00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Harry Potter Appreciation Club

23,736 Views | 303 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-13 18:35:21

Haha, quite funny. But short.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-14 04:49:33

At 8/13/05 06:48 PM, RecordClock wrote: Can i join?

:D yeah you're welcome.

You dont have to ask, just contribute.

Which is something I havent done much of yet, sorry guys. I have a lot going on right now, but will start throwing ideas and theories around when I get things sorted in RL.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-29 10:49:17

At 8/9/05 05:16 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: I think that Harry should have tried talking to the picture of Dambledore on McGongal's office, I just can't understand why he didn't..

Remember what Dumbledore said in CoS: "You will find that I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."

POSSIBLE SPOLIER

I think Harry will go back to Hogwarts in Book 7, maybe not for classes, but to talk to the portrait and ask for help. There are many at Hogwarts still loyal to Dumbledore, students and teachers, so he hasn't truly left the school. However, I do believe that yes, he is indeed dead.
At 8/9/05 07:43 PM, Bob_The_Dark_One wrote: And is Harry still short-tempered in book 6?

Oh, you mean like OOP angry-caps-lock Harry? LOL

At 8/9/05 11:18 PM, Maus wrote: Ravenclaw.

w00t w00t

I also make a mean Keeper, even better than Ron when he isn't frazzled. :)

I'm an excellent Beater. Now we just need the rest of the team.

At 8/10/05 08:30 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: ************SPOILER FOR THE SIXTH BOOK***********
I don't doubt it too much, because it was obvies that J.K. wanted us to think that Lilly is the prince(ss) ;)
****************END SPOILER*********

POSSIBLE HBP SPOLIER

It's obvious to me that there was something going on between Snape and Lily. They may not have been dating, but HBP clearly points to some sort of relationship between them. Until now, we've heard that Lily was skilled in Charms and her wand was excellent for charm work. In HBP, many times after Harry follows the notes in his potions book, Slughorn comments that he was just like his mother, or that it was something his mother would have done.

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-29 18:20:52

AWESOME a Harry Potter club! I needed something like this... can I join?
:D

Oh, and I got sorted into Ravenclaw. :)

......And if you're like, "ehhh, that GT is not a fan"....

I have all the Harry Potter books. I have a Quidditch shirt on my wall. I find myself constantly trying to explain the books to people. I go to Mugglenet.com everyday... I'm a part of the chat - I'm usually in Hogsmeade...

Okay, that's about it.

Can I join? :D

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-30 15:27:07

You don't need to ask, just contribute.

I went to a party last night at a comic/toy shop and they had a whole corner of HP stuff. I wanted to get a broom but didn't have $75 :\ They had school scarves, but their Ravenclaw ones were blue and silver PFT. >:(

Quote of the day: @Nysssa "What is the word I want to use here?" @freakapotimus "Taint".

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-30 15:55:28

I stood in line for the Half Blood Prince at midnight this year, and they were selling stuff... mannn, I wanted some other things sooo bad, lol.

Which book is your favourite?

Mine's probably Goblet of Fire. Speaking of which, I hope they don't ass rape that movie, although they already did...
There's no Sirius Black in it. Only his head in the Gryffindor Fire..

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-30 17:44:15

I can't believe I've missed this! I'm definately in! By the way, I was sorted to Ravenclaw. The questions were a bit obvious, though.

SPOILERS (HP5, HP6) in this post from this point on.

At 8/9/05 12:57 PM, TBF wrote: Did anyone else notice how Dumbledore almost always seems to end up leading Harry right to Voldemort? I dont think Dumbledore or Snape are really who we think they are.

Are you suggesting Dumbledore's evil? The evidence against that theory is overwhelming. He has saved Harry's life so many times. It was Dumbledore who insisted that Harry must remain with his Muggle relatives, thus giving him a shield from Voldemort's wrath, since he is protected by his own blood. Also, was it not Dumbledore who appeared in the Ministry and saved Harry's life when Voldemort tried to use the Avada Kedavra curse against him?

On the other hand, I think you're absolutely right about Snape. There's no way he can be a real Death Eater, or loyal to Voldemort. He has saved Harry's life many times, too. The fact that he killed Dumbledore can be explained fairly easily: Dumbledore sacrificed himself. He ordered Snape to kill him. There's plenty of support for this theory in The Half-Blood Prince. Firstly, when Malfoy arrived at the astronomy tower, Dumbledore seemed perfectly aware of what he was up to. There's no one else who could have told Dumbledore about the plan, except Snape, who wouldn't have done it unless he was loyal to him. Secondly, read the bit in chapter 19 where Hagrid tells Harry about the argument between Dumbledore and Snape:

'Well, I jus' heard Snape sayin' Dumbledore took too much fer granted an' maybe he - Snape - didn' wan' ter do it any more -'
'Do what?'
'I dunno, Harry, it sounded like Snape was feelin' a bit overworked, tha's all - anyway, Dumbledore told him flat out he'd agreed to do it an' that was all there was to it. Pretty firm with him.

