00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

3,809,871 Views | 88,035 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-19 00:52:23

Level 19! Now where's my hockey mask...

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-19 14:02:06

Level 37 right now

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-19 14:17:33

December 19, 2012 marks the day I got 100,000 medal points, 8 months and a week into my account.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-19 15:03:47

Coop considers a quick spot of gaming this evening, while congratulating:
Toohot100: Level 49
SmashLuigiFan1: Top 600 B/Per
Spretnaz: Level 19
SCTE3: Experience Rank #777
rahfa: Level 37
OrangeGiant: 100,000 Medal Points

Listening to:
Alestorm - The End Of Our Days
Bruce Dickinson - Born in '58

At 12/19/12 12:52 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/18/12 04:33 PM, Coop wrote: At the moment, I think three is excessive. However, a proper verdict will be reached in Summer 2014.
Though it is excessive for such a relatively short book, at least it'll give me something to look forward to seeing in the future. (I hardly ever watch movies, though I do love The Walking Dead (show) and Game of Thrones (both the books and show.) ...I love fantasy books in general, really.

I have decreed that I will read George R.R. Martin's books before I watch the adaptation.

Long lived sigs FTW!
Oh, definitely . :P It just becomes part of your eimage after a while, so I couldn't bear to get rid of mine. (Not to mention I don't have the skills to make myself something new that's anywhere near that cool. lol )

I'll have to. Right after 2112, though ;)
I've been listening to Rush's stuff and watching some live performances lately -they're probably the best live band I've ever heard. It's been a while since I've really sat down and listened to them and I must say it's quite refreshing. :P

The best performance of theirs is O Baterista in Rio.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-19 20:58:50

Passed 22000 Saves

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-19 21:13:04

20,000 Experience Points! :D

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-20 01:27:21

Congratulations To:

Spretznaz: level 19
SCTE3: Rank #777 in exp.
rahfa: level 37
OrangeGiant: 100,000 medal points
LiquidFire: 22,000 saves
Seamonky: 20,000 exp.

At 12/19/12 03:03 PM, Coop wrote: I have decreed that I will read George R.R. Martin's books before I watch the adaptation.

I did the same thing. There's just no way I would watch the show first, as the books are always better...
But yeah, I strongly recommend picking them up the next chance you get. 5,000+ pages of addicting, super-immersive fantasy = a good read. :P

Ah, yes, the infamous Neal Peart drum solo -the xylophone melody gives me goosebumps every time. He's one of those special musicians that has always inspired me to play music.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-20 04:26:29

Thanks for voting, Faggard! Your experience has been automatically deposited!

With that vote, you now have 16,890 experience points. You need 0 more to get to Level 40.

~ smooches ~

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-20 09:05:31

One more day until the supposed doomsday. Don't mind me, I just await for absolutely fucking nothing to happen.

Listening to:

Stratovarius - Visions

Thanks to:

Metal-Therapy
Odyssic
Coop

At 12/18/12 11:26 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/18/12 08:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: If you think that's impressive, wait until you watch this rare clip.
HA! Wow, the honesty is startling. What year was that from, anyway? It looked fairly old.

I would assume 1992 is when that clip was made but where it was originally meant to be for, I do not know.

At 12/18/12 01:08 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/18/12 08:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: Some people simply knock things before they even try it out.
So, have you ever tried M/M dragon action? :P

No but I've sadly seen too much of it already. Now F/F dragon action on the other hand, that I need to find some more of. O_O

But there aren't many timelords left now. So I guess it's "Daleks 1 - Timelords 0"

See the problem there?
Yes, the problem is, that I don't watch Doctor Who.

And you should be ashamed.

Also, as far as I know, the Doctor isn't a "real" Timelord (in the same way that Spock isn't a "real" Vulcan), so the Daleks have won the battle.

You forget, he's the last of the Timelords.

You know, if you're going to tell me every bad beer ever, just give me a damn list.
I would like to, but I don't have a list. Just compile the list for yourself from my posts. :P

Only when you give me a full list right here right now.

