00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PsyKing77 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,007,931 Views | 60,775 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 02:08:58

It is stolen.. I whistled it and gave the link, then lost my gold whistle when it passed.
Maybe it's not, or they're a real smooth talker.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 02:56:37

At 3/26/09 02:08 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: It is stolen.. I whistled it and gave the link, then lost my gold whistle when it passed.
Maybe it's not, or they're a real smooth talker.

You don't lose whistle points when a flash you whistle passes (or get any if it's blammed), only if it's flagged and then found to be okay. If you lost points, it's from a different abusive flash or review that was cleared.

Unless it got flagged and then was cleared very quickly.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 05:46:42

At 3/25/09 06:38 PM, idiot-buster wrote: I like that idea, but i'm not sure i understand what you are saying. Do you mean that a user could pick weather they wanted to have the old "badges" show up on there profile if they want to. Because i would love to have that option. Then again i do like the newer supreme commander badge better than the past one.

No, but that would be nice. What I ment was the option to pick between Police ranks and Elite Guard ranks, having the final two Police ranks look as good as the Elite Guard ones. Having the option to pick between them would mean more civilian ranks. It would be pointless to have I know, but amusing for a few week.

At 3/26/09 02:56 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Unless it got flagged and then was cleared very quickly.

It would be a record, I don't think many flash get unflagged that quick, even when well known authors have been flagged, it's taken a day or more.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 08:39:59

At 3/25/09 06:38 PM, idiot-buster wrote: That i did not approve of, they removed the "Elite Guard" name before i even came close to getting there. I believe i had about 900 b/p when the redesign hit.

I hit Elite Guard Private about a month before the redesign, I also hit level 10 a few weeks before. It was pretty lousy when the redesign hit and I got kicked back down to Police Captain.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 09:17:30

At 3/25/09 11:42 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 3/25/09 09:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: After the redesign, we all got new badges and they decided to knock off the Elite Guard from the rank names.
I liked it better with the Elite Guard thing, lol.

What's in a name? A rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 09:33:37

At 3/26/09 09:17 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 3/25/09 11:42 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 3/25/09 09:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: After the redesign, we all got new badges and they decided to knock off the Elite Guard from the rank names.
I liked it better with the Elite Guard thing, lol.
What's in a name? A rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.

But it would smell sweeter if it had a better name.

Think abou the obo; to me, it sounds more like it would be a tuba, or something just as big. But it's one of the smallest instruments. Same with the diggery-doo; it sounds like a small, fun instrument, but it's that giant tube from Australia that the natives play.

At 3/26/09 08:39 AM, DumbassDude wrote:
At 3/25/09 06:38 PM, idiot-buster wrote: That i did not approve of, they removed the "Elite Guard" name before i even came close to getting there. I believe i had about 900 b/p when the redesign hit.
I hit Elite Guard Private about a month before the redesign, I also hit level 10 a few weeks before. It was pretty lousy when the redesign hit and I got kicked back down to Police Captain.

Same; I was about 200-300 points into my Elite Guard when the redesign kicked in, knocking me down so i would need another 200-300 to get "back in".

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 17:59:14

At 3/25/09 05:29 PM, honsolo26 wrote: SARGENT I WANT TO ENLIST SIR!!!!!!

PLease don't spam with images. It forms a bad opinion of you when you eventually can enlist and people can vote you out.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 20:55:59

Gents,
thought i'd let you in on free whistle points
Stolen:

This is from novel games, stolen like all of this author's other submissions.
http://www.novelgames.com/flashgames/gam e.php?id=6

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-26 22:26:18

Hey guys I just thought about dropping by... I haven't posted much lately, I've just been lurking a lot and watching submissions (like some classics that I had watched years ago). I don't know why, but since school started I just don't feel that urge to post, though I still want to come to NG and I spend most of my time on it. Maybe I just need some time to get used to school, I don't know.

