00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round

7,926 Views | 275 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-26 21:59:02

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-26 22:33:49

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-26 22:36:48

Wish I had just 1 more day to work on this cuz I'm really feeling it but I'm cutting it close

Hope its not too rough & gl to everyone else

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-26 23:17:47

Just in time!!

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-26 23:29:33

Here's my submission. I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's tunes. :) Thanks for the fun event!

my submission here

Here is my submission.

wow, so close...

Alright, everyone. The NGUAC 2023 Knock-out Round submission phase is officially over! We have exactly 151 submissions, meaning about 74% of users who were accepted into the round submitted something - all things considered, one of the higher Knockout Round "retention rates" in NGUAC history. 

Unfortunately, the following users have failed to submit something on time: @bow1255 @cyaneko @DJSupaMonkey @LexyFire @MusicSashik @N0B4nn @NotThePoppyArizona @Qwerzer @Tsunami990 @Aweror @chatteyy @Dag0 @Jekoer @JuanPlaza @Lassiel @Paint2Acetone @Rilo15 @TimeTravelleR54 @Aterr @IvySnyder @Mockany @Qvarcos @retrize @RocketStart @TheGoldenProof @TheSpacePunk @Vanhelyx @ColBreakz @Dawphin @DenPelm @GalaxyTones @Inunoshiri @MassiveMarioLuigi700 @PsiStarOfficial @TuneDown

Also, many users indicated in the thread or via PM that they are dropping out of the competition. I didn’t respond to all of those messages, so let me just say good luck with whatever else is keeping you busy, guys! 

In the next 24 hours, you'll all still be permitted to submit a piece late, subject to the constraints of our late submission "tax". Please don't take on the late submission tax just so you can fix an error in a track you’ve already submitted. It's really not worth it, I promise.

For transparency purposes, I’ll also disclose that I’ve given @X3LL3N a tax-free 24-hour grace period due to some truly exceptional personal circumstances. 

Results should be out sometime on August 31st. About 20% of competitors will advance to the Final Round, depending on how many late submissions we get, ties, disqualifications, etc.

Judges may commence judging. I will share the spreadsheet with all of you on Discord ASAP. @AceMantra, @ADR3-N, @Benji-G, @JessieYun, @Lordant, @Midimachine, @NahuPyrope, @NoStereo, @Possibly, @SplatterDash, @TeraVex, @Tritnew, @Uxvellda, @VociferousMusic, and @wobwobrob

Best of luck, everyone! ^_^

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-27 01:33:16

I'm done, a little late :(

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-27 01:42:51

iu_1061641_5924569.png

Info of the project

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-27 02:03:42

At 8/27/23 01:33 AM, Jekoer wrote: I'm done, a little late :(
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1241622

Very well! This submission will be accepted according to the "late tax" paradigm laid out in the rules.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-27 02:36:10

At 8/27/23 12:03 AM, TaintedLogic wrote: Alright, everyone. The NGUAC 2023 Knock-out Round submission phase is officially over! We have exactly 151 submissions, meaning about 74% of users who were accepted into the round submitted something - all things considered, one of the higher Knockout Round "retention rates" in NGUAC history. 

Yeah I was really busy, I’m sorry, I’ll try to submit something.💖

SquadMassiveEntertainment©2023

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-27 05:40:28

I'm so stupid. I've made track earlier and fogot to submit it here...

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-27 09:33:36

At 8/27/23 05:40 AM, DenPelm wrote:
I'm so stupid. I've made track earlier and fogot to submit it here...
https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1241010

Okay, no worries. Once again, this submission will be accepted according to the "late tax" paradigm laid out in the rules.

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-27 12:22:21

@TaintedLogic I made it in time !

This is not gonna get me qualified, but that was a good occasion to do something different so I'm happy :)

Imagine being french

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-30 17:33:54

Thank you for the opportunity. At the last moment, I found out that I'm still able to participate in NGADM 2023. So, I've decided to throw myself into it. I haven't had any recent music projects within the NGUAC timeframe, and revisiting my old unfinished ones feels like cheating, so I'm proudly eliminated.

I love being a part of the community and receiving feedback that the judge can provide. I respect everyone's work and time, and once again, I'm excited to see what everyone brings. Good luck to everyone! ❤

Just finished up my part in this round of judging. If you submitted a track to All-Stars and wanted my thoughts on it, react to this with the :3 emoji. If my thoughts suck harder than siphoning gas out of a 20 year parked car, go angryfaic on this post and 0 bomb my tracks ig. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(((

Jokes aside, lol, I always try to leave feedback where I think it will be most useful, so if you haven't gotten any, don't worry. It doesn't mean your work wasn't any good! There are plenty of reasons I might not review. Sometimes a track that blows my mind (cough, probably will frontpage it) also robs me of the capacity for coherent thought! Other times, the thoughts I have are already stated, and I don't think I can add much. I also am super forgetful, so I wonder how many times I've written a review and forgotten to click send LOL, probably as many times per judging phase as today I've used relatives of the word "thought" and "times" in this post.

Another note, I'm still having trouble translating the mixing terminology and theory I used to know into legible English words and not run-on sentence word salad. My concussion affects the part of my brain concerned with language processing, so if you don't understand what the hell I'm talking about in a review, @ me somewhere, lol.