At 12/18/12 04:33 PM, Coop wrote:
At 12/16/12 09:21 AM, Bahamut wrote: Saw The Hobbit last night. Glad I took the chance then since it would have been blu-ray for me if otherwise. Thanks to watching that film, I now want to watch LOTR extended trilogy.
I did enjoy this one. Now I have even more Gollum lines to practice :)

I wouldn't mind seeing it again soon. Hopefully I can find time to watch the LOTR extended trilogy sometime over Christmas.

I'm pretty sure deep down inside you that you desire some Dragonite pussy.
And I'm pretty sure that deep down, you're fucking deluded.

Haven't we established that already?

I thought to yesterday "Less rain. more snow."
You're just doing that to get on my nerves.

Pretty much yeah

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-20 16:25:19

So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!

At 12/16/12 06:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/14/12 02:36 AM, Coop wrote: We've got warmer weather, but that's also brought some rain with it...
There's nothing wrong with rain. At least, the rain doesn't lie around for weeks and makes me walking around in mud all the time.
Driving through rain is not pleasant, especially when you're reaching speeds of 70 mph+ and so are the vehicles around you.

Driving through a snow storm can't be pleasant as well.

At 12/18/12 01:08 PM, Haggard wrote: This morning, when I logged in to Newgrounds and went to the portal, there where over 50 submissions under judgement. And one of those was highlighted in red. I quickly opened it and hit the 0 button. And, what can I say? I destroyed someone elses hard work! Now, that's a nice way to start the day.
Fantastic - I hope that it was one that I also got a Blam for :)

I hope so, too.

At 12/19/12 12:52 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/18/12 01:08 PM, Haggard wrote: This morning, when I logged in to Newgrounds and went to the portal, there where over 50 submissions under judgement.
Yeah, that's another something that's new around here since I came back that I noticed. wtf is up with the 15, 30 or 50+ UJ submissions at any given time? I seem to recall 7 or 8 being a lot for any non-holiday. Are there really that few users in the Portal these days?

It only happened in the past few days.

And one of those was highlighted in red. I quickly opened it and hit the 0 button. And, what can I say? I destroyed someone elses hard work! Now, that's a nice way to start the day.
I trust you savored the moment? It's such a rarity to get blams at all these days, much less being the one to cast that final vote. ;)

Of course I did!

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: One more day until the supposed doomsday. Don't mind me, I just await for absolutely fucking nothing to happen.

I stopped counting, but this is not the first supposed "end of the world". It should've ended in the year 2000 already. And on 06.06.06, if I remember this right.

Also, it's not like the Mayans are especially well known for their accurate forecasting, are they? >_>

At 12/18/12 01:08 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/18/12 08:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: Some people simply knock things before they even try it out.
So, have you ever tried M/M dragon action? :P
No but I've sadly seen too much of it already. Now F/F dragon action on the other hand, that I need to find some more of. O_O

But you can never participate in F/F dragon action. Because, then it wouldn't be F/F action anymore.

But there aren't many timelords left now. So I guess it's "Daleks 1 - Timelords 0"

See the problem there?
Yes, the problem is, that I don't watch Doctor Who.

What can I do? There's no Doctor Who on Free TV. Besides, I have enough stuff to watch already, no need to put even more stuff on my to do list.

Also, as far as I know, the Doctor isn't a "real" Timelord (in the same way that Spock isn't a "real" Vulcan), so the Daleks have won the battle.

He will suffer the same fate as "The Last of the Mohicans".

You know, if you're going to tell me every bad beer ever, just give me a damn list.
I would like to, but I don't have a list. Just compile the list for yourself from my posts. :P

How can I, if I don't have one?

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-20 17:27:52

Congratulations To:

Faggard: level 40 -fabulous!

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: One more day until the supposed doomsday. Don't mind me, I just await for absolutely fucking nothing to happen.

Dawn of the Final Day

24 Hours Remain

I would assume 1992 is when that clip was made but where it was originally meant to be for, I do not know.

That would explain why I've never seen it before. Funny stuff, though.

At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!

the lul will be the first place I report to with any unusual activity. Stay tuned (or not). lol

It only happened in the past few days.

The 50 or more UJs have been because of Christmas, yeah, but the relativity large amount of submissions that are always under judgement (also not missing any saves while I'm asleep) is something new to me.

