00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blurzapper just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

665,713 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-14 19:57:15

i love you. btw could i join and help people out. im especialy good with bass and lead synths

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-14 20:24:15

check your PM's

its good and all but the club basses and kicks and the other kicks and basses arent free. HELP ME MELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-15 04:49:15

At 2/14/07 08:24 PM, DnX-Danefex wrote:
check your PM's
its good and all but the club basses and kicks and the other kicks and basses arent free. HELP ME MELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erm, there are free one's there, and they're really pretty decent. Of course that site is there to make money, so they have huge audio sample collections for sale too.

But the free one's are easy to find too, and worth having in your collection!

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-15 06:38:16

Yeah......ihave the newest version of fl studio too FLstudio 7 ist really ffun :D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-15 06:57:36

At 2/15/07 06:38 AM, Johan1993 wrote: Yeah......ihave the newest version of fl studio too FLstudio 7 ist really ffun :D

apart from the few bugs that they've yet to sort out.

it's good, but a little buggy, dealable but well at least it doesn't have the bugs it had in the last BETA release of it, they were god awful.

Audio Artists required for Charity Album: Read further information here The charity is Jambange

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-15 11:51:24

At 2/14/07 08:12 PM, G4m3w1z wrote: I need some serious amounts of techno, DnB and trance samples. kicks, some SERIOUS bass (please I'd love you long time) and maybe a good synth VSTi till I get my syrtus? if anyone of you can show me these I'd appreciate it so much. :DD

Check out the list of free VST/samples I made here , that should keep you busy for a while =)

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-15 13:03:01

At 2/15/07 01:00 PM, G4m3w1z wrote: Yeah, I'll check that out and Stealth's thread, unless they are the same list? In any case, thank you!

Well the link I just sent is a little more extended, so I would recommend checking that out.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-16 15:45:55

At 2/16/07 03:43 PM, G4m3w1z wrote: Is it possible to make your own template so you can go "New From Template..." then your template?

In the file menu, go to the templates sub menu, there should be a new option there. Once you select a template, FL Studio opens with the preselected channels until you choose a differant template otherwise.

If there isn't a new option, I don't know. I personally keep it as empty.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-17 12:36:55

Ok so, I have fruity loops producer edition XXL yada yada.... NOT THE DEMO VERSION.
For some reason, when I save something as a .flp file, and try to open it again, I get an error message saying "An error occurred while reading the FLP file. It may be corrupted, or some plugin caused an error while opening."

What is this, and how can it be fixed?!?!?

Please help.

-[TMM43]

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-17 15:45:51

From what I heard, it's an unfixable, unreversable bug. Try reinstalling FL to another location, but the .flp is fucked, gone. So I heard.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 05:59:30

At 2/14/07 05:51 PM, Stealth-Emergence wrote: Those Kicks and other percussions are useless, I can't remember where I got mine from, I'll try and dig out a link for you and will PM that link to you, as soon as I've found it.

I don't have any rides though, as yet, if you're able to find some, could you hook me up?

Yea. Can you also PM the link to the "umph" kick sounds please? I'm also interested with the kicking beat. k thx.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 17:38:04

Sorry,I'm too laszy to read all the page of this topic and this question has probably been asked before but I'd like to know if there is any instrumen (like toxiclll or simsynth) whre we can make guitar sounds??

Thanks in advance

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 17:38:58

Guitar soundfont, put it through a bunch of mixer effects, there you go.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 17:48:07

I can't find"guitar soundfont",how do you open it,do you go on right click-insert-..... or do you do something else??

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 17:50:11

sorry,i'm a bit noob on fl

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 18:33:21

Is there a way to get a peddle effect for FL keys?
if not, is there another piano generator on FL?

Also

Are there any good tutorials for using the mixer and what the filter things do?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 18:37:50

At 2/18/07 06:33 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: Is there a way to get a peddle effect for FL keys?

Is there a way to get a peddle effect for FL keys?
or to extend the notes sounds as if i was holding onto the key?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 19:22:38

At 2/18/07 05:48 PM, zef7 wrote: I can't find"guitar soundfont",how do you open it,do you go on right click-insert-..... or do you do something else??

Go to google, search for "guitar soundfonts" download them, install them to the image-line\something something\sounfonts ( I don't remember the exact location), open the browser, open the soundfont, right click, open as new channel.