But above all, I wanted to say it's been a pleasure being with you here at NGUAC. I love you all and mean it. Screw the category names. Everyone here is a legend. I have yet to hear a track that was bad, or mid, or trash, or however you prefer to criticize yourselves. Plenty of you outright embarrass me as a producer, musician, composer, you name it. You're all very talented, and I admire your enthusiasm. You're killing it!

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-30 21:55:40

At 8/30/23 09:43 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
If my thoughts suck harder than siphoning gas out of a 20 year parked car, go angryfaic on this post and 0 bomb my tracks ig.

To be clear, anyone who zero-bombs @ADR3-N for taking the time to give you helpful, constructive feedback is getting some retaliatory zero-bombs from yours truly, and I have vote power for DAYYSSSSS...

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-30 22:01:22

At 8/30/23 09:55 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
If my thoughts suck harder than siphoning gas out of a 20 year parked car, go angryfaic on this post and 0 bomb my tracks ig.
To be clear, anyone who zero-bombs @ADR3-N for taking the time to give you helpful, constructive feedback is getting some retaliatory zero-bombs from yours truly, and I have vote power for DAYYSSSSS...

Okay haha let's not start a war xD

People zerobomb for a variety of reasons, usually anonymously. Generally I get bombed for being a mod and people assuming I've removed their track from the portal. Tbh I think a shitty review is a much better reason than that! Great reviews is what keeps people coming back to this and many other competitions on NG!

my review for this reply
He protec
He attac
Most most importantly, he give feedbac

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-30 22:18:21

At 8/30/23 10:01 PM, ADR3-N wrote:

Indeed, I will always prefer diplomacy to war. :)

People zerobomb for a variety of reasons, usually anonymously. Generally I get bombed for being a mod and people assuming I've removed their track from the portal. Tbh I think a shitty review is a much better reason than that! Great reviews is what keeps people coming back to this and many other competitions on NG!

Yeah, I've definitely gotten zerobombed myself because of misguided or otherwise unwanted criticism I gave on someone's track. Always surprises me how many people sign up for the NGADM or NGUAC but don't want feedback unless it's unalloyed praise.

Unrelatedly, people often assume I'm a mod because I run these contests. I've fielded many a PM from people asking how to get their music in Geometry Dash, or how to get unbanned, etc.

He protec
He attac

Hahaha, this should be the official slogan of the portals. ^_^

BBS Signature

What is "zero-bombs"? sorry for the question xd

i think i need to know more about newgrounds lore to understand specific words soo...

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-30 22:29:39

At 8/30/23 10:23 PM, Cattyx wrote:

Haha, no worries. It basically means voting with the broken star icon on someone's submission, or a "zero out of five." In the old days of Newgrounds, there was a literal "0" with an angry face, instead of the stars they have now:

iu_1064911_4268414.png

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-30 22:35:23

At 8/30/23 10:29 PM, TaintedLogic wrote:
At 8/30/23 10:23 PM, Cattyx wrote:
Haha, no worries. It basically means voting with the broken star icon on someone's submission, or a "zero out of five." In the old days of Newgrounds, there was a literal "0" with an angry face, instead of the stars they have now:

ooooooooh, now i see!!

well, i think knowing me, i might have done it once but well haha, thank you for explaining me taintedlogic!! :D

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-30 22:37:13

At 8/30/23 10:01 PM, ADR3-N wrote:

my review for this reply
He protec
He attac

going to six-bomb

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-31 00:16:50

At 8/30/23 09:43 PM, ADR3-N wrote: Just finished up my part in this round of judging. If you submitted a track to All-Stars and wanted my thoughts on it, react to this with the :3 emoji. If my thoughts suck harder than siphoning gas out of a 20 year parked car, go angryfaic on this post and 0 bomb my tracks ig. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(((

Jokes aside, lol, I always try to leave feedback where I think it will be most useful, so if you haven't gotten any, don't worry. It doesn't mean your work wasn't any good! There are plenty of reasons I might not review. Sometimes a track that blows my mind (cough, probably will frontpage it) also robs me of the capacity for coherent thought! Other times, the thoughts I have are already stated, and I don't think I can add much. I also am super forgetful, so I wonder how many times I've written a review and forgotten to click send LOL, probably as many times per judging phase as today I've used relatives of the word "thought" and "times" in this post.

Another note, I'm still having trouble translating the mixing terminology and theory I used to know into legible English words and not run-on sentence word salad. My concussion affects the part of my brain concerned with language processing, so if you don't understand what the hell I'm talking about in a review, @ me somewhere, lol.

But above all, I wanted to say it's been a pleasure being with you here at NGUAC. I love you all and mean it. Screw the category names. Everyone here is a legend. I have yet to hear a track that was bad, or mid, or trash, or however you prefer to criticize yourselves. Plenty of you outright embarrass me as a producer, musician, composer, you name it. You're all very talented, and I admire your enthusiasm. You're killing it!

:3 !!!

^^

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-31 12:01:13

can't wait for the result tonight! Good luck everyone!

Deaf But Musical!

BBS Signature

Response to NGUAC 2023 Knockout Round 2023-08-31 18:08:38

Good Luck Everyone!

Enter your signature text...