On that note, it's kinda scary that I keep getting b/p points, yet the UJ purple is still holding fast at #50. 0.o (I use the classic Portal, of course.) :P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-20 17:30:56

I will respond with a list tomorrow, but my head feels like it's been put through a blender. I've just finished reading "Changes", by Jim Butcher and the way that the story has changed in the last 60 pages has really left me with loads more questions.

For those of you interested, I'll be writing a review probably tomorrow, when I've had a chance to gather my thoughts.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 00:55:30

Congrats to all for their achievements! :)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 08:51:13

Listening to:

Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite

At 12/20/12 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: So, when exactly is the world supposed to end? I mean, midnight? Or midnight the following day? Which time zone? Oh god, so many unanswered questions!

It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.

I stopped counting, but this is not the first supposed "end of the world". It should've ended in the year 2000 already. And on 06.06.06, if I remember this right.

They're only numbers. :P

But you can never participate in F/F dragon action. Because, then it wouldn't be F/F action anymore.

However, with my participation it becomes a threesome. You really can't argue with that.

What can I do? There's no Doctor Who on Free TV. Besides, I have enough stuff to watch already, no need to put even more stuff on my to do list.

Put Doctor Who at a higher priority? Problem is solved!

You don't know who you're dealing with here. He's the fucking Doctor, it's almost impossible for him to die.

Start jotting them down now!

At 12/20/12 05:27 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: I would assume 1992 is when that clip was made but where it was originally meant to be for, I do not know.
That would explain why I've never seen it before. Funny stuff, though.

Their humour back then was way ahead of its time.

At 12/21/12 04:40 AM, Odyssic wrote: I wish the world would end so I didn't have to put up with more Formy flashes, but no. It fucking wins awards, are people mindless drones or something because some little shit and a goth chick is funny? Fucking wrong NG, think better next time.

Always remember: Our portal voters are fucking idiots.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 09:25:20

With that vote, you now have 22,000 experience points.

Tweet!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 11:58:33

I've passed 66,000 Saves overnight. Mostly thanks to the huge influx of submissions over the past couple of days.

I heard it was meant to end at around 7 AM GMT and then I heard 11 AM... I don't know. Perhaps they mean at the end of the day on the Mayan timezone so that would be around 7 AM tomorrow...

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 14:03:51

Coop has now broken up for Xmas. Congratulations to:
LiquidFire: 22,000 Saves
Seamonky: 20,000 Experience
Faggard: Level 40
S-k-y: 22,000 Experience. My friend has acquired a budgie and called him Sky, too!
Auz: 66,000 Saves

Listening to:
Alice Cooper - Fire
Foo Fighters - Razor
Michael Jackson - She Drives Me Wild
Nine Inch Nails - The Perfect Drug

At 12/20/12 01:27 AM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/19/12 03:03 PM, Coop wrote: I have decreed that I will read George R.R. Martin's books before I watch the adaptation.
I did the same thing. There's just no way I would watch the show first, as the books are always better...
But yeah, I strongly recommend picking them up the next chance you get. 5,000+ pages of addicting, super-immersive fantasy = a good read. :P

I've been through the first 12 books of the Dresden Files, so I'm getting to around the 5,000 page mark with that. Plus I'm a Discworld fan, which is tens of thousands of pages by now, with over 30 novels.

Ah, yes, the infamous Neal Peart drum solo -the xylophone melody gives me goosebumps every time. He's one of those special musicians that has always inspired me to play music.

Yep, there are quite a few that can be inspirational, yet so few that can be so inspirational.

At 12/20/12 08:25 AM, Odyssic wrote: Those Formy flashes suck.

I quite like them.

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/16/12 09:21 AM, Bahamut wrote: Saw The Hobbit last night. Glad I took the chance then since it would have been blu-ray for me if otherwise. Thanks to watching that film, I now want to watch LOTR extended trilogy.
I did enjoy this one. Now I have even more Gollum lines to practice :)
I wouldn't mind seeing it again soon. Hopefully I can find time to watch the LOTR extended trilogy sometime over Christmas.

