00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kangeroodude just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit

6,850 Views | 258 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-09-24 00:35:38

At 9/24/23 12:32 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote:
At 9/24/23 12:27 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: I SWEAR I"M STILL WORKING ON THIS ANIMATION AND HERE"S PROOF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I WILL FIND A WAY TO FINSIH IT EVEN IF IT TAKES ME 2 YEARS (please don't take 2 years)
Oh my lord that is one crunchy screenshot thanks laptop

I wish there was a hug react face to send you. Animation is a pain, but you’ll get there. I’ve taken a long time on animations before as well, I understand.

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-09-24 00:39:18

At 9/24/23 12:35 AM, Thetageist wrote:
At 9/24/23 12:32 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote:
At 9/24/23 12:27 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: I SWEAR I"M STILL WORKING ON THIS ANIMATION AND HERE"S PROOF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I WILL FIND A WAY TO FINSIH IT EVEN IF IT TAKES ME 2 YEARS (please don't take 2 years)
Oh my lord that is one crunchy screenshot thanks laptop
I wish there was a hug react face to send you. Animation is a pain, but you’ll get there. I’ve taken a long time on animations before as well, I understand.

Thanks for the kind words, dude. And yeah I knew beforehand that I was gonna spend quite a while with this piece. But I’m genuinely having fun trying this medium out.

My main issue is that I’m very forgetful and will most times forget to finish a piece which happens a lot so I’m trying my best to not do the same here

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-09-24 04:05:33

Took a small break from animating to make a small shiver doodle for a friend's drawbox thing

iu_1085338_11412191.png

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-09-26 03:49:44

Working on some shiver art as a small treat this is the only thing keeping me sane right now.

On a more serious note I’m gonna try to make this piece more dynamic and try something different with the colors

Also don’t worry I’m still working on the Hylics animation I’m doing this alongside Wayne’s fucking melted ass

iu_1086970_11412191.png

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-09-28 01:44:27

Small update on Wayne working on the colors for this frame

iu_1088086_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-09-29 04:27:29

Working on some Original art making stuff better for my portfolio when I apply to some colleges pretty soon.

iu_1088684_11412191.png

I swear to god the universe does not want me to finish my animation. Welp the cable for my tablet isn’t working so I order some today and it should come in by Thursday.

That should fix my tablet (hopefully). It’s been acting real wonky these last few months and it’s really hard to plug in the cable itself so hopefully this will fix the issue. And, if not then I’m totally screwed cause I annit in the mood to buy another whole ass tablet.

Anyways here’s a small Shiv doodle to keep myself sane. Been an while doing Traditional art and it was actually kinda nice to draw something simple.

iu_1091370_11412191.png

Also I think I finally figured how I want to draw shiver which is great cause I do have more animation ideas and welp let’s just say I’m in the mood to animate some marine biology. (I just want to do silly Splatoon shit nothing more)

BUT THATS IF MY TABLET STARTS WORKING NOW!!

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-05 23:53:00

SOOOOOOOOOO..... funny story I got the cable today and it's working great. However I'm sick now cause my sisters gave me a bug/virus from school and holy shit I'm so out of it. I swear everytime I make decent progress for the hylics animation SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENS

I must have angred the animation gods or something. But hey here's a shitty doodle I did right now to celbrate my tablet working this is all my poor brain can muster right nowiu_1093012_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-10 16:55:44

finally working on this again cleaning up the sketch, adding some crosshatching, and fixing up the lineweight and anatomy. Afterwards I'll try to add in some interesting background elements so that it doesn't feel too empty

iu_1095563_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-11 17:17:28

Working on colors! Hopefully this wip looks decent on phones with the colors

iu_1096037_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-13 01:48:31

Pretty much done with this, probably not gonna make this into a full post here. Not too happy with it, I really need to study up on colors and figure out an rendering style that I like. Cause I'm at that point where I like my lineart but I feel that my ability on coloring and rendering are really holding me back now.

iu_1096576_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-13 13:34:30

At 10/13/23 01:48 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: Pretty much done with this, probably not gonna make this into a full post here. Not too happy with it, I really need to study up on colors and figure out an rendering style that I like. Cause I'm at that point where I like my lineart but I feel that my ability on coloring and rendering are really holding me back now.

