00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Harry Potter Appreciation Club

23,775 Views | 303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 00:41:28

At 8/10/05 12:37 AM, TBF wrote: Just wanted to know if anyone plays Quidditch World Cup? I recently got it for the PC and love it, and have already won the cup with Ravenclaw and Slytherin, after I have done with Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, I'm gonna have a crack at the world cup and see just how good Krum really is. :)

I had that for PS2 back in Christmas 03'. It was pretty good. I played it and beat it with almost every team possible and traded it in.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 01:21:48

At 8/9/05 04:59 PM, DirtySyko wrote: I basically know the plot, but the fourth will be totally unknown to me.

It's a good thing that you are reading the books as well due to the fact that the movie only uses the key parts of the books. There is so much information that is usefull that is cutted out when making the movies.

By far I'd have to say that the sixth book is my favorite and yet most shocking.

************SPOILER FOR THE SIXTH BOOK***********

The way Dumbledore acted when drinking that potion to get the horocurx[the supposed to be Slytherin locket], it was pretty scary, terrifying perhaps. The way he acted and sounded like a child was most odd.

****************END SPOILER*********

About the Snape theory, sounds like it could match up but!, it doesn't really fit with what Snape did in the sixth book. His attitude alot of the times as well, just doesn't seem like he would be a person like that.

As far as the games go I have only one and played only one which is from the first book. The game was okay but I beat it in 2 hours. :*( Not to mention finding all those bloody cards was proving most difficult.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 01:43:06

At 8/10/05 01:21 AM, Leon-Belmont wrote:
It's a good thing that you are reading the books as well due to the fact that the movie only uses the key parts of the books. There is so much information that is usefull that is cutted out when making the movies.

Well, that's how any book to movie is. Then there are the ones that are total shit compared to the book -- Brave New World, is a good example. I read the book before I watched the movie. Once I saw the movie, I started feeling bad for Huxley, the author, because I know he would be embarrased by the shit movie that came from his amazing book.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 04:22:03

Well if it's neccessary this big.. :P

************SPOILER FOR THE FIFTH BOOK***********

At 8/9/05 06:06 PM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: So do I, it would have ben obvious to do. I also think that in the 5th book why did harry use the fireplace to talk to sirius when sirius gave him a mirror in the 4th book that he could use whenever to talk to him??? It is definately a mistake by J.K.

Im pretty sure Sirius gave it to him in the fifth book, that just makes more sense to me, but I can't remmember when/where he gave him.. Can you point out the chapter?
Oh and Harry shouldn't have broken it, I think.

Who does everybody think that R.A.B is? A known or a new character?

My fav book is the following. It has been like this since the beginning :)

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 08:21:19

At 8/10/05 04:22 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Im pretty sure Sirius gave it to him in the fifth book, that just makes more sense to me, but I can't remmember when/where he gave him.. Can you point out the chapter?

Ohh, it mighta been the 5th, now I remeber it was right before he went back to Hogwarts while he was staying at 12 Grimmauld place.

I just have the biggest feelin it is definately Regulus Black(Sirius's brother). Everything just matches up to it, it is way too obvious for some reason but maybe J.K wants us to think it is him but I highly doubt it.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 08:30:27

At 8/10/05 08:21 AM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: I just have the biggest feelin it is definately Regulus Black(Sirius's brother). Everything just matches up to it, it is way too obvious for some reason but maybe J.K wants us to think it is him but I highly doubt it.

Well I didn't suspect in Snape as the prince at all, and look what happend ;)
I don't doubt it too much, because it was obvies that J.K. wanted us to think that Lilly is the prince(ss) ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 08:39:10

Cool harry potter rules, can i join please please please?

