00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,010,228 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-11 22:07:46

At 3/11/08 09:42 PM, Cericon wrote: I played SSE with a friend today.
Alot easier I say.

I thought playing it co-op was harder, of coarse my friend sucks so thats probably why. Dam Im doingcrappy on the wi-fi matches, I haven't even won once yet X(

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-11 23:06:15

At 3/11/08 10:07 PM, Matt2358 wrote:
At 3/11/08 09:42 PM, Cericon wrote: I played SSE with a friend today.
Alot easier I say.
I thought playing it co-op was harder, of coarse my friend sucks so thats probably why. Dam Im doingcrappy on the wi-fi matches, I haven't even won once yet X(

I decided to go out on a limb and hold an Anyone match on Wi-Fi today.
To my surprise, four people joined almost instantly!

They were all very good, I didn't think I'd win, but I managed to win all four of the matches before my friends came over and we decided to go skating.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-11 23:12:16

Also, are Roy and MewTwo in the U.S Brawl?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-11 23:38:38

I should mention that my name online will be SM12 or Rick

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-11 23:41:17

At 3/11/08 11:12 PM, Cericon wrote: Also, are Roy and MewTwo in the U.S Brawl?

No. I think it is better off to not have them in it, if Japan doesn't. Roy would just be a clone, and he doesn't matter enough. And Mewtwo got knocked around too easy, and Lucario looks like a well enough replacement.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-11 23:45:31

So, I guess this means there is no downloadable content either.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 00:09:54

Hey everyone!!!!

Since my Wii won't work in my room I am bringing it to my computer and hooking it up here. Anyone and everyone who wants a match tonight, let me know. I will face any and all opposition! :)

Rocker has first match and as soon as I talk to others I am sure it will fill up quick so let me know asap if you can play me or not, send me an IM on AIM at "GoodfellaMyst"

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 00:16:00

At 3/11/08 06:15 PM, AlexJS wrote: I've registered everyone in the SSBC. Please add me if you haven't already.
3050-7256-3314

Yeah, what happened to you? I tried joining a brawl you had open, but it kept kicking me out....

Played against Truth again today.
Round1: Wolf(me) vs. Pikachu(Truth)
Fianl Destination
I won

Round2: Ike vs. Pikachu
Castle Seige
Truth won

Round3: Ganon vs. Pikachu
Bridge of Eldin
I won

Round4: Link vs. Pikachu
WarioWare
Truth won

Good job out there Truth. I've added most of you,but you still need to add me

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 00:45:43

At 3/12/08 12:16 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: Pikachu(Truth)

I cannot understand why people would use one character for every match.

It seems like it would be so repetitive, and make the person look boring.

I suppose if you were playing simply to win, but it's a video game, and a game is meant for fun.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 00:50:36

At 3/12/08 12:45 AM, Kuro wrote:
At 3/12/08 12:16 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: Pikachu(Truth)
I cannot understand why people would use one character for every match.

I suppose if you were playing simply to win, but it's a video game, and a game is meant for fun.

Last time, he switched characters. Mostly I switch between my four, just to see how I can work with better for online/lag purposes. Part of me does want to win, SO I CAN GET MORE RESPECT AROUND HERE!!!

lol. jk. I just wanna win, while having fun

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 01:33:27

Fucking sweet!!!!

Lotus has entered Brawl.

Friend code: 4940-5163-7192

If you add me then let me know and I will add you in return.

Also, I found out what the problem is, my Wii isn't messed up, its the wire running to my room thats fucked, someone cut it and tried to splice it wrong so I am going to fix it tomorrow since its rather late tonight. ^.^

Night everyone, let me know if you'd like to play. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 02:18:29

Hey Rocker, I just remembered how we scheduled a fight long ago and how I'd be Olimar. But I suck as him, despite his awesome move set.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 04:16:30

At 3/12/08 12:45 AM, Kuro wrote: I cannot understand why people would use one character for every match.

Part of the fun is becoming good with a character, or a few of them. At least in my opinion

I mean, yeah, you can get good with *every* character but that takes way too much time. Melee showed us that it took years to truly become good with a character.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 04:56:56

At 3/12/08 04:16 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: Part of the fun is becoming good with a character, or a few of them. At least in my opinion

I mean, yeah, you can get good with *every* character but that takes way too much time. Melee showed us that it took years to truly become good with a character.

I suppose it's not really my area. I'm a casual player in these sorts of games, through and through.

I'd never take the time to actively pursue perfection in any characters, and would tend to just pick random every time.

That's what I do in other fighting games.

I find it to be more enjoyable just playing than actively competing.

