00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ekdynasty115 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Officers Mess

24,892 Views | 630 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:05:40

At 8/7/04 12:00 PM, LockLock wrote: a question:
if the new club is a succes than will have a forum site
right? may i be a mod than??? (just a question)

Lets first get this club up and running first. Which name do you think I show try out then ( names are listed on page 8)

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:07:52

At 8/7/04 12:05 PM, Chefcoop wrote:
At 8/7/04 12:00 PM, LockLock wrote: a question:
if the new club is a succes than will have a forum site
right? may i be a mod than??? (just a question)
Lets first get this club up and running first. Which name do you think I show try out then ( names are listed on page 8)

i like the name : The Strike force

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:09:13

At 8/7/04 12:06 PM, fbipolux wrote: Yep, me too, as provost I ask to be mod or Administrator on the Private Forum. I have helped a lot on this forum and I think I'm can co-lead this topic.

But one thing... By keeping the "only Officers" way, you are more similar to the NgArmy. I suggest to change all the ranking system (for the second time).

Change the rank systum. Show me what the latest idea is. If we pick a name I will try it out and see if it getts locked.

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:11:33

how about this.

everyone starts off as a soldier with there rank determined by the voting power but there only allowed to keep lower ranks in line.
To become an officer they must pass a trial like get x blam/saves/reviews in one day and then get 2 officers to agree that they have passed. Then they become officers with a different rank but still dependent on there vp to start with and are then allowed to give orders to soldiers and have more control over the forum. Also officers of higher ranking can give lower ranks a promotion if the see fit, but two would have to agree

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:13:17

there are alot of options
whe must pick one

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:19:18

At 8/7/04 12:16 PM, fbipolux wrote: We must stop looking at the voting power and at the Level, or at the posts. We must be different of the Newgrounds Army!

thats a good point

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:19:28

then exactly what else will determine there rank? i certainly cant think of anythin else to do with ng that could be used to determine a rank

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:20:10

At 8/7/04 12:11 PM, robowing wrote: To become an officer they must pass a trial like get x blam/saves/reviews in one day and then get 2 officers to agree that they have passed. Then they become officers with a different rank but still dependent on there vp to start with and are then allowed to give orders to soldiers and have more control over the forum. Also officers of higher ranking can give lower ranks a promotion if the see fit, but two would have to agree

I think the best way to do it would be to have a set group of officers ( the one that are posting alot here) When new members arrive they start of as a private and the officers will promote them from there depending on what they do. When they reach the top NCO rank they stay there until the officers agree that they are ready to be made a officer, or the other way they work there way up through the rank by how high the V/P is until they reach the top NCO rank then the officers promote them. I don't like promoting ranks up by officers because then people loose track of who is what rank.
You know this is starting to get like the NG Army a bit.

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:29:13

I just cracked it. I can't believe it its so simple.There will be one person at the top, below him six commanding officers, each commanding a regiment. Below then are some low ranking officers, then NCO's and Soldiers of each regiment. The commanding officers can promote memebers in their regiment as they see fit up to officer ranks. When they want to promote a officer the person at the top has to confirm it. Also the commanding officers can be only promtoted by the person at the top, depending on how their regiment and they are doing. The way that this would work is that each memeber must carry their rank somewhere on their sig, so that everyone can see.
Well what do you think?

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:31:11

i like this idea!!

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:37:34

At 8/7/04 12:29 PM, fbipolux wrote: I would like to be one of the highest ranked officers, I think I'm doing a good job here.

So when we will have all planned, this will be really cool if we were doing different of the Army.

The commanding officers we be the picked from what happens here. At the moment the Commanding Officers picked are fbipolux, robowing, Dezkiller, Hell_Toupee, and LockLock. This leaves one commander left to pick. I will take the top commander. This is more like the really army. It not what you have done before it what you do in the club that counts. This could work, this will work. THIS IS NOT LIKE THE NG ARMY!!

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:38:21

yea good good !!!

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:43:23

so now whe can set up the crew?

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:47:49

yeah but, with that set, theres still the question of the name and the outside forum which wont be a big problem

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:53:09

At 8/7/04 09:56 AM, Chefcoop wrote: yep I think it was Jonthomson who destoryed it. Also hes a NG Army member and he most likely believed it to be a rip off of that.

You really shouldn't have made another club like that, you even knew it was going to get locked, it reflects poorly on everybody in the NGA and in here. Also, JonThomson WAS an army memeber, he was likey discharged for lack of posting. I haven't seen him post since I joined so discharge is very likely.

At 8/7/04 10:28 AM, fbipolux wrote: Jonthompson dont like us, it seems... Lets retry again later I guess... This is sad. We need to find another name...

Its not that he doesn't like you guys. Hes just doing his job of moding a forum filled with idiot n00bs. You shouldn't retry cause it that happens is likely you'll get a ban for recreating a locked/deleted club. Thats a bannable offence and the thread would be locked or deleted.

At 8/7/04 11:03 AM, Stampede38 wrote: Whaddaya say?

Thats the best idea anybody came up with in here. It won't look bad for everybody trying again and again and again to get their way.

At 8/7/04 11:19 AM, Chefcoop wrote: The problem is this crew is get all mixed up, we need to get rid of what has gone before we need something that is so shit hot that nothing can stop it. This of course will never happen, but we need something that will produce shit loads of members.

Why do you need to make a new thread and ignore the start of this one? That just doesn't make sense to me at all. If anybody who wants to join this thread trys to join they'll look at the last few pages and see whats its all about now. If your worried about the name of the thread, thats pretty damn dumb, thread names ususally have little or no impact on who joins what.

The problem with creating a new force is that the NG Army will get it closed down.

We don't go around wining about people who make an NG Army rip off. Usually we just go post in there telling them that it has been done before and has failed. Then we wait for it to fail.

The problem about this crew is we seem to be going round in circles. We NEED a new crew to get things sorted.

We are only goign around in circles because people here insist on making a new thread instead of using a perfectly good one.

SO WHAT CAN WE DO?

Nothing, just use this thread. Its really not that big of a deal.

At 8/7/04 12:02 PM, robowing wrote: yeah, i would like to be a mod too

You can't just make anybody a mod. There needs to be a FEW responsible people modding the fourm and even less admins about but there needs to be more than one. There are too many times when people have abused thier power cause they were mad at the group and then tried to screw them over. People who have modded before and people who have been around for a long time are good picks.

Also the idea of an outside forum is bad news for a crew this small still. People will be torn between which place to post. Just use this until BBS until it gets much much bigger.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 12:58:04

QuikFox makes some good points, most people do look at the last page and the first for that matter, lets keep NG Officers Mess
and open up the outside forum under that name and then we can get the ngarmy rejects (in the politest way possible i say rejects)
and get this club goin

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:04:42

At 8/7/04 12:58 PM, robowing wrote: and open up the outside forum under that name and then we can get the ngarmy rejects (in the politest way possible i say rejects)
and get this club goin

I guess you missed part of my post. I am against an outside forum. It would stop this thread from growing as fast. As long as this is on the 1st page and has a decent amount of pages people will join. Just keeping it all on NG would be the best thing for you guys.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:05:51

At 8/7/04 12:40 PM, fbipolux wrote: This is the best idea we had since the Topic have started. I guess that ChefCoop must be the Highest ranked guy in the Officer Mess. The 6 provosts will be the Division Commanders and we will take car of one of the 6 branch of the Club. This way, we differ from the army and we got our style.

I'm cutting the number of regiments down to five. The commanding officers are,
Hell_Toupee, Dezkiller, fbipolux, LockLock and robowing.

If each of the Commanding Officers will go to

this and pick a regiment badge. Don't pick one that everyone nows like the SAS. Once you have picked one posted it here.

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:08:35

At 8/7/04 01:05 PM, Chefcoop wrote: I'm cutting the number of regiments down to five. The commanding officers are,
Hell_Toupee, Dezkiller, fbipolux, LockLock and robowing.

Haha, I just find it funny that I'm not a commanding officer. I've got a few reasons why but I think I'll juet keep my peace and see how far this goes before something happens.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:09:24

I still think that we should try one last time at starting a new crew, before giving up. When the commanding officers have picked there regiments badge I will give it a go.

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:12:04

At 8/7/04 01:08 PM, QuikFox wrote: Haha, I just find it funny that I'm not a commanding officer. I've got a few reasons why but I think I'll juet keep my peace and see how far this goes before something happens.

I'm willing to make you a commanding officer, if you help us try and set up a new crew.

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:13:38

At 8/7/04 01:09 PM, Chefcoop wrote: I still think that we should try one last time at starting a new crew

You know if you keep doing this your either going to get a very severe ban or in once case that I remember your account deleted. Why wouldn't be best to just use this thread. I see Hell_Toupe, not his name anymore, said this also. Its gotta mean somethign when 2 users who have been here for a while say something like that.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:23:42

At 8/7/04 01:12 PM, Chefcoop wrote: I'm willing to make you a commanding officer, if you help us try and set up a new crew.

No, I'm not going to take part in any creation of a new thread for a group like what your planning. Especially after it was locked/deleted the first time. You think "commanding officers" would know better then to try again.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:24:07

At 8/7/04 01:13 PM, QuikFox wrote:
At 8/7/04 01:09 PM, Chefcoop wrote: I still think that we should try one last time at starting a new crew
You know if you keep doing this your either going to get a very severe ban or in once case that I remember your account deleted.

OK! Fine! this is the first post of the NG Guards. I'm the top commanding officer here, There six regiment commanders have been posted. Each Regiment will have its own badge with the Commanding officers will post soon. The Commanding officers will acted like internal mods.
When you join you start as a private, the Commanding officer of you regiment will promote went they see fit. If they wish to make you an officer I will confirm it.
The rank lay out is a follows.

Private
Lance Corporal
Corporal
Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Company Sergeant Major
Regimental Sergeant Major
2nd Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Captain
Major
Lieutenant Colonel ( where all regiment Commanders start)
Colonel
Brigadier
Major General
Lieutenant General
General
Feild Marshal ( Chefcoop)

If you have join the officers mess and wish to care on with this please lets us know.

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:40:06

with you all the way chefcoop its good that you have put your foot down, whats done is done

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:50:14

so what about now?

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 13:57:01

At 8/7/04 01:50 PM, LockLock wrote: so what about now?

Now if the regiment commaders sort out their regiments name and badge will can start recuiting again.
The commanders are,
Dezkiller, LockLock, fbipolux, QuikFox, robowing, and Hell_Toupee or what ever he has changed his name to.

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 14:01:40

ok, wel this is my badge:

NG Officers Mess

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 14:06:10

i think this will be mine, as robowing it has to relate to the air

NG Officers Mess

Response to NG Officers Mess 2004-08-07 14:19:24

i have set up a forum if people want to use it, if chefcoop and the Commanding officers go there i will try and set up each of you with admin acsesshttp://www.myfreebulletinboard...um=ngofficersmesst&act=idx
its totaly free and if we use it we use it, if we don't, then we don't.