14 hours and 2/3 of a bottle of Southern Comfort saw me through it.

I'm pretty sure deep down inside you that you desire some Dragonite pussy.
And I'm pretty sure that deep down, you're fucking deluded.
Haven't we established that already?

Probably.

I thought to yesterday "Less rain. more snow."
You're just doing that to get on my nerves.
Pretty much yeah

Aargh!

I thought it was 11am GMT...

Still here...

At 12/16/12 06:34 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/14/12 02:36 AM, Coop wrote: We've got warmer weather, but that's also brought some rain with it...
There's nothing wrong with rain. At least, the rain doesn't lie around for weeks and makes me walking around in mud all the time.
Driving through rain is not pleasant, especially when you're reaching speeds of 70 mph+ and so are the vehicles around you.
Driving through a snow storm can't be pleasant as well.

I'm not going to go that fast through snowstorms. Perhaps 20-30 mph.

At 12/21/12 12:55 AM, Xiivi wrote: Congrats to all for their achievements! :)

Ohai Xiivi!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 16:52:08

next milestone pass ranked 400 in EXP.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 18:20:07

Just a little political statement: Fuck YOU, NRA!
If they had anything more to say in this country, than every newborn child would get a weapon in their hands. Their logic is just so silly... it's like, if there are too many robberies, people should rob the stores themselves, so no robber can steal anything anymore.

At 12/21/12 08:51 AM, Bahamut wrote:
It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.

Yeah, very disappointing. They get your hopes up high, but in the end, nothing happens.

Of course they are. I always wondered, why the world should end in the year 2000 (christian calendar) when other calendars where way in the 3000's already. That was just silly... or maybe not as silly as all those other "predictions", heh.

However, with my participation it becomes a threesome. You really can't argue with that.

Yes, but it won't be FF anymore. It would be FFM. ;)

Where to start? Way back at the beginning with the first doctor? Fuck that, there's not enough time for that.

You don't know who you're dealing with here. He's the fucking Doctor, it's almost impossible for him to die.

"almost impossible" != "impossible"

I already named a few.

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote:

That's what I heard as well, but nothing happened.

Still here...

I guess we have to wait until the start of the next day in Mexico, then.

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 18:39:22

Congratulations To:

S-k-y: 22,000 exp.
Auz: 66,000 saves
LittleWashu: ranked #400 in exp. -I just passed you in b/p :P

At 12/21/12 04:40 AM, Odyssic wrote: I wish the world would end so I didn't have to put up with more Formy flashes, but no. It fucking wins awards, are people mindless drones or something because some little shit and a goth chick is funny? Fucking wrong NG, think better next time.

Foamy seems to be one of those series that people are really polarized over, like people seem to either love it or hate it.
Though I do find Foamy to be a bit on the annoying side, he does make some decent (and mildly amusing) points at times.

At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote: I've been through the first 12 books of the Dresden Files, so I'm getting to around the 5,000 page mark with that. Plus I'm a Discworld fan, which is tens of thousands of pages by now, with over 30 novels.

I feel slightly ashamed that haven't read either of those; what genre of books are they? I love series that you can spend a whole summer reading, you get so accustomed to immersing yourself in the story on a daily basis it's almost like you're living a second life. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 19:07:05

Just earned 140,000 medal points.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-21 23:20:59

First time I get in contact with gfox on Steam for over half a fucking year and I'm drunk as helllllllllllllll!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-22 10:11:21

Listening to:

Thin Lizzy - Thunder & Lightning. Like thunder and lightning, goddamn it's so exciting. It hits you like a hammer. Goddamn!

Thanks to:

Coop. I hope I was an inspiration to your friend. Also, is their Sky blue?
Metal-Therapy
Odyssic

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing it again soon. Hopefully I can find time to watch the LOTR extended trilogy sometime over Christmas.

Alongside to the planned extended trilogy watch, we did attempt to get the soundtrack but it was refunded due to it not being in stock. Ah well, there's plenty of time in the new year to hunt it down.

At 12/21/12 06:20 PM, Haggard wrote: Just a little political statement: Fuck YOU, NRA!
If they had anything more to say in this country, than every newborn child would get a weapon in their hands. Their logic is just so silly... it's like, if there are too many robberies, people should rob the stores themselves, so no robber can steal anything anymore.

