00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

134,593 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2008-12-20 02:09:24

At 12/19/08 02:19 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 12/18/08 12:20 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Photoshop folder (part 1 of 2) (7781 files, 246MB):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4WQHWIEP

Photoshop folder (part 2 of 2) (2905 files, 440MB):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RAS8ODRP
I think something was wrong with the Photoshop Folders because basically there was just folders with nothing inside of them. I'll have to try re-downloading them to see if I still get the same issue.

Hmm, must have been a faulty download, because I just downloaded the first part and it was fine. Here's the CRC32 codes if you want to verify your downloads:

Everything (including the database) except the Photoshop folder:
FCB70A6C

Photoshop folder (part 1 of 2):
ADADA05A

Photoshop folder (part 2 of 2):
EC72DA59

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-02-24 22:19:30

Bring retrogade back! :(

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-06-19 22:34:37

You know, if we had a programmer who could re-write the site we could get everything good to go. I have a development blog design made, just needs to be coded, and I have the site layout done, just needs to be coded as well.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-06-22 21:28:39

At 6/19/09 10:34 PM, QuikFox wrote: You know, if we had a programmer who could re-write the site we could get everything good to go. I have a development blog design made, just needs to be coded, and I have the site layout done, just needs to be coded as well.

I asked my friend whose a programmer but he just has no motivation at the moment to code. Maybe someone else knows of a good programmer?

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-06-25 00:02:35

At 6/22/09 09:28 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I asked my friend whose a programmer but he just has no motivation at the moment to code. Maybe someone else knows of a good programmer?

Fantastic

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-06-28 02:38:19

whoa this is blowing my mind

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-06-29 17:35:51

At 6/28/09 02:38 AM, Charlotte wrote: whoa this is blowing my mind

Mine has already been blown.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-06-30 04:25:08

Charlotte and QuikFox, alive, and white just like me, on the same page. Why does that blow my mind? Never seen so many white people in one place. Really.

I realize this is the most unecessary post ever written for this topic, but dammit, I'm just trying to help it all seem more important.

HTML I may use: bold italic underline

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-01 00:51:32

At 6/30/09 04:25 AM, NightCobra wrote: I realize this is the most unecessary post ever written for this topic, but dammit, I'm just trying to help it all seem more important.

We all value your help.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-01 04:03:03

At 7/1/09 12:51 AM, QuikFox wrote:
We all value your help.

I'm rather impressed you replied so soon. As noted, an efficient task to appoint to this "club" should be posting comments exclusively with small talk in order to give the illusion that we're active and the website shall return.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-01 18:14:21

At 7/1/09 04:03 AM, NightCobra wrote: I'm rather impressed you replied so soon. As noted, an efficient task to appoint to this "club" should be posting comments exclusively with small talk in order to give the illusion that we're active and the website shall return.

That really shouldn't be an issue for my anymore since I have access to a computer at work now and ass loads of free time there.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-02 05:22:49

At 7/1/09 06:14 PM, QuikFox wrote: That really shouldn't be an issue for my anymore since I have access to a computer at work now and ass loads of free time there.

So Quik, I'm actually pretty surprised you're posting, even so. I thought you had jumped ship for good. Is your [desk] job the same as it was, and do you still happen to reside in North Dakota still, of all states? If so, I'll continue to post every once in a while half-assed jokes on how you eat snow for dinner. Or deep-fried torsk. Same shit.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-02 13:06:50

At 7/2/09 05:22 AM, NightCobra wrote: So Quik, I'm actually pretty surprised you're posting, even so. I thought you had jumped ship for good. Is your [desk] job the same as it was, and do you still happen to reside in North Dakota still, of all states? If so, I'll continue to post every once in a while half-assed jokes on how you eat snow for dinner. Or deep-fried torsk. Same shit.

North Dakota is the place to be, my good man. Oil companies ravaging our natural beauty resulting in a massive surplus for the state. Same job at the bank, just higher up.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-06 16:27:07

At 7/2/09 01:06 PM, QuikFox wrote: North Dakota is the place to be, my good man. Oil companies ravaging our natural beauty resulting in a massive surplus for the state. Same job at the bank, just higher up.

Capitalism is bad. Lenin told me so.

I wonder why California, where I live, is considered "the place to be", when there's such a huge problem with housing prices, education, and health-care services? I mean, if it's due to the abundance of sex, drugs, and sunshine, trust me, you could even get that in Montana.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-06 18:02:37

At 7/6/09 04:27 PM, NightCobra wrote: I wonder why California, where I live, is considered "the place to be", when there's such a huge problem with housing prices, education, and health-care services? I mean, if it's due to the abundance of sex, drugs, and sunshine, trust me, you could even get that in Montana.

Except in Montana you have to deal with assholes like Dick Cheney who live in Jackson Hole and go to Montana for the camping and hunting.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-06 19:06:12

At 7/6/09 06:02 PM, QuikFox wrote: Except in Montana you have to deal with assholes like Dick Cheney who live in Jackson Hole and go to Montana for the camping and hunting.

Ugh, Dick Cheney and sex in the same sentence is about as absurd and grimy as his name juxtaposed with "shotgun" and "hunting".

Also, while I understand while you continously check on this club, I find it curious that I'm only person currently actively writing here as well. We need to promote more enthusiasm! And "hope", Obama-style.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-06 23:06:08

At 7/6/09 07:06 PM, NightCobra wrote: Also, while I understand while you continously check on this club, I find it curious that I'm only person currently actively writing here as well. We need to promote more enthusiasm! And "hope", Obama-style.

