00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

zooropa1980 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E

1,511 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

'Tis the season, to welcome one and all to the...

~ NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 UNOFFICAL GROUP E THREAD ~

iu_1119896_1229788.jpg

Official thread is Found here!

This Year, Not everyone gets to be included in the official secret santa, but here at Group E we look to make sure that every artist gets a chance to participate! So grab your original character and hop on in!

- - -

What is Group E?

Group E is for EVERYONE* that was unable to get scouted for the official event or perhaps just missed the deadline to join. well luckly you have a chance to take part in this mini - event.

What's different about this Group?

For a start, the rules are slightly different to allow unscouted users to join. HOWEVER it should be known that the majority of the official rules still apply.

GROUP E - Rules:

• You can not be in both the official secret santa and this one
  • You dont have to be scouted to take part
  • Your reference MUST BE UPLOADED TO THE ART PORTAL OR PERSONAL DUMP
  • Your Orginal character reference MUST be your own work.
  • ABSOLUTELY NO AI ART OR THIRD PARTY CHARACTER CREATOR SOFTWARE
  • NO Explicit matterial (nothing rated M or promiscuous)
  • ONLY ONE REFERENCE PICTURE**
  • You CANNOT update your secret Santa submission once submitted though PM
  • You're encourages to write "To:" and "From:" on your gift
  • Reminder to upload your finished drawing to the Art Portal AFTER the big reveal

As this is an unofficial event, Things will be done through private messages. I will be receiving your original character requests, checking it agaisnt the rules, putting you into skill groups and sending your request to another user to draw.

- - -

What is expected of me?

If you would like to participate:

Read the rules below and PM LegolaSS with your secret Santa in the following format:

- - -

Subject: GROUP E 2023

Message: Single link to your reference, either the art portal or NG image dump followed by information about your character, as long as it is all text.

- - -

- Be patient and respectful if your request is not allowed.

- Be respectful to whomever you're drawing for by not ruining the surprise or letting them know you're drawing for them

- You are required to create a piece of artwork for your giftee

Relay all questions to me, NOT the person you are assigned to

- Read the rules over twice if you have any questions

- End of day, Nov. 30th (11:59pm EST) is when everyone must have their PM to me.

- If all goes according to plan, Secret Santas will be assigned on Dec. 1st

- You have until the end of Christmas Eve, Dec. 20th (11:59pm EST) to submit your completed drawing back to me (instructions will be sent out in the PM on the 1st, there is also WIP/Updates Required to make sure all users will receive a gift)

Please note: From experience, I am running a smaller window to get work completed and back to me with updates required. while i dont have an official backup artist supply for this group. I want to make sure everyone gets a piece of artwork, so this gives me time just in case people fail to respond or create gifts in time.

- - -

The Goal

This gives users a chance to take part in the event even if its not official, you will still get to meet another artist through their character, have some fun and create pieces of art together here on Newgrounds.

* - Everyone is allowed unless they are already in the offical one AND/OR fail to follow the rules.

** - Only one reference picture to help keep private messaging run smoothly.

BBS Signature

This is a brilliant idea, and so nice to allow everyone to take part - it's the true meaning of Christmas! The only way people can grow is through practice, and this is a great opportunity for people to get better and most importantly, have fun.

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-26 18:11:17

Signed up !

Interested to see how this goes; in my experience, unscouted users aren't very good at follow-through. Being tucked away on the forum might spare you from the worst of it, at least (like the legions of brand new sockpuppet accounts that inevitably ended up on the naughty list). Best of luck to the organizers and participants.

At 11/25/23 06:19 AM, LegolaSS wrote: - You have until the end of Christmas Eve, Dec. 20th (11:59pm EST)

I guess Christmas time works differently in the unscouted universe too.

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-26 19:56:50

Brilliant.

advocatus diaboli

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-26 20:46:40

Joining right now!

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-27 01:43:11

At 11/26/23 07:38 PM, SpikeyBlum wrote: I guess Christmas time works differently in the unscouted universe too.