So if I don't post, don't worry, I'm still around :)
And if you're worried about the roster, don't worry! I'll post it on time.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-27 06:13:42

At 3/27/09 03:59 AM, Arthuria99 wrote: More spams from princess launcherela

You didn't read the Code of Conduct post, did you? If you had, you would know that we're not a mass-voting group and only deal with rulebreaking flash. While the Cyberen flashes are shitty, they break no rules. If you don't like a flash, give it a low score and move on, because there's nothing more you can do.

Incidentally, if you wish to be a member of the Barracks, you must read the Code of Conduct and decide whether or not you can abide by our rules. We don't even begin discussing and voting on potential recruits unless they've agreed to the code.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-27 08:46:29

I'm terribly sorry sir, i'll read them right away

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-27 21:23:17

Good work SpiffyMasta I have looked at all of them and they look funny to me. The games are from a few other websites and its odd his website has nothing on it apart from his comment, that he has six games on Newgrounds. But I don't know for sure I will do some more research. But on one of the games RoboChess I have seen stolen before and Novelgames is a website I have heard of. Anyway Congrats to Tom Fulp on becoming a dad he has not made a post but someone made a thread it was on Twitter on the 25th and it was a boy.

http://sites.google.com/site/b3ndoveratn g/

Here is the website of that author. I do find them Cyberen annoying.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-27 22:17:57

At 3/27/09 09:23 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Anyway Congrats to Tom Fulp on becoming a dad he has not made a post but someone made a thread it was on Twitter on the 25th and it was a boy.

Yeah I read that topic on general, just in case here's Tom's Twitter. He hasn't posted or anything because probably he has some things to do that are far more important that coming here and saying he has a son :)
Still, I want to know the boy's name :D

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-27 22:52:53

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/488805Look who's made their real comeback at last... At least, this is the first actual Drew Pickles gay sex story Flash I've seen in the Portal. Maybe there's been a few before though, I've been too busy elsewhere to pay much attention to the Portal recently.

In other news, I'm posting this on the FF 3.1 beta 3! It's a pretty cool browser, though I do miss Wacky's NG Toolbar...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-27 22:57:38

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/488805Look who's made their real comeback at last... At least, this is the first actual Drew Pickles gay sex story Flash I've seen in the Portal. Maybe there's been a few before though, I've been too busy elsewhere to pay much attention to the Portal recently.

In other news, I'm posting this on the FF 3.1 beta 3! It's a pretty cool browser, though I do miss Wacky's NG Toolbar...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 02:21:33

At 3/27/09 08:46 AM, Arthuria99 wrote: I'm terribly sorry sir, i'll read them right away

I like this guy's attitude. I think he shows promise.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 03:57:35

This offends me. The fact he says go kill yourself in the author's comments seems to cross a line. As I know people with depression (and have had it myself) I find it doubly offensive and down right harassing/abusive to the users of NG.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 08:04:30

At 3/27/09 10:52 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 8805Look who's made their real comeback at last... At least, this is the first actual Drew Pickles gay sex story Flash I've seen in the Portal.

I always use to like their spam, and back in the day, they didn't always use to pass, which made them tolerable and funny.
Then the KK came along...

Also level 23 guys, also got promoted last week to Master Sergeant

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 09:00:52

At 3/27/09 10:57 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: In other news, I'm posting this on the FF 3.1 beta 3! It's a pretty cool browser, though I do miss Wacky's NG Toolbar...

Is it cool? What are its new features? (If it has any) Right now I only have 3.0.8, and as usual there are no noticeable changes.

At 3/28/09 03:57 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote: The fact he says go kill yourself in the author's comments seems to cross a line.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do against abusive author comments, they can't be flagged. Many spammers put shit like that in the comments so the people who watch it will be annoyed and vote 0, which helps them to win the turd of the week

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 10:15:28

At 3/28/09 03:57 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote: This offends me. The fact he says go kill yourself in the author's comments seems to cross a line.