I'll say that I'm happy to live in a country that doesn't allow the public to be able to carry guns. However, that doesn't excuse arresting someone just because they attacked someone who was attempting to burgle their house. At the end of the day, people in this country cannot be trusted with guns at all. If they were ever legalized, I imagine it will be chaos.

At 12/21/12 08:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.
Yeah, very disappointing. They get your hopes up high, but in the end, nothing happens.

Well that's it then. Absolutely nothing happened. Most disappointing thing that happened was Margaret Thatcher surviving from her operation.

Of course they are. I always wondered, why the world should end in the year 2000 (christian calendar) when other calendars where way in the 3000's already. That was just silly... or maybe not as silly as all those other "predictions", heh.

So can we laugh off every end of the world prediction now?

Still something fun, though.

Where to start? Way back at the beginning with the first doctor? Fuck that, there's not enough time for that.

No, my recommendation is to start with the modern series. Then, you can watch the new episodes as they arrive. Plus, the episode Rose is a much better paced story than An Unearthly Child which is in four parts.

You better familiarise yourself with his regeneration process.

I already named a few.

Good, keep it up!

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-22 11:04:20

Level 28, a nice early Christmas present for me.

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-22 12:02:31

Congratulations To:

VJF: 140,000 medal points
SCTE3: 8.00 base vp
Decky: level 28

At 12/21/12 11:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: First time I get in contact with gfox on Steam for over half a fucking year and I'm drunk as helllllllllllllll!

So, how many pints of Guinness does it take to get a dragon drunk, exactly?

Anyway, tell him to spend a little more time around the BBS -I can only imagine how long his catch-up post would be at this point. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-22 17:10:31

26,000 Saves. So close to 30,000 total!

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-22 18:15:02

55,555 B/P. *golf clap*

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-22 18:19:42

At 12/22/12 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/21/12 06:20 PM, Haggard wrote: Just a little political statement: Fuck YOU, NRA!
I'll say that I'm happy to live in a country that doesn't allow the public to be able to carry guns. However, that doesn't excuse arresting someone just because they attacked someone who was attempting to burgle their house. At the end of the day, people in this country cannot be trusted with guns at all. If they were ever legalized, I imagine it will be chaos.

Yeah, self defense is something I can understand. But arming yourself, to "protect" you from someone who is armed as well is just silly.

At 12/21/12 08:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: It's been almost 14 hours at this point and still nothing here.
Well that's it then. Absolutely nothing happened. Most disappointing thing that happened was Margaret Thatcher surviving from her operation.

Well, we have to wait until the next day is over. Since some claimed the apocalypse will happen on 23rd. But we will be disappointed again.

I'm pretty sure the scientific predictions are right: When the sun explodes, the world will end. But this won't happen any time soon (in 4 billion years, I think).

That's a given.

No, my recommendation is to start with the modern series. Then, you can watch the new episodes as they arrive. Plus, the episode Rose is a much better paced story than An Unearthly Child which is in four parts.

I still have to finish X-Files first. Then the Alfred Hitchcock Collection (14 movies). Then the Stanley Kubrick Collection (7 movies) AND the LotR Extended edition as well...
Also, how can I watch new episodes if they aren't shown on Free TV? I won't get any Pay Per View TV channel just to watch that series.

Still it's possible. Or how else could it be that the Daleks killed so many Time Lords?
"Exterminate!"

I already named a few.
Good, keep it up!

I will name others as they come to my mind, so you have to pay attention. :P

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-23 09:46:52

Coop looks to have finished his Xmas shopping, except for one gift card. Congratulations to:
LittleWashu: Top 400 Experienced
VJF: 140,000 Medal Points
SCTE3: 8.00 Base Voting Power
Decky: Level 28
DiMono: 26,000 Saves
gamejunkie: 55,555 B/P
Chrausner: 10,000 Saves
SmashLuigiFan1: Level 18

I totally agree - they are demented in thinking that an increased amount of guns in the hands of the general public actually helps to lower gun crime. Statistically speaking, the more guns there are, the higher a chance that one is going to fall into the hands of someone who would be labelled as "unhinged"

That's what I heard as well, but nothing happened.

