00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

60d just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

BLAMS!

12,220 Views | 133 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to BLAMS! 2002-12-29 14:26:52

the clock crew i think is so misunderstood and confused people. i dont understand them. are they on crack or something? i mean, talking fruits and crap. with CLOCK on them?!

wtf is up with that?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

BBS Signature

Response to BLAMS! 2002-12-31 14:03:30

DAM! Keep it at 25 because this site will get laggy not that it isn't already with all these movies/games everywhere that people don't watch! Now the site will be bigger and slower, good job!

Response to BLAMS! 2002-12-31 14:05:00

Go to Runescape.Com everyone!!

Response to BLAMS! 2002-12-31 14:06:34

This site is going fast for me though because I have Windows XP :P

Response to BLAMS! 2002-12-31 14:07:43

Newgrounds.Com rocks!!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-01-08 07:05:31

yeah, after i got a new computer , i could watch everything in high quality. ^_^

Maximus Decimus Meridius

BBS Signature

Response to BLAMS! 2003-01-08 20:26:14

The new Portal is Awesome Except Get Some Music for it the Newgrounds Society will fall apart without Music!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-01-09 07:04:21

At 1/8/03 08:26 PM, Dude101 wrote: The new Portal is Awesome Except Get Some Music for it the Newgrounds Society will fall apart without Music!

i dunno, i mean, the ,music was nice...but it sometimes got anoying...plus ur there to see movies. not listening to some techno.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

BBS Signature

Response to BLAMS! 2003-01-13 18:07:04

I don't get it... For exemple there is an submission that already has had 1000 votes and has an score of 3.50 and i decide i love it and i give it a 4 can i still recieve a protection point???
And if there is an movie that also hase had 1000 votes but it has an score of 1.80 and i vote can i still recieve a blam point???

Response to BLAMS! 2003-01-19 07:05:46

Totally Agree With the new system. Gives everybody a chance to actually have their movies viewed by more than just people looking for blam and protection points.
This site is becoming more fair by the day and gives the little (hard working) guys a chance...

Response to BLAMS! 2003-01-25 06:07:00

Wouldn't it be simpler to just make it physically impossible to vote untill you have clicked on Watch this movie. I realize that they could just close the window then vote but a system to of detecting when "Movie not loaded" disappears. So they may aswell just watch the damn thing. Then vote, It mightnt help much but at least it gets people's movies on voters screens.

Response to BLAMS! 2003-01-28 02:09:20

yeah blammin/savin is cool, sucks how it thinks u already voted on all these new movies that only just started off tho :(

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-06 23:00:51

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLAMS!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-09 11:48:52

how can you guys get so many blams? do you just keep on refreshing the page?

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-09 13:41:25

i have an idea. it is quite ovbius that movies w/ very litle kb are almost always going to b blamed. therefore i think it would make sense if a minimum kb was put in place so as to force poeple to put more time into their movies

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-17 14:20:41

I think this change is for the best. With the new color-coded system and the blam change from 25 to 50, animators with get more of a chance that they need to succeed in the portal.

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-18 12:33:47

well that's the way it goes

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-19 13:06:38

I'm kinda confused, but i'm also new. how to you get blam and protection points? how do you move up in rank? is there a way to get more than 10 experience points a day? How do I find out which movies are about to be blammed? please help! I can't quite figure this out. any one who wan't to help me, email me at redskull55@hotmail.com

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-21 00:37:04

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
TODAY, ALL I DID WAS BLAM CRAP! BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM. THE WORD HAS LOST ALL MEANING. I CAN'T STAND ALL THE CRAP! IT'S GROWING TOO! SOMEONE HELP! WE DON'T HAVE A PRAYER. WAIT. DID YOU JUST HEAR SOMETHING? ........ OH MY GOD IT'S MORE CRAP!
BLAMBLAMBLAM! IT'S NOT WORKING!!!
BLAMBLAMBLAM!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-21 20:41:28

I'm really happy that you guys are trying to crack down on morons who blam everything in sight (and likewise, save movies their friends make that totally suck).

It's nice to see that you guys are doing something about that, but something I'd like to see is some changes to voting in general, including movies/games that are on the portal.

