00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted XMenheraAngelMyuX supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

423,407 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-26 18:30:46

At 1/26/06 01:36 PM, dsmking wrote: Anyways wheres lundi. He just disapeared. I miss him

Been busy, i'
m helpin out a lot at school, and i son't want too many people to know, but....i've been doing some chores around the community, keep it quiet. I've been tired, but good to know i've been missed.

O and an extremely good note. MY old instructor just got out of Iraq so ill probably see him soon. YAY!!!!!

Awesome, i probably get to see my brother, who is partially an instructor as well to me, soon as well. My dad said he's getting ticvkets to visit soon.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-26 20:45:22

No shin i know you where joking about the guns thing. I was gonna make fun of someone but they would have probably cried. *looks around*

Lundi doing something good for the community. I KNEW IT!!!!!! You're not as big of an asshole as you try to be. Haha. Softie. Nah thats good though.

One more exam and i can go back to tirin myself out so bad in training. I usually train so much that the next day im like sleeping all day in school but i haven't been able to lately. One more day. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-26 21:48:19

my ninjutsu instructer says that he is teaching us to become instucters ourselves, so that we can go out and teach our own students and what not. after i heard him say that i dedcided that when i do the techniques he shows us, that im gonna interprete them more to make them suit me better (which is what the art is about, but i tried to stay closer to his teachings before). for instance, we were doing counter throws, and our opponent would have had a sword on his belt. the teacher showed us how to twist the sword scabbered in a way to use it to push them down to the ground. what i did was pull the sword out o their scabbered as they went down, then doing somthing like stabbing them or cutting them in a certain place, i tried to be diffrent everytime when i did it too.i think he likes it when i do it that, he would tell me "nice" and stuff when he watched me do the technique. tohugh if its somtihng like how to throw someone, then there is kinda only one way to do it.

oh, and mono, thats a cool site, i signed up for the newsletter thing, thanks for sharing it.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-26 22:37:34

At 1/26/06 09:48 PM, Tsuchiya wrote: my ninjutsu instructer says that he is teaching us to become instucters ourselves, so that we can go out and teach our own students and what not.

my instructer is teaching me the same thing and i've been enjoying it so far. i hurt my shin a little but besides that im fine.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-26 22:59:36

Ya my master teaches us how to one day get our own school and run instructors of ourselves one day. It really is alot of hard work. he even said he would help us open the school when we do. But I still got a long mother fucking way to go ill im ready.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 00:07:33

At 1/26/06 09:48 PM, Tsuchiya wrote: my ninjutsu instructer says that he is teaching us to become instucters ourselves, so that we can go out and teach our own students and what not.

oh, and mono, thats a cool site, i signed up for the newsletter thing, thanks for sharing it.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm always on the look-out for Martial Arts / Self-Defense sites that have practical or useful info. (Not easy! Considering the ridiculous number of sites run by armchair-warriors or just flat out con-artists. A lot of sites I run across are just worthless). I'll post links to more sites that contain good info., as I find them....... Speaking of instructors, did you guys know that NG's very own Ozcar is a TKD instructor, with his own Dojo! He mentioned it not too long ago in a topic on the General forum. Who knowns, if you guys are really interested in what it's like to run your own school; Ozcar might be the guy to ask, on the General forum. Just tossing that out there as an idea, if you guys want to kick it around.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 01:35:05

Hey what's shaking fellow fintatics? Listen I kown Monocrom is the only one on but I have a little dilema..

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and FUCK the prom queen!

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 02:05:03

At 1/27/06 01:35 AM, blamurai wrote: Hey what's shaking fellow fintatics? Listen I kown Monocrom is the only one on but I have a little dilema..

