00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,001,649 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 15:46:05

At 11/26/07 03:42 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 11/26/07 03:37 PM, Cericon wrote: I plan to use the normal controls from Melee to play. Im used to then and they bring out my full smashing capacity.
Same for me, I will disable the tap jump tough... it will make up attacks more easy to do

I dunno, whenever I fight if the other person gets into the air. How will you chase them?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 16:33:32

At 11/26/07 01:48 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 11/26/07 07:41 AM, Loney03DK wrote: And I think I'll turn that Smash thing off where you swing the Wii Remote, I could easily see me accidentaly doing a Smash Attack in the air, costing me the game. :o
you can't do a smash attack in the air...

Well I meant an Attack that is caused by swinging the Wiimote in the air. I was in a hurry this morning! >.<

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 17:16:45

At 11/26/07 03:46 PM, Cericon wrote:

Same for me, I will disable the tap jump tough... it will make up attacks more easy to do
I dunno, whenever I fight if the other person gets into the air. How will you chase them?

X?

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 19:02:32

At 11/26/07 05:16 PM, Guitardude wrote:
At 11/26/07 03:46 PM, Cericon wrote:

X?

I guess I misunderstood.

Hey guys, question time, what is your favorite item? My favorite item is the sensor bomb. I use it very tacticly. My two favorite tactic are when I throw one in front of me, the enemy starts to walk/run up to me, I shoot and arrow at it and they got a shot of BOOM in they're face.
Second is I throw one up while under a platform, and while the enemy is walk/running up to me I grab them with my hook and throw them up. But Im sure most of you know this move.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 19:10:56

At 11/26/07 07:02 PM, Cericon wrote: Hey guys, question time, what is your favorite item? My favorite item is the sensor bomb. I use it very tacticly. My two favorite tactic are when I throw one in front of me, the enemy starts to walk/run up to me, I shoot and arrow at it and they got a shot of BOOM in they're face.
Second is I throw one up while under a platform, and while the enemy is walk/running up to me I grab them with my hook and throw them up. But Im sure most of you know this move.

My favorite item is the Beam Sword, because it makes almost everyone look badass. (Well maybe not Pichu) EX: I think you'd all agree that JigglyPuff doesn't look so badass, right? Put on her bandana and give her the Beam Sword and there ya go. ;)

My second favorite is the Motion Sensor Bomb, for the same reasons as Cericon. Exept I don't use Link... (I'm starting to get pretty good with Young Link though)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 19:38:01

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!
URGENT!! URGENT!!

We have a crisis on our hands, gentlemen. In my hands, I hold the latest issue of 'GameInformer' magazine. They featured an article on Smash. I automatically flipped to it, to see if there were any secrets. We are in trouble men. May I present: Article #1

What could this mean? Good, bad, depends on your preferences. I, personally, don't think she would be a good addition. All she did was attack with her hair. Hopefully, this only means she's an assist trophy, or is just seen in a cutscene or something.

Question 2: That seems to be a new stage, anyone recognize that from anywhere?
Question 3: What the HELL is up with that banana? It's got legs, eyes, and a hand?!?!?

I've scanned, and nothing else to be reported. Only old news.

Except that they think Yoshi sucks.

I'll continue to keep you posted on anything else I learn. Rocker ou.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 19:53:13

I would say it is fake, because the graphics in both Dixie and the banana dosent match the quality of the graphics in brawl...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 20:25:19

At 11/26/07 07:38 PM, Rocker23220 wrote: What could this mean? Good, bad, depends on your preferences. I, personally, don't think she would be a good addition. All she did was attack with her hair. Hopefully, this only means she's an assist trophy, or is just seen in a cutscene or something.

Question 2: That seems to be a new stage, anyone recognize that from anywhere?
Question 3: What the HELL is up with that banana? It's got legs, eyes, and a hand?!?!?

Heheh... I actually thought about that, but the graphics kinda threw me off. The Banana is "Xananab" (aparently) according to SmashWiki.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 20:28:07

At 11/26/07 07:53 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: I would say it is fake, because the graphics in both Dixie and the banana dosent match the quality of the graphics in brawl...

No, it's not fake.

1.) I'm looking right at it, and everything else is 100% genuine.
2.) She looks like Diddy, and I have two pics of Diddy back-to-back.

I don't think a magazine like this would be posting one fake picture amongst tons of real ones.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 20:52:06

That picture is real. It's from a screenshot from this video.

