00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

htffan2000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

<X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X>

15,988 Views | 252 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 10:16:06

Ok that it. ill set up a tournament for Feb 10 5pm NG time. Im gonna post a few notice in General and will see if we can get some new members. Personaly i would do this.

1) Pick up every member we got now and put them in randow order. If the member do not show up on is match, the other player would win the game.

2) When a player lose he or she will NOT be eleminate right after is game. He will go to a second round but IN the loser player side. ill do a pictures for you to understand what i mean.

3) When The Winner & Loser round is over. The Winner of the loser round have a chance to face the Winner of the winner round. The one who win that match is the winner of my tournament.

Any comment about this tournament ? Post your comment now!

Members list 'Update'

AcadienNG
Alex1224NG
BloodmuneNG
CRdudeAZYNG
EvarkNG
J4nusNG
jayteeblahblahNG
JustinBaldenNG
ManateeGodNG
MistydragonNG
NewgroundsKurt
NGMako
StickmooseNG
TomS00NG
Zerok33NG
NewGroundsFire
AFireInsideNG
cheesebizkitNG
HycranNG
KnivesNG
MrPateI
H3llboundNinja

That about what it look like

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 10:25:06

*UPDATE*

At 2/8/05 10:16 AM, Acadien wrote:

Ok that it. ill set up a tournament for Feb 10 5pm NG time. Im gonna post a few notice in General and will see if we can get some new members.

RULES

1) Pick up every member we got now and put them in randow order. If the member do not show up on is match, the other player would win the game.

2) When a player lose he or she will NOT be eleminate right after is game. He will go to a second round but IN the loser player side. ill do a pictures for you to understand what i mean.

3) When The Winner & Loser round is over. The Winner of the loser round have a chance to face the Winner of the winner round. The one who win that match is the winner of my tournament.

4) Undo move is NOT allowed!

5) Every round must be rated with a time limite of 20min.

Any comment about this tournament ? Post your comment now!

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 10:44:13

New Rules

1) Every round must be rated with a time limite of 20min.

2) ill pick up every member we got now and put them in randow order. If the member do not show up on is match, the other player would win the game no question ask.

3) When a player lose he or she will NOT be eleminate right after is game. He will go to a second round but IN the loser player side.

4) When The Winner & Loser round is over. The Winner of the loser round have a chance to face the Winner of the winner round. The one who win that match is the winner of my tournament.

5) NO watcher is allowed! Who ever make the game must remove the possibility of get the game watched. We don't need a help suport. If there any member who cheats by telling is friend or to someone a move. That person will be kicked out of the tournament! No second chance.

6) IF the match end with a draw. There must be a rematch. Still rated and with 10min.

7) Undo move is NOT allowed! No second chance. If you decide to move a piece you must deal with it.

All those rules must be followed in other case of broke one of them you can be kicked out of the tournament.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 12:49:35

By the way im starting getting name of member who wanna join in this tournament. So hurry up because it gonna be to late if you wait till the 10th ^_^

Please take note that the time of the tournament may change. And maybe the date too depending the situation.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 13:00:17

OsAmArA,
Maybe i could be possible to you to join in the tournament to even if you wont use pogo chess. IF your oppenent accept to make an account on yahoo then you will be participing, if not you will automaticly lose the game... It hope to you. =/

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 13:08:26

Shit Acadien, you rock.

See, this is the sort of thing I would have loved to do.
I will try and make it to this tourney, but there can be no guarantees on my part.

Again, you rock.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 13:11:09

Well it's nice to see some more activity in the NG Chess club. Misty is still away in TO, so she won't be able to participate (lol, thank god). I'm in. What time will this tourney start?

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 13:21:45

At 2/8/05 01:11 PM, Weas wrote:

Thx Zerok =P

Well it's nice to see some more activity in the NG Chess club. Misty is still away in TO, so she won't be able to participate (lol, thank god). I'm in. What time will this tourney start?

5 pm NG time. Once again that time could still change.

PLZ give your 'pogo user name' if you decide to join thx

Current Member in the Tournament
AcadienNG
Zerok33NG
ManateeGodNG

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 13:35:42

sign me up for the moment, if you don't hear from me on this thread by tomorrow afternoon, take me out...

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 14:25:42

At 2/8/05 01:35 PM, chefscrewup wrote: sign me up for the moment, if you don't hear from me on this thread by tomorrow afternoon, take me out...

Once again you need to regester on pogo and give me your account name. thx

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 14:27:56

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 14:57:17

At 2/8/05 02:27 PM, Acadien wrote: Please click here to regester on pogo (make an account)

May I join this club, I just re as Rynthgr8t, and I would like to join this torament

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 15:01:35

At 2/8/05 02:57 PM, _SIG_ wrote:
At 2/8/05 02:27 PM, Acadien wrote: Please click here to regester on pogo (make an account)
May I join this club, I just re as Rynthgr8t, and I would like to join this torament

Well of course everyone is welcome here =)

Current Member in the Tournament
AcadienNG
Zerok33NG
ManateeGodNG
Rynthgr8t

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 15:11:23

At 2/8/05 03:01 PM, Acadien wrote: Well of course everyone is welcome here =)

Just a warning I suck

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 15:16:28

ill go for that tourney. i think ill be around, but dont assume i will cause its not a guarantee

BBS Signature

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 15:17:48

At 2/8/05 03:11 PM, _SIG_ wrote:
At 2/8/05 03:01 PM, Acadien wrote: Well of course everyone is welcome here =)
Just a warning I suck

You'll need an NG account: thus an account with Newgrounds or NG in the name. I'm going on for a bit, so if you wanna play, I'll be in one of the blue rooms (my name is ManateeGodNG, btw; if you wanted to add me).