Dude! Don't waste a thread. If you tell us exactly what your dilema is, I might be able to help you. And, if I can't help you, one of the other members might be able to do so when they log-on......... But first you got to tell us your dilema.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 02:13:17

At 1/27/06 02:05 AM, Monocrom wrote:
At 1/27/06 01:35 AM, blamurai wrote: Hey what's shaking fellow fintatics? Listen I kown Monocrom is the only one on but I have a little dilema..
Dude! Don't waste a thread. If you tell us exactly what your dilema is, I might be able to help you. And, if I can't help you, one of the other members might be able to do so when they log-on......... But first you got to tell us your dilema.

sorry bro, any way I created a thread about it cuz I saw you in the general forum, and figured I'd catch you there,any way I have an old teaching buddy that stabbed me in the back and now wants to hang out. any way there is more info on the topic in the general forum, he left me hagning back a year or so by leaving the school as head instructor and totally not demonstrating any self control and it ws right before we were getting the classes ready for promotion

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 03:03:09

To: blamurai- Found your thread in the General forum. With all due respect to Ozcar, I honestly feel that you'd be wasting your time trying to salvage the friendship! Your buddy left you holding the bag! He didn't care about you or the school. According to what you posted, it's obvious that all he really cares about is himself! I've met a lot of people who are like that. It really is best to just cut your loses. He'll pull a similar stunt again, if you give him the chance! (I know I'll probably get some grief from the other members of this club, but I'm just being honest). Think about it......... your "friend" came back and acted as though nothing happened! I wouldn't tell you to cut your loses if he came back and apologized to you, for the B.S. that he pulled. But, he didn't! It shows a lack of integrity, on his part. Maybe it's something you're willing to overlook. But I wouldn't. I honestly do treat people EXACTLY the way they treat me. They treat me well, I become their best friend. Treat me like shit, they'll see a side of me they'd never believe could exist!....... Sorry bro, but you did ask for an honest response. That's what you got. Someone pulled that type of shit on me (without apologizing), I'd tell them to fuck off.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 17:17:58

blamurai: i didnt read your full story so i dont really know whats going on, i would just like to say that all i need to forgive someone is a apology, a real one, but i would also try to make sure that he wouldnt do what he did again before i let him back in

Mono: theres a site, www.winjutsu.com , and although it is mostly a site for ninjutsu and bujinkan stuff you and some other people might find it a little interest the warrior creed part, at least. there is also a link to Jack Hoban's Living Values site, and that site can bring up some interesting things on the psychology of martial arts. for instance he says in there somewhere that there are absolutely no good jobs for a warrior, at all. and he goes on to explain that more himself. the site gos a little bit more into the psychological parts of martial arts, so i thought that you and the other guys might find it a little interesting.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 18:32:22

At 1/27/06 05:17 PM, Tsuchiya wrote: blamurai: i didnt read your full story so i dont really know whats going on, i would just like to say that all i need to forgive someone is a apology, a real one, but i would also try to make sure that he wouldnt do what he did again before i let him back in

Yeah, I found the topic by pulling up his profile and scrolling through his BBS posts. If you want the full story, here's a link to the topic he made on the General forum - http://www.newground../topic.php?id=421714
His "friend" doesn't seem very nice; to put it mildly! .............. Thanks for posting the site! A site that deals with 1 or 2 styles is fine. (My experience is that even the good sites are not all-inclusive). I'll spend some time checking out the site, along with the link to Hoban's site. But, I disagree with the opinion of there not being any good jobs for a warrior. You can join a S.W.A.T. unit, or become Military Special Forces, or teach what you know to those who are interested in those 2 fields of work. The psychological aspect of Martial Arts definitely sounds interesting. Thanks again for posting the site!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 19:19:16

Hey guys, sorry i've been gone. I promised I would make my 3000th post in The NG Floydian Society, and my camera was being stupid so I was forced not to post for a week due to my concience.

Anybody want to fill me in on something?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 20:04:02

At 1/27/06 07:19 PM, -TheFaces wrote: Hey guys, sorry i've been gone. I promised I would make my 3000th post in The NG Floydian Society, and my camera was being stupid so I was forced not to post for a week due to my concience.

Anybody want to fill me in on something?

