00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

qamar123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is the most mentally insane community you had the audacity of being in?

3,721 Views | 116 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

At 6/19/23 04:03 PM, Magnedeus wrote: Wasn't part of it, but the Danganronpa community. I said it in another thread, but there are people there that will straight up doxx you if you don't like a certain character or if you ship two characters that they don't agree with. I seriously pity anyone that's still part of that fandom.

Wow, and I thought merely saying it was a shitty series that rips off Battle Royale would get anybody flamed. (I've always hated Danganronpa anyway for being childish, edgy anime nonsense with a shaky plot made by wannabe edgelords)

With that said, I'll head back to my bunker now.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

At 6/21/23 07:31 AM, CosmicPunked wrote: Oh you sweet summer children, were you ever in the Homestuck fandom at peak popularity? I was once on tumblr in the early days and ended up being mass cancelled by the the roleplay part of the fandom over on it.

Story tw: dub/non con mention, Eating Disorder sexualisation mention

So when I was 14 - 19 years old I used to RP as some Homestuck characters, which was a huge thing over on Tumblr, e.g people would make blogs writing as that character and others would reblog and respond like their character. I thought this was a great way to meet new people and mostly to get better at writing.

Well, a sub-group in the RP community at the time had made a sex slave RP alternate universe, they were recruiting for RPers to join the 'universe'. Where in said universe the HS canon kids were to be enslaved and entrusted into the guardians care (like the human kids had Bro Strider, Dad Egbert, etc and the troll kids had people like the condesce and GHB etc). The kids and troll kids who were 13 in canon would be passed around weekly on a slave rotation ring where they would proceed to be sexually abused by whoever 'owned' them that week.

Due to me being absolutely disgusted by this when I found out, I wrote a post saying that it's vile and those who associate with these kinds of people are enabling them. It kind of backfired on me, as when I posted that it turned out 90% of the people I had interacted with were also creepy weirdos also partaking in the AU on the downlow and it created a massive target on my back, keep in mind my age at the time.

Unfortunately for me they would begin to harass me across platforms, I have one person in particular who was very popular in the HS fandom stalk my blogs, going to the point of staking out whoever I interacted with and trying to quickly befriend them so I was left without any friends.

During the time I was still there after that, I tried my best to keep calling it out, just to bring awareness to new comers, nobody else was doing it. I found out they had created sexual fetish blogs sexualising eating disorders as well, it got to the point where this group of sickos were accusing me of being a cult leader, because I had friends who had experienced eating disorders also educating how harmful fetishization of ED's was.

Whoever was new in the community I tried my best to steer them away from the people I knew were vile, I didn't want them to have the same experience I did because it really wasn't good for my mental health to be told that rping incest and rape was just 'a means of people expressing themselves' and that promoting eating disorders was 'body positivity'. A lot of the new comers to the RP side of HS fandom were similar ages to the protagonists so this fanbase has always had a younger audience due to the young age of the protags, and it had become an incredibly dangerous place to enjoy it with as I had experienced.

One situation was awful, one of the newcomers ended up being baited into unfriending me and going with that group of people. As soon as they were baited, the people who mass cancelled me then began slowly ghosting them. This group of people were not only disgusting but using people, who were also teenagers as pawns to spy on another teenager. That person later re-added me just to say they were given promises of having fun RP's but ended up being ghosted and being told to spy on me, I wished them the best as I wasn't sure if they were still in contact with the others.

As time went on they still stalked me, I had friends block me out of nowhere and it turned out to be their doing. Like I said before these people had massive followers in the HS fandom and they still do. So many people blindly worship them because of their contributions to the fandom and it pains me because I know how disgusting they truly are. These people would sexualise eating disorders, stalk and mentally abuse young fans for their sickening means of spying.

These people are in a lot of power in the fandom, they can choose who participate in fan events and run a lot of things which help creators in the fandom gain an audience. When I was a growing artist and were on good terms with them they even tried to slyly imply that they could get me noticed. Well, a few years later and I'm not recognised as a big artist, my art doesn't even reach 500 followers but I like to think I kept my dignity, even if it meant losing out.

I know very little about Homestuck, but isn't that community full of tryhard edgelords that try to relate to the characters too hard that Homestuck itself just breeds toxicity?

At 6/18/23 10:34 PM, RCGCbro wrote:
Someone had to say it.