Oh wow that looks super blurry ok hopefully this looks better

iu_1096750_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-14 04:14:26

Working on some Splatoween art with bigman

iu_1097120_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-16 02:27:40

Pretty much done with lineart time for colors

iu_1098255_11412191.webp

Yeehaw

iu_1098671_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-16 23:33:06

At 10/16/23 10:20 PM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: Yeehaw

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/eldritchsaxes/bigman-splatoween

Ya did it!

BBS Signature

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-18 02:11:40

Got the ok from my client to post the current wip now. But yeah got an comm from insta and it’s the Lich from Adventure time in my style. I’m honestly having so much fun with this because I love drawing skeletons

iu_1099151_11412191.png

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-19 01:57:53

Last WIP update for the lich on this thread. Gonna finish up this bad boy now

iu_1099596_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-19 21:46:52

At 10/19/23 08:43 PM, GJMARS wrote:
At 10/19/23 01:57 AM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: Last WIP update for the lich on this thread. Gonna finish up this bad boy now
Dude please make more adventure time fan art there’s something about your style that really fits the AT style

Thank you so much!!! I’ve been having a lot of fun with this commission and it made me realize I want to make more AT art. I actually plan to rewatch the entire series pretty soon. So yes, there will definitely be more AT art in the future! Thank you again!

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-21 16:36:21

Got the Comm done. I kinda like it

iu_1100950_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-21 16:45:26

At 10/21/23 04:36 PM, Eldritchsaxes wrote: Got the Comm done. I kinda like it

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/eldritchsaxes/lich-comm

You keep getting better! You've gotten really good at black shading like in comic books.

In fact I'm gonna bring in @PerKGrok to also take a look at this because it's cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-21 16:59:26

At 10/21/23 04:45 PM, Thetageist wrote:

You keep getting better! You've gotten really good at black shading like in comic books.

In fact I'm gonna bring in @PerKGrok to also take a look at this because it's cool.

Oh my goodness thank you so much! I’m really glad to see that I’m improving, also it makes me happy that you mentioned the similarities between my art and comic books. I’ve been thinking of doing comics and your comment definitely is making me consider it

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-22 04:34:55

At 10/21/23 04:59 PM, Eldritchsaxes wrote:

Oh my goodness thank you so much! I’m really glad to see that I’m improving, also it makes me happy that you mentioned the similarities between my art and comic books. I’ve been thinking of doing comics and your comment definitely is making me consider it

Being summoned here, from the dusty under-earth archives I dwell in, by Theta using the magical word comics, I will offer a couple of unsolicited opinions.

Overall I really like your depiction of a lich-king. I could see this an Dungeons & Dragons illustration.

I might want a bit more fine lines to complement the heavy shadows if you are thinking of doing comics.

For comics I could see you doing stuff in the Milton Caniff school of semi-realistic comic book art. My favorite artist in that way of making comic book art was Frank Robbins. He wrote and drew the strip Johnny Hazard for many years, and later worked for both DC and Marvel as writer and/or artist. He drew superheroes in what definitely was not either of the House Styles. Another artist sort of in this school (but with a lot of personal twist too it) would be Mike Mignola (Hellboy). Before Hellboy, Mignola made, among other stuff, a series of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser books, inked by Al Williamson. Williamson was strongly in the Alex Raymond school. The mix of styles in the Fafrad/Gray Mouser books was really interesting.

Besides the art itself, it is also a question of how they told their stories. To me Comics are all about story-telling.

Great art can not compensate for bad storytelling, while great story-telling can compensate for a lot of less perfect art (but there is i a limit to that as well).

If you are going to the roots of American comic book semi realism, you also should include Hal Forster (Prince Valiant).

I hope these examples can be an inspiration for you in going into making comics. And use them only as inspiration. Don't try to be a clone of anyone else. Do your thing.

See my profile page for link to showroom

BBS Signature

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-22 04:40:05

At 10/22/23 04:34 AM, PerKGrok wrote:
At 10/21/23 04:59 PM, Eldritchsaxes wrote:

Being summoned here, from the dusty under-earth archives I dwell in, by Theta using the magical word comics, I will offer a couple of unsolicited opinions.

Overall I really like your depiction of a lich-king. I could see this an Dungeons & Dragons illustration.
I might want a bit more fine lines to complement the heavy shadows if you are thinking of doing comics.

For comics I could see you doing stuff in the Milton Caniff school of semi-realistic comic book art. My favorite artist in that way of making comic book art was Frank Robbins. He wrote and drew the strip Johnny Hazard for many years, and later worked for both DC and Marvel as writer and/or artist. He drew superheroes in what definitely was not either of the House Styles. Another artist sort of in this school (but with a lot of personal twist too it) would be Mike Mignola (Hellboy). Before Hellboy, Mignola made, among other stuff, a series of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser books, inked by Al Williamson. Williamson was strongly in the Alex Raymond school. The mix of styles in the Fafrad/Gray Mouser books was really interesting.

Besides the art itself, it is also a question of how they told their stories. To me Comics are all about story-telling.
Great art can not compensate for bad storytelling, while great story-telling can compensate for a lot of less perfect art (but there is i a limit to that as well).

If you are going to the roots of American comic book semi realism, you also should include Hal Forster (Prince Valiant).

I hope these examples can be an inspiration for you in going into making comics. And use them only as inspiration. Don't try to be a clone of anyone else. Do your thing.

YOOO!! Thank you so much for the advice!! And yeah I definitely agree that making an good story is very important. Before I do start making comics I’m gonna try to get better at writing since I already have a few ideas, but I really need to actually make a decent set up. But oh my goodness again thank you so much! I really do appreciate your comment in this thread

Silly and stupid doodles of the funny circus show

iu_1101897_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-10-27 16:30:58

Did some pixel art for this wonderful collab here’s the post showing everybody’s amazing work.

I did 3 small pieces as I was still sick during the time but here they are. I was really inspired by old Internet horror

We got Uboa from Yume Nikki was actually really scared of him and he always spooked me

iu_1104168_11412191.png

2nd is White face from IMSCARED Not much to say here. But I feel that he was pretty prominent with the indie horror I want to say around the 2010’s. So I thought it was important to add him in.

iu_1104167_11412191.png

And the last piece is a lil mix up. I was really inspired by Limbo from sesame Street and my own fear of being watched at night. And this lovely creature just spawned out of existence

iu_1104169_11412191.jpg

But yeah I’ve been having an total blast with pixel art. Especially with 1Bit stuff I can’t wait to see what else I can do in this medium

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-11-01 18:58:31

As I'm sure you guys know. I was apart of the creature collab for this year, and I made an fungi creature called Gnorp. The piece itself is a few months old and yeah it's pretty baren but I still had some fun designing them.

Here's the link to the collab. Check it out!

iu_1107283_11412191.webp

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-11-03 03:03:24

RAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You guys have no idea how stoked I am right now!!!!

I created 2 tiles for the NG Hex collab and the collab looks so damm good!

As you guys know I don't post that much pixel art here but I'm so happy with my work I've done for the collab. I feel like I'm getting better and better with my pixel art!

Anyways here's the tiles I've done

iu_1107940_11412191.png

iu_1107941_11412191.png

Response to Eldritchsaxes dumbass art shit 2023-11-07 02:04:48

Hellboy sketch to get myself back into the groove

iu_1110018_11412191.webp