00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is there any country much more far behind than the US?

927 Views | 32 Replies

I saw this comment on a Tucker Carlson video recommended to me (thx youtube) and I wondering, is there any first world country that's even shittier than the US? I'm guessing China, but I have no idea of the culture over there.iu_862533_11179587.png

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

When it comes to the child support system no is a close answer.

Leaving the weight of the past behind, for the uncertain future.

Poem/Short story thread.

BBS Signature

technically china is second world by definition so that probably doesn't count

i offer england as a shittier option than america, especially once the tories privatize healthcare

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Japan

At 1/9/23 01:11 PM, 0315-1015 wrote: Japan

tbh not a bad pick either

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

As a woman, I would much prefer to live here than in many other countries...

Greece technically counts as a first-world nation, so in some indicators they're farther behind than the US. Well, they were. Not sure about now.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

At 1/9/23 07:22 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: As a woman, I would much prefer to live here than in many other countries...

The Netherlands have been really appealing to me lately. Better place to raise kids, no need for a car.

lel

BBS Signature

Depends on the issue in question I guess

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, so it's honestly kind of amusing how some people like to throw stones at glass houses when it comes to comparisons with America.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Idk Canada has a good share of issues at the moment

I can think of several countries that are in worse shape.

Brazil

Mexico

Cuba

Haiti

The list goes on.

At 1/9/23 09:23 AM, CyberRobotnix wrote: I saw this comment on a Tucker Carlson video recommended to me (thx youtube) and I wondering, is there any first world country that's even shittier than the US? I'm guessing China, but I have no idea of the culture over there.

The U.S. is such a badass country, so comfy to live in, that the most pressing complaints involve trivial subjects like how many genders there are and other social politics. This country is so free of problems, people rallied for a drug addict with heart issues who said he couldnt breathe. People literally look for reasons to hate the U.S. while living in it, while having never experienced countries outside of it, all because a tiktok told them so.

Having traveled alot, the U.S. has problems sure but godamn is it still better than most. Unfortunately, its social uniformity is collapsing thanks to radicalized ideas and the loss of individualism. When the sex robots hit, the population is fucked.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

At 1/9/23 07:37 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 1/9/23 07:22 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: As a woman, I would much prefer to live here than in many other countries...
The Netherlands have been really appealing to me lately. Better place to raise kids, no need for a car.

I've wanted to live there for a while, I might move there some day

Hello, I am LOL.

Ohio

The UK by faaaarrrrrr

Let me put it like this. Only in the UK is it legally mandated to respect the passing of a monarch for two weeks, even when the monarch is a sitting duck. Even in North Korea it's only three days when the Kims die. With that much respect demanded I'd ask for some cleanliness or progressiveness, but those aren't there, the same people who require you to call them sir (due to being knighted) would misgender you if you're vulnerable to that.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

Even China manages to do some stuff better than the states, but from what I understand Canada and Britain are both not too far behind us in terms of shittiness

the high roller is my favorite they/them lesbian

BBS Signature

At 1/15/23 01:05 AM, art-dude wrote: The UK by faaaarrrrrr

Let me put it like this. Only in the UK is it legally mandated to respect the passing of a monarch for two weeks, even when the monarch is a sitting duck. Even in North Korea it's only three days when the Kims die. With that much respect demanded I'd ask for some cleanliness or progressiveness, but those aren't there, the same people who require you to call them sir (due to being knighted) would misgender you if you're vulnerable to that.

I get that it helps with tourism and all that, but it's so strange that the brits put so much importance on a family of inbred racists, especially when they're nothing but glorified celebrities. Also, do people in the UK actually get triggered when you don't call a knighted person "sir"?

BBS Signature

At 1/14/23 09:39 PM, Cerbskies wrote:
At 1/9/23 09:23 AM, CyberRobotnix wrote: I saw this comment on a Tucker Carlson video recommended to me (thx youtube) and I wondering, is there any first world country that's even shittier than the US? I'm guessing China, but I have no idea of the culture over there.
The U.S. is such a badass country, so comfy to live in, that the most pressing complaints involve trivial subjects like how many genders there are and other social politics. This country is so free of problems, people rallied for a drug addict with heart issues who said he couldnt breathe. People literally look for reasons to hate the U.S. while living in it, while having never experienced countries outside of it, all because a tiktok told them so.

Having traveled alot, the U.S. has problems sure but godamn is it still better than most. Unfortunately, its social uniformity is collapsing thanks to radicalized ideas and the loss of individualism. When the sex robots hit, the population is fucked.

I mean aside from the corrupt cops, terrible prison system, lack of democracy, miserable job market, lack of workers' rights, miserable housing market, lack of tenants' rights, lack of education, lack of healthcare, constant fear of mass shootings, rampant racism, rampant homophobia, rampant transphobia, rampant sexism, rampant xenophobia, lack of social support systems, criminalization of the homeless, lack of livable wages, prominence of debt slavery, and the extreme challenge of escaping this country if you want a better life elsewhere, I guess America is pretty great.

I'm really happy to hear you've lived a charmed life so far, but many, many people in the country can't say the same.

BBS Signature

At 1/12/23 09:40 PM, LittleWashu wrote: I can think of several countries that are in worse shape.

Brazil
Mexico
Cuba
Haiti

The list goes on.

A lot of those are low bars to cross, though. Not exactly worth bragging about being better than

BBS Signature

At 1/15/23 01:38 AM, Scootakip wrote:

I get that it helps with tourism and all that, but it's so strange that the brits put so much importance on a family of inbred racists, especially when they're nothing but glorified celebrities. Also, do people in the UK actually get triggered when you don't call a knighted person "sir"?

It's not so much that the common people get triggered so much as the traditionalists enforce that to be respected. The demand to call knights sir is so high that when you're looking at a multi-national group of people talk about people like John Lennon or Patrick Stewart, it's an extremely accurate indicator of the difference between Brits and non-Brits.

I'm just one of those people still on the path of getting themselves out there in the world. If you're confused by my mug below you haven't read my profile. I point you to it.

BBS Signature

At 1/15/23 01:51 AM, art-dude wrote: It's not so much that the common people get triggered so much as the traditionalists enforce that to be respected. The demand to call knights sir is so high that when you're looking at a multi-national group of people talk about people like John Lennon or Patrick Stewart, it's an extremely accurate indicator of the difference between Brits and non-Brits.

As a Brit, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Particularly since you’re implying for the two examples you’ve given (JL or PS) that they’re handled similarly, except one has a knighthood and the other doesn’t.

BBS Signature

At 1/15/23 03:24 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 1/15/23 01:51 AM, art-dude wrote: It's not so much that the common people get triggered so much as the traditionalists enforce that to be respected. The demand to call knights sir is so high that when you're looking at a multi-national group of people talk about people like John Lennon or Patrick Stewart, it's an extremely accurate indicator of the difference between Brits and non-Brits.
As a Brit, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Particularly since you’re implying for the two examples you’ve given (JL or PS) that they’re handled similarly, except one has a knighthood and the other doesn’t.

I had trouble with examples since I wasn’t in a position to look any up (for the non-knighted celebrity I know it was on the royal bucket list that he would be one). What I’m referring to are the people who look down on not calling a knight by “sir”. I was trying to contrast that with the person’s idea that just any random person would look at you funny for it, but that it’s still like a societal “expectation”, in the same way as pronouns are for some commoners today (which is why I compared them and mentioned there’s a majority who see one as better).

BBS Signature

At 1/15/23 01:51 AM, art-dude wrote:

It's not so much that the common people get triggered so much as the traditionalists enforce that to be respected. The demand to call knights sir is so high that when you're looking at a multi-national group of people talk about people like John Lennon or Patrick Stewart, it's an extremely accurate indicator of the difference between Brits and non-Brits.

Americans are far more impressed by titles than the British lol

Lebanon, I really don't like talking about that place because I hate it this much

Goverment is seriously corrupt to the point that none of them is actually useful for the country at all, The people there are so retarded and ignorant they are one of the most saddest beings on this planet ever, They all act the same too, The econemey there is on the drain and never coming back, The country is controlled by a bunch of dumbasses and genuine terrorists. The gun laws are non existant, Its education system and job system is so formally complicated and uncalled for.

Genuine shit hole. Hopefully Il be able to leave once I am done with this school year. and start heading to college.

At 1/15/23 06:57 AM, 0315-1015 wrote:
At 1/15/23 01:51 AM, art-dude wrote:

Americans are far more impressed by titles than the British lol

I’ve always perceived the opposite. There are a lot of American celebrities who are knighted in the UK, and Americans are more casual about it, just referring to someone by their name, while if you were watching something like a video about a certain musician in the UK, there’s this sort of quiet pat on the back like “see, I called him sir”. Once in a while, they’ll have Patrick Stewart in the International Rescue Committe commercials and this always eventually comes up in the comments section.