I wasn't a participant, but Steven Universe, ironic how the show is about loving people unconditionally but one time an artist almost commit not living bc some fuckers though it would be okay to send death and r word threaths to this artist just bc she drew a character slightly less chubby

Yeah, definetly a sane community, not a community with serious issues at all 💀

Hai â–ž art thread â–ž

~-.¸¸,.-~*’ •·.·´¯`·.·• `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· •´`·..íì..·´`•

║▌Your hollow gaze has shifted past my eyes ▌║

BBS Signature

At 6/21/23 12:09 PM, BroSkullEmoji wrote:
Someone had to say it.
I wasn't a participant, but Steven Universe, ironic how the show is about loving people unconditionally but one time an artist almost commit not living bc some fuckers though it would be okay to send death and r word threaths to this artist just bc she drew a character slightly less chubby

Yeah, definetly a sane community, not a community with serious issues at all 💀

HOW DARE SOMEONE DRAW ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS LESS CHUBBY!! THEY WILL PAY!!!!iu_1001226_7306275.gif

Joking aside...yeah that's beyond fucked.

At 6/19/23 03:56 PM, wonkypaws wrote: seconding the fnf modding community. it’s simultaneously a huge comfort and anti-comfort for me lmao, ive loved it since i was 13 and i have lots of good memories associated with it, but at the same time, it’s incredibly toxic and somebody gets cancelled every other week (im not even exaggerating there. there was a point in time where i kept count, and every week there would be new drama & a new creator cancelled)
there were also large creators in that community that i formed parasocial relationships with, and they ended up being awful people (amoraltra & stickybm. iykyk) so while that was definitely not a good experience, it was a learning moment to not form parasocial relationships with grown men on the internet who don’t even know you exist. lmao

im also not sure if animal jam counts, but that game was my SHIT when i was younger. like, i shit you not, i considered myself not a human, but an animal within the world that the game takes place. i genuinely deluded myself into believing i was a fucking wolf on animal jam. that was fun

I mean like you can just tell an glitch or opinion on the FnF reviews and you will be filled of negative reactions

iu_1001362_8746620.jpgiu_1001363_8746620.jpg

There's more but newgrounds limitations can only put 2 images so

Official Member of the ROTC and the WC (haha toilet)

Also Current Owner of Wikigrounds (I adopted it on December.)

BBS Signature

WoW

iu_1001456_10252294.png

Someone had to say it.

What wrong with splatoon?

there’s a lot, but the worst one has to be danganronpa

wyd

BBS Signature

In 2023 I think it is the Deus Ex fans. While most other communities you can get good and bad - depends, where you look, but Deus Ex fans really dislike anyone for existing. And by all means never do any fan art - they would try to cancel you for having wrong eye colour for a canon character.

I have been threatened and assaulted to the point in Fallout forums, where a game dev stepped in to call this nonsense to an end and company even did a pro-move to show my work in their socials, then I do not consider Fallout communities toxic, just individuals being a bit lost in the waves of life. This is not what community in different socials or platforms are. No.

... but Deus Ex fandom mentioned above is some sort of collective hate. I have been in communities known for sharp tongues and direct speech like Blizzard gaming communities, and have had my fair share of "I'll kill you IRL" comments after PvP matches, but ... nope... no... Deus Ex ...fans by now scare me. I played Blizzard games very long time and was part in those communities and sure some would call those insane, but felt mild to me, when i was active there.

Honorable shutout to the Assassins Creed Reddit too, which would be close to the Deus Ex fan communities, but AC fans do not come chase you down in private socials if you colour some assassins socks wrong. And special virtual hugs for the moderator in official AC Discord that asked human artists leave the server if do not like AI arts.

At 6/21/23 11:55 AM, Magnedeus wrote:
At 6/21/23 07:31 AM, CosmicPunked wrote: Oh you sweet summer children, were you ever in the Homestuck fandom at peak popularity? I was once on tumblr in the early days and ended up being mass cancelled by the the roleplay part of the fandom over on it.

Story tw: dub/non con mention, Eating Disorder sexualisation mention

So when I was 14 - 19 years old I used to RP as some Homestuck characters, which was a huge thing over on Tumblr, e.g people would make blogs writing as that character and others would reblog and respond like their character. I thought this was a great way to meet new people and mostly to get better at writing.

Well, a sub-group in the RP community at the time had made a sex slave RP alternate universe, they were recruiting for RPers to join the 'universe'. Where in said universe the HS canon kids were to be enslaved and entrusted into the guardians care (like the human kids had Bro Strider, Dad Egbert, etc and the troll kids had people like the condesce and GHB etc). The kids and troll kids who were 13 in canon would be passed around weekly on a slave rotation ring where they would proceed to be sexually abused by whoever 'owned' them that week.

