00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Silo99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

739,361 Views | 12,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-20 10:58:58

At 3/20/08 01:40 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
That sounds pretty good, I'll try and contribute something WHEN BRAWL FINALLY COMES OUT!!!

At least you get Mario Kart Wii before any US citizen will.

But I'd like to see what the rest of you guys can come up with, those two are pretty awesome DVS...though my personal favourite is the one you posted in the Wii Club. That one's just awesome! :D

I like it too.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-20 11:35:21

At 3/20/08 10:58 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: I like it too.

I never knew Charizard killed other Pokemon for his pleasure. :0

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-20 22:48:21

At 3/20/08 10:58 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: At least you get Mario Kart Wii before any US citizen will.

Are you sure about that? When is your release date? Because I just found out from Ninty Australia's website that MK is being released on the 24th of April! Finally we have concrete details. Now we just need Brawl's date. Also, Wii Fit is being release on the 8th May, but I doubt I'll get that.

I like it too.

Now all it needs is an awesome caption, and you could probably submit it to
HALOLZ. I reckon they would accept it, it's that awesome.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-21 00:38:51

I've completed the national dex for pearl and diamond.The only way to complete the dex is by cheating.How? by action replay. Heres a little discussion. which versionis better Diamond or Pearl?

Wh....WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TOO THE REST OF MY SIG!?!?!?!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-21 02:54:58

At 3/21/08 12:38 AM, nkp22497 wrote: I've completed the national dex for pearl and diamond.The only way to complete the dex is by cheating.How? by action replay. Heres a little discussion. which versionis better Diamond or Pearl?

Neither is better than the other. They each have different varieties of pokemon that can be found exclusively.
When you say you've completed the National Dex, does that mean with Arceus and Shaymin as well? Because yeah, you have to cheat for those, but it's not necessary for the rest of them- I should know :P

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-21 06:39:04

Paradox i do have shaymin and arceus and Darkrai. I mean does it matter anyone cheats. some times you have to cheat.Ok this going nowhere.Do you even know what an Action Replay is? I have, do you have one?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-21 07:01:42

paradox dont pay attention to last post.I have reasons why Diamond is better then Pearl. Diamond has more different ypes of pokemon you can catch after you get the national dex.i am not saying this to reckon my game is the best, i have pearl. You do need the action replay to get other pokemon like mew lugia ho-oh and other pokemon, unless you have a gameshark then you just use the pal park.Oh by the way do you even have an action replay or gameshark? I do. also mystery gift is plain spam. if you do want the mystery gift option then do this. Go to the tv station in Jublife and go to the floor where the guy wants your opinion on tv and say everyone happy then when he says the interesting speah thingie say wi-fi connection.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-21 23:33:35

Well, I think the Diamond exclusives are better.

The biggest threat that's Diamond exclusive is Rampardos. This guy can absolutely shred teams apart, and I'll explain why.

It's base attack is the second best in the game, second only to attack Deoxys. Of course, a Thick Clubbed Marowak shines as the hardest hitter, but unlike Marowak, Rampardos has access to Rock Polish.

If you focus sash a Rampardos with Rock Polish, you can sweep entire teams with ease. And Rampardos's ability is superb, Mold Breaker. Meaning, he can hit levitating Pokemon with Earthquake, namely Bronzong who is difficult to take out otherwise. His ability basically disables any opponent's ability.

So, with adamant nature, perfect IVs, and 252 attack EVs, you're looking at an immense attack of 471 without any stat boosts.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 04:05:18

Rampardos is one of the edges to Diamond. And yes it is F**KING powerful with that combo. Though of course a simple hail can finish it :P

However Pearl does have a few good exclusives, namely Mismagius, Salamence and the Slowpoke evolutionary line, which have become a lot more viable this generation with the addition of Slack Off as a move. None of these can outpower Rampardos, but they're still solid pokemon.
Bastiodon isn't too bad as a tank, though the double weakness to Fighting AND Ground, two extremely common types with the TMs of Focus Blast and Earthquake, don't really help it however.

And no, I don't have AR or a Gameshark nkp22497

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 07:53:27

paradox i have to aggree to that and palkia is better then dialga bye speed so dialga will go down faster. i will you somting wierd. when i woke up this morning i used my action replay for pearl and all of my pokemon were gone except one which is good.why? beacause they morped intto one which was the best pokemon i have ever seen.Oh by the way happy easter!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 08:48:42

I got pearl for the same reason I bought ruby over sapphire , everyone I knew got sapphire (namely for lotad) and I got zangoose , which is quite awesome in my opinion. However pearl seems a little lacking in terms of exclusives in my opinion , regardless isn;'t that what online trading is for:P

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 11:48:19

Action replays suck the fun out of gaming.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 12:30:43

Hey guys, any advice for taking out the elite 4?? I've been looking around the web at serebii and ign, and stuff.

