00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

fillup69 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project

675 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello Everyone!

We are Montrose! You may know us from our holiday themed games like "Bondi's Box", "A Halloween Cat-Tastrophe", and the "Spooky Music Machine".

Once again, we are foolishly attempting to prepare a game for the Halloween Spooktacular. We are looking for a male collaborator to voice a short (20-30 second) monologue. At the moment, the direction we are leaning is somewhere between a slimy salesman and a horror host. Someone who can equally:

ballyhoo

and present a

dark sarcastic edge.

Of course,

an evil laugh

is a bonus!

We aren't married to that delivery, so if you think you have a better one: let us hear it! We're looking for someone who can provide a quick couple of turnarounds (likely to an animatic) early in October. If this is you, please DM us! Feel free to ask any general questions here, so everyone can read.

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-09-30 04:53:21

i think I might do something about that. I’d like to try it!

At 9/30/23 01:53 AM, alsoknownas1 wrote: Hello Everyone!

We are Montrose! You may know us from our holiday themed games like "Bondi's Box", "A Halloween Cat-Tastrophe", and the "Spooky Music Machine".

Once again, we are foolishly attempting to prepare a game for the Halloween Spooktacular. We are looking for a male collaborator to voice a short (20-30 second) monologue. At the moment, the direction we are leaning is somewhere between a slimy salesman and a horror host. Someone who can equally:

ballyhoo

and present a

dark sarcastic edge.

Of course,

an evil laugh

is a bonus!

We aren't married to that delivery, so if you think you have a better one: let us hear it! We're looking for someone who can provide a quick couple of turnarounds (likely to an animatic) early in October. If this is you, please DM us! Feel free to ask any general questions here, so everyone can read.

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-09-30 15:48:37

ballyhoo

and present a

dark sarcastic edge.

Of course,

an evil laugh

is a bonus!
: We aren't married to that delivery, so if you think you have a better one: let us hear it! We're looking for someone who can provide a quick couple of turnarounds (likely to an animatic) early in October. If this is you, please DM us! Feel free to ask any general questions here, so everyone can read.

I'd like to try this. I always like doing evil voices.

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-09-30 16:15:10

sup i got a sample voice made for ya: BOO!!

hope ya like it! =)

At 9/30/23 04:53 AM, Guardias wrote: i think I might do something about that. I’d like to try it!

ballyhoo

and present a

dark sarcastic edge.

Of course,

an evil laugh

is a bonus!

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-10-01 13:35:06

Let me know if I can help

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-10-01 21:47:56

Is this still available because I'm interested?

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-10-02 16:31:50

I'm interested, check out my voice here:

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-10-02 22:41:00

Interested! Let me know if I can help out!

Response to Looking for a Male VA for a Spooky Project 2023-10-03 07:17:27

I just wanted to thank everyone who responded to this thread or DMed. It was a tough decision, but we have filled the one role we definitely will be having voiced. However, if we manage to code things as aggressively as we hope there may be one or two other male roles, and we'll pull those from everyone who's already applied if that happens. Fingers crossed.

Again, thanks to everyone who put themselves out there for this. I know cold stuff like this sucks and we (still don't) have a very concrete idea of how everything is going to come together.

Best of lucks to everyone!