00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Psych3d3lia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,887 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-12 17:31:22

hi guys i was wondering if someone knows some good tutorials for fl
i've got some many stuf in my head but i cant get it into fl the way i want
and what is the best midi keyboard to start with that isn't to expensive :)
and is usable for fl

thx in advance

hellie

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-12 17:54:07

At 12/12/07 05:31 PM, hellie wrote: hi guys i was wondering if someone knows some good tutorials for fl
i've got some many stuf in my head but i cant get it into fl the way i want
and what is the best midi keyboard to start with that isn't to expensive :)
and is usable for fl

thx in advance

hellie

I found a tutorial on youtube. Check it out. NAVIJ11 has a tutorial too. It's here on newgrounds. It's pretty cool too. I'm not sure about midi's though.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-13 19:59:12

Suddenly, ALL of my outside Vsts no longer work... i was working on a song, I save the song, export it, and close FL, but when i reopen it and try to open the file it says "The fruity wrapper cannot be found."

So I figure I have to reput in my VSTs. But when i try and open a new vst in a new channel it simply opens the sampler... For EVERY one of my outside vsts this happens. It simply opens the sampler and nothing more.

Has anyone else had this problem, do you know how to fix it? I've tried re-installing my Vst's but I donno, I can understand one of them not working, but ALL of them? Everything else works except for outside VSTs

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-13 20:01:48

Disregard my last post... Just as suddenly as it happened, it started working again.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-13 21:59:23

I have two questions -

How do you guys (that do techno) get your songs to flow so smoothly, i use only the piano roll ( i dont know any other way ) to make my songs, but they always come out rought sounding. Thanks for any help

Second question - when i add a vst, where does it go, like.. Where can i go to in fl-studio to use it.

Thanks allot. If possible, pm me the answers since people post lots in this thread ;)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-13 23:17:23

When I click Plugin Presents, then VST, nothing drops down. When I go into my program files> FL7> Plugins> VST, its full of stuff. Im confused, what am i missing?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-13 23:56:29

At 12/13/07 11:17 PM, Gore-Hound wrote: When I click Plugin Presents, then VST, nothing drops down. When I go into my program files> FL7> Plugins> VST, its full of stuff. Im confused, what am i missing?

Ok, go to Options, then file settings. In there, there should be a section "VST plugins extra search folder" and if you have your VSTs in Program files > VstPlugins and check that the button links there.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-14 00:01:04

So I can even make a folder on my desktop, and just link it there and it should work?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-14 00:08:00

Yeah, it SHOULD work. If it doesn't, you may have a bigger problem =P

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-14 00:17:25

At 12/14/07 12:08 AM, WritersBlock wrote: Yeah, it SHOULD work. If it doesn't, you may have a bigger problem =P

What the hell....it doesnt work. I clock VST and it says Directory is empty!
This is a major pain in the ass and its holding me back from tons of things I have to do.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-14 00:22:58

Ok, go to channels, add one. And that list is empty? Go to more. Is that list also empty? Click refresh, fast scan (recommended). If your directions are correct, your vst's should show up on the list. Click the boxes for the ones you want so that an F appears there. Then you should have something pop up when you go to add a channel.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-15 00:57:28

Fruite Loop is great, but I'm more comfortable working with staff music interface than the bar & grid one for composition editing. My question is "are there any plugin for FL that supports staff music interface?"

Thanks

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-15 01:02:53

At 12/15/07 12:57 AM, kokoMonkey wrote: Fruite Loop is great, but I'm more comfortable working with staff music interface than the bar & grid one for composition editing. My question is "are there any plugin for FL that supports staff music interface?"

Thanks

As far as I know, there isn't, but there may be something outside my knowledge that works. However, if you're looking for notating out music, you're probably better off with programs like sibelius or guitar pro 5. The problem with those are that they're only really for notating music rather than producing music, so then I'd say that I don't know if any other music producing software notates its melodies in this way.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-15 01:36:56

Question regarding Edirol Orchestral and FL7:

I recently bought Edirol Orch and i'm wondering if there is a way to split the different channels in the piano roll? It seems when I open the VST I can only use the first instrument in edirol's list when I use the piano roll. This bugs me, because it leads me to believe I'll have to open a new VST for each instrument I want to use from Edirol.

Does anyone know how to work around this dilemma?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-17 14:05:45

I've been using Fruity Loops for a while now and I pretty much know how to do alot of things on there. But there is one problem I"m having now. I've started working with songs from my phantom, and everytime i extract a song and put it in fruity loops, I can never get the speed to adjust to Fruity Loops. I'm wondering how can I make this possible. I want to be able to add sounds that I have to that sample, and be able to adjust the tempo. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-17 14:09:49

use the fruity sampler instead of just importing a song if thats what your doing...

chip tune

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-17 15:57:49

At 12/15/07 01:36 AM, nal1200 wrote: Question regarding Edirol Orchestral and FL7:

I recently bought Edirol Orch and i'm wondering if there is a way to split the different channels in the piano roll? It seems when I open the VST I can only use the first instrument in edirol's list when I use the piano roll. This bugs me, because it leads me to believe I'll have to open a new VST for each instrument I want to use from Edirol.

Does anyone know how to work around this dilemma?

