00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HugeNate just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News

5,870 Views | 36 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Spooktacular Fundraising - We Need Your Help!

We are currently fundraising prizes for the Halloween Spooktacular!

If you have the means and love Halloween, donate on our Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards the Spooktacular. You can optionally specify which category; movies, games, art or music.

The Spooktacular and prizes will be announced on October 1st alongside a new banner and site skin by @VonKreepula. Sponsors will be listed in the event post and winners post.

Thank you to our current sponsors!

@i9incher - $269

@Megacharlie - $250

@Derpixon - $200

@DrSevenSeizeMD - $107.24

@wheezl - $100

@Saminat - $100

@53xy83457 - $80

@GeoKureli - $50

@YendorNG - $50

@zzox - $50

@RaIix - $30

@SketchToPen - $30

@olskoo - $25

@MKMaffo - $25

@LazyPix3l - $20

@TeffyD - $20

@Armadill0h - $20

@butterspam - $20

@GirZiggler - $20

@tonyfinale - $15

@PoultrygeistGame - $7

@Anonymous-Frog - $6

NG - $500

We currently need another $265 to match last year's prizes.

Costume Jam

@Thetageist is hosting an additional Halloween-themed game jam! Costume Jam 2023 tasks you with making a dress-up game that has a novel twist of your own design. Deadline is October 31st, read the post for more details! Entries in this jam are also eligible for Spooktacular game prizes. 

SrPelo Graffiti Radio

Tune into NG Radio this Sunday at 9pm EST for a live episode of @GENC’s Graffiti Radio, with @SrPelo as guest!

Sweet Sixteen Comic Contest

@KittyhawkMontrose is hosting The Sweet Sixteen Comic Contest, where the theme is to create a 16 page comic! There is $1k in prizes and the deadline is December 11th. This event will make good use of our impending Multi-Image Update.

New Jersey Meetup

@BrandyBuizel is organizing a New Jersey Meetup on October 13th at Yestercade!

Salad Fingers 13

The NG Money Gang has secured the sponsorship of the next Salad Fingers episode, anticipated to premier on NG later this month.

Madness Day

Madness Day is September 22nd, with over $2k in prizes!

Other Events

@Remi-le-Oduen is organizing a Spooktacular writing contest! See their post to get involved.

September 30th is The Skibidi Toilet Collab deadline.

@DoctorGrambo has posted a GRAMTOBER Challenge with art prompts for October!

October 1st is the Dr. Good Halloween Animation Collab entry deadline.

October 13th is the October NG vs Boyfriend Audio Collab deadline.

October 15th is the Shrieks and Screams Audio Collab deadline.

November 20th is the Sega Saturn Collab deadline.

November 28th is the LISA Campfire Collab deadline.

January 30th is the Kamen Rider Collab deadline.

Since we're touching on 2024, yes there will be a Flash Forward 2024 event for anyone making new Flash games and Pixel Day will be on January 23rd!

More News

Read the latest edition of The Tank Tribune!

@TheInterviewer has posted an Interview with 9Hammer!

Read this OffTheWallShow update, with recent and upcoming podcast episodes!

Our Best of August have been announced!

iu_1077520_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

The comic contest apparently is only for Supporters because the limitation of comic of normal users is 10 pages(unless the update changed)

or 10 pages count? right?

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

MFW Falad Singers premeers on Madness Day:

more than willin to b proven wong,

Get ready to add ANOTHER event to the list :p

https://brandybuizel.newgrounds.com/news/post/1387501

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-14 23:52:55

🎃 <-- That pumpkin over there believes ya

A member of Thumbnail Crew!, you should help as well!

AKA fe3l1ngsk1lled and Skilled!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-14 23:57:23

Thanks so much for mentioning our contest, @TomFulp! I'm really looking forward to the entries! 💖

At 9/14/23 10:08 PM, NK2007 wrote: The comic contest apparently is only for Supporters because the limitation of comic of normal users is 10 pages(unless the update changed)

Hey! I have some ideas on how to get around the image limit in the contest news post. If you have any other questions, hmu here, that post, or just DM me!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 02:05:03

A rare nighttime update. Really caught me off guard.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 03:43:18

hyped for the ooktacular

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 08:14:16

At 9/14/23 11:57 PM, KittyhawkMontrose wrote: Thanks so much for mentioning our contest, @TomFulp! I'm really looking forward to the entries! 💖

At 9/14/23 10:08 PM, NK2007 wrote: The comic contest apparently is only for Supporters because the limitation of comic of normal users is 10 pages(unless the update changed)

Hey! I have some ideas on how to get around the image limit in the contest news post. If you have any other questions, hmu here, that post, or just DM me!

Can't believe this hadn't crossed my mind already!

Unless we make a temporary limit extension to accommodate, I'm thinking I could gift a month of honorary Supporter status to anyone who is entering the contest. So maybe the post could be updated to tell people to PM me ahead of their comic release and I'll gift them with one month status.