Nothing you can do about an authors comments in most cases, the flash will most probably get deleted again anyway especilly if it wins turd again. Which seems to be even more cheated for than in the past. "Go kill yourself", "Fuck you and die" and other phrases are pretty common, they are designed to get users to vote 0.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 11:41:35

At 3/27/09 10:17 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Still, I want to know the boy's name :D

I call Tom Jr.

At 3/28/09 10:15 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Nothing you can do about an authors comments in most cases, the flash will most probably get deleted again anyway especilly if it wins turd again. Which seems to be even more cheated for than in the past. "Go kill yourself", "Fuck you and die" and other phrases are pretty common, they are designed to get users to vote 0.

And they do - the best thing that the Admins could do is to put a stop to the Turd of the Week award, as it's being abused, so people need to focus their attention on actually making good flash once more.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 12:22:44

At 3/28/09 11:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: And they do - the best thing that the Admins could do is to put a stop to the Turd of the Week award, as it's being abused, so people need to focus their attention on actually making good flash once more.

I don't think they need to put a stop to it because it used to be somewhat ammusing for some of the flash, now it's just filled with people making one frame flash with some music just to win it. I think there needs to be some effort made to stop people winning it during the week, such as the flash being deleted before the Wednessday if it looks like it's been cheated on, as many of the low scoring submissions have been.

Another way would be to prevent an account from winning certain awards, so the submitter would be except for awards, including review based ones. Creating an alt to get round that therefor would result in deletion, which doesn't both them, should really further the punishment after making new accounts just to do the same thing.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 13:23:34

Stolen from ArcadeBomb? It looks like the user submits games from verious diffrent game sites, all the game sites have their own Newgrounds account, though this game isn't on the ArcadeBomb account.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 13:31:12

At 3/28/09 01:23 PM, Little-Rena wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 8877
Stolen from ArcadeBomb? It looks like the user submits games from verious diffrent game sites, all the game sites have their own Newgrounds account, though this game isn't on the ArcadeBomb account.

It looks really suspicious. Someone even made a thread about it in General. I think we should contact an admin.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 13:50:03

At 3/28/09 09:00 AM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/27/09 10:57 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: In other news, I'm posting this on the FF 3.1 beta 3! It's a pretty cool browser, though I do miss Wacky's NG Toolbar...
Is it cool? What are its new features? (If it has any) Right now I only have 3.0.8, and as usual there are no noticeable changes.

Well, other than WACKYANIMATION's NG Toolbar, among other addons I had, not being there, and the fact that if failed at rich content linking in my last post (which it accidentally double-posted, though that's as likely the deletion of major system files by that damned virus my brother got as it is FF making me get the "Cannot contact Newgrounds server" error), it seems a bit faster, and also actually seems to get less errors (apart from that one script error I got when I first opened NG) than the older version, at least on my computer. Of course, I've liked Firefox from the first moment I've used it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 14:01:10

At 3/28/09 01:31 PM, Ismael92 wrote: It looks really suspicious. Someone even made a thread about it in General. I think we should contact an admin.

I have PM'd Wade about it, quite a while ago but I had to go eat so I didn't make an updating post to say that.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 19:00:05

And they do - the best thing that the Admins could do is to put a stop to the Turd of the Week award, as it's being abused, so people need to focus their attention on actually making good flash once more.

I think there needs to be a rule that known spam crews should be excluded from getting turd. :S It's getting kinda annoying. I think it is about time they got in trouble for rude author comments, users get in trouble for rude reviews. Tis only fair.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 20:18:05

Does this qualify as a whistle-blowable offense? Nothing more than a link and advertising another site

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-28 22:06:49

At 3/28/09 01:50 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 3/28/09 09:00 AM, Ismael92 wrote:
which it accidentally double-posted, though that's as likely the deletion of major system files by that damned virus

Nope, that's a NG error. I have seen several double posts today, also someone made a thread about it in General (I'm to lazy to look for it right now), so don't worry :)