Indeed it does. Chrismas comes early!

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-27 03:11:55

I'd be down to stretch my skills some with the folks here.

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-27 09:04:02

Would love to join!

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-27 10:45:33

I'd like to join but I'm concern about gift quality. I know everyone has their own skill level but I'm worried there will be a situation where someone more skilled will put in lots of effort into their gift while they get something hastily made in MS Paint.

Memes are Love. Memes are Life. I go to bed every night thanking them for the life I've been given.

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-11-27 11:22:09

At 11/27/23 10:45 AM, SanekiBeko wrote: I'd like to join but I'm concern about gift quality. I know everyone has their own skill level but I'm worried there will be a situation where someone more skilled will put in lots of effort into their gift while they get something hastily made in MS Paint.

People will still be put into categories based on the artwork they provide. we have had a wide range so skilled levels so far.

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-01 02:00:04

Too everyone involved so far. There is going to be a singular day extra to sign up. This is to allow anyone who wasn't able to get into the official one but hasn't realised the chance to hop over. Dont worry I will be sending out your PM's very quickly after the new cut off point.

BBS Signature

Thanks again for doing this. I was really bumped out having to miss the official one cause I wasn't able to meet their requirements. But I understand why they put those restrictions after what happened last year.

Memes are Love. Memes are Life. I go to bed every night thanking them for the life I've been given.

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-01 11:10:59

Only 24 sleeps until xmas and this forum post is perfect for the season!

leoyodude.newgrounds.com

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-01 11:31:30

Could I still join? [I got pruned from the official event at the last second.]

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-01 11:44:58

At 12/1/23 11:31 AM, DreadEthos616 wrote: Could I still join? [I got pruned from the official event at the last second.]

Yes i have extended the entry time by a day to allow of any one who wasnt able to get into the main event a chance to still partake in this one. make sure you read and follow the rules in the first post to avoid diaspointment !

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-01 11:48:36

At 12/1/23 11:44 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 12/1/23 11:31 AM, DreadEthos616 wrote: Could I still join? [I got pruned from the official event at the last second.]
Yes i have extended the entry time by a day to allow of any one who wasnt able to get into the main event a chance to still partake in this one. make sure you read and follow the rules in the first post to avoid diaspointment !

Okay, thank you! ^^

I'm so doing this.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-01 15:16:28

Im with him

At 12/1/23 02:07 PM, BoiledMilkz wrote:

I'm so doing this.

AlexToolStudio voicing acting since 2023

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-01 18:21:05

Ah shit I forgot yesterday was the 30th but if it's still ight to join I'm definitely gonna do this

what

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-02 05:00:33

I'm going to join for a while

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-02 07:11:37

Ok i will no longer be accepting new entries. I will be sending out PM's very soon!

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-03 12:18:14

Let me in?

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-03 12:30:12

At 12/3/23 12:18 PM, SamuelChinOrozco wrote: Let me in?

I'm not sure if you read any of the posts in this thread but you have missed the deadline for signing up.

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-03 13:11:53

At 12/3/23 12:30 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 12/3/23 12:18 PM, SamuelChinOrozco wrote: Let me in?
I'm not sure if you read any of the posts in this thread but you have missed the deadline for signing up.

oh, ok, sorry

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-03 14:42:04

sure ill join

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-03 14:53:48

At 12/3/23 02:42 PM, SPagehtti wrote: sure ill join

You missed the deadline.

AHHHHH!

BBS Signature

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-16 18:45:58

Should I reply to you when I’m finish?

Response to NEWGROUNDS SECRET SANTA 2023 - GROUP E 2023-12-17 03:07:25

At 12/16/23 06:45 PM, Thatoneleafsimp wrote: Should I reply to you when I’m finish?

Hey @Thatoneleafsimp. please message me with the artwork once you are finished. once the reveal is done feel free to post them elsewhere

BBS Signature