00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

<X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X>

15,992 Views | 252 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-09 07:14:59

At 2/9/05 01:20 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: Cancel my joining of the tourney.
At the earliest I get back from high school at 2:20
which is 5:20 NG time.

Well i can move the tourney on 6pm NG time could be best for you and Zerok tell me what you thing of that (i cunt you in btw)

User on the tourney..

NewgroundsFire
AcadienNG
Zerok33NG
ManateeGodNG
cheesebizkitNG
chefscrewup (have to make an account on pogo.com)
Jamie_McGuire (have to make an account on pogo.com)
mistertbones
-LazyDrunk-
Dragon_India (Playing on yahoo.com)
SlipperyMooseCakes (have to make an account on pogo.com)

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 11:15:26

At 2/9/05 07:14 AM, Acadien wrote: Well i can move the tourney on 6pm NG time could be best for you and Zerok tell me what you thing of that (i cunt you in btw)

I should be home by then, it'll be 7pm my time.
Almost certainly. Hopefully I don't forget. ^_^
Gahhh, OsAmA's gonna be in this one eh? I haven't played him, but I've heard things.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 12:15:36

Im sorry but i most cancel the tournament. =(
We needed at least 16 Member or over to make it and we are only 9... And im not at my home right now and i will only be there around 8pm (ng time) So im just gonna change the date for Feb16 6pm NG time. I can't put it this weeken cause i will not be there, i got many thing to do and we got erh a famaly reunion for my grand-ma BD </duh> And well i can't put it either the next weeken cause it gonna be my BD and well i will probobly not be here for the whole weeken.. Once again im sorry.

Zerok.
You can take all the member who decide to join in this tourney and make a little tourney yourself, i know you can make one =)

Once again the tourney of today have been moved on Feb16 at 6pm NG time. Thank You.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 13:44:56

We can do an 8 person tourney, and I'll join if needed.

Hey all, great to see the chess club hasn't died ^_^. Anyone up for a quick game?

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 16:36:32

I'm willing to enter the tourney, whenever it eventually is. Pogo sn is 'newgroundskunk.'

I don't understand why you feel the need to force people to play at a certain time though. It just hinders a lot of people from entering. For instance, I have no idea whether I'd have time to play tonight. Why don't you just set a deadline, say a week from the start of the tourney, and make sure people play their game by then, or they forfeit?

Using pogo is a bit aggravating also, since everyone already seems to have a yahoo account - although I understand the reasoning behind it (clean account w/ only ranked games between club members = good idea).

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 17:07:12

At 2/10/05 12:15 PM, Acadien wrote: Zerok.
You can take all the member who decide to join in this tourney and make a little tourney yourself, i know you can make one =)

Sure sure. It'll be an unofficial little thing, nothing special. The computer I am on right now tends to implode every now and then anyway. So at 6pm NG, whoever wants to can come dick around in, oh, let's say, Observation Deck, under Social. That room's always empty.

At 2/10/05 01:44 PM, Misty_Dragon wrote: Hey all, great to see the chess club hasn't died ^_^. Anyone up for a quick game?

Egad, you're back. ^_^
In an hour we'll get it on.

At 2/10/05 04:36 PM, red_skunk wrote: I'm willing to enter the tourney, whenever it eventually is. Pogo sn is 'newgroundskunk.'

Sweet. This'll just be an exhibition though.

Why don't you just set a deadline, say a week from the start of the tourney, and make sure people play their game by then, or they forfeit?

That's actually a tremendously good idea.
Since I can't really be relied on to organize the official tourney, Acadien, I suggest you take this into consideration. Just post the results as they come in here.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 18:04:40

At 2/10/05 05:16 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote: I'm always up for a game at pogo.
sn is -LazyDrunk-

Social > Observation Deck.
It's 6pm NG time, bitches.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 18:09:18

At 2/10/05 06:04 PM, Zerok wrote: Social > Observation Deck.
It's 6pm NG time, bitches.

Erg, make that Gravy Train.
People kicked me out. Well, asked me to leave. They might be cybering. I felt like being nice.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 18:52:44

Sorry I'm late! Times flies when you're having fun ~_^.... anywho, is it still happening?

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 19:00:37

At 2/10/05 06:52 PM, Misty_Dragon wrote: Sorry I'm late! Times flies when you're having fun ~_^.... anywho, is it still happening?

Don't think so. We're going to have to implement red_skunk's suggestion. The chess spirit has been quashed for me today, sorry Misty. My mindset is 100% lazy.

This is really just code for 'I don't feel like being uber-pwned by you'.

;-)

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 19:10:49

At 2/10/05 07:00 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 2/10/05 06:52 PM, Misty_Dragon wrote: Sorry I'm late! Times flies when you're having fun ~_^.... anywho, is it still happening?

<BS>Damn, I was really looking forward to owning you today</BS>. Btw how was TO, and w(h)tf are you?

Don't think so. We're going to have to implement red_skunk's suggestion. The chess spirit has been quashed for me today, sorry Misty. My mindset is 100% lazy.

This is really just code for 'I don't feel like being uber-pwned by you'.

;-)

[lol, it's so true it hurts]

Next thursday it is.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 21:34:09

At 2/10/05 05:07 PM, Zerok wrote: That's actually a tremendously good idea.
Since I can't really be relied on to organize the official tourney, Acadien, I suggest you take this into consideration. Just post the results as they come in here.

Sure, Zerok if you can help me or Weas or someone else to make a regester of the user who wanna be in. And the tourney will start
This monday till the end of the week. But i have to change the tournament round style for that.

Here how it will work. All member will play against all member. (Exemple of 8 participant) after the first round is all over we take tthe 4 player with the most win and put them in semi-final. Then the 2 of those 4 player with the most win go in the Final

Here a pic of what the tourney look like.
Post you're comment about this tourney ^^

<X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X>

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 21:45:54

PLEASE GIVE YOUR NAME & POGO ACCOUNT NAME IF YOU JOIN THE TOURNEY

Current in the tourney of monday

Acadien ::: AcadienNG
Zerok ::: Zerok33NG
Weas ::: ManateegodNG

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 22:40:29

It'll hopefully work out =)

Pogo sn is newgroundskunk. NG alias is readily apparent, no?

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-10 23:03:43

Monday? Hmm.... I think I can make it ^_^

Give Name and Pogo Account

-LazyDrunk- ::: -LazyDrunk-
Misty_Dragon ::: MistyDragonNG

Btw lazy, you should make an NG account, just for fun (also so you don't scare the bejesus out of some of us with your 3000 raiting ^_^)

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-11 06:04:30

Give Name and Pogo Account

-LazyDrunk- ::: -LazyDrunk-
Misty_Dragon ::: MistyDragonNG
Red_Skunk ::: newgroundskunk

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-11 06:13:38

So how about this...

-The tourney begin Monday (8am NG time) the time doesnt matter, if you're oppenent is there just go play with it and post your result here.

-You have 3 day to clear all your match. All match who have not been play will be erase. Note if your there for a certain match and your oppenent is not. You will win the match (this is only applicade on the 3th journey of the tourney ).

-On the 4th day of the tourney will be the semi-final & the final.Be sure to be here on the 4th day!!

The rule is still the same.

1) Every round must be rated with a time limite of 20min.

2) ill pick up every member we got now and put them in randow order. If the member do not show up on is match, the other player would win the game no question ask.

3) When a player lose he or she will NOT be eleminate right after is game. He will go to a second round but IN the loser player side.

4) When The Winner & Loser round is over. The Winner of the loser round have a chance to face the Winner of the winner round. The one who win that match is the winner of my tournament.

5) NO watcher is allowed! Who ever make the game must remove the possibility of get the game watched. We don't need a help suport. If there any member who cheats by telling is friend or to someone a move. That person will be kicked out of the tournament! No second chance.

6) IF the match end with a draw. There must be a rematch. Still rated and with 10min.

7) Undo move is NOT allowed! No second chance. If you decide to move a piece you must deal with it.

All those rules must be followed in other case of broke one of them you can be kicked out of the tournament.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-11 06:17:52

My bad.
Rule 2-3-4 doesnt go with this tourney ^^'

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-11 13:28:19

At 2/11/05 06:13 AM, Acadien wrote: So how about this...

-The tourney begin Monday (8am NG time) the time doesnt matter, if you're oppenent is there just go play with it and post your result here.

You mean, 8:00 pm, right?
I'm in ^_^.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-11 14:48:35

At 2/11/05 01:28 PM, Misty_Dragon wrote: You mean, 8:00 pm, right?
I'm in ^_^.

No.. 8am ^^'
The tourney will start the morning and will end on the 3th day at 11pm ng time (only the first round)

And your name was already in..

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-12 23:01:18

Well i guess i must remove myself from the tourney for this two reason..

1. I lose my pc Monday for no reason.
2. I be kicked of my house in 7day (witch is gonna be my birthday nice....)

Well just wish me GoodLuck ..

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-13 02:01:35

There is no way in hell I'm showin up at 8:00 am. Actually I won't show up at all. See you at the next tourney guys(and Myst)

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-13 07:35:07

At 2/13/05 02:01 AM, VeryProudofYa wrote: There is no way in hell I'm showin up at 8:00 am. Actually I won't show up at all. See you at the next tourney guys(and Myst)

You still dont get it lol... the tourney CAN begin at any hour. You need to clear all your match in 3day

Anyway..

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-14 13:51:07

Ok, it's monday.
Is there a list of who we are supposed to play against?
I'm available to play untill 8:00 pm, maybe after 11:00 (NG time).
Who alls in the tourney?

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-14 14:27:19

At 2/14/05 02:17 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote: I just put everyone in the tourney on my friends list and am waiting for someone to go to pogo.

*waits*

I'll be there in a bit, after I run some errands.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-14 14:35:15

Gravey Train, anyone?

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-14 15:28:25

At 2/13/05 07:35 AM, Acadien wrote:

You still dont get it lol... the tourney CAN begin at any hour. You need to clear all your match in 3day

Anyway..

No you don't get it lol... I'm not showing up no matter when the tourney takes place.
Anyway..

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-15 18:36:31

At 2/14/05 03:59 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote:
At 2/14/05 03:28 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote:
No you don't get it lol... I'm not showing up no matter when the tourney takes place.
Anyway..
sooooo, why are you posting again?

He said I could join regardless of the time. I told him I would join ever. I posted so that he didn't match anyone up against me. I'm not quitting the club, just informing everyone that I wasn't making this tourney

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-03-08 12:09:04

Holy crap the chess club has been revived!!!!!!!
Ok, anyone wanna 1v1 in some pogo chess?

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-06-02 00:57:14

Ok, lets play chess ppl. I'm tired of playing just Misty, and it's no fun :(
How about pogo, 8:00 pm, tommorrow (well, today, I guess) NG time?