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 08:41:04

Well I didn't suspect in Snape as the prince at all, and look what happend ;)
I don't doubt it too much, because it was obvies that J.K. wanted us to think that Lilly is the prince(ss) ;)

But I mean all the info's there.I mean he was trying to leave the death eaters and was killed my lv. maybe he did that to get back at him before he died. another is they found a locket in book 6 that was unopenable in 12 grimmauld place. i have a feeling that locket is the real horcrux. i think regulus was killed before he was able to destroy it. i think he put it in 12 grimmauld place cause he knew the Dark Lord wouldnt find it there. and I mean who else has the r.b initials( we dont know what the a is yet)??? I mean it all adds up.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 08:49:03

At 8/10/05 04:22 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Well if it's neccessary this big.. :P

At 8/9/05 06:06 PM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: So do I, it would have ben obvious to do. I also think that in the 5th book why did harry use the fireplace to talk to sirius when sirius gave him a mirror in the 4th book that he could use whenever to talk to him??? It is definately a mistake by J.K.
Im pretty sure Sirius gave it to him in the fifth book, that just makes more sense to me, but I can't remmember when/where he gave him.. Can you point out the chapter?

Everyone is saying its Regulus Black. Freakapotimus remembered something interesting. Rmember in the 6th book when they were cleaning out Sirus's house and they found an unopenable locket? Maybe Regulus destroyed it before dying himself.

Also on the note beside the fake locket RAB called voldemort "the dark lord" only death eaters called him that. Was Regulus a death eater? Yes he was..

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 09:01:14

At 8/10/05 08:39 AM, Anti_neopets9000 wrote: Cool harry potter rules, can i join please please please?

For you and anyone else who keeps asking. You can join. You dont have to ask for permission, as long as you have something to contribute, then you are totally welcome. :)

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 09:21:33

******SIXTH BOOK SPOILERS*******

At 8/10/05 08:41 AM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: At 8/10/05 08:49 AM, VirginLungs wrote:

"I face death in the hope that when you meet your match,
you will be mortal once more."

That's what R.A.B wrote.
I think whoever wrote it, whether it was Regulus or not, he was good, because he found Voldemort's secret and destroyed it, and hoped for him to be mortal, when he (Voldemort) will face Harry once and for all.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 10:19:34

At 8/10/05 09:21 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: I think whoever wrote it, whether it was Regulus or not, he was good, because he found Voldemort's secret and destroyed it, and hoped for him to be mortal, when he (Voldemort) will face Harry once and for all.

Actually he didnt destroy it, I have a feeling he died before he got the chance to destroy it. I have a feeling harry will remember it in the 7th book. Also, I have a theory how he died he must have had to get into the cave and into where they kept the locket so he could put a phony in their. He must've had someonew with him so he could drink the serum, to get through to the room in the cave where it was in like Dumbledore had harry. I also think he died then and then the person who was with him took the locket and left the phony in their. I also have a feeling that the person he was with was Sirus. In the 5th book when harry asks sirius some questions on how regulus died he stutters and is very hasty to get off the subject.

If anyone can find the page in the 5th book about the locket please post it, I would like to study on it a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 10:22:04

At 8/9/05 02:35 PM, TBF wrote: I have been eating Bertie Botts all morning, and I have to say that eating a rotten egg flavor right after you eat a sardine and an earthworm flavor, does not come recommended, it leaves a really nasty taste in yout mouth. :P

I actually like the grass and eartworm flavor... >_<

I need a new sig and stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 11:06:36

Does anyone know how many books there will be? I think there will be 8? The 7th one with him Killing the horcrux's, then The 8th one with the Final battle and Harry's return to Hogwarts as a Teacher. (Probably Defense against dark arts).

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 16:05:23

At 8/10/05 04:22 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:

Serius gave Harry the two way mirror in the 5th book after leaving Number 12 Girmuald Palace. Harry forgot all about it until the end after Serius died.

At 8/10/05 11:06 AM, DAVE wrote: Does anyone know how many books there will be? I think there will be 8? The 7th one with him Killing the horcrux's, then The 8th one with the Final battle and Harry's return to Hogwarts as a Teacher. (Probably Defense against dark arts).

From what I've heard J.K.R. say, she is only going to make 7 books. But I doubt it, probably will have more than that, 9 or 10 in the series.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 16:09:50

BEWARE OF NERD TOPIC

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-10 22:46:21

At 8/10/05 04:09 PM, HuIk wrote: BEWARE OF NERD TOPIC

'Error - you cannot ban another user who has administrative privileges. Only the super admins can do that.'