Due to me being absolutely disgusted by this when I found out, I wrote a post saying that it's vile and those who associate with these kinds of people are enabling them. It kind of backfired on me, as when I posted that it turned out 90% of the people I had interacted with were also creepy weirdos also partaking in the AU on the downlow and it created a massive target on my back, keep in mind my age at the time.

Unfortunately for me they would begin to harass me across platforms, I have one person in particular who was very popular in the HS fandom stalk my blogs, going to the point of staking out whoever I interacted with and trying to quickly befriend them so I was left without any friends.

During the time I was still there after that, I tried my best to keep calling it out, just to bring awareness to new comers, nobody else was doing it. I found out they had created sexual fetish blogs sexualising eating disorders as well, it got to the point where this group of sickos were accusing me of being a cult leader, because I had friends who had experienced eating disorders also educating how harmful fetishization of ED's was.

Whoever was new in the community I tried my best to steer them away from the people I knew were vile, I didn't want them to have the same experience I did because it really wasn't good for my mental health to be told that rping incest and rape was just 'a means of people expressing themselves' and that promoting eating disorders was 'body positivity'. A lot of the new comers to the RP side of HS fandom were similar ages to the protagonists so this fanbase has always had a younger audience due to the young age of the protags, and it had become an incredibly dangerous place to enjoy it with as I had experienced.

One situation was awful, one of the newcomers ended up being baited into unfriending me and going with that group of people. As soon as they were baited, the people who mass cancelled me then began slowly ghosting them. This group of people were not only disgusting but using people, who were also teenagers as pawns to spy on another teenager. That person later re-added me just to say they were given promises of having fun RP's but ended up being ghosted and being told to spy on me, I wished them the best as I wasn't sure if they were still in contact with the others.

As time went on they still stalked me, I had friends block me out of nowhere and it turned out to be their doing. Like I said before these people had massive followers in the HS fandom and they still do. So many people blindly worship them because of their contributions to the fandom and it pains me because I know how disgusting they truly are. These people would sexualise eating disorders, stalk and mentally abuse young fans for their sickening means of spying.

These people are in a lot of power in the fandom, they can choose who participate in fan events and run a lot of things which help creators in the fandom gain an audience. When I was a growing artist and were on good terms with them they even tried to slyly imply that they could get me noticed. Well, a few years later and I'm not recognised as a big artist, my art doesn't even reach 500 followers but I like to think I kept my dignity, even if it meant losing out.
I know very little about Homestuck, but isn't that community full of tryhard edgelords that try to relate to the characters too hard that Homestuck itself just breeds toxicity?

Yeah, I actually have a story based on that as well. I had drawn a character which was quite popular in the HS kinning community (I don't kin btw but this interaction made me aware of them), one of the Captors. One of the kinnies was someone who I used to RP with when I was a teenager so they dm'd me saying they were in a HS kinning discord, using my art of that character I drew as a 'face claim' and was arguing with someone who kinned the same character as them as they also used my art as a profile picture. They argued over who could 'face claim' that character and the person said to the other that because they knew the artist (me) that it gave them leverage to face claim it. So I said this is crazy talk and I don't think i talked to them again.

BBS Signature

Homestuck

At 6/21/23 11:51 PM, ikaroll wrote: Every single one.

If you're going to play a game, try to ONLY play the game, and ignore the communities. You're better off for it.

Also, yeah. Splatoon community gives me a headache.

Kinda hard to ignore a community if said community comes after you when you did nothing wrong. When the said community has done the aforementioned doxxing, death threats, etc.

At 6/21/23 07:59 PM, 9caatz wrote: WoW

Imma leave this here: FYI this is not me.iu_1001909_7306275.webp

Yeah, this actually happened.

At 6/22/23 01:58 PM, ikaroll wrote:
At 6/22/23 01:32 PM, Magnedeus wrote:
At 6/21/23 11:51 PM, ikaroll wrote: Every single one.

If you're going to play a game, try to ONLY play the game, and ignore the communities. You're better off for it.

Also, yeah. Splatoon community gives me a headache.
Kinda hard to ignore a community if said community comes after you when you did nothing wrong. When the said community has done the aforementioned doxxing, death threats, etc.
If you don't interact with the community in the first place, they won't come after you (i also don't even know which community you're referring to). Every single space on the internet has people that send death threats, it's sadly the truth of it orz.

You actually don't have to be interact or be part of it at all. Whether it's art, a video, etc. If a member of that community sees it, they'll share it with others. But if you're rocking a strong internet condom, then you don't have worry about people targeting you. And the aforementioned communities i was referring to were the DR and the SU communities. And you are right that "Every single space on the internet has people that send death threats" but i was just talking about the more infamous fandoms that have actually done so.

