00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

s4kuna just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What art made you popular?

827 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

What art made you popular? 2023-11-26 14:43:44

I would love to see the art to if you want to share it

I made this little doodle the day after my birthday (my brother had given me a Hollow Knight plush as a gift) which got fairly popular out of nowhere. It was the first piece I posted onto the site as well as the piece that got me an instant scout. I'm not even sure why, especially compared it to the much more competent artists on that are usually on Featured lol. That said, I definitely found it endearing to wake up and check Newgrounds with like 80 notifications, haha.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to hide my gloating with modesty but honestly I'm just appreciative of the fact that people seem to really like my artwork and I will continue to make more-- at my own pace and leisure of course.

Art Dump

I like to yap incoherently about my art sometimes

God bless you.

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-26 15:32:40

I am still waiting for that popular part.

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-26 15:36:58

this fucking doodleiu_1120927_8595296.webp

the reason why im a bit mad is because this dosent look that good and theres way better drawings than this doodle yet it got popular because its fnf

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-26 15:41:25

Wish I have one.

Probably this. Got me frontpaged earlier this month.

This one because i got frontpaged last day on it

Sike, not that one. this one

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-26 17:35:49

I suppose the drawing I did for that Paper Planet art contest got pretty damn popular (and it was the first artwork of mine to be frontpaged).

It’s my most viewed drawing. I get why, because it was for a contest and stuff, but it’s definitely not my best work.

Wacky characters and groovy patterns

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-26 19:48:25

Individual pieces of my art get popular; in aggregate, only a fraction of a percent of that popularity translates into follows. It's only ever fan art that really takes off, and it's the popularity of whatever thing I drew that carries it, not any interest in seeing me make more things.

Like this for Dead Estate

Or this for Lex Updog that took off on Twitter (all likes with literally no follows)

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-26 20:04:05

At 11/26/23 03:32 PM, Tenebrare wrote: I am still waiting for that popular part.

I’m not alone *rofl*

gg

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-28 15:49:53

It's a triple entre of artist who haven't gotten fame!

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-28 16:08:13

While I don't consider myself "popular" on Newgrounds by any stretch of the imagination, this:

is currently my most viewed/reviewed piece and, more importantly, the first thing I made that got featured on the frontpage of the Art portal. This really took me by surprise, as I didn't even consider it could happen. When I saw it posted in the frontpage suggestion thread, I was literally over the moon that someone thought it was worthy of being featured along with stuff that I considered of much higher quality compared to my work. When it actually made the frontpage I was schoolgirl level giddy. So, not popular popular but it sure feels that way to me.

Thinking back, off in the distance, the future shone everywhere we looked

Underneath the beautiful blue sky

We were just a little bit afraid

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-28 16:10:10

At 11/26/23 03:32 PM, Tenebrare wrote: I am still waiting for that popular part.

This.

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-28 20:06:06

Still waiting for that hit piece. But I did some prop work on a game for the flash forward game jam back in 2022 and that brought some attention to the programmer of the game and me. We won second place!

Tits dude

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-28 20:14:23

probably this one

looks like pee, but since that point I started noticing a lot more growth and I started getting front pages. I don't wanna say popular necessarily (what really defines someone being popular?), but I think that point is where I think I started getting more noticed. twitter too! then it died off cause I stopped posting 😠

I'm really sleepy and idk what I'm saying anymore, I think my point is that twitter sucks newgrounds good

Art Thread, Animation Thread

(◉◞౪◟◉)

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-11-28 21:07:04

Probably this one! Maybe not here on NG, but over on tumblr and ESPECIALLY on instagram, this one really took off. I've seen it used in various youtube thumbnails too! Some YT videos credit back to me, some don't. Either way, this one's been shared the most all over other social media's even if it's not all that popular here. Pretty interesting lol

"Gay and Sad but still So Rad™ "

- Allison (kunaigirl) 🛼

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 12:33:26

From what I see most popular art is just popular trends

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 12:48:51

The Milf art made me popular in pixiv

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 13:10:12

There... isn't any.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 16:56:23

At 11/26/23 03:28 PM, Pammeenevaeh wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pammeenevaeh/coolest-bug-themed-birthday-party

I made this little doodle the day after my birthday (my brother had given me a Hollow Knight plush as a gift) which got fairly popular out of nowhere. It was the first piece I posted onto the site as well as the piece that got me an instant scout. I'm not even sure why, especially compared it to the much more competent artists on that are usually on Featured lol. That said, I definitely found it endearing to wake up and check Newgrounds with like 80 notifications, haha.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to hide my gloating with modesty but honestly I'm just appreciative of the fact that people seem to really like my artwork and I will continue to make more-- at my own pace and leisure of course.

what are these "notifications" you speak of? can you eat it?

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 16:59:53

None but I guess this one generally makes numbers go up when I post it in places:

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 17:15:11

This one right here:

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 18:05:05

At 11/26/23 02:43 PM, 7sinsagainstgod wrote: I would love to see the art to if you want to share it

none ;[

SailorRJ :)

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 18:47:10

At 12/1/23 04:56 PM, BoiledMilkz wrote:
At 11/26/23 03:28 PM, Pammeenevaeh wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/pammeenevaeh/coolest-bug-themed-birthday-party

what are these "notifications" you speak of? can you eat it?

Perhaps. Although frankly, I'm not one to have a very voracious appetite and therefore haven't tried so myself.

Art Dump

I like to yap incoherently about my art sometimes

God bless you.

BBS Signature

At 11/26/23 02:43 PM, 7sinsagainstgod wrote: I would love to see the art to if you want to share it

This was the first frontpage i had here and ngl i was a bit ashamed since i think it wasnt one of my best draws :P

iu_1123697_12081394.webp

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 19:27:36

At 11/28/23 04:08 PM, vlsrb wrote: While I don't consider myself "popular" on Newgrounds by any stretch of the imagination, this:

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/vlsrb/the-mystery-of-the-gikika-spider

is currently my most viewed/reviewed piece and, more importantly, the first thing I made that got featured on the frontpage of the Art portal. This really took me by surprise, as I didn't even consider it could happen. When I saw it posted in the frontpage suggestion thread, I was literally over the moon that someone thought it was worthy of being featured along with stuff that I considered of much higher quality compared to my work. When it actually made the frontpage I was schoolgirl level giddy. So, not popular popular but it sure feels that way to me.

Same for me bro :)

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 20:51:00

I would not say "what art" but "what character"

And I think GF is that character.

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 21:14:24

I don’t think I got popular (if you can call me that) for my art, but for my BBS posts, being in collabs, and most recently hosting the Costume Jam.

Which is why I tell artists not to just post into the void. There are thousands of artists, maybe even millions, posting billions and billions of posts every day. Your interactions with other people will make them realize you exist, and maybe even remember you.

I’m still mad that none of my actual art or music work got me popular, though.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to What art made you popular? 2023-12-01 21:45:52

I think I got around half of my followers on Newgrounds when I was doing a drawing a day in 2021. Before that though my most successful pieces were large very detailed ink pieces. Like in the below playlist

Despite there being no algorithms on NG, having consistent work of a decent quality (definitely has potential to be unsustainable) is the way to get popular here. Even the most awesome drawings on their own are only going to get you a handful of Followers due to the brevity of how long Frontpaged art is actually on the front page.