Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 12:02:42 Reply

At 11/29/10 11:15 PM, LethalDosage wrote:
At 11/16/10 11:21 AM, Bahamut wrote:
If they did, they definitely wouldn't post, that would lessen their ninja effect by -2

It stays open for the hope of Retrogade returning someday... Damn, this must feel like the new Duke Nukem Forever. Don't worry about me, you're all good right now.

LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 12:42:30 Reply

At 11/30/10 12:02 PM, Bahamut wrote: It stays open for the hope of Retrogade returning someday... Damn, this must feel like the new Duke Nukem Forever. Don't worry about me, you're all good right now.

lol as soon as I seen your post from the main C&C page I checked to see if I could still post ;D
everyone! point at the leper! "ewwwww scabs"

and SK or rocket, or both! respond to QF so I can droll with excitement =]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 13:24:59 Reply

This is off topic but the person I am referring to doesn't want to listen to my e-mails/pm for some reason...
CHANGE YOUR FUCKIN HOTMAIL PASSWORD YOU NOOB - you.have.been.jacked.
Im tired of getting mass e-mails for boner pills you little jerk - I got another one last night from you (ill copy/paste it to you if you'll answer your pms)

That is all =]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 15:25:48 Reply

At 11/30/10 12:42 PM, LethalDosage wrote:
At 11/30/10 12:02 PM, Bahamut wrote: It stays open for the hope of Retrogade returning someday... Damn, this must feel like the new Duke Nukem Forever. Don't worry about me, you're all good right now.
lol as soon as I seen your post from the main C&C page I checked to see if I could still post ;D
everyone! point at the leper! "ewwwww scabs"

and SK or rocket, or both! respond to QF so I can droll with excitement =]

Maybe tomorrow I'll start hashing out a basic forum system that can be fitted into a layout. I make no promises, since I'll probably be doing all of this while I'm at work, but I'll see what I can do. (Plus I have doctor appointments, a new range being delivered, and WoW Cataclysm, so yeaaaah...)

ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 15:27:30 Reply

At 11/29/10 07:12 PM, QuikFox wrote: So, if ShittyKitty or Rocket wants to get a code base established I think it would be possible for me to have the forum layouts completed by the end of the week. Perhaps we could have the forums up and running and then build the site up around it.

THOUGHTS?

Oh yeah, if I do this, I'm only going to be a behind-the-scenes coder, I can't manage the day-to-day stuff like I used to. I've got a lot less free time than I did in college ;-)

QuikFox
QuikFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 03:01:52 Reply

Ok, I have a couple quick preliminary layouts for the forums. It would be great if you could tell me what you would like changed, added, removed, rearranged, or whatever now since it'll be easier to fix as I'm putting this shit all together.

Forum Prelims

At 11/30/10 03:27 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I can't manage the day-to-day stuff like I used to. I've got a lot less free time than I did in college ;-)

I hope that shouldn't be a problem, haha! I'm sure that we can all work together to get this taken care of!

BBS Signature
LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 11:08:38 Reply

At 11/30/10 03:25 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Maybe tomorrow I'll start hashing out a basic forum system that can be fitted into a layout. I make no promises, since I'll probably be doing all of this while I'm at work, but I'll see what I can do. (Plus I have doctor appointments, a new range being delivered, and WoW Cataclysm, so yeaaaah...)

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo =]
lol put the wow down
everyone give sk a e-hand for even thinking about doing it in the midst of all that stuff he just said...his wow for god sakes! =]

At 12/1/10 03:01 AM, QuikFox wrote: Forum Prelims

what is this ?.. a center for ants ?...it needs to be at leasttt...3 times bigger then this..

looks clean, I can't see nothing that needs to be changed - ima sit here for an hour and stare at it though - then start complaining about shit
ill be back

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 14:33:53 Reply

At 12/1/10 03:01 AM, QuikFox wrote: Ok, I have a couple quick preliminary layouts for the forums. It would be great if you could tell me what you would like changed, added, removed, rearranged, or whatever now since it'll be easier to fix as I'm putting this shit all together.

Forum Prelims

I've got a basic stripped-down version of the main forum page working, with a little bit of the user database and forum database implemented. I'll probably start working on the topic page now. I've pretty much just taken the layout you posted and made some text-based stuff that looks like it, so it'll be relatively easy to plug into your layout once you slice it. (and you should get on AIM / give me your contact info so we can do this more easily :-P )

ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 17:15:59 Reply

Alright, I've posted what I've got working on my web server: http://retrogade.jfsoftware.com It definitely ain't pretty, but it's somewhat functional. At the moment, you can only view what already exists. The only user is ShittyKitty (password is "password" without the quotes).

LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 17:32:15 Reply

At 12/1/10 05:15 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: definitely ain't pretty

*dances a jig*
sh...she's... beautiful! *cries*
I tried to log on and get first post but it didn't work >:(

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
SeeD419
SeeD419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 05:36:22 Reply

At 12/1/10 05:15 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Alright, I've posted what I've got working on my web server: http://retrogade.jfsoftware.com It definitely ain't pretty, but it's somewhat functional. At the moment, you can only view what already exists. The only user is ShittyKitty (password is "password" without the quotes).

Hey now there's a start, lol.

Yeah I tried to register, no dice :(

Minecraft server: alureon.net
PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download
Sig by illicit

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 10:07:46 Reply

Heh, yeah, I haven't actually written the pages for registering or posting messages yet (and you can't get first post, because I already got it :-P ). In any case, this is a test platform, so even if I let you sign up now, everything would get wiped before the site went public. A few notes on implementation improvements from Retrogade 1.0:

* script.aculo.us for JavaScript-based animations and dynamic pages (it'll be pretty!)
* Anti-SQL injection code built into every database call (it'll be more secure)
* Written to exist in any home directory (it'll be easier to move between hosts when necessary - that's what really killed RG 1.0) (I'm writing the page using a local server on my work machine, then uploading to a live server with a completely different setup, so I'll be able to catch any problems)
* Fresh new codebase and database (it'll be faster, more reliable, and easier to maintain)

Now I just need QuikFox to finish some layouts and give me some contact info. We'll just try to get the forum up and running first (the main page URL will redirect to the forum) and see where we can go from there. I make absolutely zero promises, but if QF can get me what I need, we might see the beginnings of a new Retrogade by the middle of the month (MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT, I can't stress that enough!)

QuikFox
QuikFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 12:15:27 Reply

At 12/2/10 05:36 AM, SeeD419 wrote: Yeah I tried to register, no dice :(

I tried to login as ShittyKitty and I got a big fat failure as well.

At 12/2/10 10:07 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Now I just need QuikFox to finish some layouts and give me some contact info. We'll just try to get the forum up and running first (the main page URL will redirect to the forum) and see where we can go from there. I make absolutely zero promises, but if QF can get me what I need, we might see the beginnings of a new Retrogade by the middle of the month (MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT, I can't stress that enough!)

I think I've got most everything complete, it just a few finishing touches, I can have them done before the end of the weekend. For the "Post a Reply" pages did you prefer that they be on a separate page or would you care if a script.aculo.us effect would reveal a "Post a Reply" box on the same page as the thread itself? Perhaps have a lightbox come up with the post page? Did you get a chance to look at the preliminarily layouts I put up on DA? Anything you would like clarification or changes on? Obviously I have some things on the layout which we don't need to have up and running right away, I was just thinking about the future.

BBS Signature
LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 12:29:02 Reply

At 12/2/10 10:07 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: (and you can't get first post, because I already got it :-P ).
At 12/2/10 12:15 PM, QuikFox wrote:

First to login as shittykitty!

and SK the point is to be the first to post after you, you already have the honorary pope position =]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 14:10:54 Reply

At 12/2/10 12:15 PM, QuikFox wrote:

At 12/2/10 10:07 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: Now I just need QuikFox to finish some layouts and give me some contact info. We'll just try to get the forum up and running first (the main page URL will redirect to the forum) and see where we can go from there. I make absolutely zero promises, but if QF can get me what I need, we might see the beginnings of a new Retrogade by the middle of the month (MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT, I can't stress that enough!)
I think I've got most everything complete, it just a few finishing touches, I can have them done before the end of the weekend. For the "Post a Reply" pages did you prefer that they be on a separate page or would you care if a script.aculo.us effect would reveal a "Post a Reply" box on the same page as the thread itself? Perhaps have a lightbox come up with the post page? Did you get a chance to look at the preliminarily layouts I put up on DA? Anything you would like clarification or changes on? Obviously I have some things on the layout which we don't need to have up and running right away, I was just thinking about the future.

I've been working off of the Forum Prelims image that you posted at http://quikfox.deviantart.com/art/New-Re troGade-Forum-Prelim-188083787 I don't have any huge questions yet, anything that I'm unsure about can wait until later. For the reply posting, I'd personally like a slide-out reply box. For creating a new topic, though, I'm not sure how you'll want to implement that.

So far, I've got a very basic registration page, profile page, and posting page. Yay!

...and I'm not sure why you people couldn't log in, it works just fine for me...*shrug*...

ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 14:31:28 Reply

At 12/2/10 02:10 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: So far, I've got a very basic registration page, profile page, and posting page. Yay!

...and now they're online. Registration is enabled, but be aware that since this is only for testing, any accounts that are created or posts that are made could disappear without notice! Note that the quoting system isn't very fancy yet, but it's a start...