So that's what happened to you! ......... Let's see, I made my 1337 post, here at the club. Scroll up and you'll see it. (I mentioned it in the post). My 1337 post has a cool link you might want to check out. Also, blamurai wanted to get the opinions of other club members regarding a dilema he's having with an old "friend." (He made the topic in the General forum). Click on the link in the post I made, right before I made this one; to get the full story......... We also discussed training while you're hurt, injured, or in pain! .......... BTW, what do you guys do at the NG Floydian Society? Just curious.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 20:34:04

im interested in joining akido or hapkido but the only type of martial arts around here is chito ryu (i think thats how its spelt) and i quit it after 2 years cause i wanted something with more grapples

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 21:39:28

At 1/27/06 08:04 PM, Monocrom wrote: what do you guys do at the NG Floydian Society? Just curious.

We pretty much just discuss old bands that fit into the Prog. Rock scene somewhere.

And I will try to get to posting about your dilemma sometime later Blamurai.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 22:38:32

Faces what do you think you would miss. This is the fucking martial arts club. It's always about the same things.

Anyways about your dillema, what the fuck is with your master. That is totally not good. You do not ever leave your school. Did he forget how much work he put into the school or did he just feel like spitting on every little thing hes accomplished.

I have an idea of what the "lil dragons thing is". Its for little kids 5 and under i guess. We have a similar thing at my school called the "little ninjas". It's a fun class. 2 kids just graduated from our program last week. I can honestly say they deserve it. Look blam i understand why you are mad and to be honest, i can't blame you. However you should forgive him. If he is putting the effort into making things right he probably has changed. I mean, at times in life we are jerks, and then later in life we realize our mistakes. Maybe he's realized his.

O and WHY THE HELL DOESNT OSCAR JOIN OUR CLUB!!!! Is like the only martial artist i know of on NG Tthat doesnt come here. What a jerk.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 22:59:35

At 1/27/06 10:38 PM, dsmking wrote: O and WHY THE HELL DOESNT OSCAR JOIN OUR CLUB!!!! Is like the only martial artist i know of on NG Tthat doesnt come here. What a jerk.

Um... I think I might be partially responsable for that... but anyways. I don't think you would like Ozcar once you talked to him abit. I have talked to him acouple times in the past and he seems like an asshole unless you are uber NG Famouse.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-27 23:26:51

At 1/27/06 10:59 PM, -TheFaces wrote:

Um... I think I might be partially responsable for that... but anyways. I don't think you would like Ozcar once you talked to him abit. I have talked to him acouple times in the past and he seems like an asshole unless you are uber NG Famouse.

I got to admit, I'm curious as to why you believe you might be partially responsible for that. But, if you don't want to talk about it, I'll understand. Ironicaly, my experience with Ozcar has been positive. Judging by the topics he's started; the guy does have a good sense of humor, and some photoshop skills.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 00:24:35

so i got to ninjutsu early today, and i sat down and listen to my teacher talk with some of the higher ups in the class. i wasnt really listening all the time, but i managed to catch him saying somthing about newgrounds, which leads me to assume that he may actually have an account here somewhere, though probably not, it would be so cool if he did, i'll try and find out if he does or not, and if he does ill put in a good word for this club and try to get him to join. and he was talking too, about Hatsumi Sokes techniques and when he does them, he says that soke somtimes looks like ghost because he does them so fast, and my teacher is in the air force, qualified instucter of the bujinkan, and ninjutsu and all that, he says he somtimes get goosebumps watching Soke do his stuff, soke is like 75 years old too, id hate (by hate i mean love) to have seen him do his stuff 40-50 years ago.

oh ya, the site isnt like psychology (though youve probably found this out already) for like during a fight, it brings up questions as to the basic warrior psychy (i know i spelled that wrong,) like when i said he says there is no good jobs for a warrior, not like where to focus your eyes during a fight. and when he says tehre is no good job for a warrior, he was in teh marines, he not just some random martial arts guy, hes like done this and done that, so hes been around i think, not that i have anything agaisnt you for thinking diffrently, i just to make sure you know he isnt just forming opinions based on what he has read in books.

