00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

664,124 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-09 07:52:35

I need some help with FL Studio. I have version 7 and have recently started using it and even though I am comfortable with its settings one thing about the playlist keeps bothering me. I have an instrument on pattern #1 and when I go to add a different instrument on pattern #2 the first pattern also changes. How can I fix this?

"Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can" - John Wesley (1703-1791)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-09 18:27:14

In what way does pattern 1 change?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-10 19:01:20

At 1/8/08 08:40 PM, Envy wrote:
At 1/8/08 05:04 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: I just recently got the FLStudio demo, and I was wondering, which one of those folders contain every instrument found from 1:01 to 1:26.
Yep, B0unc3 uses outside Vst's...

Ok, now with that huuuuge instrument library, where do I find those exact instruments?

Well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter ;) | PM me whether you like me or hate me. 52 like | 17 hate

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-10 19:21:08

At 1/10/08 07:01 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: Ok, now with that huuuuge instrument library, where do I find those exact instruments?

Do you mean VSTs or samples? The better VSTs and samples you have to pay for, the less quality-intensive ones you can find for free.

Google yields interesting results for either.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-13 01:13:21

Does anyone know an expander/Gate plugin for fl studio 7

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-13 12:22:43

i am using FL Studio 7 and in need of help .can someone help me in any way

I love poetry. Im peaceful. I don't like hurting people, so don't hurt me, or I will hurt you. Don't judge me for what I say, judge me for what I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-13 12:25:13

That's what this thread is for.

In order to help you, we need to know whats wrong first. So ask away!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-13 15:17:20

next to the play button there is a pat and song key . with the song key what does it do and how do i swich of the loop of on the pat mode

I love poetry. Im peaceful. I don't like hurting people, so don't hurt me, or I will hurt you. Don't judge me for what I say, judge me for what I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-13 16:18:34

The song button means when you hit the play button... it plays the song that's placed in the playlist...

Whereas the pat button plays the current pattern you have selected.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-14 01:21:31

At 1/9/08 07:52 AM, Twilight-demon wrote: I need some help with FL Studio. I have version 7 and have recently started using it and even though I am comfortable with its settings one thing about the playlist keeps bothering me. I have an instrument on pattern #1 and when I go to add a different instrument on pattern #2 the first pattern also changes. How can I fix this?

That doesn't explain much, try being more specific please. Are you sure you're opening a new instrument instead of replacing it?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-14 07:12:09

For Gates, Expanders, Limiters and Compressors I use a wide variety of VSTs, including the actual FL Multiband (though usually only for simple or veen mastering compression). BlockFish, FloorFish, and SpitFish are a good set for ease of use and they produce some good toning and warmth. But I also interchange Endorphin and Dominion for various modelling tasks, as both have their place in the scheme of things too. And let's not ever forget UltraFunk FX whole set of VST FX, including it's compressor setup. Wow...without UltraFunk I'd be lost sometimes.

As for VSTi's from various artists, if you like someone's instruments, send them a PM asking what they used. Most of the Audio Portal musicians, I'm sure, wouldn't mind giving you a list of their VSTis, and if they're freeware or shareware VSTis, some might even shuttle one or two to you or at least point you to where they dl'ed them. As for samples, some people use sample packs, some use soundfonts, and some of us find great breakbeats or solos and chop them up into our own sample packs. So, it's a mixed bag as to how someone got their sound and I've known some people who guarded their sample secrets pretty closely.

Hope that helps with the compression and VST question.

Peace

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-14 15:30:04

I haven't really messed with Send channels much and I know a lot of good producers use them so I was going to try and learn a few things. I think its like a generic mixer track that you can put on any track sorta right? Like if you put a reverb on Send 1 , you could apply it to a few different instruments or samples and they would still retain their individual mixer tracks yeah? Well I have no idea how to do this so if anyone could inform me or link me to somewhere that'd be great.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-14 20:13:18

Its been asked a trillion times, but can anybody assist me in making the "slayer guitar" sound at least listenable?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-14 20:17:33

At 1/14/08 08:13 PM, Gore-Hound wrote: Its been asked a trillion times, but can anybody assist me in making the "slayer guitar" sound at least listenable?

Gore, If no one can help you. ( I Wish I can )
You could try youtubeing a tutorial on how to make a "Listenable sound with slayer guitar".

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-14 20:57:03

At 1/14/08 08:13 PM, Gore-Hound wrote: Its been asked a trillion times, but can anybody assist me in making the "slayer guitar" sound at least listenable?

