00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tunedMedic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Critique Call Center: Want your art critiqued? Want to critique art? Look here!

3,406 Views | 109 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

WELCOME TO THE CRITIQUE CALL CENTER! This is a thread where you can easily access art to be critiqued or can submit art you want critiqued. This was made in response to the surplus of critique my art threads that tend to have one or two posts at max. Much like the OC Plaza, this thread is to compliment those who want to get better art and want to get substantial feedback on their creations and those who may not be the best at art but are willing to give constructive criticism to artists who yearn for it.

How does it work?

If you have a specific piece of art that you want critiqued, then all you have to do is write "[CRITIQUE THIS!]" under the drawing you want critiqued so people know what specific art piece you want feedback on. On the other hand, if you're looking to critique a certain drawing, then all you have to do is comment your review and include a out of 5 star rating to get your main thoughts on the drawing in question out there. If you want a particular piece of art of yours to be given feedback/critique, then you can write "[CALL ME]" and you can sort out that scenario in DM's (made mostly to deter nsfw.) WIPs are also of course allowed.

iu_867035_10067007.jpg

Got any rules?

• No NSFW of any kind. If you want any NSFW art reviewed, then you can do so through DM's. Spicy characters are fine as long as there isn't excessive nudity.
  • Minimal non-critiques. It can be very disheartening for someone looking for genuine critique and feedback to get nothing but a shitpost. This thread was made to encourage artists, not put them down.

I made this thread because I know that many artists want some personal feedback and critique who wanna get better at their craft through the feedback of others and others who would like to give artists substantial critiques to help them get better at what they do. It wasn't made to eliminate all critique posts, but to rather be a central hub for those to go to for a better chance of getting their pieces critiqued.

It's obviously inspired by @Gelert's OC Plaza, but I would like for it to have its own identity. If no one's interested that's totally fine, but I'd still be interested in giving people feedback on their arts if they're willing to receive some from me as I'm always down for helping others anyway I can.

I'll start!

iu_867036_10067007.png

[CRITIQUE THIS]

Performer of all, completer of none

BBS Signature

I reallylike this idea! im just confused on this part -

At 1/14/23 05:12 AM, picolocity366 wrote: On the other hand, if you're looking to critique a certain drawing, then all you have to do is comment your review and include a out of 5 star rating to get your main thoughts on the drawing in question out there. If you want a particular piece of art of yours to be given feedback/critique, then you can write "[CALL ME]" and you can sort out that scenario in DM's (made mostly to deter nsfw.) WIPs are also of course allowed.

Are we meant to critique the art work in this thread or are we meant to link our review and put our critique in the review?

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

At 1/14/23 06:01 AM, TreasurePlanet wrote: I reallylike this idea! im just confused on this part -
At 1/14/23 05:12 AM, picolocity366 wrote: On the other hand, if you're looking to critique a certain drawing, then all you have to do is comment your review and include a out of 5 star rating to get your main thoughts on the drawing in question out there. If you want a particular piece of art of yours to be given feedback/critique, then you can write "[CALL ME]" and you can sort out that scenario in DM's (made mostly to deter nsfw.) WIPs are also of course allowed.
Are we meant to critique the art work in this thread or are we meant to link our review and put our critique in the review?

Preferably in the thread, though you can also link your review if it's personally more convenient for you.

BBS Signature

At 1/14/23 06:01 AM, TreasurePlanet wrote: I reallylike this idea! im just confused on this part -

The 1st option is the most preferable one, but 2nd option isn't off the table.

BBS Signature

Yo, could you critique the deawings below? I'd really appreciate it:

iu_871584_10067007.webp

iu_871585_10067007.webp

[CRITIQUE THESE]!

BBS Signature

At 1/18/23 11:48 PM, picolocity366 wrote:

[CRITIQUE THESE]!

sure!

thank you for asking!

First of all I like them! I think they have a lot of feeling behind them and i can tell what they all are.

My only critique is that SOME of the shapes are really hard to distinguish

For example: bottom left. I can tell its a figure, with a helmet (castle crasher) but his pose wasnt immediately apparent. This happens because theres not enough contrast in the details. so the details make more for confusing shapes. Like its hard to see what his hand is doing. Same issue with the top left. its hard to tell whats goin on in his cloak.

Your other images do not have this problem.

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

At 1/19/23 05:46 AM, TreasurePlanet wrote:
At 1/18/23 11:48 PM, picolocity366 wrote:

[CRITIQUE THESE]!
sure!
thank you for asking!
First of all I like them! I think they have a lot of feeling behind them and i can tell what they all are.
My only critique is that SOME of the shapes are really hard to distinguish

For example: bottom left. I can tell its a figure, with a helmet (castle crasher) but his pose wasnt immediately apparent. This happens because theres not enough contrast in the details. so the details make more for confusing shapes. Like its hard to see what his hand is doing. Same issue with the top left. its hard to tell whats goin on in his cloak.

Your other images do not have this problem.

Thanks man! I'll definitely try to make the posing more consistent in my future drawings thanks to your kind words!:)

BBS Signature

I tried to do an Extreme Dinosaur OC, but since I barely got any votes and zero feedback I dunno how well I did or how well she was received so...

[CALL ME]

PS: Don't mean to advertise, but I'm offering votes for votes; You vote on an artwork of mine that hasn't got 5 votes yet, and I'll return the favor.

At 1/19/23 11:37 PM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote: I tried to do an Extreme Dinosaur OC, but since I barely got any votes and zero feedback I dunno how well I did or how well she was received so...

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/iamnoonespecial1/female-extreme-dinosaur
[CALL ME]

PS: Don't mean to advertise, but I'm offering votes for votes; You vote on an artwork of mine that hasn't got 5 votes yet, and I'll return the favor.

I think the posing on the dinosaurs' legs could be exaggerated a bit more considering the more reserved main pose. The face is also a bit uncanny and doesn't fit the body the best. Other then that, though, I like the colors and simple shading! The line art is also well put together, if a little simple. Overall, I'd say it's worth 4 and a half stars. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, but there isn't really anything wholly outstanding about it either.

Thanks for calling the Critique Call Center! If you'd like to call again, press 1. If you would like for another piece to be critiqued, press 2...

BBS Signature

At 1/20/23 10:54 PM, picolocity366 wrote:
At 1/19/23 11:37 PM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote: I tried to do an Extreme Dinosaur OC, but since I barely got any votes and zero feedback I dunno how well I did or how well she was received so...

[CALL ME]

I think the posing on the dinosaurs' legs could be exaggerated a bit more considering the more reserved main pose. The face is also a bit uncanny and doesn't fit the body the best. Other then that, though, I like the colors and simple shading! The line art is also well put together, if a little simple. Overall, I'd say it's worth 4 and a half stars. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, but there isn't really anything wholly outstanding about it either.
Thanks for calling the Critique Call Center! If you'd like to call again, press 1. If you would like for another piece to be critiqued, press 2...

Thanks so much for the feedback! Sorry I didn't reply immediately...

So... what artwork of yours would you like me to review and leave a feedback on?

At 1/21/23 12:46 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:

[CALL ME]

So... what artwork of yours would you like me to review and leave a feedback on?

iu_873465_10067007.webp

This one if you can:)

BBS Signature

Here critique my shitty art

iu_873466_9861875.webpiu_873467_9861875.webpiu_873468_9861875.webp

iu_873469_9861875.webp

[Critique These]

At 1/21/23 12:53 AM, Flestor wrote: Here critique my shitty art

[Critique These]

1st one: Gotta say, I love the way this drawing is layered and presented. Even though it's a bit barren overall, the shading and presentation as a whole is just great. 4.5 stars.

2nd one: The second one is quite... odd. I do like the color choice here(even though the whites blend in with the background) but I find the anatomy to not be the best and the facial expressions to be unfitting and uncanny. It's not too bad, and I do like the way you modeled the hair, but overall it could use some work. 2.5 stars.

I'll critique the third one later lol

BBS Signature

At 1/21/23 12:47 AM, picolocity366 wrote:

[CALL ME]

No prob.; Would you prefer that I leave the critique in the feedback, or would you rather have the critique here?

At 1/21/23 01:15 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:

[CALL ME]

No prob.; Would you prefer that I leave the critique in the feedback, or would you rather have the critique here?

Here please:)

BBS Signature

Alright then...

The good parts/the things I like:

• I like the pose and the facial expression... they really give off a cool, silent, tough guy vibe.
  • I also like the composition, with the differently colored shadows.
  • For some reason I also like how the face reminds me of a moomin's.

The bad parts/the things I dislike:

• The background colors are the same intensity as the color of the character; they are kinda competing for the viewer's attention
  • The body proportions are off on several places... which wouldn't necessarily be an issue if only I could tell whether it was intentional or not. Which looking at the art-style I can't.

At 1/21/23 12:53 AM, Flestor wrote: Here critique my shitty art

[Critique These]

the bat one is def my favorite and the strongest out of the ones you offered. I think adding a background (even if just two color shapes like weve seen in @IamNoOneSpecial1 drawing they asked to critque)

Adding the right colors into the background would really help your character standout. Something trippy happens when one color is put next to another, it can change what the color is perceived as.

I think you have a lot of really exciting ideas and i find your art to be the opposite of boring!

Theres some anatomy problems with the feet (maybe thats why you didnt show the feet of the bat one)

but who doesnt have anatomy problems. I dont think it takes away from the drawing and was incorportated well into the rest of the drawing.

i think the most anyone can really say is to keep drawing and keep exploring subjects that interest you, while also having a main thing to practice. The main thing that i practice are drawing faces and hands from reference, becyase it keeps my hands busy and keeps me warmed up.

BBS Signature

I like this one! I think you have a good sense of 3d shapes. I can see that in the abdomen and the hips. the only critic i can offer is the usual (and thats adding more shading to some of the clothe because i cant really tell whats going on there so it makes that section of the drawing confusing and a little flat)

BBS Signature

[CRITIQUE THIS]

Please critique this artwork of mine; I was feeling rather proud of it but no one left a comment which I know to be a bad sign.

Oh! And please leave the critique in the feedbacks of the artwork please.

iu_876424_10067007.webp

{CRITIQUE THIS}

BBS Signature

At 1/23/23 10:47 PM, picolocity366 wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/picolocity366/the-fancy-gang
{CRITIQUE THIS}

Yo! I just left a critique in the feedbacks.

[Critique this]iu_876667_11364755.webp

AHHHHH!

BBS Signature

At 1/24/23 07:46 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:
At 1/23/23 10:47 PM, picolocity366 wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/picolocity366/the-fancy-gang
{CRITIQUE THIS}
Yo! I just left a critique in the feedbacks.

Thank you. It's thanks to comments like yours that I can get better at what I do the best.

BBS Signature

My latest flop... though I feel it deserves better:

[CRITIQUE THIS]

Please leave the critique in the feedback.

here is my new art-work

iu_878008_9861875.webp

its an art-trade i did with @SomeDoodles

[Critique This]

At 1/25/23 06:17 PM, Flestor wrote: here is my new art-work

its an art-trade i did with @SomeDoodles

[Critique This]

3/5

Love the rougher and horror-eqsue style it goes for, but I'm not the biggest fan of the mismatching anatomy and the background. I just find them too distracting.

BBS Signature

iu_899386_10067007.png

[CRITIQUE THIS]

Made this for @SnugBugNG's game Cutlery Crusader. I'd would like some suggestions for what I should draw in the white spaces as well as I'm at a loss for what should be there in the first place. Please keep in mind that it's set in a forest environment. Other tips for shading and proportions are also appreciated.

BBS Signature

Is this thread still alive?

At 3/17/23 08:01 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote: Is this thread still alive?

It can be

BBS Signature

[CALL ME]

BBS Signature