00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Drake-Star just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread!

4,566 Views | 133 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-18 22:54:04

At 8/18/23 07:58 PM, art-dude wrote:
At 8/18/23 06:26 AM, YSNartworks wrote:
At 8/18/23 01:05 AM, art-dude wrote:
At 8/17/23 11:35 PM, YSNartworks wrote: So adding my greetings, I am YSN a new ng user, I used a lot of thesitebck inthe day and now I am trying to get into the site.

Nice to meet yall !
Nice to meet you too. We can help too if you ever get lost around here.
Thanks a lot, but yeah Ng is a very special site, I still didn't figure what is portals and how does it works ?
They're just the term used for different sections of the site that specialize in different things.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah damn I'm kinda dumb lol

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-19 01:49:06

At 8/18/23 10:54 PM, YSNartworks wrote:
At 8/17/23 11:35 PM, YSNartworks wrote: So adding my greetings, I am YSN a new ng user, I used a lot of thesitebck inthe day and now I am trying to get into the site.

Nice to meet yall !
Thanks a lot, but yeah Ng is a very special site, I still didn't figure what is portals and how does it works ?
They're just the term used for different sections of the site that specialize in different things.

It's alright. Newgrounds is big for a website of its kind, so it's going to have a lot of twists and turns.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-19 03:16:17

At 8/19/23 01:49 AM, art-dude wrote:

Nice to meet yall !
It's alright. Newgrounds is big for a website of its kind, so it's going to have a lot of twists and turns.

I see I also wonder, if there's some events or challenges and how to have thee maximum interactions here ?

And btw is there something I need to look for ? For example in twitter people are very toxic so debatting with someone is really difficult, so is there's some "not go to" rules ?

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-20 01:50:34

At 8/19/23 03:16 AM, YSNartworks wrote:
At 8/19/23 01:49 AM, art-dude wrote:

Nice to meet yall !
I see I also wonder, if there's some events or challenges and how to have thee maximum interactions here ?
And btw is there something I need to look for ? For example in twitter people are very toxic so debatting with someone is really difficult, so is there's some "not go to" rules ?

There are occasionally events, yes. For example, two days ago the site celebrated Clock Day (a generic but fun holiday). There aren't many site challenges but members often host their own.

People here are very down to earth. As long as the site rules are followed, there's nothing you must look out for like that. The only two things I'd say you should prepare for is that 1) people here have a very daring sense of humor and 2) the mods might remove some threads sometimes if the user who made it removes their account or if the thread is a junk thread, though it's not the same as you being in trouble or anything, in case you see a post of yours gone and think you did something wrong. As for interaction, a lot of threads I know go by themes which allow you to participate in them more than once like a game, and that often helps you get interaction up.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-22 11:59:21

Hello everyone!

I've already noted it in my "About" section, but since introductions are in order: I've always enjoyed drawing but, over the years, I realized that my interests mostly lie in depicting all the facets of gay experience. Be it completely wholesome or various shades of NSFW, it's what I most enjoy drawing. I'm here on Newgrounds to finally share some of my NSFW work, as part of a journey towards acceptance that both it and my SFW art are equally valid and genuine expressions of who I am. Who knows where that journey will take me, but at the very least, I'm here now.

Hope to enjoy my time on Newgrounds and experience lots of cool and different art.

Thinking back, off in the distance, the future shone everywhere we looked

Underneath the beautiful blue sky

We were just a little bit afraid

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-22 15:24:36

At 8/22/23 11:59 AM, vlsrb wrote: Hello everyone!

I've already noted it in my "About" section, but since introductions are in order: I've always enjoyed drawing but, over the years, I realized that my interests mostly lie in depicting all the facets of gay experience. Be it completely wholesome or various shades of NSFW, it's what I most enjoy drawing. I'm here on Newgrounds to finally share some of my NSFW work, as part of a journey towards acceptance that both it and my SFW art are equally valid and genuine expressions of who I am. Who knows where that journey will take me, but at the very least, I'm here now.

Hope to enjoy my time on Newgrounds and experience lots of cool and different art.