Damn you Hulk, DAMN YOU for spamming up my club.

Come back when you have read the books. :P

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-11 10:44:09

Probably old but any way, In the 6th book how olivander goes missing, and they dont know if he is death eater or not, i am sure he is a death eater because in the first book he sounds like he is in awe of Voldemort and only hastily adds "done great things, evil, but great" also to the guy that said harry was the horocrux it is impossible as harry would have to kill himself and the prophecy states that one has to live, and obviously harry will win.
#########################SPOILER##########
######################
I am also certain that dumbledore wasn't pleading for his life but pleading for Snapes as dumby believed in him so much that he thought snape had reformed.

...Kilroy was here

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-11 10:51:53

At 8/11/05 10:44 AM, Parralax wrote:
I am also certain that dumbledore wasn't pleading for his life but pleading for Snapes as dumby believed in him so much that he thought snape had reformed.

no. he was begging because he didnt believe snape was on voldemorts side. he thought snape was a close friend and didnt believe he would actually kill him. something like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-11 11:14:40

Well that's the same thing...

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-11 11:31:11

At 8/11/05 11:14 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Well that's the same thing...

oh.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-11 11:37:08

At 8/11/05 10:51 AM, fullmetalalchemist11 wrote: no. he was begging because he didnt believe snape was on voldemorts side. he thought snape was a close friend and didnt believe he would actually kill him. something like that.

But Dumbledore said he wasn't afraid of death himself so why would he beg for his life.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-11 12:40:38

At 8/11/05 11:37 AM, DarkDeviL92 wrote:
But Dumbledore said he wasn't afraid of death himself so why would he beg for his life.

What if he's not really Dumbledore?

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-11 12:45:13

At 8/11/05 12:40 PM, TBF wrote: What if he's not really Dumbledore?

Please explain this theory I dont understand.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-12 13:32:59

This is my theory I have been thinkin about:

I think Dumbledore could be an animagus. I think he can transform into a phoenix. Think about it. Dumbledore's pet is a phoenix. His group to fight Voldemort is called The Order of the Phoenix.

Well, with all of that in mind, I think Dumbledore is NOT dead. However, for the sake of argument, that's just say that Snape did kill Dumbledore. Right after Snape kills Dumbledore, Faux flies over Dumbledore's body and cries. Remember that phoenix tears have healing powers. I think Faux's tears healed Dumbledore's body somewhat. Since Dumbledore is not a fully fledged phoenix, I don't think he can immediately die, flame up, and be reborn from his ashes. I think he needs some help in order to do all that. I think Faux's tears help Dumbledore's body to eventually flame up and be reborn. So at the funeral, when Dumbledore's body suddenly flames up, I think he is reborn from the ashes. I also think that he transforms himself into a phoenix, and flies away. Remember that Harry thought he saw a phoenix fly away from the smoke.

So technically, Snape did kill Dumbledore fulfilling his unbreakable vow. However, Dumbledore is NOT dead because he was reborn from his own ashes.

Well, what do you all think about my theory?

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-13 16:01:02

guys check this book out tha this guy made for the 7th book, it is quite interesting

Fake Book 7

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-13 16:33:18

*****SPOILER******

I don't think Dumbledore is dead, otherwise the portrait would've spoken.
Snape made the Unbreakable Vow to protect Draco. Not aid him, but protect him. Big difference. Voldemort doesn't look kindly on half-bloods, and I think Snape realised that he could never be a true follower of Voldemort's, and is trying to work behind the scenes to help the Wizarding world get rid of him.

******END SPOILER******

*biew biew*

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-13 17:03:06

Hah! I'd like to join. I got put in Ravenclaw!
I've read all the books, 6th book, in english. (I'm dutch so that's quite an achievement :P)
Anyways, I think the books are great :D.
Harry Potter and the half blood prince, is the best yet :D

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-13 17:39:03

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-13 18:11:00

At 8/13/05 05:39 PM, ChairAttackBitch wrote: http://www.newground..m/portal/view/252505

harry potter fan movie

Lolzerz! Not much Harry Potter but more clocks, although I did see an image of the sixth book lol.

BBS Signature