00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Doughboybr just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Critique Call Center: Want your art critiqued? Want to critique art? Look here!

3,404 Views | 109 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Thanks in advanceiu_927023_15999502.webp

[CRITIQUE THIS]

At 3/20/23 06:40 PM, R-creationworks wrote: Thanks in advance
[CRITIQUE THIS]

Design work is pretty interesting. Overall I like it despite the stuff that needs work. The wobbly lines don't really detract from the overall piece, though you could probably replace some of the small wrinkles and folds in clothes with fewer, more deliberate ones so that your silhouettes are more dynamic and less lumpy.

The big thing here is that you gotta use references, for hands and feet in particular. I know why only one out of 4 hands are visible here; it's because you don't feel comfortable drawing them. All the more reason to practice them, yeah?

Here's my latest artwork:

[CRITIQUE THIS]

I'm feeling pretty good about this one! Both with the coloring and background!

But of course it's always better to get a second opinion.

Please leave the critique in the comments, and tell me what artwork you'd like me to critique for you in return.

At 3/24/23 01:00 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote: Here's my latest artwork:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/iamnoonespecial1/cynder-ala-sonic-the-hedgehog
[CRITIQUE THIS]
Please leave the critique in the comments, and tell me what artwork you'd like me to critique for you in return.

Shoutout to picolocity366!

Thanks for reviewing my latest artwork!

Is there anything you'd like me to critique?

At 3/24/23 07:08 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/iamnoonespecial1/cynder-ala-sonic-the-hedgehog
[CRITIQUE THIS]

This please:)

Performer of all, completer of none

BBS Signature

At 3/24/23 07:55 AM, picolocity366 wrote:
[CRITIQUE THIS]
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/picolocity366/culinary-crusader
This please:

Shall I post my critique here or in the artwork's comments?

At 3/24/23 09:23 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:
[CRITIQUE THIS]
This please:
Shall I post my critique here or in the artwork's comments?

Your pick!

BBS Signature

[Critique This]

i was trying to find a good perspective upon drawing the pose and planning on drawing a wall filled with graffiti for background. i already know what to fix on the body. i just need to find out where to determine the wall and the ground iu_930265_8595296.webp

BBS Signature

[CRITIQUE THIS]
This please:)

Alright... first off: Sorry, I don't think this artwork here belongs to your better ones.

1. 1st thing that bothers me... the fire doesn't really look like fire. It doesn't look hot enough... with those autumn leaf oranges... 'should have used more reds and yellows.
  2. The knight and the fire don't stand out; they kinda look to be at the level of the background.
  3. There's not enough contrast between dark and light; or rather shadows and highlights. The shadows aren't dark enough.
  4. I'm a little confused with the knight's colors... why are some parts gray and the others orange? Is that because of the light from the fire? I think you better stick to one tone of color for this one.

Anyone down to critique this?

BBS Signature

At 3/24/23 04:20 PM, StevSteelEn wrote: [Critique This]
i was trying to find a good perspective upon drawing the pose and planning on drawing a wall filled with graffiti for background. i already know what to fix on the body. i just need to find out where to determine the wall and the ground

I love the angular style you went for in this piece! Everything is so stylized.

I'd say to put the wall directly behind the bunny girl and to put the main focus on the grafitti right where all the lines intersect. That will give a unique perspective that is aligned accordingly as well.

BBS Signature

At 3/27/23 11:56 PM, picolocity366 wrote:
At 3/24/23 04:20 PM, StevSteelEn wrote: [Critique This]
i was trying to find a good perspective upon drawing the pose and planning on drawing a wall filled with graffiti for background. i already know what to fix on the body. i just need to find out where to determine the wall and the ground
I love the angular style you went for in this piece! Everything is so stylized.
I'd say to put the wall directly behind the bunny girl and to put the main focus on the grafitti right where all the lines intersect. That will give a unique perspective that is aligned accordingly as well.

by the time i saw the notification, i was already finished :p but thanks for the feedback.

BBS Signature

[CRITIQUE THIS] (In the artwork's comments please)

[CRITIQUE THIS!]

is critiqing character design allowed here? and if its not. sorry

i kinda want to have my character designs critiqued to see if there is a way to improove them

and if you want to crituiqe the art itself. shure, i don't mind

Blomkatt ref sheet by Nebulate on Newgrounds

Meta ref sheet by Nebulate on Newgrounds

Elie IV ref sheet by Nebulate on Newgrounds

Pip the nerd by Nebulate on Newgrounds

also can anyone tell me how to add links with a thumbnail i guenenly have no idea how to do those

[PLEASE CRITIQUE THIS]

I felt really confident about this one here... like how I felt back with my Sonic the Hedgehog Cynder.

But no... this gal here failed to get any comment or even get 5 votes!

In fact... I had to "cheat" a little to get her votes up to 4 (I posted her on a thread for artworks with only 4 votes or less.)

I think I might have just posted her on a bad time but... well, I'd like a second opinion on that (and YES! Hopefully my last vote as well; there I admit it!)

I'm fully willing to return the favor; just let me know what you want me to critique on!

[CRITIQUE THIS]iu_944963_11364755.webp

That's one of the pieces I'm most proud of.

AHHHHH!

BBS Signature

At 4/10/23 02:32 PM, SomeDoodles wrote: [CRITIQUE THIS]

Would you like me to critique here or in the comments?