Count me in, that sounds cool. Kind of reminds me of when Obelis used to be famous. I'm LGBT too (as an asexual though) and would be interested to see the perspectives.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-23 02:43:59

At 8/22/23 10:00 PM, LoveRetail wrote: User who been around a few days, thought to finally post with my busy freelance schedule.. seems like many are desperate to make money here with their works, I am lost in the darn trap trying to get out of the grid we live in by buying NOTHING yet it's hard with ads everywhere. on a mission to give more then I receive (yes selling on my page but most ask for donations) the monetary system is rigged!

However, my intentions are to make friends in the usa but open to other places as well. no social media or other place i use, old school in my mid 20s trying to enjoy life to the fullest :)

Those are beautiful! We hope to be able to help how we can. Also, I can relate to the last part, I'm in it with you.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-27 13:34:51

Ma Ciao! I am new? Yes! Sounds like you're curious why my profile picture is on a shrimp... actually I feel like a loose shrimp. I would complain about the heat but I have more to say, what? come a little closer... I love drawing (who knows if I'll post some drawings that I'll start doing digitally again... I really don't know), I love writing what comes to my mind (do you know how many incomplete stories for over 4 years), I love take random photos especially under the sun and my phone begs for mercy ... and here's to my rescue a 13-year-old phone that makes certain photos in 0.0.0001mpx the most beautiful thing ever seen ... I swear. the music? you know i love it...i've also been a Cellmate since 10/12/20. now that you know something about me, I have no experience on this social network...strangely it reminds me of 10 years ago, if you like, can you give me some advice on how to use it at its best? before i cry about flah and java games. capers! my pc sweats, what can I say... I would like to thank my trusted angel for teleporting me here, have a good day everyone and stay hydrated.

ps. I apologize for writing a monologue, and here's my flaw.

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-27 13:36:52

At 8/27/23 01:34 PM, Monae wrote: Ma Ciao! I am new? Yes! Sounds like you're curious why my profile picture is on a shrimp... actually I feel like a loose shrimp. I would complain about the heat but I have more to say, what? come a little closer... I love drawing (who knows if I'll post some drawings that I'll start doing digitally again... I really don't know), I love writing what comes to my mind (do you know how many incomplete stories for over 4 years), I love take random photos especially under the sun and my phone begs for mercy ... and here's to my rescue a 13-year-old phone that makes certain photos in 0.0.0001mpx the most beautiful thing ever seen ... I swear. the music? you know i love it...i've also been a Cellmate since 10/12/20. now that you know something about me, I have no experience on this social network...strangely it reminds me of 10 years ago, if you like, can you give me some advice on how to use it at its best? before i cry about flah and java games. capers! my pc sweats, what can I say... I would like to thank my trusted angel for teleporting me here, have a good day everyone and stay hydrated.

Welcome, friend! I'm glad I got to extend my invitation.

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-27 16:42:07

At 8/27/23 01:34 PM, Monae wrote: Ma Ciao! I am new? Yes! Sounds like you're curious why my profile picture is on a shrimp... actually I feel like a loose shrimp. I would complain about the heat but I have more to say, what? come a little closer... I love drawing (who knows if I'll post some drawings that I'll start doing digitally again... I really don't know), I love writing what comes to my mind (do you know how many incomplete stories for over 4 years), I love take random photos especially under the sun and my phone begs for mercy ... and here's to my rescue a 13-year-old phone that makes certain photos in 0.0.0001mpx the most beautiful thing ever seen ... I swear. the music? you know i love it...i've also been a Cellmate since 10/12/20. now that you know something about me, I have no experience on this social network...strangely it reminds me of 10 years ago, if you like, can you give me some advice on how to use it at its best? before i cry about flah and java games. capers! my pc sweats, what can I say... I would like to thank my trusted angel for teleporting me here, have a good day everyone and stay hydrated.

Hello and welcome to Newgrounds. It's complicated to explain how the whole place works in one post, but we're always here if you have any questions on how to do something.