Brawl would have been released next week. =(

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 21:24:49

Ummm rocker thats a picture of trophys from a past update.XD

I think Im going to use the remote/nunchuck config.Looks just as good as the GC controller.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 21:35:54

It's a screenshot from one of their examples of the arrangements of trophies you can do to make dioramas. Like the stickers. Example with that same banana in it.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 21:41:03

Oh........okay, then. Crisis averted. I guess I never really payed that much attention to it, plus the fact that all the other pics in the mag were battle pics threw me off a little.

Sorry about the false alarm guys

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 22:26:48

Check this baby out:

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 23:08:15

Thats a pretty cool stage, im currently working on one too

thanks for the level creator Alex

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-26 23:54:46

ok I got my stage!

I guess ill call it Matt's cradle (get it? Cats cradle?) because of the structure you start in.

And by the way, its scaled down because this is a big stage, thats why the starting places are smaller.

at the top you can start at the beginning again or play king of the hill.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 00:05:44

At 11/26/07 11:54 PM, Matt2358 wrote: ok I got my stage!

I guess ill call it Matt's cradle (get it? Cats cradle?) because of the structure you start in.

And by the way, its scaled down because this is a big stage, thats why the starting places are smaller.

at the top you can start at the beginning again or play king of the hill.

Awesome! Hey, how about we all make stages to show off to each other? Or stock up on ideas for levels to submit each day. I think that our knowledge of stuff can come together to help us all become the greatest stage collection in the World!
Nah, just kidding. I call this one "Jagged Ice." (and the last one would be Logical Suicide(Being that you'd have to die a few times before you got the hang of not dieing))

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 02:19:26

I'll get to the stage thing later.

Woo, boy, wide-screen.........how fun. Snake's almost hunched over like a mummy or something. Lol.

Hmm, Donkey Kong theme. It's.......interesting...

6/10

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 02:38:24

Widescreen = Boo!
DK Theme = Yay!
Rocker responding before me = WTF?! (jk)

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 06:44:13

Weak update(s).
Not "This sucks and I hate the fact that Nintendo thought this was revelant to what I wanted" weak...
But more like "This update could be much better if at least one of them was characer related" weak.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 07:18:37

Brawl comes out soon.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 07:40:21

At 11/27/07 07:18 AM, samoman41 wrote: Brawl comes out soon.

If you consider 2 months son...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 11:48:32

Those are some good stages guys. But somethings I should mention.

- If you're going to enlarge an piece, make sure it's proportional. But, say stretching a 1x1 block to 5x1 block isn't much of a problem.

- Flat conveyor belts are seen at the bottom on a unit of a grid. Place them as low as you can on a box.

- Pieces should snap to the grid. If they're not in place, use your arrow keys to nudge them around.

- I though about it an ladders might not be able to go trough a wall. If you hit some one or decide to get off, you're stuck in a block, aren't ya? If fact, it wouldn't make any sense to put them on each other...

That's about it. It's not like you have to listen, just some things I though I'd say. To get a higher resolution screenshot, press F5 to go into a slideshow.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 12:26:19

I just put this together as well. Can't think of a name for it...

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 15:57:41

The DK music was funky, but the Wide Screen thing update was pointless. :( Did anyone notice that like every update lately is a Game Mode?

If you could call them that... wait did I just say funky?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 16:48:15

I thought of this at school: What if 3-4 of us get together and program a stage creator like this one, then make it testible by a stick figure? Possible features:

-Different types of platforms IE Ice moving platforms

-Random events IE Norfair'sLava Wave; Pokemon Stadium Changes (doubtful that this could be done, but still an idea)

-Different appearancs for platforms IE not the drab color of blue al the time

-(Unlikely but possible)actually add characters and make it be like a second SFB

-Breakable walls/platforms

We could even have some of the people here do the art. It'd be like a crew project!

Opinions please!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 17:24:26

Wow, if you look at the widescreen Version, Snake looks like Mario and Vice-Versa! That's amazing...

Also, does anyone see the NG Tank in the clouds? It could be a sign...

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 17:54:53

Hey, I have another question about the Wii.
Does the Wii support its own Wi-fi?

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 18:00:28

At 11/27/07 05:54 PM, knuxrouge wrote: Hey, I have another question about the Wii.
Does the Wii support its own Wi-fi?

I don't think so. If you mean can it be online without a nearby connection, no. I kinda don't understand the question. Here's a side question. How do I figure out my friend code?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-27 18:48:45

At 11/27/07 06:00 PM, Dark-Heart wrote: How do I figure out my friend code?

Friend codes are games specific, and are given in-game. Wii codes are for the Wii, are on the first page of your address book.

BBS Signature