Still here...
I guess we have to wait until the start of the next day in Mexico, then.

Well, it's the 23rd here, so I guess it didn't end, after all. Jim Butcher said that his faith on the Final Doom is shaken, as this is his 7th Apocalypse...

At 12/21/12 06:39 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote: I've been through the first 12 books of the Dresden Files, so I'm getting to around the 5,000 page mark with that. Plus I'm a Discworld fan, which is tens of thousands of pages by now, with over 30 novels.
I feel slightly ashamed that haven't read either of those; what genre of books are they? I love series that you can spend a whole summer reading, you get so accustomed to immersing yourself in the story on a daily basis it's almost like you're living a second life. :P

They are both fantasy, though of very differing styles - Discworld is satirical in its portrayal of Victorian Britain, around the time of the Industrial Revolution. The Dresden Files is a crime fantasy series, focusing around a Wizard in Chicago - the only one who advertises in the Yellow Pages. I've been Reading Dresden for almost a year and I've nearly caught up to the publishing cycle. Look for Book Reviews in the Writing Forum, if you want to read my take on them...

At 12/22/12 09:05 AM, Odyssic wrote:
At 12/21/12 02:03 PM, Coop wrote: I quite like them.
Can't stand it, if I didn't make that clear. It is an easy save point as well, I refuse to vote high on it.

I still vote each one on their own merrits or flaws, as I perceive them.

At 12/22/12 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: Coop. I hope I was an inspiration to your friend.

No, sorry. Her nana named him Sky

Also, is their Sky blue?

Yes. She was not impressed when I pulled out my phone and started playing ELO's Mr. Blue Sky for her...

At 12/20/12 09:05 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wouldn't mind seeing it again soon. Hopefully I can find time to watch the LOTR extended trilogy sometime over Christmas.
Alongside to the planned extended trilogy watch, we did attempt to get the soundtrack but it was refunded due to it not being in stock. Ah well, there's plenty of time in the new year to hunt it down.

It's worth it, as is the soundtrack for Avatar.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge 2012-12-23 09:52:29

Listening to:

Tyr - How Far to Asgaard

At 12/22/12 12:02 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote:
At 12/21/12 11:20 PM, Bahamut wrote: First time I get in contact with gfox on Steam for over half a fucking year and I'm drunk as helllllllllllllll!
So, how many pints of Guinness does it take to get a dragon drunk, exactly?

Actually, I only had two pints of Guinness while the rest of the night was Stella and shots.

Anyway, tell him to spend a little more time around the BBS -I can only imagine how long his catch-up post would be at this point. :P

I've told him that a million fucking times so why would it even work now? It took him damn long enough to actually speak to me on Steam again.

At 12/22/12 06:19 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 12/22/12 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: I'll say that I'm happy to live in a country that doesn't allow the public to be able to carry guns. However, that doesn't excuse arresting someone just because they attacked someone who was attempting to burgle their house. At the end of the day, people in this country cannot be trusted with guns at all. If they were ever legalized, I imagine it will be chaos.
Yeah, self defense is something I can understand. But arming yourself, to "protect" you from someone who is armed as well is just silly.

You don't need a gun to protect yourself but this country sadly has the logic that to arrest someone for burglary, they must go through your house successfully and take whatever they find.

Well, we have to wait until the next day is over. Since some claimed the apocalypse will happen on 23rd. But we will be disappointed again.

Who even cares anymore?

I'm pretty sure the scientific predictions are right: When the sun explodes, the world will end. But this won't happen any time soon (in 4 billion years, I think).

I can accept that prediction but yeah, it's billions of years anyway so fuck it.

That's a given.

Now that I have my dragon character set up, maybe someone can do a commission for me. :P

Also, how can I watch new episodes if they aren't shown on Free TV? I won't get any Pay Per View TV channel just to watch that series.

Buy the box sets!

Still it's possible. Or how else could it be that the Daleks killed so many Time Lords?
"Exterminate!"

The Doctor is fucking amazing so you should never underestimate him.