At 2/18/07 06:33 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: Is there a way to get a peddle effect for FL keys?
if not, is there another piano generator on FL?

Also

Are there any good tutorials for using the mixer and what the filter things do?

Try Fruity Reverb, or Reverb 2. If you don't like how it sounds, try playing with the decay and sustain knobs in FL Keys.
You can try using a synthesizer to get a piano sound, but I would just use a soundfont.

Using the mixer comes with experience, not knowledge. But I'll briefly explain the filter. It's exactly how it sounds, it filters the sound through..a filter..thus changing the sound. I don't get all technical, I just address one effect as "changes sound" and another as "reverb", and such.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 19:37:15

sometimes my sounds continue even if they are not on the playlist anymore :S

they are on beats 1 -3 and then its something else 4-6 on another layer, but the thing on 1-3 continues.

can someone help? cut itself is selected btw

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 19:44:15

At 2/18/07 07:37 PM, SuperAlt wrote: sometimes my sounds continue even if they are not on the playlist anymore :S

they are on beats 1 -3 and then its something else 4-6 on another layer, but the thing on 1-3 continues.

can someone help? cut itself is selected btw

Fruity Mute or automate the volume to 0.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 21:18:58

At 2/18/07 07:22 PM, DragonsGrief wrote: You can try using a synthesizer to get a piano sound, but I would just use a soundfont.

Thanks for your help

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-18 21:43:08

Alright I'm still pretty new and I've got a lot of questions, but the first thing i'd like to ask, Is there a decent tutorial on getting started with sytrus? i read the one in the help file, but I still don't know how to create specific sounds with it. I have no idea how the lfo thing and equalizer and half the sliders work.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 03:23:31

I have a problem with fl 7. there is this fuzzy noise every couple of seconds and it is not my soundcard. it sounds like something intentional for fl 7. how do i get rid of it

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 07:54:06

At 2/19/07 03:23 AM, MTS069 wrote: I have a problem with fl 7. there is this fuzzy noise every couple of seconds and it is not my soundcard. it sounds like something intentional for fl 7. how do i get rid of it

It's your Audio Buffer.
Go to Options in FL Studio, then Audio Settings, then increase your Buffer length. Probably to 75%

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 20:56:58

how do i get a part of my layer in my playlist to increase in volume overtime?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 21:10:22

At 2/19/07 08:56 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: how do i get a part of my layer in my playlist to increase in volume overtime?

Use automation, set the volume low early on and have it slowly progress, how you'd like it!

are you familiar with automation?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 21:12:54

At 2/18/07 09:43 PM, coalth wrote: Alright I'm still pretty new and I've got a lot of questions, but the first thing i'd like to ask, Is there a decent tutorial on getting started with sytrus? i read the one in the help file, but I still don't know how to create specific sounds with it. I have no idea how the lfo thing and equalizer and half the sliders work.

Could you clarify a bit?

I mean, it sounds like you want to know about a whole load of features, other than just Sytrus.

it you ware wanting to know about many features, break it down a little and focus on a bit at a time, until you understand that a bit more, then move onto the other features you're unsure of.

but for now, if you're still wanting to about these things, could you give a break down of your questions in this thread?

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 21:14:26

At 2/18/07 05:38 PM, zef7 wrote: Sorry,I'm too laszy to read all the page of this topic and this question has probably been asked before but I'd like to know if there is any instrumen (like toxiclll or simsynth) whre we can make guitar sounds??

Thanks in advance

Electric Guitar or acoustic guitar?

if electric, well, they don't sound much like a real guitar!

for acoustic, you could dig around for some decent soundfonts for it

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 21:17:38

At 2/19/07 09:10 PM, Stealth-Emergence wrote:
At 2/19/07 08:56 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote: how do i get a part of my layer in my playlist to increase in volume overtime?
Use automation, set the volume low early on and have it slowly progress, how you'd like it!

nope :D

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2007-02-19 21:26:01

At 2/19/07 09:17 PM, AtomicTerrorist wrote:
At 2/19/07 09:10 PM, Stealth-Emergence wrote:

nope :D

Ok then!

Do you have AIM, MSN or Yahoo Messenger?

Pm me your addy and I'll go other automation with you!

BBS Signature