00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Duckyellow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Custom Profile Picture Shapes!

81,004 Views | 666 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 13:13:39

Hehehheh I've got all the NFTs- I mean PICS ready for production >:)

iu_598328_7061501.webp

i just wanna spread Simisear's name okay ;_;

I get the feeling I'm not quite made of the right stuff. . .

To float between the rings of đŸ’«đŸȘCosmic Metal Love🌌⭐

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 13:15:42

At 4/4/22 11:50 AM, Luis wrote: shapes are nice but what about animated gif profile pics. i need to express myself!

Also first post

This would be an awesome feature!

sans undertale

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 13:16:41

Newgrounds is the only place to express urself, even thru pfp boarders!

sans undertale

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 13:26:42

yesssirrrr!

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 13:41:44

Not until you finish paintin my chicken coop!

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 13:45:04

Wow Tom no stars on that front page post?

Is this what discrimination feels like?

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 14:18:17

YO IT ME UP THERE

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 14:30:12

lol

At 4/7/22 12:27 PM, VoicesByCorey wrote:
At 4/7/22 12:18 PM, LuckyDee wrote: Apparently

@VoicesByCorey isn't too pleased with recent developments.

Then again....
I was referring to @zaazng being a dirty art stealer. It's okay if Tom uses it <3

You better watch your back, bub >:(

iu_598413_8523721.jpg

I love this site :)

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 14:43:05

April Fool's Day is over

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 15:08:20

I got my profile pic shape.

Follow me on Newgrounds.com

Support me on Patreon

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 15:19:07

At 4/4/22 11:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: We just launched a new Supporter perk: Custom profile borders!

Tired of feeling like a square peg in a round hole? Now you can be a square peg in a pentagon, hexagon, octagon, square, rhombus, heart or star hole, among others! You'll also get a color border based on the link color you've chosen on your user page.

To try this feature, become a Supporter and click Edit Profile on your profile page. To the right of your profile picture you’ll see a button for "Icon Options.” This will open up the tool to re-crop your picture and choose from a variety of shapes.

This feature came to us during development of our April Fools prank: Dankmen NFTs. @PsychoGoldfish had to update a lot of pages to support pentagon-shaped profile pictures and we thought it would be best to build something that works as a lasting feature.

Thank you everyone who has been supporting NG! 

When you support Newgrounds, you’re keeping one of the last big independent websites on-line. You’re preserving over 25 years of content, a lot of which only exists on NG. You’re funding ongoing development and new features, to keep the site evolving and functioning. Every day there is cool new stuff to see on NG and lots of history to explore. It hasn’t been easy to keep this going and we greatly appreciate all the support we can get!

If you can’t support Newgrounds financially, you can still help out a lot by voting and reviewing! With everything going on this past weekend, I hadn’t noticed how backed up the Under Judgment list had gotten for games and movies. Voting on under judgment entries helps immensely to make sure everything gets seen.

Hope everyone enjoys the update! We have another update coming to user pages this week, if all goes as planned.

Other News

If you made a web game for Ludum Dare 50, we’ll be featuring a bunch of those this week and archiving entries in our Ludum Dare 50 Collection.

The MessyPaints April theme is Catwoman! You have until May 1st to paint (digital or traditional Catwoman, lit from the side. Read that post for more details, this event is open to everyone.

Voice Acting Contest #14 Round 1 is in progress!

Musicians, check out the upcoming Audio Tag Team and Art Inspired Music events!

Our Flash Jam deadline is April 20th. If you want to make something with Flash, you still have time! Over $3,600 in prizes.

Pico Day is June 11th! Prizes are almost $2k and we’re crowdfunding for more.

If you miss the Dankmen site skin, @Potatoman has posted it in the Art Portal!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/april-fools-2022-dankmen-site-skin

i cant

i am going to shit in your freezer

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 15:33:19

At 4/4/22 02:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/22 01:25 PM, M-kirbs wrote: Do the shape borders stay after you lose your supporter status like with access to the NG Chat?
The shape borders only remain while Supporter status is active.

:(. I can understand but it makes me :(.

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 15:37:10

What if there could be other shapes of icon cropping like dart, heptagon or just an ASCII character (a variety of symbols including ones we use in everyday life)?

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 15:37:27

There's so many badass people on the news art

this is a win in my book

If it's your passion, don't let the mediocrity of the world taint it.