The invitation is open to anyone else who wants to play too.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 15:18:11

Ill register up for the tournament, suprisingly I am very good at chess, although I havent played in a year I was the best in my grammar and highschool :) Its all mental, ive only played about 10 times in my life total!

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 15:59:20

Current Member In Tournament
AcadienNG
Zerok33NG
ManateeGodNG
Rynthgr8t
cheesebizkitNG

**********Under this need to go make an account****************
chefscrewup
Jamie_McGuire

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 16:02:26

Once again here the site that you MUST regester if you wanna be participing in the tourney

Click here to regester on Pogo.com

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 17:39:12

*All the info you need to know about my tournament*

So the information of the touney was almost all around in pages 6 so i decide to make it all together so you won't need to search for the info.

First of all, if you wanna join the tourney, you need to create an account Here If possible just put your NG user name with NG at the end of it. Easyer to know who user is playing etc..

The tournament is gonna be on Feb 10th at 5pm NG TIME. Please take note the tournament time may be change in this current day so be sure to check oftens

IF for some reason, you cannot log or can't load the chess board on pogo.com and you still wanna play in the tournament. You have to make an new account on Yahoo.com BUT you're oppenent HAVE to agreed if he wanna play there or not. ''If he or she decline to play on yahoo''. You will lose the game automaticly. Play on yahoo at you're own risk.

Tournament Rules.

1) Every round must be rated with a time limite of 20min.

2) ill pick up every member we got now and put them in randow order. If the member do not show up on is match, the other player would win the game no question ask.

3) When a player lose he or she will NOT be eleminate right after is game. He will go to a second round but IN the loser player side.

4) When The Winner & Loser round is over. The Winner of the loser round have a chance to face the Winner of the winner round. The one who win that match is the winner of my tournament.

5) NO watcher is allowed! Who ever make the game must remove the possibility of get the game watched. We don't need a help suport. If there any member who cheats by telling is friend or to someone a move. That person will be kicked out of the tournament! No second chance.

6) IF the match end with a draw. There must be a rematch. Still rated and with 10min.

7) Undo move is NOT allowed! No second chance. If you decide to move a piece you must deal with it.

All those rules must be followed in other case of broke one of them you can be kicked out of the tournament.

Current user in the tournament.
AcadienNG
Zerok33NG
ManateeGodNG
Rynthgr8t
cheesebizkitNG
chefscrewup (have to make an account)
Jamie_McGuire (have to make an account)

Please take note, that you don't need to be a pro at chess to join in. Good Luck and have fun!

Tournament board pictures

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 18:22:11

I am interested in joining this fine game. My playing name will be the same name as my NG name.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 19:06:18

At 2/8/05 06:22 PM, mistertbones wrote: I am interested in joining this fine game. My playing name will be the same name as my NG name.

Make an account on Pogo with NG at the end (thus MisterBonesNG)

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 19:53:33

Weas can you another notice in general forum about the tournament there more people online at this moments.. And by the way could you put it on the front page by using ''Leave a message'' ive already did it this morning so i can't put it this night

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 21:46:27

At 2/8/05 09:27 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote:
At 1/27/05 01:54 PM, Weas wrote: Chess; right now; 1:55 EST; Leave a post or find me on pogo; anyone.

...anyone?
What's your pogo name?

Him? ManateeGodNG..

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 21:58:41

Current user in the tourney

AcadienNG
Zerok33NG
ManateeGodNG
Rynthgr8t
cheesebizkitNG
chefscrewup (have to make an account)
Jamie_McGuire (have to make an account)
mistertbones
-LazyDrunk-
OsAmARaMa

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 22:02:07

It looks like I wont be able too partake in this club, pong all I see is the logo for 1/2 and hour and yahoo it just goes back to the same page when I tr to enter a room, I'm soooooooo sorry it looks like I'm screwed again :*(

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-08 23:40:23

At 2/8/05 10:54 PM, -LazyDrunk- wrote: If anyone doesn't wanna sign up, I've got tons of screen names just lying around. I'm sure one will fit your tastes.

You still on? If you're up for a game, post, otherwise I'll play you on thursday.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-09 00:03:23

GravyTrain, 12:05 EST.

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-09 01:15:52

Hmmmm......I miss one day of BBSing and what happens?
Weas and Arcadien take the club over, assrape it, and then organize it.
Well congrats, I'll join the tourney.

BTW My name is NewgroundsFire

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to <X> Newgrounds Bbs Chess Club <X> 2005-02-09 01:20:26

Cancel my joining of the tourney.
At the earliest I get back from high school at 2:20
which is 5:20 NG time.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature