: However it deeply saddens me we have to flag GOOD content just cause of music

The original Pico's School had to get new audio. Some studios are more aggressive than others, it sucks but that's the way it is.

From Nick Jr

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-21 16:32:40

At 5/21/18 09:26 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Although I'm sad to see that the forums are *still* not formatted to mobile devices.

Big Tommy did say forums are up next in the redesign.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-21 19:23:09

At 5/21/18 04:32 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 5/21/18 09:26 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Although I'm sad to see that the forums are *still* not formatted to mobile devices.
Big Tommy did say forums are up next in the redesign.

I find the disconnect between different parts of the website the oddest, the portal and the forums have the old layout at the top, while others have the new, and that gets confusing!

Also hi, hope you don't mind me stopping by!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-21 19:56:08

At 5/21/18 07:23 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I find the disconnect between different parts of the website the oddest, the portal and the forums have the old layout at the top, while others have the new, and that gets confusing!

I don't like the new. The old made sense and was easy to navigate, but this new one has a lot of extra clicking, and yes, it is confusing. I like the old style pages and try to avoid the newer ones. I'm sure there was some test-page available somewhere before it was implemented, but I missed it, so too late now. I hope the new style doesn't show up on the pages that still are familiar and enjoyable. :'(

Bout time you did! :)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-21 20:10:59

At 5/21/18 07:56 PM, Exedor wrote: I don't like the new. The old made sense and was easy to navigate, but this new one has a lot of extra clicking, and yes, it is confusing. I like the old style pages and try to avoid the newer ones. I'm sure there was some test-page available somewhere before it was implemented, but I missed it, so too late now. I hope the new style doesn't show up on the pages that still are familiar and enjoyable. :'(

I don't mind the new look, profiles are defiantly nicer, it's just the disconnect between the new and the old that is bothering me. Of course, I much prefer the design from when I first joined, with profiles popping up in a small window, and a lot of the old images. Those were nice.

Bout time you did! :)

I know right, though I don't know how long it'll last! I made some awful flash towards the end of last year, and attempted to revive my long dead crew, but that died quicker that a chicken at Christmas.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-21 20:45:46

At 5/21/18 07:23 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I find the disconnect between different parts of the website the oddest, the portal and the forums have the old layout at the top, while others have the new, and that gets confusing!

I think it's just a lot less of a headache for the admins to roll it out a bit at a time, get feedback and get each bit working separately. Rather than dumping the entire redesign at once which would take far longer, limit feedback and be be a massive nightmare with bug-fixing once it's out.

At 5/21/18 07:56 PM, Exedor wrote: I don't like the new. The old made sense and was easy to navigate, but this new one has a lot of extra clicking, and yes, it is confusing. I like the old style pages and try to avoid the newer ones.

Which ones are hard to navigate? I've more negative opinions than positive on the new pages but it's purely for visual choices, I haven't found them hard to navigate. Although having the community page rather than a BBS link right in the navbar is a little annoying I guess.

I'm sure there was some test-page available somewhere before it was implemented, but I missed it, so too late now. I hope the new style doesn't show up on the pages that still are familiar and enjoyable. :'(

If you're a supporter the new userpages were functional I think almost a year in advance if you went to (for example) https://exedor.newgrounds.com/design

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-21 20:51:21 (edited 2018-05-21 21:02:14)

Mirror upload is back. Expect the second shortly...

Edit: here it is!

At 5/21/18 07:23 PM, Little-Rena wrote:

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-22 10:43:29

At 5/21/18 08:45 PM, Jackho wrote: I think it's just a lot less of a headache for the admins to roll it out a bit at a time, get feedback and get each bit working separately. Rather than dumping the entire redesign at once which would take far longer, limit feedback and be be a massive nightmare with bug-fixing once it's out.

That is very true, alternatively, they could do it in a similar way to Reddit and some other sites, and have a Beta version of the layout, and gather feedback that way.

At 5/21/18 08:51 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Hi there!

Hi! I like your D.Va related picture you have there!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-22 11:59:21

At 5/22/18 10:43 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Hi! I like your D.Va related picture you have there!

Thanks! I still haven’t figured out if I want a new picture to work with the new layout. In the interim, snarky D.Va is how it’ll be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-22 12:14:15

At 5/22/18 11:59 AM, Peregrinus wrote: Thanks! I still haven’t figured out if I want a new picture to work with the new layout. In the interim, snarky D.Va is how it’ll be.

I mean, you could find something else D.Va related that'll work with the new layout, maybe the full logo or a picture of her, plenty of those around!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-22 17:14:51

At 5/22/18 12:14 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I mean, you could find something else D.Va related that'll work with the new layout, maybe the full logo or a picture of her, plenty of those around!

Found a nice one on dA. It isn't the best in the forums but lines up nicely with the synthwave purple theme I have going on in my profile.

maybe now I won't lose all my comp placements. Blergh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-22 17:19:35

At 5/22/18 05:14 PM, Peregrinus wrote: Found a nice one on dA. It isn't the best in the forums but lines up nicely with the synthwave purple theme I have going on in my profile.

Love it! I have saved that for my own collection, the transparent background means it can be put to some matching colours for a desktop wallpaper. Which is always good, always need more wallpapers!

maybe now I won't lose all my comp placements. Blergh.

I can send you a link to a Discord server I use sometimes for comp matches, they are a decent bunch, and good players. It's usually better to team up in comp, rather than solo queue I find!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-24 11:55:08

From same user that takes all the things from G55.co

Requires you to click out to watch ads in order to unlock characters.

E rated, but has M rated content. Same outside ads thing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-24 15:02:07 (edited 2018-05-24 15:05:08)

At 5/24/18 11:55 AM, Peregrinus wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/711646
From same user that takes all the things from G55.co

Yeah, that one seemed suspicious to me. Do you know where it actually does come from though? Just so I can have proof for a report.
Nevermind, it's right there. However, how do you know it's stolen and not made by the same person. I doubt everything on G55.co was made by 1 person.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2018-05-24 15:18:16

At 5/24/18 03:02 PM, Thegamingtrickster wrote: Nevermind, it's right there. However, how do you know it's stolen and not made by the same person. I doubt everything on G55.co was made by 1 person.

That specific user has been submitting things form G55.co since March. His username is a reference to a character from Army of Two. Asides from the fact that his previous submissions were all removed by mods, other warnings include a lack of any links in his profile, or links in the author comments. There is also no credit in the game to who may have made it, asides from the G55 preloader.

While it is possible the user made it (since they don't upload everything posted on G55, just mostly shooters), the rate they comes out at the least makes it spam-shovelware (also malicious since the game tries to force a Facebook login to mine your personal info)

BBS Signature