00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

chris3342001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread!

4,563 Views | 133 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

New to Newgrounds or the forums? Introduce yourself in this thread! While you're here, you should also check out the Forum Rules and the FAQ linked to in the top bar of the forum as you enter. Even if you're not new, feel free to welcome new users.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-03-24 14:04:01

At 3/24/23 01:28 PM, art-dude wrote: I'm not the same user who made the original thread of this name but really liked it and realized it died with the general forums yesterday, so I'm relocating it, since relocating threads is something we've all done before.

New to Newgrounds or the forums? Introduce yourself in this thread! While you're here, you should also check out the Forum Rules and the FAQ linked to in the top bar of the forum as you enter. Even if you're not new, feel free to welcome new users.

iu_930170_11185278.gif < @tomfulp, maybe you can pin this?

I may not be the brightest in the box full of light-bulbs, but that doesn't mean I can't light the way in this dark world.

(you can call me wilson or mawi if you want, I'm also the one who made skibidi club.)

TOYHOUSEYOUTUBETUMBLRREDDIT

BBS Signature

At 3/24/23 02:04 PM, Wilson wrote:
At 3/24/23 01:28 PM, art-dude wrote: I'm not the same user who made the original thread of this name but really liked it and realized it died with the general forums yesterday, so I'm relocating it, since relocating threads is something we've all done before.

< @tomfulp, maybe you can pin this?

I changed the title to the Greeting Club and removed the first paragraph because I feel like that will be irrelevant to new users in the future. I had been thinking about reaching out to regulars in the other forums like Art and Audio to see about establishing new user threads there but we could see how this goes first.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-03-26 11:13:14

At 3/24/23 02:09 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I changed the title to the Greeting Club and removed the first paragraph because I feel like that will be irrelevant to new users in the future. I had been thinking about reaching out to regulars in the other forums like Art and Audio to see about establishing new user threads there but we could see how this goes first.

So, what about the old user introduction thread?

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-03-30 13:53:07

srry im a bit new here lmao. whats a newgrounds?

DONT BOTHER ME, OKAY?

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-02 10:58:20

At 3/29/23 01:26 PM, Ace-Disgrace wrote:
At 3/26/23 11:13 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote:
At 3/24/23 02:09 PM, TomFulp wrote:
So, what about the old user introduction thread?
someone needs to make it, i guess

I did. Or did I?

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-02 11:18:06

At 3/30/23 01:53 PM, BastardFromBrooklyn wrote: srry im a bit new here lmao. whats a newgrounds?

You're on it. :P

A belated Warm Welcome to the Grounds BastardFromBrooklyn!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-02 11:24:05

At 4/2/23 11:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/30/23 01:53 PM, BastardFromBrooklyn wrote: srry im a bit new here lmao. whats a newgrounds?

is this the website wif fnf on it! Im 3 years old btw

DONT BOTHER ME, OKAY?

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-02 11:34:20

At 4/2/23 11:24 AM, BastardFromBrooklyn wrote:
At 4/2/23 11:18 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:

is this the website wif fnf on it! Im 3 years old btw

Finna enjoy this place for decades to come then! Maybe a century even...

This is that place yes. With the great funky 2020 facelift.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-10 09:06:25

I'm pretty new here, hello! 🤘

Stay gnar gnar 🤘🤘🤘

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-10 12:45:23

I just want to share my stuff with other artists and get into community, I would just like to know how to get started, first of all: how do I get out of the "undiscovered artist" zone?

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-14 19:08:34

omg hi!! i haven't been on newgrounds in a minute cus i had a hard time really understanding how it works but i'm gonna give it my all this time :]

maybe i'll learn when to shut up, but today isn't one of those days.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-14 20:49:18

At 4/10/23 09:06 AM, Riggamortis666 wrote: I'm pretty new here, hello! 🤘

Welcome!

At 4/10/23 12:45 PM, IMisU wrote: I just want to share my stuff with other artists and get into community, I would just like to know how to get started, first of all: how do I get out of the "undiscovered artist" zone?

Make good art, at least a few more submissions so people have a sense of your portfolio. People who participate in the community seem to be a bit more likely to have someone check out their profile and art.

At 4/14/23 07:08 PM, forksssssss wrote: omg hi!! i haven't been on newgrounds in a minute cus i had a hard time really understanding how it works but i'm gonna give it my all this time :]

If you need anything clarified, reach out in this thread!

At 4/14/23 07:32 PM, KaylaDart wrote: Hi All I'm Kayla and I finally made an account here. No more silent stalking haha
Feel free to stop by my page. Feel free to dm me.

Welcome!

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-04-24 10:27:01

hey, new peep here

I finally joined after seeing the past couple years of Flash jams

I appreciate you lot keeping flash going

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-05-14 10:21:38

Hello! I am xiaocu, I like drawing and posting art :D Will be trying to post regularly on this site for blogging purposes.

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-05-14 10:28:54

At 5/14/23 10:21 AM, xiaocu wrote: Hello! I am xiaocu, I like drawing and posting art :D Will be trying to post regularly on this site for blogging purposes.