which leads to my next question, what do you all think is the point of all martial arts? i dont just mean self-defense, or spirituality, but why should we spend our lives learning and mastering fighting techniques, i want to see you guys go down to the core of why your doing the arts, till there is no more ways of seeing it. personally, i take martial arts so the people i love and care for, so i think that martial arts are about protecting the sancticy of life and love, but thats just me.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 01:31:42

To: Tsuchiya - I've got no problem with giving up my spot as the oldest member of this club! No problem at all! Just ask your teacher if he has an NG account. If not, yeah let him know about us and the NG Martial Arts club. Since the Grounds Gold accounts are free, he could just stop by to visit; if he wants to.......... As far as Hoban's opinion is concerned, I never thought for a moment that he was an arm-chair warrior. (Call me crazy, but I don't think you'd bother mentioning his site if YOU thought he was fake). I still disagree with his opinion. I guess it's an example of that old Martial Arts saying, "Even honorable men can disagree." (Sometimes, it really is just a difference of opinion).......... As for the last section of your post, I have always studied Martial Arts as a way to defend myself and to be able to protect my family, from the real-life monsters that walk among us and look like decent people. To me it's as simple as Martial Arts = Self defense + Protecting loved ones. Martial Arts were originaly established with those 2 main goals in mind. Don't get me wrong; I don't see anything wrong with studying a martial art for fun, exercise, to build up one's confidence, for the spiritual aspect, for the sheer challenge in mastering a particular Art, or to just win trophies. But my MAIN goal in studying Martial Arts is the Self-defense / Protection aspect. Always has been, always will be!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 03:41:07

On a side note: While exploring the Clubs & Crews section of the NG BBS, I noticed that the Ninja Clan has a new red tank parked in front of their club. Why? It seems they were pulling the same BS on other clubs that they pulled here! Basically, attacking other clubs by spamming them up! Their members tried to revive the clan, several times yesterday, with no luck! ......... It's somewhat unfortunate, considering that they reached 38 pages in a short amount of time. The leader of the Ninja Clan, thankfully, never returned to our club; after he spammed it up and then asked to join.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 07:10:18

a well isn't that a damn shame, any wya mono that dude I was telling you about the other day made a suprise suggestion, to me abuot hel[p ing him with a demonstration for the Big black belt cerimony at my old school... he said he wants me as a "surpise partner" and we have worked together before on a demo at the time I was yhe leader of the demo team as well. Any way he was plannig out a real live .. Street fighter macth.. Ryu (me )vs. Ken(him)... and I honestly would like to. butI don't know if it is a rouse, to get me back at the school i haven't trained in almost a year and anybody who has quit knows waht you go through, you keep playin out scenarios in your head about a glorious return. And it would be fun to piut that belt on again ... but like I said before Idon't know If I can trust the back stabber... and I reasd your advice on what to tell the dude but, at the same time I would like to patch things up with my old trianing buddy.

OCCUPY SKYRIM!!!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 14:09:53

The ninja club is one of a million. There have been like 100 ninja clubs throughout history and they usually attract spammers. Since the club was like over a week old, either Tom, Wade, or LilJim locked it. Either them or another admin. Mods can't lock older clubs. So its best not to complain about it or anything.

Anywho hows everyones training going. Lately I've been doing alot with the bo staff as well as sparring. Hell one day you guys will see me the Olympics so watch out:p. NO but im serious I WILL BE THERE ONE DAY!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 14:52:07

To: blamurai - I can understand your feelings. He was a good training buddy and a friend. Unfortunately, the key word there is "was." He might not have any intention of leaving you holding the bag again. But, based on his prior behavior and the fact that he still hasn't given you the apology he owes you, I think it's only a matter of time before he does it again! Honestly, I don't think you can trust him. I also believe that his idea is just an attempt to get you back into the school. Your glorious return is likely to last for a short while, before you end up doing ALL the work, again! .......... I do have an idea of what sometimes happens when you leave a martial arts school. For the members of this club, who haven't felt the need to move on to another school, here's a short article that describes what you can expect; if you decide to leave. Click here - http://www.themartia..com/ontheoutside.htm
(Thankfully, you don't have to worry about that sort of thing at MOST places that teach the Western Arts).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 15:06:34

At 1/28/06 07:10 AM, blamurai wrote: don't know if it is a rouse, to get me back at the school i haven't trained in almost a year and anybody who has quit knows waht you go through, you keep playin out scenarios in your head about a glorious return.