At 4/10/23 09:16 PM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:
At 4/10/23 02:32 PM, SomeDoodles wrote: [CRITIQUE THIS]
Would you like me to critique here or in the comments?

How you prefer.

AHHHHH!

BBS Signature

I designed an improved, more functional/realistic keyblade (you know... Kingdom Hearts, Sora's weapon)

I don't do weapons often sooo...

I'd like someone to comment on my work:

[CRITIQUE THIS!]

Thank you for the critiquing opportunity, IamNoOneSpecial1(!)

iu_948733_16335784.jpg

[CRITIQUE THIS!]

Drawing whatever Original Ideas i have on my mind! Most of the time, at least...

My Art Thread!

At 4/15/23 10:43 AM, NecroNovaNG wrote: Thank you for the critiquing opportunity, IamNoOneSpecial1(!)

[CRITIQUE THIS!]

Would you like me to post my critique here in this thread or would you prefer it to be in the comments of your artwork?

At 4/15/23 10:54 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:
At 4/15/23 10:43 AM, NecroNovaNG wrote: Thank you for the critiquing opportunity, IamNoOneSpecial1(!)

[CRITIQUE THIS!]
Would you like me to post my critique here in this thread or would you prefer it to be in the comments of your artwork?

Either way is fine honestly!

Drawing whatever Original Ideas i have on my mind! Most of the time, at least...

My Art Thread!

I put this on my twitter account about half an hour ago. What do you guys think? I really like how I did the background for alien hominid.

iu_948768_16572354.webp

There's always room for improvement, so critique away.

At 4/15/23 11:46 AM, lwpage wrote: I put this on my twitter account about half an hour ago. What do you guys think? I really like how I did the background for alien hominid.

First things first... what's with that big empty space below his feet? If there's nothing there you might as well crop it!

Second... this artwork comes off as very flat... and not in a good way. Some artworks look good in just flat colors but others NEED shading, even just a simple cel shade. THIS one here needs shadows!

Is that little guy holding a space pistol? Cuz it, sorry, looks to me like it is growing out of his head or something...

You definitely need to work on the shapes and forms of his arm and hand.

There's still other stuff but it's kinda too subtle for me right now to point out, so I'll leave that to someone else.

At 4/15/23 11:56 AM, IamNoOneSpecial1 wrote:
At 4/15/23 11:46 AM, lwpage wrote: I put this on my twitter account about half an hour ago. What do you guys think? I really like how I did the background for alien hominid.

First things first... what's with that big empty space below his feet? If there's nothing there you might as well crop it!
Second... this artwork comes off as very flat... and not in a good way. Some artworks look good in just flat colors but others NEED shading, even just a simple cel shade. THIS one here needs shadows!

Is that little guy holding a space pistol? Cuz it, sorry, looks to me like it is growing out of his head or something...
You definitely need to work on the shapes and forms of his arm and hand.

There's still other stuff but it's kinda too subtle for me right now to point out, so I'll leave that to someone else.

About the large white oval, my intention was to have a spotlight covering him like the FBI is on to him or you could imagine it as like the james bond 007 openings, but a black background might have obscured the eyes so I went with light gray.

Before I say anything else, I just have to say that the pose for the Alien does look awesome and bad ass. Apart from that, I also like the concept of your background- it feels akin to the opening of Goldeneye 007 on the N64. I also like the colors as simple as they are. Not everything needs shading, so I appreciate the flat color use.

The main problem I have with this piece is the lineart and overall composition. The alien's arms don't look quite right in comparisonto his body, for example. The composition is also weird. The Alien just standing in a blank pit of white and gray doesn't make much sense, you know? But your piece has undeniable charm and I appreciate that. Your piece is good and I like it a lot, but it should have went a little harder with the james bond influence if that was what you were going for. Maybe add some fbi agents at the sides if the piece or something, idk. Regardless i like this piece alot and you should be proud of what youve made. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

BBS Signature

At 4/15/23 12:37 PM, picolocity366 wrote:

Before I say anything else, I just have to say that the pose for the Alien does look awesome and bad ass. Apart from that, I also like the concept of your background- it feels akin to the opening of Goldeneye 007 on the N64. I also like the colors as simple as they are. Not everything needs shading, so I appreciate the flat color use.
The main problem I have with this piece is the lineart and overall composition. The alien's arms don't look quite right in comparisonto his body, for example. The composition is also weird. The Alien just standing in a blank pit of white and gray doesn't make much sense, you know? But your piece has undeniable charm and I appreciate that. Your piece is good and I like it a lot, but it should have went a little harder with the james bond influence if that was what you were going for. Maybe add some fbi agents at the sides if the piece or something, idk. Regardless i like this piece alot and you should be proud of what youve made. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Thanks man, I'm proud of it for one reason and it's because I pushed outside of my comfort zone. It started as nothing more than a drawing for practicing, based off another one I saw online and I added in the james bond stuff to it as my own spin. I really wanted to push the drawing further and go all the way with the james bond stuff or maybe add in some FBI stuff, but I wasn't at the time confident enough in my abilities and left it as in. I'll consider soon remaking it and pushing it even further.

iu_957846_10067007.webp

Critique this you knobs

BBS Signature

still trying to grasp how to use layer modes for my shading and lighting hh- also been using watercolor brush on my two recent illustrations here- need me some pointers

WIP of the redesign I'm doing with my oc, Ray.

Original:

iu_958209_10067007.webp

Redesign:

iu_958210_10067007.png

Critique is appreciated as always

BBS Signature