For anyone wondering, multi-art projects created while a Supporter will retain their image limit after Supporter status expires, so you could still manage your comic after the month expires.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 09:34:19

At 9/15/23 08:14 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/14/23 11:57 PM, KittyhawkMontrose wrote: Thanks so much for mentioning our contest, @TomFulp! I'm really looking forward to the entries! 💖

Can't believe this hadn't crossed my mind already!

Unless we make a temporary limit extension to accommodate, I'm thinking I could gift a month of honorary Supporter status to anyone who is entering the contest. So maybe the post could be updated to tell people to PM me ahead of their comic release and I'll gift them with one month status.

For anyone wondering, multi-art projects created while a Supporter will retain their image limit after Supporter status expires, so you could still manage your comic after the month expires.

I smell a mild exploit:

Note: multi-art projects created while a Supporter. If the Art Portal were to be moved into the Project System (according to my findings, it will soon), someone with only one month Supporter could theoretically use that month to create as many blank unpublished Art projects as possible (about 11 pages), then fill them out with finished projects after their Supporter runs out.

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 09:40:29

At 9/15/23 09:34 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: I smell a mild exploit:
Note: multi-art projects created while a Supporter. If the Art Portal were to be moved into the Project System (according to my findings, it will soon), someone with only one month Supporter could theoretically use that month to create as many blank unpublished Art projects as possible (about 11 pages), then fill them out with finished projects after their Supporter runs out.

Someone theoretically could do that but I think we'll have to just accept that vs doing additional development around that scenario.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 10:10:01

Oh hey! One other Collab to watch: Kamen Rider Collab! https://chunky7453.newgrounds.com/news/post/1386858

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 10:19:15

need weed.

we are all sons of bitches...

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 10:25:37

At 9/15/23 10:10 AM, YendorNG wrote: Oh hey! One other Collab to watch: Kamen Rider Collab! https://chunky7453.newgrounds.com/news/post/1386858

Added!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 12:31:24

@TomFulp If the multi-art (not the comics) are there on the Art Portal, will there be icons indicating that it is a multi-art?

for example:

iu_1077563_11781426.webp

This was a little doubt i had when multi-art was announced, but i forgot to mention It.

I like to make animations :)

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 13:00:54

At 9/15/23 12:31 PM, NK2007 wrote: @TomFulp If the multi-art (not the comics) are there on the Art Portal, will there be icons indicating that it is a multi-art?

for example:

This was a little doubt i had when multi-art was announced, but i forgot to mention It.

It's not the biggest hope for me but it would be neat if they did have icons.

Look at him spin

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 15:50:40

At 9/15/23 09:40 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/15/23 09:34 AM, Anonymous-Frog wrote: I smell a mild exploit:
Someone theoretically could do that but I think we'll have to just accept that vs doing additional development around that scenario.

And that's the right attitude ^.^

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 21:12:51

At 9/15/23 08:14 AM, TomFulp wrote: Can't believe this hadn't crossed my mind already!

Haha well it's fixed now. Thanks so much for the generous offer of Supporter status! That's so awesome! 💖 I've updated the contest post to include this awesome gift, and I'll change the post again for the launch!

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-15 21:13:37

ohhhh my god multi image posts on newgrounds are going to be CRAZY, this is so exciting!!!

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-16 01:02:24

Oh some nifty things going on

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-17 05:40:51

Off-topic but how about reopening the general forum at the very least? It's been long enough that I think things should have been calmed down somewhat after all.

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-17 06:08:37

At 9/17/23 05:40 AM, BronzeHeart92 wrote: Off-topic but how about reopening the general forum at the very least? It's been long enough that I think things should have been calmed down somewhat after all.

Nah. Come to supporter forum. You can be a chucklehead (within reason) all you want without politics.

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-17 13:29:10

I'm a Kooky Halloween animator who would like to join.

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-18 11:01:45

That's a lotta stuff, probs only gonna do madness day and sweet 16.

Not working on Nightmare Cops.

Also last post.

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-18 14:27:01

I am SO hyped for the Yestercades thing. Especially since of the uncertainty if the TooManyGames Meetup will happen again. And not too far after this year

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-18 18:56:09

Yay!!!!! This is my most favorite time of the year on newgrounds. I love Halloween and I personally feel we do it best!

I just sent you some money.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-18 19:16:43

At 9/18/23 06:56 PM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: Yay!!!!! This is my most favorite time of the year on newgrounds. I love Halloween and I personally feel we do it best!

Mine too! Hi Seven!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-18 19:18:59

At 9/18/23 07:16 PM, Thetageist wrote:
At 9/18/23 06:56 PM, DrSevenSeizeMD wrote: Yay!!!!! This is my most favorite time of the year on newgrounds. I love Halloween and I personally feel we do it best!
Mine too! Hi Seven!

Hi hi hi!!!!🎃👻

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Spooktacular Fundraising, Events and News 2023-09-18 22:56:08

I think it would be cool if there was a comic section on the front page, that way NG could turn into a viable place for comic artists to post their work.

I've been keeping up with quite a few comics on NG in the past few year, one of my recent faves is the Mari Gold one:

would love to see more people see NG as a primary source of comics, so they might come back more frequently?

BBS Signature

iu_1080701_15324930.webp

👀

BBS Signature