As far as I'm concerned, Snape was feeling reluctant to kill Dumbledore, and in the end, Dumbledore is pleading to Snape to carry on with the plan and kill him. You might ask why Dumbledore would want to sacrifice himself. That's because in the bigger picture, it was the wisest thing to do. Now Voldemort trusts Snape more than anyone. He might even make him the Secret Keeper of his whereabouts. If this is the case, Snape could tell Harry where to find Voldemort in the end (assuming Harry won't try to kill Snape first). Furthermore, Dumbledore managed to confess to Malfoy that he could have had him killed any time to save his own life, but he didn't want to do it. Now Malfoy must feel that he owes his life to Dumbledore. This way, Dumbledore made sure that Voldemort has two people on his side that are likely to betray him. And somehow, Dumbledore must have felt he could help Harry more in death than alive. Kind of like Obi-Wan in Star Wars.

Another theory that I've been toying around with in my mind is the possibility of Dumbledore having a Horcrux. It seems unlikely though, considering that according to the book it's very dark magic, and probably something Dumbledore wouldn't want to have anything to do with. But it's possible. Dumbledore is ready to do whatever it takes to defeat Voldemort. The fact that he killed a dark wizard called Grindelwald (HP1) in the past would enable him to make a Horcrux. This Horcrux could be Fawkes the phoenix (an immortal Horcrux, how clever!). However, I doubt it, and I'm not sure I'd like it. Dumbledore's sacrifice would be meaningless if he could come back alive.

Sorry for the lengthy and slightly nerdy post :)

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-30 18:29:24

At 8/30/05 05:44 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote: As far as I'm concerned, Snape was feeling reluctant to kill Dumbledore, and in the end, Dumbledore is pleading to Snape to carry on with the plan and kill him. You might ask why Dumbledore would want to sacrifice himself. That's because in the bigger picture, it was the wisest thing to do. Now Voldemort trusts Snape more than anyone. He might even make him the Secret Keeper of his whereabouts. If this is the case, Snape could tell Harry where to find Voldemort in the end (assuming Harry won't try to kill Snape first

I never looked at it that way. Some times I can be pretty narrow minded. I was hoping harry would get him with that one spell from the pinces potion book. you know, the one that maimed malfoy.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-31 22:52:31

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-08-31 22:53:45

At 8/30/05 06:29 PM, MasterStalker wrote: I never looked at it that way. Some times I can be pretty narrow minded. I was hoping harry would get him with that one spell from the pinces potion book. you know, the one that maimed malfoy.

The sectumsemphra spell, he tried to hit him with it but snape blocked it, pretty much snape blocked everything lol!

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-01 09:40:11

At 8/30/05 05:44 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote: And somehow, Dumbledore must have felt he could help Harry more in death than alive. Kind of like Obi-Wan in Star Wars.

SPOILER (BOOK 6)

This is part of the reason that I think that Dumbledore is really dead. It's the classic hero story, where the mentor needs to die in order for the hero to achieve his goals. It's like that in SW and it's seen throughout literature.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-01 13:50:33

yall wanna know something funny?

my mum thinks snapes still
"or ever was "
a good guy..

when she said this i stared at her with a dumbstruck face for what seemed to be along time
she's an idiot : )

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-01 13:54:35

At 9/1/05 01:50 PM, squirlly_wrath wrote: she's an idiot : )

Yeh well, so are you.
For 2 reasons:
1. You seem to have problems with people developing their own theory.
2. You're mom is an idiot, so you're at least 50% idiot, assuming your dad is an idiot by fucking your idiot mom makes you 100% idiot :)

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-01 19:08:58

At 8/31/05 10:53 PM, DarkDeviL92 wrote:
At 8/30/05 06:29 PM, MasterStalker wrote: I never looked at it that way. Some times I can be pretty narrow minded. I was hoping harry would get him with that one spell from the pinces potion book. you know, the one that maimed malfoy.
The sectumsemphra spell, he tried to hit him with it but snape blocked it, pretty much snape blocked everything lol!

Well of course. Snape's a talented wizard.. he's not going to lose a duel with a 16-year-old boy who is driven by anger. Also, he created that spell. It would be kind of dumb if he didn't block it. He's always seemed on his toes about things... the dueling club... the order... this incident where he unveils the truth about the Half-Blood Prince.

I never knew he was half-blood. Either that or I don't remember. I'm surprised in OoTP when he was teaching Harry Occlumency, Harry didn't see him scribbling in a notebook..

Maybe that was one of the dreams he extracted from his mind and put into the pensieve.