Doesn't exist. Slayer 2 is what you'd need to get something half decent.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-15 18:10:40

I just started using FL, the problem is so far is with the piano roll, sometimes when I make a riff with a series of different notes, it sounds fine then a second later it starts going through the riff but only one note is played for all the other notes, I must be doing something wrong like activating a hotkey or something so how do I go about this?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-16 11:36:41

Odd.
Out of nowhere, when I play my song through FL studio, the tempo first changes to 250, and after some time, it changes to 371.
This only happens when I play the song, and not the pattern.

When I play the pattern, however, it plays at 257.

But...
I didn't click anything.
Or at least nothing I know about.

When I change the tempo mid-song, it stays the same, and when the song repeats, it also stays the same.
I saved it at 140 BPM, and it stays that way when I open it, but when I press play, IT CHANGES YET AGAIN.

/wrist

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-16 13:49:16

Superflonic: Are you ReWire'd to another program, like Reason or something else? Because the ReWire options include a "Sync to" check to sync tempo. Otherwise, that problem sounds like something quirky with your program. If it's the demo, I dunno. If you downloaded a cracked version, it could be part of the crack. Check with Image-line if it's not cracked, otherwise I'm afraid you're SoL if it is.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-16 15:31:50

At 1/16/08 01:49 PM, InGenius wrote: Superflonic

No, I'm not using it as a ReWire client and no, It's not cracked, it's an official FL7.

Weird thing is, I changed the tempo to 140 and right clicked tempo>Init song with this position.
Through that I was able to play the song normally, but after the 8th bar, it started to play, ON TEMPO 10.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-16 15:55:23

Sometimes you might have accidentally hit the record button and changed the tmpo without knowing about it. Create an automation clip for 140 bpm, and put it wherever it usually changes, that should override the auto change.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-16 19:26:25

Hey SuperFlonic.
You might want to check if you dont have any patterns with undesired automation.
On the FL browser click on "Current Project" and then "Automation", check your song patterns, you may have accidentally recorded an automation. If you find one just delete it and it should solve your problem.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-17 03:35:15

Anyone think they can reply to my post, knowing the trouble?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-17 15:48:33

At 1/15/08 06:10 PM, BallisticReport wrote: I just started using FL, the problem is so far is with the piano roll, sometimes when I make a riff with a series of different notes, it sounds fine then a second later it starts going through the riff but only one note is played for all the other notes, I must be doing something wrong like activating a hotkey or something so how do I go about this?

Hi Ballsy

Not totally sure what to make from this post, sorry man!
I don't think I'm alone on that though (hence the flurry of responses you've received)

But...

If you're still having this problem, maybe it'll help if you post some screenshots, showing what you see.

I have suspicions, as to what the problem is that you're experiencing, but to narrow it down, I feel it may help with some more information, from you!

Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-17 18:46:41

At 1/13/08 01:13 AM, bobthepickle2000 wrote: Does anyone know an expander/Gate plugin for fl studio 7

For gating pads and leads and such, Love Philter works good.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-18 17:51:46

I'm REALLY new to the program and want to make a song. I tried playing with it but having some trouble.
In those littlle rectangles that you can highlight, how can you change the note?

How can you add more rectangles?

How do you record it?

im doing the free version

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-18 19:00:29

this is kind of hard to explain, but when i'm using fpc, how do i get it to be in piano roll? when i do it even after i put it in piano roll, it still stays on the sequencer and has to be on even beats or it fucks up. it ruins it to the point where i just turn fl off because I can't get anything done.

help please?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-18 22:15:11

I'm kinda new to fruity loops and I cannot get it over 30 seconds long, also how do you save? lol?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-18 22:21:41

To change the note, right click on the box with the synth in it and select "send to piano roll"

To add more rectangles theres a little square with -- in it in the top left of the sequencer. Turn that up to however many rectangles you want.

To record hit the record button, but you're better off putting your channels into the playlist on the far right, and then exporting it.

Save is in the file menu... But You can't save in teh demo.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-18 22:23:14

At 1/18/08 07:00 PM, teh-RAWRR wrote: this is kind of hard to explain, but when i'm using fpc, how do i get it to be in piano roll? when i do it even after i put it in piano roll, it still stays on the sequencer and has to be on even beats or it fucks up. it ruins it to the point where i just turn fl off because I can't get anything done.

help please?

make your pattern THEN put it in piano roll? If it isn't even... Up top in the bar there will be a snap to "grid, line 1/2 beat 1/4 beat" etc. Select line, and it will automatically put the note on the nearest line, so it wont be offbeat.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-18 22:24:24

At 1/18/08 10:15 PM, D-Wahl wrote: I'm kinda new to fruity loops and I cannot get it over 30 seconds long, also how do you save? lol?

A song over 30 seconds long? Make patterns, put them in the playlist, lather on body, rinse, repeat.

You cant save with the demo, so... unless you have the full version of FL in which case you'd go up to file then hit save....

Wat