Also, I too love myself some good shrimpy pics.

iu_1062101_14155417.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-08-28 13:25:57

At 8/27/23 04:42 PM, art-dude wrote:

Hello and welcome to Newgrounds. It's complicated to explain how the whole place works in one post, but we're always here if you have any questions on how to do something.

ew, haha

spoon in the sky, I threw it over the moon

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-07 16:00:03

Hey, just an easy going Dad who stumbled across this art/scene by accident, but Im hoping to connect with similar people.. Aussie, late night gooner while my twins sleep like angels...lol Hello all

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-07 20:16:07

At 9/7/23 04:00 PM, EasyDad wrote: Hey, just an easy going Dad who stumbled across this art/scene by accident, but Im hoping to connect with similar people.. Aussie, late night gooner while my twins sleep like angels...lol Hello all

Hi dad! i hope you enjoy it here.

Any particular genre you're attached to?

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-07 21:27:14

At 9/7/23 08:16 PM, art-dude wrote:
At 9/7/23 04:00 PM, EasyDad wrote: Hey, just an easy going Dad who stumbled across this art/scene by accident, but Im hoping to connect with similar people.. Aussie, late night gooner while my twins sleep like angels...lol Hello all
Hi dad! i hope you enjoy it here.

Any particular genre you're attached to?

Hey there, Im actually just checking out this site, seeing who in my household is on here and why..lol... interesting history list on home pc... new here lost and looking lol

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-07 21:51:14

At 8/27/23 04:42 PM, art-dude wrote:

Wow, thats the hottest shrimp Ive seen for a while... keep em coming?

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-11 23:10:28

At 3/24/23 01:28 PM, art-dude wrote: New to Newgrounds or the forums? Introduce yourself in this thread! While you're here, you should also check out the Forum Rules and the FAQ linked to in the top bar of the forum as you enter. Even if you're not new, feel free to welcome new users.

hi I'm new here what forums are the best?

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 02:07:54

At 9/11/23 11:10 PM, law549 wrote:
At 3/24/23 01:28 PM, art-dude wrote: New to Newgrounds or the forums? Introduce yourself in this thread! While you're here, you should also check out the Forum Rules and the FAQ linked to in the top bar of the forum as you enter. Even if you're not new, feel free to welcome new users.
hi I'm new here what forums are the best?

I can only speak for the ones whose interactions I've come to enjoy the most, but I personally fancy this one and this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 16:39:49

... Hello guys! I am freshly new... I am really into composing, boys and girls... I didn't spent too much time on thinking how a DAW actually works, more of the time just staying in front of a piece of sheet music trying to achieve improbable results..!! Or maybe using a semplicistic online sequencer to sketch orchestral ideas. When, uhm, my composition's teacher at conservatory told me to became a video game composer so that's why I am here!

More, I am literally hungry for finding collaboration on this site and community. I know in here there are plenty of telented people who has the same intention, and want to grow as a newbie on this site making network with others newbies (on this site)! Let's make fun together! ;-)

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 17:07:12

At 9/12/23 04:39 PM, OktoPianist wrote: ... Hello guys! I am freshly new... I am really into composing, boys and girls... I didn't spent too much time on thinking how a DAW actually works, more of the time just staying in front of a piece of sheet music trying to achieve improbable results..!! Or maybe using a semplicistic online sequencer to sketch orchestral ideas. When, uhm, my composition's teacher at conservatory told me to became a video game composer so that's why I am here!

More, I am literally hungry for finding collaboration on this site and community. I know in here there are plenty of telented people who has the same intention, and want to grow as a newbie on this site making network with others newbies (on this site)! Let's make fun together! ;-)

Welcome to Newgrounds. And that's neat, I'm positive you'll find what you're looking for. Is it instrumental or vocal?

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 17:27:20

At 9/12/23 05:07 PM, art-dude wrote:
At 9/12/23 04:39 PM, OktoPianist wrote: ... Hello guys! I am freshly new... I am really into composing, boys and girls... I didn't spent too much time on thinking how a DAW actually works, more of the time just staying in front of a piece of sheet music trying to achieve improbable results..!! Or maybe using a semplicistic online sequencer to sketch orchestral ideas. When, uhm, my composition's teacher at conservatory told me to became a video game composer so that's why I am here!