:I have Diamond

Possible fighters:

Mantyke (Wing attack, Water Pulse, Take Down, and Confuse Ray) lvl 39
Steelix (Rock Polish, DragonBreath, Iron Tail, Crunch) lvl 45
Abomasnow (Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Strength, Wood Hammer) Lvl 40
Mr. Mime (Psybeam, Drain Punch, Thunder, Psychic) Lvl 45
Sneasel (Faint Attack, Blizzard, Slash, Icy Wind) Lvl 47
Rapidash (Take Down, Stomp, Fire Blast, Ember) 45
Turtwig [Still training] (Absorb, Bite, Mega Drain, Leech Seed) Lvl 32
Honchkrow (Mean Look, Faint attack, Sky attack {I had to breed that into him}, Fly) Lvl 42
Pikachu (Thunderbolt, LightScreen, Thunder, Discharge) Lvl 46
Lucario (Reversal, Force Palm, Aura Sphere, Close Combat) Lvl 46
Floatzel (Surf, Aqua Jet, Crunch, Razor Wind) Lvl 50
Golduck (Surf, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt, Strength) Lvl 51
Empolean (Brine, Whirlpool, Waterfall, Drill Peck) Lvl 52
Dialga (Metal Claw, AncientPower, Dragon Claw, Roar of Time) Lvl 47
Manaphy (Heart Swap, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Acid Armor) Lvl 50
Also a monpherno at lvl 32 but I don't have the cash to see his moves (he's in the Training place and i blew all my cash on revives and shit)

Likely Team

You have to understand that i know my pokemon. Some are stronger than others, and some have better constitutions than the others. I will train all to lvl 55 before attempting the Elite 4, but i know some of my decisions don't make sense.

{these types of parenthesis mean that i will probably take him no matter what anybody says These Pokes are very likely just my favorites}
[Parenthesis mean that i'm Very Likely to take, mainly for strategic reasons]
(not sure at all about)
(Turtwig (for taking out the Ground type guy, Bertha, but i hate training pokemons... >:( ) )
[ Honchkrow (Can very possibly eliminate the bug type guy Aaron) ]
( Pikachu (support against the flying types in Aarons Cadre, as well Drifblim?) )
[ Lucario (I love lucario :) No other reason than that) ]
{ Floatzel (Best water type pokemon by far, and he's my starter (I hated Piplup so i switched to buizel way back when. That said, he can easily handle Flint in a snap) }
[ Sneasel (Will take out lucian's psychics and possibly Cynthia's Garchomp) ]

If you read this, you're amazing. Now what do I want to know? What should my team be? Do you think i picked a strong enough well rounded team? Is there any advice to give me?

If you're gonna answer, be thorough. Don't just say "Yah that'll do." I need to know why something is bad or good, or if there is something i should know before attempting it.

Lastly, does anybody know whether you get to face Dawn after fighting the Elite 4? I need to see Infernape to finish my pokedex.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 14:35:00

I took some snapshots of SSBB on my Wii. I need to figure out how to send them to my gmail account and my portable server.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 15:13:22

At 3/22/08 02:35 PM, Tanooki-John wrote: I took some snapshots of SSBB on my Wii. I need to figure out how to send them to my gmail account and my portable server.

You did save them in your SD card, right? If you did, search for a folder called "private" in your SD card. Keep clicking more folders until you reached a folder called "al". That is where your snapshots are in .bin formats. I can help convert it if you like.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 19:11:37

At 3/22/08 12:30 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: A bunch of stuff.

The Likely team seems actually pretty good:
Turtwig : The starter pokemon are always strong but the point is you need to train it. I don´t mind training I would actuall do it if I were you.
Honchkrow : Dunno about him.
Pikachu : I recommend to evolve it first to Raichu. That is of course if you don´t mind evolving it.
Lucario : Approved.
Floatzel : Dunno about him.
Sneasel : I think in the newest Game you can evolve Sneasel right? So do it if you can.

This is what I think about the Pokemon you are likely going to use.I can´t say you much about Honchkrow and Floatzel because I don´t have a DS.

If you read this, you're amazing.

Why, thank you.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 19:44:19

You're absolutely welcome. I have decided to train it, and now its a lvl 34 torterra... I have the item to evolve sneasel, but it's taking its sweet time to evolve too... What a pain in the ***. Thanks for the signoff. Anybody else??