RetroGade, WE MIGHT GET IT UP AGAIN.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-07 18:38:32

At 7/6/09 11:06 PM, QuikFox wrote: RetroGade, WE MIGHT GET IT UP AGAIN.

...GET IT UP AGAIN.

Get it? It could also be an erection phrase.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-08 00:21:53

At 7/7/09 06:38 PM, QuikFox wrote: Get it? It could also be an erection phrase.

That was my first thought of what your ambiguous sentence meant. You truly are a clever master of the Funny. Are you the same guy that wrote those ISPY books to those clever clues?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-08 09:30:08

i mean, not to be a shithead or anything, but really, who would go to retrogade now? anyone who is serious about photoshopping and art goes to DA, and now, if someone wants a voting experience on artwork, newgrounds itself has come up with an art portal. the idea was good when it started, but it just degenerated into a group of people who would come on rg only to bitch about being banned on ng. and even then, most of the people who even did that have left ng.

do you have an original idea that will go into rg rather than just remodeling it?

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-08 13:02:34

At 7/8/09 09:30 AM, Strauss wrote: do you have an original idea that will go into rg rather than just remodeling it?

Nope. But I do want to get rid of the voting system. If people complain about that I'll compromise for a star system but the scores will not be displayed as prominently. Also, lets be honest, the NG Art Portal is a pile of shit. And RetroGade has always been very closely tied with Newgrounds and I don't think that is something which we should ignore and should, in fact, use to our advantage.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-08 17:06:19

getting rid of the voting system would be good, but i don't think it would be enough to overpower the ng art portal. no, the art in there isn't great, but i remember by the time people left rg, the art was shitty there too, and the good artists removed their art from there to put it on DA, which has weekly contests and gives away MONEY and awards as prizes for art as incentives for them to do good.

while it's true that in the past, rg was closely connected to ng, the reason for that was josh, who was a legend for hacking ng. now, few of the people here today know who he is. and the close ties with ng weren't doing rg any favors in the end. it just became a free-for-all with no new members coming in, and the only members who held any weight were those who were on rg at the beginning.

tom and his company are too tied in corporately to PAYING affiliates to give any recognition to retrogade like they used to do when newgrounds was relatively new, and wouldn't bother to put it as a list of affiliates, especially if you're going to steal away from their art portal. i'm sorry, i just don't see this working.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-09 00:35:02

Yeah, funding isn't a problem, I can handle that. All we need is the coding and I'm sure we can get a pretty regular base to come and contribute. Hell, a lot of the people who came more or less came for the community and not really for the portal. The portal was just a basis for people to start to grow in that community.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-09 10:48:34

At 7/8/09 07:50 PM, Josh wrote: I only built Retrogade because I was bored and wanted to make a ripoff of Newgrounds.com, there you have it. You're remaking a website that ripped of Newgrounds blatantly. I wanted nothing more from RG but a way to learn how to make a portal, forums, etc.

It was a canvas that I used to learn PHP, MySQL, and other online languages.

Ditto to that. RG was how I learned PHP and MySQL as well, and it was fun to add little features here and there. Granted, most of the code behind that website was a constantly growing pile of crap, but hey, it was fun. ;-) Oh, and Quik, if you get the site back up, I'll be sure to come hang out, but I'm afraid I haven't got enough free time to help code. :-(

NG has an art portal now? That's just silly.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-09 17:12:19

At 7/9/09 12:41 AM, Gooch wrote: Having a revival may not bring back all those from the first community of users, but we may be able to build a new base. It's basically just a friendly get-together with some art on the side. :D

Perfect way to describe it. As annoying as it was sometimes I was amusing watching some of the drama unfold with some of the users there. But only to a point, obviously. I remember some of the great discussions we had in the BBS there. Hell, I vividly remember one which took place in the politics forum when someone compared Bush Jr. to Hitler.

At 7/9/09 10:48 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Oh, and Quik, if you get the site back up, I'll be sure to come hang out, but I'm afraid I haven't got enough free time to help code. :-(

Not a problem at all, I completely understand.

NG has an art portal now? That's just silly.

The look and function of it is even more silly.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-09 17:24:09

At 7/9/09 05:12 PM, QuikFox wrote:
At 7/9/09 12:41 AM, Gooch wrote: NG has an art portal now? That's just silly.
The look and function of it is even more silly.

I agree, it seems to serve no purpose other then to say "hey, we now have an art portal!"
The retrogade art portal was far more functional.

However, I would say the deviantart is still the best example of an art portal on the internet.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-09 17:35:37

mmh, Retrogade, I remember it well..

When did it go down? I know that it's been down for a while, but like around when did it go away?

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-10 00:51:03

At 7/9/09 05:35 PM, Narusegawa wrote: When did it go down? I know that it's been down for a while, but like around when did it go away?

Which time?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-10 06:50:21

At 7/10/09 12:51 AM, QuikFox wrote:
At 7/9/09 05:35 PM, Narusegawa wrote: When did it go down? I know that it's been down for a while, but like around when did it go away?
Which time?

Yes, I'm wondering when it went down.. offline, etc..

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-10 10:27:31

At 7/10/09 06:50 AM, Narusegawa wrote:
At 7/10/09 12:51 AM, QuikFox wrote:
Which time?
Yes, I'm wondering when it went down.. offline, etc..

Waaaaaay back in April of 2007: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1996 66/53