Furry fans, these people are like "we're not sexual. We're not sexual" Then they become sexual. Why would a teenager join a group of 40 year old gay dudes that dress up as animals? There where diaper guys everywhere. There was cub everywhere. On FA they where overwhelming but on DA and FB they where chill.

There where chill ones but nowadays all of them seem to be of brainwashed SJWs. The general make up of the furry fandom as they call it are quite cult like. Never have I felt such profound overwhelm than being around a furry fan. Someone who is a prodigy at age 13.

People who are sooo desperate to draw rule 34 of an animal character from childen's media. This could have meant I have outgrown it.

There are right wing furries. Which I am so confused this exists but it's there.

Now this may sound weird or nothing to you but it gets worse because they cause constant drama. Constant allegations of zoophilia and pedophilia. Racism and homophobia. Constant toxicity and callout culture.

iFunny and Google+ where full of Trump supporters and far rightists.Total Chuds that must have opinions on everything.

At 6/22/23 08:36 PM, redfoxbennaton wrote: Furry fans, these people are like "we're not sexual. We're not sexual" Then they become sexual. Why would a teenager join a group of 40 year old gay dudes that dress up as animals? There where diaper guys everywhere. There was cub everywhere. On FA they where overwhelming but on DA and FB they where chill.

There where chill ones but nowadays all of them seem to be of brainwashed SJWs. The general make up of the furry fandom as they call it are quite cult like. Never have I felt such profound overwhelm than being around a furry fan. Someone who is a prodigy at age 13.
People who are sooo desperate to draw rule 34 of an animal character from childen's media. This could have meant I have outgrown it.
There are right wing furries. Which I am so confused this exists but it's there.
Now this may sound weird or nothing to you but it gets worse because they cause constant drama. Constant allegations of zoophilia and pedophilia. Racism and homophobia. Constant toxicity and callout culture.

iFunny and Google+ where full of Trump supporters and far rightists.Total Chuds that must have opinions on everything.

Yeah..I try not to diss furries because as a kid I really liked shows like All Dogs Go To Heaven, The Lion King and even liked the designs of the Egyptian Gods and whether we like it or not, there is some serious talent as far as designing the costumes go. But my mind keeps going back to there being zoosadists who stand on puppies and a zoophile podcast that is still up on youtube expressing their sick desires of how animals can consent and how it should be included in the LGBTQ+ (Like no you don't belong here.) DeadwingDork covers a lot of these types of people.

There's a lot of furries who distance themselves from that but how can they? When even FurAffinity (a website for furries) is littered with the stuff you mentioned above. If the fetishism, racism, homophobia and Nazism is so rare amongst them then why dont they curb stomp it and not leave it to fester. Obviously it's a bigger issue than they are letting on it being because of how prevalent it is.

FA is 13+ and even going on FA right now on the front page I see art of emo femboy furries and NSFW artwork of furry ass and genitalia, I don't even have an account and I'm certainly not logged in! At least NG actively encourages reporting unfiltered NSFW

BBS Signature

mascot horror community is probobly one of the most biased community i have the displesure of being part of. everytime a new game/fangame that issnt that scary and/or great, it gets a lot of unnessesary hate and calls games souless cashgrabs or somthing simmelar. im going to say that the banban devs while yes are very unproffesional, and the games are shit. they does not desserve all the backhanded insults out of nowere. i dont judje the banban devs for blocking uhyeah on twitter. he was kianda was a dick to the devs for posting memes that coud be interpreted as insulting. phisnom (and many others) bragging on twitter about beating the games under 2 hours so they can refund the game when they coud just stayed quiet about refunding the game. but the community is not like that to devs of games that are considerd good . mob games (bullied someone relentlasly), joey drew studios (treated their employees like shit), jonochrome (a fucking pedophile). yet i never hear backhanded insults to them. just beacouse their games are good? the euhoric bros are the ones getting the unnesesary insults. yes, i know they arent perfect (they coud learn to take actual critisism proppely) but they atleast arent bullies or pedos.

im going to link a pretty good video that is simmelar to the topic. its not ezaktaly about what i talked about but it is intresting and gives a deep dive about the topic of mascot horror.

Mascot Horror's Past, Present, and Uncertain Future... - YouTube

the object show community, filled with children that seem to not understand most topics.

the one with Spamton G. Spamton the scrunkly dunkly trash man?

nyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanyanya-

... As someone who only started reading a few months ago and stopped sometime after Act 3 and never got into the fandom myself.

I am so sorry for everything.

... If you ever need to talk about stuff just DM me.