I suppose that's why I never really get good in these games.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 06:43:33

In spite of my promise to try to play the game more casually, which i'm still somewhat doing, I find myself picking certain characters more often and going into Group Brawl against CPUs when no friends are around to learn little details and strats.

It wasn't so apparent until I found my Brawl Data in the Data section and saw that Meta Knight had the most play time and kills.

Even through all the mixed reactions i've gone through, i'm turning out to really like the char. Being fully aware of his light weight and lacking of power, and also being aware that he is not necessarily immediately labeled the best of the game, He seems to just suit the way I play. In some add fasion, he reminds me of Fox from Melee. At least, the way I would main.

And DeDeDe, oh boy. He's just to awesome not to play as.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 08:16:22

At 3/12/08 12:16 AM, Rocker23220 wrote:
At 3/11/08 06:15 PM, AlexJS wrote: I've registered everyone in the SSBC. Please add me if you haven't already.
3050-7256-3314
Yeah, what happened to you? I tried joining a brawl you had open, but it kept kicking me out....

Same here, i tried joining his game twice, and got kicked out both times. It would be funny if we both somehow canceled each other out of the match.

WarioWare
Truth won

I had no idea what was going on in that match. Worst level.

At 3/12/08 01:33 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Lotus has entered Brawl.

Friend code: 4940-5163-7192

Awesome, ill add you next time i play.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 10:19:19

I was playing with my friends yesterday and I unlocked Luigi, so we did an all luigi match... and then we unlocked luigi's mansion because of this, the match was so great, I found myself screaming ZA WARUDO ! with each final smash... lol.

My mains are now (in that order): Lucas, Luigi, Ike, Rob, Metaknight (luigi and ike being equal) (and there isnt great difference between them anyway)

Rob is strong... seriously...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 11:16:05

ha....man, fuckin marth fight was pretty rough, espically when you start the match after:

- You are the ice climbers
- a random bomborb kills your partner
- 30% damage....

still, I managed a win by grabbing a GOLDEN HAMMER! so fuckin lucky.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 12:09:51

At 3/12/08 01:33 AM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Lotus has entered Brawl.

Sweeet. Glad you got it figured out. I'll take you on today/tonight. Lol. Can't wait.

At 3/12/08 02:18 AM, Dark-Heart wrote: Hey Rocker, I just remembered how we scheduled a fight long ago and how I'd be Olimar. But I suck as him, despite his awesome move set.

Yeah, I remember. I saw you with an open room, but I didn't join cuz I was trying to help Lotus figure out his internet. Lol. Aaww, what a shame. But I thought you said you were going to pwn me with him????? To show me how powerful he is...You're not backing out now, are you????? MWAHAHAH!!!!!!

You all must admit it, Olimar just can't cut it.

At 3/12/08 08:16 AM, Truth wrote:
At 3/12/08 12:16 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: Yeah, what happened to you? I tried joining a brawl you had open, but it kept kicking me out....
Same here, i tried joining his game twice, and got kicked out both times. It would be funny if we both somehow canceled each other out of the match.

XD

WarioWare
Truth won
I had no idea what was going on in that match. Worst level.

I think pretty much, it's like we're in the game itself, and we have to do what it says. We win, we get good stuff (like how I got that star). You lose.......no idea what happens. I just wanted to try it.

At 3/12/08 10:19 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: I was playing with my friends yesterday and I unlocked Luigi, so we did an all luigi match... and then we unlocked luigi's mansion because of this, the match was so great, I found myself screaming ZA WARUDO ! with each final smash... lol.

wtf???? za warudo???? I think I missed something here......

My mains are now (in that order): Lucas, Luigi, Ike, Rob, Metaknight (luigi and ike being equal) (and there isnt great difference between them anyway)

Rob is strong... seriously...

He is. I've used him a couple of times. In capable hands, (I'm kinda partway there) he can be a major force to be reckoned with.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 12:41:22

At 3/12/08 12:31 PM, Grammer wrote: Side note: I'm not a tourneyfag but I prefer no items. If you want them, fine, I'll still fight you, it's just that I prefer the match to be based on skill, not if you were the one to break the smash ball.

I don't see a problem with that.

Sometimes I regret setting items on. Especially when a Blast Box appears right in fucking front of me while I'm charging a FSmash with Mario.

BOOM. The end.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 12:50:17

Oh, right. I was going to say something.

Online matches let you have a 2nd, or even 3rd player join in with a match against other players online, just press Start/+.
The little indicator below the roster is hardly noticeable.

Also, I'm noticing how absurd these challenges are. Has anyone beat Lv. 5 Targets in 30 seconds?

