00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ItsJaron just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Custom Profile Picture Shapes!

81,005 Views | 666 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 19:18:20

you da man tom i always wanted to be a mousepad

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 19:22:14

Neato!

BBS Signature

At 4/4/22 11:41 AM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Dang you delivered new features like you promised. So there will be no borders than..

Oh okay, I figured this out, I just disable the visibility option for the supporter. Well I'm mixed about it, but the borders will do for now. (Until I can get a better profile picture). Thanks @gimmick!

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 19:32:55

this is really cool thank you

its time of the year

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 19:36:37

At 4/4/22 04:14 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/22 03:44 PM, TecNoir wrote: Does that mean you have ideas for future supporter perks? Can you tell us some?
The user page update coming later this week will include a Supporter-only option to highlight suggested tags above your gallery. That was originally gonna be an everyone feature but has become part of our effort to increase the Supporter count.

So would the banner itself would only provide one link? Well I'm up for it, even it is a supporter-feature only.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 19:56:39

Its the little things that Tom does that shows he really cares.

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

So where are our dick shaped profile pictures?

But for real this is an awesome feature for the supporters.

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 20:04:56

At 4/4/22 11:50 AM, Luis wrote: shapes are nice but what about animated gif profile pics. i need to express myself!

Also first post

Luis go back

death

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 20:10:03

Very cool.

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 20:22:36

At 4/4/22 06:22 PM, EscapistProductions wrote: That's actually legitimately cool, now if only I had the money.

Yeah, it all comes down to money at the end.

(Oh well, I'll just have to do with my hexagonal icon that now looks like a fake hexagonal border lmao)

good luck with that.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 20:23:02

iu_595951_9638493.png

"I am a supah star warrior!"

(Thank you whoever gifted me supporter status!)

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!) [Sig art by @soundskies]

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 20:26:18

At 4/4/22 05:34 PM, EchoTense01 wrote: Forgot to mention, if your supporter trial expires, does it stay there or turn back to circle normally?

He's already mentioned that the border will only stay during your time as a supporter, meaning it would be gone if it expires.

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 20:36:44

It's a cute new feature, but I'm happy with Tiny Critter sitting in a circle. Makes it look like it's floating in a bubble!

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 21:22:25

Supporting Newgrounds is the best thing ever. Without this site, I would never have started making music. I haven't succeeded yet, but this site has definitely changed my life. Long live NG!

These seems to be some bugs with it. After changing the shape a couple times my icon just dissapears.

EDIT: Wait never mind, just needed time to load.

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 21:27:09

yay

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 21:38:18

Using an April Fool's prank as an opportunity to make an actually really cool and fun feature is what makes Newgrounds such a great website.

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 21:54:46

At 4/4/22 09:38 PM, metalsonic655 wrote: Using an April Fool's prank as an opportunity to make an actually really cool and fun feature is what makes Newgrounds such a great website.

Even though it made me very dissapointed cuz I hate NFTs.

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 21:55:27

same energy

iu_596001_7978214.webp

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 22:10:09

At 4/4/22 11:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: We just launched a new Supporter perk: Custom profile borders!

Tired of feeling like a square peg in a round hole? Now you can be a square peg in a pentagon, hexagon, octagon, square, rhombus, heart or star hole, among others! You'll also get a color border based on the link color you've chosen on your user page.

To try this feature, become a Supporter and click Edit Profile on your profile page. To the right of your profile picture you’ll see a button for "Icon Options.” This will open up the tool to re-crop your picture and choose from a variety of shapes.

This feature came to us during development of our April Fools prank: Dankmen NFTs. @PsychoGoldfish had to update a lot of pages to support pentagon-shaped profile pictures and we thought it would be best to build something that works as a lasting feature.

Thank you everyone who has been supporting NG! 

When you support Newgrounds, you’re keeping one of the last big independent websites on-line. You’re preserving over 25 years of content, a lot of which only exists on NG. You’re funding ongoing development and new features, to keep the site evolving and functioning. Every day there is cool new stuff to see on NG and lots of history to explore. It hasn’t been easy to keep this going and we greatly appreciate all the support we can get!

If you can’t support Newgrounds financially, you can still help out a lot by voting and reviewing! With everything going on this past weekend, I hadn’t noticed how backed up the Under Judgment list had gotten for games and movies. Voting on under judgment entries helps immensely to make sure everything gets seen.

Hope everyone enjoys the update! We have another update coming to user pages this week, if all goes as planned.

Other News

If you made a web game for Ludum Dare 50, we’ll be featuring a bunch of those this week and archiving entries in our Ludum Dare 50 Collection.

The MessyPaints April theme is Catwoman! You have until May 1st to paint (digital or traditional Catwoman, lit from the side. Read that post for more details, this event is open to everyone.

Voice Acting Contest #14 Round 1 is in progress!

Musicians, check out the upcoming Audio Tag Team and Art Inspired Music events!

Our Flash Jam deadline is April 20th. If you want to make something with Flash, you still have time! Over $3,600 in prizes.

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are almost $2k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

If you miss the Dankmen site skin, @Potatoman has posted it in the Art Portal!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/april-fools-2022-dankmen-site-skin

I am a pentagon but my arm is out da pentagon

no

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 23:04:39

At 4/4/22 12:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/22 11:58 AM, Gimmick wrote: I can't edit mine when I click on "Icon Options", does anyone else have this issue?

On my profile page my icon is different from my pfp though so is that why?
If you have a different large icon vs your small icon, it means you never updated your profile picture under the modern system. You'll likely need to upload a new profile picture before the tools become available to set your shape.

Aw man, I wont be able to keep my 10 year old different profile and icon pictures if I use this, so I guess I wont be displaying a heart or other wacky shapes around my icon, I do love the profile color on my icon outline though, everyone is looking super wild, fun!

Also, is there a reason, like storage or something like that, for user not being able to have different icon and profile pictures? I Or is it a choice? Never understood why that went away. Maybe thaaat could be a supporter perk?

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 23:12:24

iu_596062_7946451.webp

In '22, Tom released this, Custom Profile Picture Shapes!, their most accomplished feature. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Square," a pfp shape so stylish most people probably don't pay attention to the geometry! But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of four corners and the importance of 90 degree bends, it's also a personal statement about the site itself!

thank you, Tom! now I can be a quirky little fellow and make my pfp a heart when, in fact, my content is not loveable or squishy!

haha! what an interesting juxtaposition!

I am sure for this to now net me large amounts of fans! hohoho.

BBS Signature

What a neat feature! (・◇・)

i totally won't be switching between borders constantly from now on... indecisions!

I love the decision of showing the border outline color. Good stuff Tom!

Hi :D

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-04 23:27:25

pointy

I make pixel art. I am also working on an adventure game.

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-05 00:29:02

This was really cool until it didn't work and I learned why.

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-05 01:41:21

a feature i certainly never couldve predicted, but certainly welcome.

almost good enough to get me. almost.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-05 02:49:46

Now that's something worth paying for!

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-05 03:20:02

At 4/4/22 11:55 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: The important thing is that I look like the Carl's Jr/Hardee's logo now.

Not only is that important for you, but it's true.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-05 03:30:45

Imagine not being a NG supporter lmao. Only a fool wouldn't be able to change their profile border...