I'm over thinking this... there has to have been clues. JK Rowling said that this book was the original name for the Chamber of Secrets, but I don't see anything in there that suggests anything about Snape. Unless... he is/was a part of Tom Riddle's plan to unleash the basilisk on the muggle-borns.
O.o

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-01 19:42:07

At 9/1/05 07:08 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: I'm over thinking this... there has to have been clues. JK Rowling said that this book was the original name for the Chamber of Secrets, but I don't see anything in there that suggests anything about Snape. Unless... he is/was a part of Tom Riddle's plan to unleash the basilisk on the muggle-borns.
O.o

That is a very good theory, i will have to research that now lol! But I still think that snape is good and dumbledore knew about what happened

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-01 21:36:39

At 9/1/05 07:42 PM, DarkDeviL92 wrote:
At 9/1/05 07:08 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: I'm over thinking this... there has to have been clues. JK Rowling said that this book was the original name for the Chamber of Secrets, but I don't see anything in there that suggests anything about Snape. Unless... he is/was a part of Tom Riddle's plan to unleash the basilisk on the muggle-borns.
O.o
That is a very good theory, i will have to research that now lol! But I still think that snape is good and dumbledore knew about what happened

There are many theories... I'm sort of lean toward the whole evil thing... remember when he was screaming "I'M THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE" etc at Harry? He has evil tendencies, no denying that, but who knows what he could be up to. I think he will have an important role in the next book. Like, really important. Maybe he's a horcrux? A lot of people in Mugglenet Chat think so. Or that Harry, himself is one. We'll just have to wait and see.

Oh and doesn't it suck that they [harry and dumbledore] weren't in time to retrieve the horcrux from the cave?

I wonder who stole it.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-01 22:58:15

At 9/1/05 09:36 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: I wonder who stole it.

everyone knows, R.A.B regulus black, sirius' brother

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-02 02:55:18

At 9/1/05 10:58 PM, -DarkDeviL- wrote: everyone knows, R.A.B regulus black, sirius' brother

Why would everyone be sure of that? That's not so Rollingish...

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-02 03:05:50

At 9/2/05 02:55 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
At 9/1/05 10:58 PM, -DarkDeviL- wrote: everyone knows, R.A.B regulus black, sirius' brother
Why would everyone be sure of that? That's not so Rollingish...

who else could it be, for now it is the prime suspect

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-03 14:06:36

At 9/1/05 10:58 PM, -DarkDeviL- wrote:
At 9/1/05 09:36 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: I wonder who stole it.
everyone knows, R.A.B regulus black, sirius' brother

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I wonder what role he'll play in the next book.

Oh man, you guys have to watch the international trailer for Goblet of Fire. I got goosebumps. It was so amazing.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-03 14:21:04

At 9/3/05 02:06 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: Oh man, you guys have to watch the international trailer for Goblet of Fire. I got goosebumps. It was so amazing.

Where can I find the trailer?

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-03 14:46:07

At 9/3/05 02:21 PM, Yoow wrote: Where can I find the trailer?

right here

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-09 18:42:32

At 9/3/05 02:46 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: right here

That actually looks pretty good! I've only seen two Harry Potter movies, the first and the third ones. They're not as bad as everyone calls them, but it bugs me a little that they have to leave so much of what was in the books out of the movies. I don't like all of the actors, though, Daniel Radcliffe, for instance. But I think Alan Rickman really does justice to the character of Snape.

Incidentally, who are you-all's favourite characters in the series? I personally am particularly attached to two people: Snape and Dumbledore. They're both intriguing in many ways, plus they shoot some of the most hilarious remarks in the books. <SPOILER> One of the reasons why I'm hanging so desperately on to my theory of Snape being a good guy after all, is because I really like him! If he was really loyal to Voldemort, I'd find it more unsettling than Dumbledore being dead. I don't really mind Dumbledore's death that much (anymore). The seventh book will be the last one anyway, and it's not as if we're not going to hear anything from him in it (e.g in the Pensieve, Harry finding old letters from him, him speaking from his portrait etc).
</SPOILER>

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-09 23:29:52

So i dont want to read all those long ass posts so heres my 2 cents... If Harry is so bummed out about Dumbledore dying couldnt he use that egg-timer thing Hermione was using when she had to take 2 classes at the same time?

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-10 15:15:59

At 9/9/05 11:29 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: So i dont want to read all those long ass posts so heres my 2 cents... If Harry is so bummed out about Dumbledore dying couldnt he use that egg-timer thing Hermione was using when she had to take 2 classes at the same time?

Harry and his friends smashed the entire stock of Time Turners when they were in the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic. That was in Book 5. Besides, there would be too many risks involved with using a Time Turner. In the third book, it was Dumbledore's call that they should use it, and Harry and Hermione trusted his judgement.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-11 02:08:10

I just finished the 6th book a few hours ago. Now I can discuss things.