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 19:47:29

At 3/22/08 12:30 PM, Swordstick76 wrote

Lastly, does anybody know whether you get to face Dawn after fighting the Elite 4? I need to see Infernape to finish my pokedex.

[[[[[[[[SPOILER]]]]]]]]

the champion fight is against
cynthia.. you get to heal + shit before facing her, which is totally gay.

[[[[[[[[[END SPOILER]]]]]]]]]

You should have all of them in your dex anyway.... some regular trainers in victory road + places have the fully evolved starters, have a hunt.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 22:31:33

At 3/22/08 07:47 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: cynthia.. you get to heal + shit before facing her, which is totally gay.

No you can't. At least, I don't think you can.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-22 22:44:01

CAN I BE IN PLEASE.POKEMON IS AWSOME !!! or #1! if i'm in, YAY !!! if not PUT ME IN NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

PS:for proof my favorite pokemon is monferno oh and please tell me if it spelled it right.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 01:14:33

Ummm...you actually CAN heal before you fight Cynthia, just heal before you go through the doorway to her room. By healing, I mean using as many Full Restores/Revives as you want, not that there is a personal healer somewhere there for your use.
As for Action Replaying all the pokemon, it sucks the fun out of the game. Why would you even bother, except for those which are unobtainable.
And Swordstick, I'd say your team is pretty good, though I'd recommend you evolve some of them that can be evolved, such as Pikachu and Sneasel. Unless you have a Light Ball to go with that Pikachu :P
Also, Happy Easter everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 06:00:08

paradox i reckon you just hate me. fine if you reckon action replays suck well thats your opinion. i love them. the stick dudes team is good. and yes you can use the full restore stuff but i thought the small machine. so just leve me alone if you hate me.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 06:28:26

At 3/23/08 06:00 AM, nkp22497 wrote: paradox i reckon you just hate me. fine if you reckon action replays suck well thats your opinion. i love them. the stick dudes team is good. and yes you can use the full restore stuff but i thought the small machine. so just leve me alone if you hate me.

Whoa, you've got the wrong end of the stick there, buddy! I don't hate you, I've just got a moral problem with people who cheat like that- especially on online games, since it ruins the fun for everyone else who doesn't use those cheating devices. I don't have a problem with it if you don't use the cheating devices for online multiplayer etc (I know TBDM has one, but he's got enough skill with movesets etc to not need it).

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 12:05:57

Y'know, I have posted in here before, mostly when i need help and shit, so y'know, i thought it would be good to join.

Therefore, Can i Join?

Thanks to all those who signed off on my team. It's good to know that my choices are good. I'm glad that i have enough sense to put in the right guys... As for obtaining a light ball, I'll see what i can do... :)

A note: You can heal your pokemon before every elite 4 battle, Duh! (sorry)

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 19:16:36

At 3/23/08 12:05 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: Therefore, Can i Join?

Thanks to all those who signed off on my team. It's good to know that my choices are good. I'm glad that i have enough sense to put in the right guys... As for obtaining a light ball, I'll see what i can do... :)

I don't see why you can't join, though you might want to run it by Tanooki-John or Dark-Volcano-Sam first.

As for Light Balls, they are quite hard to come across... unless you have Pokemon Battle Revolution and can get the Pikachu off there. Alternatively you could try and catch as many Pikachu as you can find and have your fingers crossed.

What I did to get one of mine (I have 2 :D) was to got to the Safari Zone in Emerald, and have a pokemon with Static in front. Pretty much every pokemon I came across was a Pikachu so I just threw Safari-Balls until my time ran out. Then I crossed my fingers that one of those Pikachu had a light ball.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 19:47:33

At 3/23/08 12:05 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: Y'know, I have posted in here before, mostly when i need help and shit, so y'know, i thought it would be good to join.

Therefore, Can i Join?

You can join since you have the necessary requirements to become a member, which is that you have an interest.

This club has members willing to help you if you have any questions or needed an aid. I can help too since I do have experience as well as finding answer . . . okay, so you can find them in GameFAQ.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 20:22:24

At 3/23/08 07:47 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote:

. . . okay, so you can find them in GameFAQ.

But where's the fun in that?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 21:03:19

Well, it's Easter . . .

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . . IN MARCH?!!!

When they issue Easter is going to be in March, or have I traveled one month later and it's really April? I guess I can show you something for this club. It's Buneary!

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-23 21:33:59

Haha that's nice. Too bad you couldn't get a few Yoshi eggs etc in there somewhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2008-03-24 02:39:06

Ummm...did I just miss something important, or was that one of the most random posts you've ever seen?

BBS Signature