Welcome to Newgrounds. And that's neat, I'm positive you'll find what you're looking for. Is it instrumental or vocal?

I am not really sure that I have found what I am looking for, only time will tell. It's sure this site is quite promising but I hope it will be an chance for me to find people to work with. I appreciate your welcome (:

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 17:29:06

At 9/12/23 05:27 PM, OktoPianist wrote:
At 9/12/23 05:07 PM, art-dude wrote:

I am not really sure that I have found what I am looking for, only time will tell. It's sure this site is quite promising but I hope it will be an chance for me to find people to work with. I appreciate your welcome (:

Oh yes, I'm working for both instrumental and vocal, but I wrote more instrumental till now

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 19:36:45

Hello, I'm wiiman, Im very new to the whole forums idea (im a youngin), but I like newgrounds layout and enjoy going through all the old flash games and animations i've seen reuploaded on other sites before,

I like video games anime and music

uh, what else um, I try to work on youtube """""content""""" but I do enjoy the process/

thanks for reading

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 20:05:15

At 9/12/23 07:36 PM, Wiiman356 wrote:
Hello, I'm wiiman, Im very new to the whole forums idea (im a youngin), but I like newgrounds layout and enjoy going through all the old flash games and animations i've seen reuploaded on other sites before,

uh, what else um, I try to work on youtube """""content""""" but I do enjoy the process/
thanks for reading

Welcome to the forums. I remember my first time using a forum section. Remember that we're all always here to help if you need help navigating or knowing what each thing does.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-12 20:14:26

At 9/12/23 08:05 PM, art-dude wrote:
At 9/12/23 07:36 PM, Wiiman356 wrote:

thanks for reading
Welcome to the forums. I remember my first time using a forum section. Remember that we're all always here to help if you need help navigating or knowing what each thing does.

thanks a lot, newgrounds is pretty cool (punk o matic 2 is really fun)

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-14 20:28:22

Hello, I'm an artist joining Newgrounds from Twitter. I will mostly be using this platform to showcase my artistic pieces, but I hope to find myself contributing to forums, too. Most of my content will be oc-related and lean towards horror genres and darker themes. I've been on the Internet for a while and have seen plenty of the amazing creations made by users on Newgrounds and I hope to be able to contribute some of my own work to this platform.

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-09-15 03:19:00

At 9/14/23 08:28 PM, M0zzy wrote:
Hello, I'm an artist joining Newgrounds from Twitter. I will mostly be using this platform to showcase my artistic pieces, but I hope to find myself contributing to forums, too. Most of my content will be oc-related and lean towards horror genres and darker themes. I've been on the Internet for a while and have seen plenty of the amazing creations made by users on Newgrounds and I hope to be able to contribute some of my own work to this platform.

Welcome to our world! Keep in mind that you can also showcase your art here in the forums too. This is very convenient.

iu_1077361_14155417.webp

iu_1077362_14155417.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-11-12 13:02:55

This technically isn't my first day anymore, but I wasn't looking hard enough to realize this thread existed so I want to say hi. :)

I missed using forums in general .. and am excited to be here with other artists to hopefully meet new people and find my step forward in artistic endeavors. :)

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-11-12 18:13:10

At 11/12/23 01:02 PM, Alenicia wrote: This technically isn't my first day anymore, but I wasn't looking hard enough to realize this thread existed so I want to say hi. :)

I missed using forums in general .. and am excited to be here with other artists to hopefully meet new people and find my step forward in artistic endeavors. :)

We don't blame you, sometimes things get shuffled around. But anyways, welcome! We hope you enjoy it here, and we're always here if you need anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-11-22 21:44:59

I comment on forums, games, audio and that is all.

Maybe I will post something, I am considering.

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-11-23 00:35:29

At 11/22/23 09:44 PM, ironmmlp wrote: I comment on forums, games, audio and that is all.
Maybe I will post something, I am considering.

That's alright, take it as lightly as you feel like. We all still give you a warm welcome.

BBS Signature