QuikFox
QuikFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 22:24:09 Reply

At 12/2/10 02:10 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I've been working off of the Forum Prelims image that you posted at http://quikfox.deviantart.com/art/New-Re troGade-Forum-Prelim-188083787 I don't have any huge questions yet, anything that I'm unsure about can wait until later. For the reply posting, I'd personally like a slide-out reply box. For creating a new topic, though, I'm not sure how you'll want to implement that.

I was thinking that we'd use the same premise as the reply posting for the new topic postings; just a simple slide out box at the top of each forum category. I just figured it would cut down on pages and then you can actually review the threads and posts already existing in case you want to quote something to make reference to an existing thread. Plus it'll beat having to wait for the posting page to load.

So far, I've got a very basic registration page, profile page, and posting page. Yay!

Great. You've got some very nice progress going along there. I'm working to be mad to get the layouts down quickly. Having trouble with the larger text though, for me it doesn't look like the text is being displayed properly. It doesn't look like anti-aliasing is on, I see some small jagged edges on the text. So I'm just working on that and I should be set.

BBS Signature
QuikFox
QuikFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-02 22:53:14 Reply

I just chose a different font and I feel that it looks much better. So the headers will have a different font from what is displayed in the prelims.

BBS Signature
LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 00:51:30 Reply

first post on a temporary forum that will be dumped at any given moment! win

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
SeeD419
SeeD419
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 04:37:20 Reply

At 12/3/10 12:51 AM, LethalDosage wrote: first post on a temporary forum that will be dumped at any given moment! win

Damnit. Third! I get the bronze medal.

Looking good so far. I made a point to register SeeD419 AND SeeD without the numbers, which NG has had taken since 99 (inactive, and utterly useless account)

I suppose I may have to re-register those, but w/e. Good progress at least.

Minecraft server: alureon.net
PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download
Sig by illicit

BBS Signature
LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 08:51:38 Reply

At 12/3/10 04:37 AM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 12/3/10 12:51 AM, LethalDosage wrote: first post on a temporary forum that will be dumped at any given moment! win
Damnit. Third! I get the bronze medal.

another 3rd for the mochi score boards eh seed lol //bad joke

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 09:21:53 Reply

Haha, I just realized I've got the posts in reverse order on the topics pages. This is why alpha testers are always nifty ;-)

ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 11:01:19 Reply

http://retrogade.jfsoftware.com

BBCode-style markups are online, and the quoting system actually includes original post info now. Also, the posts and topics are correctly sorted.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 13:20:26 Reply

At 12/3/10 11:01 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: http://retrogade.jfsoftware.com

BBCode-style markups are online, and the quoting system actually includes original post info now. Also, the posts and topics are correctly sorted.

Wow, this and the alpha version of the site I wasn't expecting. I have some hopes for Retrogade after all.

ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 13:48:26 Reply

Moderator tools are now online. (QF, you're the only mod at the moment, so you can see/test them)

ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 15:14:42 Reply

I've got a basic forum search page up and running: http://retrogade.jfsoftware.com/forum/se arch You can also get to that page by clicking on a user's post count. I think I'm done for today, I'll do some more work on Monday (probably won't do any over the weekends, since my test environment is on my work machine)

QuikFox
QuikFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 15:18:04 Reply

At 12/3/10 03:14 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I think I'm done for today, I'll do some more work on Monday

So far you've made massive progress so I don't blame you for stopping. I'll have the layouts completed by the end of the weekend!

By the by, the mod tools work just fine.

BBS Signature
LethalDosage
LethalDosage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 17:46:49 Reply

At 12/3/10 03:18 PM, QuikFox wrote: By the by, the mod tools work just fine.

no they don't; I'm not banned yet you >:FAG(

also, again, very nice work SK, you turned a bunch of muttering in the corner into something in a matter of days, kudos dude

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature
ShittyKitty
ShittyKitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 22:50:13 Reply

At 12/3/10 05:46 PM, LethalDosage wrote:
At 12/3/10 03:18 PM, QuikFox wrote: By the by, the mod tools work just fine.
no they don't; I'm not banned yet you >:FAG(

Yeah, I haven't written the ban tools yet. I've also got a system set up so that deleted posts and topics can be viewed and undeleted later on, so it'll be easy to undo any mistakes. :-D

Rocket
Rocket
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-03 23:31:59 Reply

Hey guys,

ShittyKitty, you are fucking awesome. I should be checking back more often, I didn't think we'd be working to get this off the ground. So my skills stand in the middle of both Quik and ShittyKitty. I work with html, css, and javascript, however when it comes to the database and php, not so much. So I guess this is where SK would come into play.

You guys can contact me at dan@coffeepowered.ca from now on. I'll keep checking in from time to time.

Cheers guys

BBS Signature