At 4/10/23 09:06 AM, Riggamortis666 wrote: I'm pretty new here, hello! 🤘

At 4/24/23 10:27 AM, PoorSods0 wrote: hey, new peep here
I finally joined after seeing the past couple years of Flash jams
I appreciate you lot keeping flash going

And as others have said, welcome to Newgrounds! We hope you enjoy it here. The forums are always happy to be here for you.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-05-27 10:34:24

At 5/27/23 02:11 AM, GoldenHeroCurry wrote: Hello everyone! I am GoldenHeroCurry. I am a reader, writer, basketball fanatic, gym rat, and pizza and ice cream lover who just discovered Newgrounds a few days ago. While this is only my second day, I have enjoyed what I have seen thus far. I look forward to being a part of the Newgrounds community. :)

Welcome to Newgrounds, GoldenHeroCurry. We hope you like it here.

What's your favorite basketball team?

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-05-28 14:32:46

uhm hellu, I´m new here since today. wanna try and test some new Art Websites- since I got the feeling nobody seeing my Art lol

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-05-28 14:38:49

At 5/28/23 02:32 PM, Joichiru wrote: uhm hellu, I´m new here since today. wanna try and test some new Art Websites- since I got the feeling nobody seeing my Art lol

I'm willing to check out your art!

god's favorite youtuber since 2021

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-05-28 18:42:25

At 5/28/23 02:38 PM, Diamondmanpixel76 wrote:
At 5/28/23 02:32 PM, Joichiru wrote: uhm hellu, I´m new here since today. wanna try and test some new Art Websites- since I got the feeling nobody seeing my Art lol
I'm willing to check out your art!

Same. I bet it's awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-08 02:15:01

At 6/7/23 06:52 PM, FilmCutterClock wrote: Hello, I am FilmCutterClock. HAHAHA!

I mostly just exist to make Clock Movies, Clock Music, Clock Art, Clock Clock, Clock, cloooooock, and 5ometimes potry. e.

Welcome to Newgrounds, FilmCutterClock. I hope you enjoy it here. I would say I like a lot of clock music, clock ambience adds a nice touch to a musical piece.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-10 14:23:46

At 6/10/23 02:57 AM, rjande wrote: hello im sort of new but not really so hi.

That's alright. Welcome to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-12 05:10:52

What up! I'm a cool artist looking to be a part of a cool art site and mingle with other cool artists B)

iu_993951_17487051.webp

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-12 12:23:35

At 6/12/23 05:10 AM, Riger44 wrote: What up! I'm a cool artist looking to be a part of a cool art site and mingle with other cool artists B)

Welcome to Newgrounds! You have come to the right place. There are a lot of good times waiting here.

Also, that drawing is very cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-13 19:55:43

At 6/13/23 07:34 PM, Viikare wrote: Hi!!
I've been on NG for a bit but I haven't really done anything besides posting art until recently.
Felt like an introduction is order!
I'm Vii and I'm a freelance illustrator and barista.
I also tend to dabble in music production and writing a bit, but nothing serious.

I've mostly done work for Vtubers, youtubers and personal clients before but seeing the collaborative spirit of NG I really wanted to delve more into that!

I hope to get to know you guys a bit more over time :)

That's alright, we give you our welcome no matter how long you've been on Newgrounds. It's nice to meet you, V is actually one of my nicknames too (but I'm not picky when it comes to names). We in the forums are always here if you need a friendly voice or hand.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-14 14:44:55

At 6/12/23 12:23 PM, art-dude wrote:
At 6/12/23 05:10 AM, Riger44 wrote: What up! I'm a cool artist looking to be a part of a cool art site and mingle with other cool artists B)
Welcome to Newgrounds! You have come to the right place. There are a lot of good times waiting here.

Also, that drawing is very cool.

Eyy thanks! This definitely does feel like the place, looking forward to it!

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-16 15:34:43

Hi, I'm Speen. Even though I have an account here since 2018, I'm technically new to this particular BBS. I'm an artist, mainly drawing Sonic stuff and playing racing games like Forza.

BBS Signature

At 6/16/23 03:34 PM, Speendlex wrote: Hi, I'm Speen. Even though I have an account here since 2018, I'm technically new to this particular BBS. I'm an artist, mainly drawing Sonic stuff and playing racing games like Forza.

Welcome to the BBS. I think a lot of people here can relate, many people know the site for years and suddenly they realize the BBS exists and they think "wait, there was a forum all along?"

What's your favorite Sonic game? For me, Sonic Advance comes to mind, I'd spend hours raising the chao.

BBS Signature

Response to Greeting Club - New User Intro Thread! 2023-06-16 16:30:20

At 6/16/23 04:26 PM, art-dude wrote:
At 6/16/23 03:34 PM, Speendlex wrote: Hi, I'm Speen. Even though I have an account here since 2018, I'm technically new to this particular BBS. I'm an artist, mainly drawing Sonic stuff and playing racing games like Forza.
Welcome to the BBS. I think a lot of people here can relate, many people know the site for years and suddenly they realize the BBS exists and they think "wait, there was a forum all along?"

What's your favorite Sonic game? For me, Sonic Rush comes to mind, I'd spend hours raising the chao.

Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders and Frontiers in particular. Because I also like aliens, I do an AU based on former, but since I never did actual writing prior, I'm slow on it, and got a couple of editors to help me on that matter when I get it to move it to RenPy.

BBS Signature

Heyo, Im Mathias or Mat

I try to draw vaguely horror stuff and just whatever I feel like making, which sometimes means thrown together story concepts. Pretty new to posting here but I hope to meet more artists on here.

I also ramble about games and stuff if people talk to me. I like making online friends.

And yes, I'm part of the people leaving twitter because I'm tired of it crowd