Sorry for the double post......... I reread what blamurai posted above. You meant what you go through internaly, in your mind, when you leave a school. Right?....... Sorry for misinterpreting that one line of your post. (The link to the article is still an eye-opener though. Let me know what you think of it).

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 18:06:04

thats a nice site, the last one, though i found the martialism and pasifism sections alot more intriging, probably because the last times i ever left a art i had good excuses, the first being we couldnt afford to keep it up, the second because i was moving. i just finished reading the martialism part, at first i didnt really like it, but upon rereading it several times i came to understand what he meant, and im glad that there are some people like him out there. i get caught up in the spiritual side and psychological alot, and although i know martial arts are about fighting and self -defense, i tend to think about the thought processes too much. i realized earlier that i need to focus more, on that and the techniques also. the pasifism artilce provided more information on the opposite of martialism, and helped me learn from that more too. while i would still ratehr avoid conflict if possible, these articles have helped me realize the importance of the arts and why they exist. thanks for giving the link again, it was very helpful.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 19:21:58

To: Tsuchiya - I'm glad to hear that the articles on www.themartialist.com were a big help to you. Once again, you're welcome. I try to help as best as I can. I also found the Martialism + Pacifism sections to be intriguing. The gentleman who runs the site is friends with the man who runs www.nononsenseselfdefense.com (Guys who are "for real" tend to associate with other guys who are "for real." I recommend checking out the links page at both sites). I do believe that avoiding confilct is best; sadly, you can't always avoid it. That's why I train. Unfortunately, a lack of $$$ or moving away are real reasons why students are forced to leave a good school........... Here's a couple of articles from the martialist website that you may find intriguing as well. 1) "Street People, pro / con" http://www.themartia..ointcounterpoint.htm
A frank discussion between 2 martial artists, regarding the issue of dealing with potentially, unstable Homeless individuals. 2) "A view from the darkside." http://www.themartia..om/0503/darkside.htm
A realistic view of knife fighting. Most people look at me like I'm insane, when I mention that I study knife-combatives. But, I really do understand how to use a knife properly; unlike the 2 trained individuals mentioned in the article! It's truly sad how they ruined their lives because of poor judgement, based on un-realistic training.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 19:47:00

Well I don't take anything but I'm quite known in my school for my fighting techniques(Cos the schools fulla chavs and gangster wannabes). Me and my mates spar all the time and I train with a Korean Kickboxer so yeah...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2006-01-28 20:54:49

mono:i had always thought that using a knife would be hard, at least until my second or third class of ninjutsu we did a little work with knives, when i realized that nearly everything i had learnd (joint locks and arm bars, how to intiate them, etc.) was easily applicle to using knive, just get them stopped in a joint lock or armbar and then its easy to do somthing with a knife, though i would put the knife too their neck and try and show them that i got them were i could kill them. i bet there still is alot more to using a knife, but ive yet to learn it, so im not gonna try and incorporate somthing i dont know into how i fight. i would watch movies were guys would duke it out sort of with knives like they were swords, so i always sort of associated the two, now i know why they dont just call them little swords, because they are a diffrent weapon. i liked the last article, because ninjutsu is also an old art, which was used back in the day to kill people quickly and effectively, but the grandmaster says that he teaches it to apply to this time and age, so while the techniques are still fairly brutal ( by that i mean instead of doing a kick or punch where another art might, it would attempt a throw or wrist lock, both of which would put the assailment in a perfect stop to be either arm bared or locked again in a diffrent position so that the assailer wont be able to move much, and if he does it would be easy to stop him. im glad to see confirmation that other arts take this serously too. i havent read the other articles yet, because i dont want to overload my self and have the other articles lose their meaning because i cant focus properly, so ill read them later. thanks again!