At 6/21/23 06:44 AM, Prismisho wrote: You cannot last 15 seconds in this game!

--- Every porn game ad ever

At 6/23/23 07:49 PM, chilicheesefritocat wrote:
At 6/21/23 06:44 AM, Prismisho wrote: You cannot last 15 seconds in this game!
--- Every porn game ad ever

That just reminded me of those shitty porn ads that says "your neighbor is calling you and wants to fuck!"

The FNF community, while has lead me to some amazing things and life-changing opportunities, has also caused me actual trauma and the cancellations and drama lead to my fear of abandonment because of how brutal they can be. (Granted there were still people who absolutely deserved to be called out)

Not to mention, I actually ended up predicting that someone was going to end up taking their own life as a result of drama. And I was sadly right... :(

💖🌈A Quirky Artist & Creator with a Rainbow of Interests!🌈💖

BBS Signature

At 6/23/23 07:47 PM, chilicheesefritocat wrote:
... As someone who only started reading a few months ago and stopped sometime after Act 3 and never got into the fandom myself.

I am so sorry for everything.

... If you ever need to talk about stuff just DM me.

A good decision to get out, personally I started reading Homestuck at ACT 5 because of how stale the first few ACT's were. While I'm not in the fandom anymore I occasionally draw some of the ancestors as they were the ones who people tend to overlook and are often the least trauma inducing to engage with ironically lmao

Others in here also mention fandoms like Steven Universe and Undertale/Deltarune and they are also toxic because a lot of the HS fandom during the hiatuses flocked over to them, especially as Toby Fox was one of the main musicians for Homestuck as well, and san's theme tune is also Vriska's so from the start they shared an audience. It's also why Toby wanted to stay out of the limelight because he had seen what Hussie's creation had become.

BBS Signature

Twitter; easy answer.

Listen to my latest video game music release! Windup & Pitch! If you wish! :)

BBS Signature

A funny thing I'm starting to see more of nowadays is how internet drama sometimes starts to come for the developers themselves for games.

You know the Omori fandom? Yeah, well, calling it insane can be well applicable to other games like Undertale or Homestuck. But I legitimately saw several online flamewars be fought over Omocat's past tweets referencing pedophilia when she was still at her 20's. The source drama in-question was really just stuff like "If I was a Drifloon I'd take children and fly away with them." I dunno about that, but it looks more so like really off-key jokes.

Sometimes when fandoms get big, a lot of people start getting riled up with the growing drama, and they'll go out for blood, looking for more excuses to make more drama. This includes taking things the original game's creator said or did, and ripping it up. The FNF Developers were targeted, Toby Fox was targeted, Scott Cawthon was targeted. Even if there were reasons for criticizing people, fandoms shouldn't use it to destroy the very thing they stand for, at least how I'm trying to put it.

Deviant Art and just about every sub-community from that site.

Fuck that shit hole. I could also talk about the insanity that went on in two of my colleges but... that's a whole other can of worms that doesn't do with online.

Someone had to say it.

Well I'm currently into Linux and free-and-open-source software and both of those communities have quite a few crazies in them, but I'm not really "involved" in the community as such so I don't think that counts.

I will say I was into Yu-Gi-Oh! for most of my life and it eventually reached a point where I had to leave, partially because of how toxic and shitty the people can be, particularly in the competitive scene. Shame really because I still really like the game.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo

At 6/24/23 01:47 PM, TheJayJay wrote:
Someone had to say it.
Well I'm currently into Linux and free-and-open-source software and both of those communities have quite a few crazies in them, but I'm not really "involved" in the community as such so I don't think that counts.

I will say I was into Yu-Gi-Oh! for most of my life and it eventually reached a point where I had to leave, partially because of how toxic and shitty the people can be, particularly in the competitive scene. Shame really because I still really like the game.

I quit Yu-Gi-Oh because it became an incoherent mess of OTK decks, and it still is. People are still asking for a chat function in master duel to obviously spread the toxicity further.

At 6/24/23 03:05 PM, Magnedeus wrote:
At 6/24/23 01:47 PM, TheJayJay wrote:
Someone had to say it.

I quit Yu-Gi-Oh because it became an incoherent mess of OTK decks, and it still is. People are still asking for a chat function in master duel to obviously spread the toxicity further.

I don't mind the OTK decks (most of the time) but yeah, DuelingBook and YGOPro/EDOpro were already toxic enough with their chat functions, can't imagine it being much better on Master Duel.

pfp: BellieQwQ | website: jaypedia.xyz | bandcamp: thejayjay.bandcamp.com

thanq yuo