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 15:27:01

Friend code:

2019-9378-2299

Been playing my ass off for the last two days.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 17:55:11

At 3/12/08 12:41 PM, AlexJS wrote: Sometimes I regret setting items on. Especially when a Blast Box appears right in fucking front of me while I'm charging a FSmash with Mario.

BOOM. The end.

I also hate items somtimes.

On SSB melee today (I LIVE IN EUROPE OK?) I was one minute away from completing the 15 minute multi man brawl and BAM, a random bomb-omb landed on me.

I nearly ripped my controller :"(

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 18:12:27

At 3/12/08 12:09 PM, Rocker23220 wrote: Yeah, I remember. I saw you with an open room, but I didn't join cuz I was trying to help Lotus figure out his internet. Lol. Aaww, what a shame. But I thought you said you were going to pwn me with him????? To show me how powerful he is...You're not backing out now, are you????? MWAHAHAH!!!!!!

Hell no I'm not backing down. I suck as him in comparison to most other characters, but I'm at least decent. And also, I don't consider helping Lotus an uncredible excuse (meaning I believe you. I wasn't playing as Olimar at the time anyway.), but we still have to have our match sometime. If nothing else, it'll be fun.

You all must admit it, Olimar just can't cut it.

If he can't, then why is he in the game? He's hard to play, but an excellent and variable character none-the-less. He takes some time getting used to. Mainly, having to keep track of your Pikmen and pressing B when you run out. He makes the player have to be strategic. Maybe you just don't have that level of thinking. (not saying you're dumb or anything, but maybe you like simpler characters)

Also, I've learned something. When you want to do your normal A combo, you can just hold down the A button. Metaknight's is cheap, and for other characters, your first hit has to get the opponent to really do anything. Kinda funny as Zero Suit Samus though.

And one last thing. Can someone do me a favor? I've noticed that when you hit Petey Pirana in the head, both cages take equal damage. Could someone tell me what happens if you only hit him in the head? I can't get it.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 19:10:38

At 3/12/08 06:12 PM, Dark-Heart wrote: Could someone tell me what happens if you only hit him in the head? I can't get it.

That doesn't seem too hard. Just keep down airing his head.

Anyhow, I've been messing around with Olimar, and have come to a conclusion.

Olimar is very powerful in the air. His recovery isn't bad, either- unless you press the control stick away from the stage, the "whip" actually homes in on the stage, meaning that his recovery isn't all vertical- it has horizontal distance, too.

Olimar's front air/back air can for an effective wall of pain, beating someone off the stage and spiking them to their death with his down air meteor smash (Yes, his D-air does spike). On the ground, he's fine, but I use him better when he's hopping around.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 19:24:18

I think im ready for the tournament! Won several matches online with Pikachu, some of you were there to witness it. I even got the crowd on my side for the first time in Brawl.

a few notes:
-You need Wii codes in order to send videos and photos.
-Pikachu has a very weak special, I don't think I've killed anyone with it yet.
-who is Cheez?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 19:33:11

The Wi-Fi thing is annoying. It barely ever works.

Also, the Friend list thing is going weirdly too.
Yesterday, I saw a friend holding a room with 3/4 people in it.
I thought it'd be fun to fight a free for all Brawl.

It let me in instantly, but when I looked at the other players character screens, it said seeking.
I dunno if that's normal, or some glitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 22:32:11

I tried playing one basic brawl on WiFi. It was HORRIBLE. When I played at first, everything was good, the controls were delayed be a half of second, but it wasn't that bad...Then it happened. Major slooooooow dooooooown.... Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Can somebody please tell me how to help my problem?

I had a signature once, but it bit me and ran away.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 22:47:08

At 3/12/08 10:32 PM, StickReaper wrote: I tried playing one basic brawl on WiFi. It was HORRIBLE. When I played at first, everything was good, the controls were delayed be a half of second, but it wasn't that bad...Then it happened. Major slooooooow dooooooown.... Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Can somebody please tell me how to help my problem?

No problem. You just occasionally have those matches where you face that guy who has that extremely crappy internet connection.

Still don't have a Wii...

A proud member of the SSBC.

My Gamespot home forum.

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that put demons to shame.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2008-03-12 23:03:15

At 3/12/08 12:31 PM, Grammer wrote: Side note: I'm not a tourneyfag but I prefer no items. If you want them, fine, I'll still fight you, it's just that I prefer the match to be based on skill, not if you were the one to break the smash ball.

A fight for the shiny glowing ball change from only fighting, and it require some luck yes, but some skills too, since you got to break it, and you can attack your enemy to make him lose it...