At 8/30/05 05:44 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote:
Another theory that I've been toying around with in my mind is the possibility of Dumbledore having a Horcrux. It seems unlikely though, considering that according to the book it's very dark magic, and probably something Dumbledore wouldn't want to have anything to do with. But it's possible. Dumbledore is ready to do whatever it takes to defeat Voldemort. The fact that he killed a dark wizard called Grindelwald (HP1) in the past would enable him to make a Horcrux. This Horcrux could be Fawkes the phoenix (an immortal Horcrux, how clever!). However, I doubt it, and I'm not sure I'd like it. Dumbledore's sacrifice would be meaningless if he could come back alive.

I was also going to mention this, that perhaps Dumbledore has a Horcrux as well. I didn't think it would be Fawkes, I wasn't sure what it could be. But another crazy theory I thought of was maybe Dumbledore has imbedded himself into Snape's body, much like Voldemort did with Quarrell. I really, really doubt this would be it, but it's a theory nonetheless. I think if he did make Snape his horcrux, and is living in his body, then in the 7th book Harry will come to a point where he is close to killing Snape, and Dumbledore will reveal himself.

But I agree much more with Dumbledore being reborn from the ashes when he lit on fire, and the Phoenix came out, and then the theory that Dumbledore was asking Snape to kill not, not begging him to spare his life.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-11 16:56:34

At 9/11/05 02:08 AM, DirtySyko wrote:
I was also going to mention this, that perhaps Dumbledore has a Horcrux as well. I didn't think it would be Fawkes, I wasn't sure what it could be. But another crazy theory I thought of was maybe Dumbledore has imbedded himself into Snape's body, much like Voldemort did with Quarrell. I really, really doubt this would be it, but it's a theory nonetheless. I think if he did make Snape his horcrux, and is living in his body, then in the 7th book Harry will come to a point where he is close to killing Snape, and Dumbledore will reveal himself.

But I agree much more with Dumbledore being reborn from the ashes when he lit on fire, and the Phoenix came out, and then the theory that Dumbledore was asking Snape to kill not, not begging him to spare his life.

I personally don't think that Dumbledore is a horcrux... my guesses are on Harry being one. Fawkes... ehhh, I don't think so...

I think that Dumbledore isn't a Horcrux... more of that he may have one... I mean, come on, his patronus is a phoenix...

I don't know where I was going with that.

But then again, what about "To an organized mind, death is the next great adventure"? He might really be dead.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-12 11:29:26

Book 6 spoilers:

At 9/11/05 04:56 PM, GanonsTriforce wrote: I personally don't think that Dumbledore is a horcrux... my guesses are on Harry being one. Fawkes... ehhh, I don't think so...

Wow dudes, this been done for like 10 thousand times on an Israeli HP forum about the books....

Dumbledore is dead, you have the portiat proof on McGonnagl's office, and so Voldemort wouldn't send out Draco to kill his Horcrux... Also Voldemort wouldn't want to kill Harry as a Horocrux. Besides, we get specific details on Harry and Voldemort's meetings and Voldemort does not kill .... and puts an unknown curse on Harry. Touching Harry only won't do the trick (book 4 cemetary)...

One funny thing I think that I thought of, is that the Defense Against the Dark Arts root is the 7th Horocrux :D
But Voldemort's left ear is pretty funny too...
(yes this means to say that people are throwing Hs ideas out of nowhere, like, anything can be a Horocrux that's just crazy talk :P)

-

So what do you think about the potion Dumbledore drank?
Do you think R.A.B. put it or Voldemort? What's it's purposes? What does it do?

BBS Signature

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-12 12:41:45

At 9/12/05 11:29 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Do you think R.A.B. put it or Voldemort?

I think Voldemort originally put it in there. The basin must have refilled automatically after R.A.B. somehow managed to steal the real Horcrux.

What's it's purposes? What does it do?

You mean, what did Dumbledore see or experience when he drank it? It must have been some kind of hallucinogenic substance that took Dumbledore on a VERY bad trip =P

Anyway, the point was to make the person who drank it drink the water too, which would awaken the Inferi. We can only guess how it actually works.

Response to Harry Potter Appreciation Club 2005-09-16 02:41:14

At 9/12/05 12:41 PM, Aapo_Joki wrote: I think Voldemort originally put it in there. The basin must have refilled automatically after R.A.B. somehow managed to steal the real Horcrux.

ok than.

You mean, what did Dumbledore see or experience when he drank it? It must have been some kind of hallucinogenic substance that took Dumbledore on a VERY bad trip =P

lol ok we'll see..

Anyway, the point was to make the person who drank it drink the water too, which would awaken the Inferi. We can only guess how it actually works.

watch NOW.

BBS Signature