BBS Signature

At 1/15/23 01:44 AM, Scootakip wrote:

I mean aside from the corrupt cops, terrible prison system, lack of democracy, miserable job market, lack of workers' rights, miserable housing market, lack of tenants' rights, lack of education, lack of healthcare, constant fear of mass shootings, rampant racism, rampant homophobia, rampant transphobia, rampant sexism, rampant xenophobia, lack of social support systems, criminalization of the homeless, lack of livable wages, prominence of debt slavery, and the extreme challenge of escaping this country if you want a better life elsewhere, I guess America is pretty great.
I'm really happy to hear you've lived a charmed life so far, but many, many people in the country can't say the same.

I mean cops are corrupt everywhere until you call them to save your ass from a burglary in progress. Met alot of nice ones. In fact, they're too nice. A lot of kids need some fear in them to set there asses straight. You want corrupt cops? Thats mexico. Those fuckers are basically a criminal empire in itself.

Prison system is shit but atleast you get 3 meals and a shower. Never get stuck in mexicos prisons man, bad time.

Healthcare a plenty. In california its free. Other states too probably. Bout 100 a month give or take in other states ive been in which is about an uber drivers day of work. $300 for premium where im at.

Job market depends on the season. Found a gig within a month each time ive moved though. No idea where this notion is coming from. Shit even mcdonalds is constantly hiring. Most of it comes from people bitching that they dont wanna work a minimum wage job so theyll throw their hands up and act like no ones hiring.

Housing market is definitely shit but it can be done with a decent job. Alot of it comes from people feeling theyre owed a house when they work minimum wage and lack any skill set. Depends on the state.

Lack of tenants rights? The fuck more would you want? Not being able to pay rent is your responsibility. Trying owning an apartment complex and see just how fucked you are as an owner trying to make a profit.

Lack of education? About what? Lots of kids graduating and making something of themselves. Im sorry you didnt make it.

Rest of the shit you wrote sounds like tiktok buzzwords.

Im glad I live a charmed life too cause I worked for it. Feels good man. When you grow up and get some years on you, you will find it aint so bad.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

At 1/16/23 03:19 AM, Cerbskies wrote:
At 1/15/23 01:44 AM, Scootakip wrote:

Lack of education? About what? Lots of kids graduating and making something of themselves. Im sorry you didnt make it.

Alright, alright I'll give you a real rebuttal.

The issue is that the American education system is both politicised and underpaid, so you learn nothing and stay stupid. Same deal with American colleges and Universities you learn nothing and stay stupid, you are just slightly above average because they taught you how to do trigonometry and algebra, but that's it.

It really doesn't matter that they graduated or not because if you graduate at a school where the standard is lower than average then you will know less than if you graduated at a prestigious school. Also if you graduate at a school for the handicapped then you still graduated at a school for the handicapped, yeah sure you did it, but that means you learned less than at a normal school. The american schools all have this problem where they're significantly worse than any other school in Europe.

The guy you replied to gave you already a small example of the problem over there, the more progressive the school, the less you learn from actual important topics, instead you're taught that there are infinite genders and that half the 'muricans are Nazis or some shite like this. This does nothing in educating people, this is just dumb.

Then there's the leftists who are unhappy about the education system because they also think you learn nothing. Do you learn about slavery in American schools? No? I learned about it when I was 14 where I live. Do you learn about the Stonewall Riots? No? You may not learn about history, but atleast you learn that pissgender is a real and very valid gender.

The current education over there is both Liberal and incompetent basically. Yeah sure it's prolly better than Mexico since that place is a third world country, but it's worse than the global average for political and non-political reasons.

Ok boomer.

BBS Signature

At 1/16/23 03:19 AM, Cerbskies wrote: I mean cops are corrupt everywhere until you call them to save your ass from a burglary in progress. Met alot of nice ones. In fact, they're too nice. A lot of kids need some fear in them to set there asses straight. You want corrupt cops? Thats mexico. Those fuckers are basically a criminal empire in itself.

Prison system is shit but atleast you get 3 meals and a shower. Never get stuck in mexicos prisons man, bad time.

These two points are effectively “At least we’re not Mexico.

which is a third world country, rather than a first world country as stated in the opening post.

Lack of tenants rights? The fuck more would you want? Not being able to pay rent is your responsibility. Trying owning an apartment complex and see just how fucked you are as an owner trying to make a profit.

Rights to ensure the place you’re living is safe and inhabitable, and conforms to the agreed tenancy agreement - rights that should be granted upon paying the rent.

There’s a graph on this report that shows how many first world countries outperform the US at STEM. I will happily point out that the UK can be better compared to other European countries. Canada ranks high.

Rest of the shit you wrote sounds like tiktok buzzwords.
Im glad I live a charmed life too cause I worked for it. Feels good man. When you grow up and get some years on you, you will find it aint so bad.

I don’t think these arguments have earned you the right to be snobbish to @Scootakip.

BBS Signature