Take EDIROL and set its midi port to 0, then make Midi Out channels with midi ports of 0. You can now use the sixteen EDIROL channels in separate Midi Out channels.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-17 18:54:02

At 12/17/07 02:05 PM, ateam2240 wrote: I've been using Fruity Loops for a while now and I pretty much know how to do alot of things on there. But there is one problem I"m having now. I've started working with songs from my phantom, and everytime i extract a song and put it in fruity loops, I can never get the speed to adjust to Fruity Loops. I'm wondering how can I make this possible. I want to be able to add sounds that I have to that sample, and be able to adjust the tempo. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can try and put into its own channel, click on the channel, and the time stretch options are in the first tab (i forgot what it's called)

_=Give them your death, but take from them, EVERYTHING=_

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-17 19:48:17

At 12/17/07 06:54 PM, DJ-Prodigy wrote:
You can try and put into its own channel, click on the channel, and the time stretch options are in the first tab (i forgot what it's called)

Quicker and easier solution - fruity sampler, then import from sampler. done. Well of course yer going to have to cut it and stuff but I'll leave that up to you.

chip tune

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-12-18 16:21:55

eerr, i dont know if i actually ganna get an answer but i might aswell ask :)
if been dying to find out how those 'hardstylers' make there kicks.
but not normal kicks ( cuz there loads of samples and its not that hard to make ur own) but its one of those kicks that actually move with the bass. you know where im heading to? the kick goes up and down like in notes. so it being used as a bass. so far i know headhunterz noisecontrollerz and such use them and i just love that kick :D i know its make-able in fl without some sort of sample. but if there is some sort of plugin, that will help also!
* not much hardstyler lovers out here, so i think i wont get an answer, but never shot is always a miss! *

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-01 14:34:57

How do i use the guitar plugin on fruity loops cus i cant seem to find it....

and if i have a wav sample how would i make it play all as one like how i put it in instead of splliting it up.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-05 12:16:23

This seems to be a great resource for FL info.

My question is this:

How do you fix plugin errors in a 'corrupt' FLP file? I was working and tried to load a heavy-ish compressor into the fx mixer, causing FL (7.0) to crash. Now when I try to open that file (it wouldnt save after the crash btw) i get a message telling me either my FLP file is corrupt, or there is a problem with a plugin and it cant be opened. Can I just get rid of the plugin somehow and gain access to the FLP file? It had been saved only moments before all of this calamity, so I'm hoping there is a chance. Thanks for any help.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-06 15:07:20

A simple question, how do you load VSTs, if its possible at all? Sounds stupid I know, but I can't seem to find a way...

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-08 08:58:10

Is there a list with everything told on this thread, like in the AS2 thread and others, it would be nice.

NG Radio - A superb podcast with good songs from the NG Audio Portal

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-08 10:28:45

I just started using FL and I'm trying to use some .wav files I have.... But when I select that I won't to change the sample to my own (not one of the preset ones of FL) I get this huge beep going through my speakers that won't stop. I'll give you guys an example.

I got a .wav with a guy singin, so I change the kick file to the singing guy file. When I want to hear it I get a beap.
So how can I use .wav files without getting this beap?

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-08 11:26:57

At 1/8/08 11:01 AM, B0UNC3 wrote:
I got a .wav with a guy singin, so I change the kick file to the singing guy file. When I want to hear it I get a beap.
So how can I use .wav files without getting this beap?
stopped playback?
does the db meters visualize the beep?
what buffer settings?
what soundcard?
OS?

yes stopped playback, yes it sees the beep, buffersettings, don't know, don't know what soundcard, PC.

Enough info? thanks

Get Respect from me=)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-08 17:04:46

I just recently got the FLStudio demo, and I was wondering, which one of those folders contain every instrument found from 1:01 to 1:26.

Note: They may be in different folders.

I also wanted to know how you get that, erm.. how do i describe it.. you know in techno music, how it has a heavy bass and what sounds like brass instruments playing really quick.. idk..

Thanks

Well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter ;) | PM me whether you like me or hate me. 52 like | 17 hate

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-08 20:05:52

At 1/8/08 05:04 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: I just recently got the FLStudio demo, and I was wondering, which one of those folders contain every instrument found from 1:01 to 1:26.

That's from a plug-in. You're not going to find that in FL...
Rig made a really nice list of all the VSTs and plug-ins different artists use.

I also wanted to know how you get that, erm.. how do i describe it.. you know in techno music, how it has a heavy bass and what sounds like brass instruments playing really quick.. idk..

Ha, interesting way of describing it. I think it's just a regular bass, found in a Plug-in..

Thanks

I hope that helped some!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-08 20:40:27

At 1/8/08 05:04 PM, Sk8erGirl14 wrote: I just recently got the FLStudio demo, and I was wondering, which one of those folders contain every instrument found from 1:01 to 1:26.

Yep, B0unc3 uses outside Vst's...

I think you're talking about the crazy bassline he uses in that song. That's made by 3x osc I think, with an offbeat bass on top of it. He also layers his kicks and makes them really bassy... I don't really know what you mean by the brass instruments but yeah.....

Thanks

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-01-08 21:20:58

Would Fruity Loops be a good music mixer to remake Lone Trooper from CnC Tiberian Sun?

"What the Fodoodle?!"

BBS Signature