Take Johnny Rocketfingers. Before this week's posting, it was the number one video on the Portal. Now, it's number two. Now, obviously, that's still quite an accomplishment, but I've noticed something: about a week and a half ago, its score was over a 4.5 (at least, that's how I remember it. If you have the actual numbers feel free to correct me). As I'm writing this, JR stands at 4.32.

That doesn't seem like much of a drop in a near-two-week period, but keep in mind that JR has over 13,000 votes. I'll spare you the math, but let's just say it would take a LOT of zeros to lower its score that much.

Now, JR is my favorite video on the Portal, so of course I'd be a little miffed that it's no longer number one, but I don't think it's very fair that people can vote so many times and cause its score to take a nosedive, just so another video can beat it.

Likewise, things like "B" can stay on the Portal despite the fact that it has NO place on Newgrounds. I don't know how to make Flash videos, but I know ANYONE can come up with something more than the letter "B". But because people can vote so many times, it stayed on.

My solution? I can think of two:
1. Limit the number of votes people can cast. Set it so people can vote, at most, X number of times on a video. After that, they're locked out.
2. Erase votes cast after a period of time. You could combine this with the first one, and it would allow a video to truly stand "the test of time". If people truly like it, they would vote again after the period wore off.

I appreciate the fact that NG keeps improving...hopefully we can keep improving it :)

BLAMS!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-22 11:40:51

At 2/9/03 01:41 PM, control1 wrote: i have an idea. it is quite ovbius that movies w/ very litle kb are almost always going to b blamed. therefore i think it would make sense if a minimum kb was put in place so as to force poeple to put more time into their movies

That's not a bad idea, but what about previews/trailers? I can understand why someone would want to submit a small file before completing a big one. Think about it: if you submit a huge file and it gets blammed, you just did all that work for nothing. If you submit a small one and it gets blammed, you can figure out what you did wrong, and correct the mistake then and there, rather than getting it blammed in the end.

BLAMS!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-22 23:34:58

Damn, why is it that the crappiest movies are also the ones with the biggest file sizes? You wait forever just for a crappy movie! they need to learn how to minimize their crap so it takes less time from eeryone!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-23 13:40:10

At 2/23/03 01:03 PM, PitaPunk wrote: Dude... some of the crappy movies are like 3 kb and some are like 4mb!! I have only seen a few movies that were good with a small file size like 50 kb - 100kb.

Crap comes in all shapes and sizes, unfortunately. But there are lots of good videos that aren't even 1mb (or are close to it). You just have to look for them.

BLAMS!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-23 15:36:05

Hey Wade I think you and other NG staff members should stop making all these changes. Another thing can you guys stop emailing me news?

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-23 15:58:53

At 2/23/03 03:36 PM, YOUNG-PLAYER wrote: Hey Wade I think you and other NG staff members should stop making all these changes. Another thing can you guys stop emailing me news?

You can remove yourself from the mailing list through your personal profile.

And why stop making changes? Why should NG limit itself? Wouldn't you rather see NG get better and better, all the time? It's not like any changes are mind-boggling. They're just trying to make NG the best that they can, and who can blame them?

BLAMS!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-24 01:16:42

I am the King of the BBS

Response to BLAMS! 2003-02-24 22:20:47

At 2/24/03 01:16 AM, EarthCrisis wrote: I am the King of the BBS

About as much as StrawberryClock is the king of the Portal.

BLAMS!

Response to BLAMS! 2003-03-02 01:39:58

WIll someone pleeez make a chart of the blamming/protection points and the system in how it works

Response to BLAMS! 2003-03-03 15:35:25

So a movie will not be BLAMMED until 50 votes, if the score is low enough. Remember to always view a movie before you vote. This is only fair to those who took time to make something to contribute to Newgrounds.
Well said. I've noiced in people's reviews a tendancy for just rampant criticism. Some very assinine folks out there seem to just go aound blamming anything that doesn't show TnA. Good show, Mr. Fulp

Response to BLAMS! 2003-03-03 15:39:44

Cute pic. Makes sense, I suppose. They are all fuckers after all, eh?