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 15:57:55

Oh so this is how people had those shapes lol

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 16:03:23

Well, that's ok. I prefer my profile to be circular than in any other shape, honestly. Because to become a Newgrounds Supporter, you have to pay by credit, but I just have debit. So I'm not interested at all!

iu_598488_9587284.webp

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 16:10:47

man I wished I had money

I NEED IT

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 16:38:49

<3 <3

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 17:01:18

Ok fine Mr. Tom Fulp Newgrounds!

I'll buy your cool kids club subscription.

iu_598570_8265841.png

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 17:02:13

At 4/4/22 12:10 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 4/4/22 12:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/22 11:58 AM, Gimmick wrote: I can't edit mine when I click on "Icon Options", does anyone else have this issue?

On my profile page my icon is different from my pfp though so is that why?
If you have a different large icon vs your small icon, it means you never updated your profile picture under the modern system. You'll likely need to upload a new profile picture before the tools become available to set your shape.
Aw bummer, I liked having that feature since it's no longer possible to have disparate pfp+icons.

Stop breaking the website gimmick.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 17:14:05

At 4/7/22 05:02 PM, Luis wrote:
At 4/4/22 12:10 PM, Gimmick wrote:
At 4/4/22 12:06 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/4/22 11:58 AM, Gimmick wrote: I can't edit mine when I click on "Icon Options", does anyone else have this issue?

On my profile page my icon is different from my pfp though so is that why?
If you have a different large icon vs your small icon, it means you never updated your profile picture under the modern system. You'll likely need to upload a new profile picture before the tools become available to set your shape.
Aw bummer, I liked having that feature since it's no longer possible to have disparate pfp+icons.
Stop breaking the website gimmick.

no u

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 17:16:35

Gang gang

It's A Jeep Thing Ladies

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 17:21:34

At 4/4/22 11:30 AM, TomFulp wrote: We just launched a new Supporter perk: Custom profile borders!

Tired of feeling like a square peg in a round hole? Now you can be a square peg in a pentagon, hexagon, octagon, square, rhombus, heart or star hole, among others! You'll also get a color border based on the link color you've chosen on your user page.

To try this feature, become a Supporter and click Edit Profile on your profile page. To the right of your profile picture you’ll see a button for "Icon Options.” This will open up the tool to re-crop your picture and choose from a variety of shapes.

This feature came to us during development of our April Fools prank: Dankmen NFTs. @PsychoGoldfish had to update a lot of pages to support pentagon-shaped profile pictures and we thought it would be best to build something that works as a lasting feature.

When you support Newgrounds, you’re keeping one of the last big independent websites on-line. You’re preserving over 25 years of content, a lot of which only exists on NG. You’re funding ongoing development and new features, to keep the site evolving and functioning. Every day there is cool new stuff to see on NG and lots of history to explore. It hasn’t been easy to keep this going and we greatly appreciate all the support we can get!

If you can’t support Newgrounds financially, you can still help out a lot by voting and reviewing! With everything going on this past weekend, I hadn’t noticed how backed up the Under Judgment list had gotten for games and movies. Voting on under judgment entries helps immensely to make sure everything gets seen.

Hope everyone enjoys the update! We have another update coming to user pages this week, if all goes as planned.

Other News

If you made a web game for Ludum Dare 50, we’ll be featuring a bunch of those this week and archiving entries in our Ludum Dare 50 Collection.

The MessyPaints April theme is Catwoman! You have until May 1st to paint (digital or traditional Catwoman, lit from the side. Read that post for more details, this event is open to everyone.

Our Flash Jam deadline is April 20th. If you want to make something with Flash, you still have time! Over $3,600 in prizes.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/potatoman/april-fools-2022-dankmen-site-skin

I'm apart of this PFP gang

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 17:28:58

Other News

hehehe!!

BBS Signature

Am I doing this right? Rounded square gang for those "too hip to be square" types like me.

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 17:58:00

Yeah I do like the touch-of-modern that the rounded corners have. Square, but not too square

At 4/7/22 05:53 PM, Bleak-Creep wrote: Am I doing this right? Rounded square gang for those "too hip to be square" types like me.

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 18:09:59

I used to be a pretty ride or die square profile pic dude, but man I'm kind of loving slanted rectangle! Props to NG for being probably the only site I know of that lets people pick the shape of their profile pic!

Response to Custom Profile Picture Shapes! 2022-04-07 18:23:04

I'm loving it!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining