00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games

1,655 Views | 9 Replies
Respond to this Topic

There’s a Hot Bun Race in Tankmas ADVENTure today, play and get your present!

Also try Frog to the Moon, a challenging game with a unique forward-jumping mechanic.

Or how about POOM? It’s Doom made in Pico-8, which is kind of insane and plays on mobile:

Double XP

From today through next Sunday, we’re offering Double XP! This means you can vote on at least ten things per day and log 20 XP, instead of the usual five vote / 10 XP limit. Help clear the Under Judgment games and movies in the Portal!

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @JimPellos!

Jim was working on some cartoons when his old tablet died completely. With a new tablet he intends to finish these cartoons, including a JoJo one. 

Speaking of JoJo, have you seen the JoJo-inspired series by @RicePirate?

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

In Nicholas' Weird Adventure by @NAveryW, players are tasked with buying a DVD and getting out of the mall. Everything that happens along the way is… a weird adventure! There’s a second weird adventure that also works via Ruffle, although it has some video effects that aren’t supported yet.

About Ruffle and Flash Preservation

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we continue to host both old and new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer.

For the remainder of the year, I’ll be making regular posts highlighting both drawing tablet winners and classic Flash content that is now supported by Ruffle.

About the Drawing Tablet Giveaway

Newgrounds is hosting a 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Sabtastic, @Squidly, @MSGhero, @Rarykos, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @NickSenny, @Ronald-McDonald-LoL, @MrChambers, @53xy83457, @AKA-38CAUTION and @Wegra. As a result, this will be our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

Community News

@Everratic is hosting a Video Game Music Challenge!

@VoicesByCorey is looking for people who would like to join the 2021 Voice Acting Collab!

Super Mario Bros. Z Episode 6 Reanimated released yesterday!

Best of November

The Best of November were announced last weekend!

The top-ranked game based on original material in December will win $250, with $100 each for 2nd, 3rd and 4th! The top-ranked animation based on original material will also win $250.

Flash Forward Jam

NG is hosting a Flash Forward Jam. We’re gonna surprise people with a bunch of new interactive Flash creations, running in browsers this January thanks to Ruffle, after Flash has been officially removed. Over $2,600 in prizes!

Pixel Day

Pixel Day will be January 23rd and there will be prizes for the best animation, games, art and music. If you are down to sponsor Pixel Day, use the donation option on the Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards game prizes.

Current Pixel Day sponsors are @JohnnyGuy $200, @SrPelo $100, @53xy83457 $50 and @1DarkVoid $50, with NG tossing in $400 to bring the current prize pool to $800; double what it was last year, with room to grow!

Catch up on yesterday’s post if you want to keep reading!

iu_208305_1.png

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2020-12-13 11:23:04

Ah, the Nicholas games. A decade ago around the age of 10 when I was still a scratch developer, I was making a Nicholas style multi-chapter game starring myself — the first chapter was literally just Nicholas’ weird adventure 1 verbatim.

chapter 2 was actually original and like a quarter of the length. It was called Jack 3D...even though it wasn’t 3D. Youth!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2020-12-13 11:24:42

That Doom remake is blowing my mind lol. And congrats to the drawing tablet winner!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2020-12-13 11:31:57

I am obsessed with the running thing of devs constantly remaking Doom in different softwares, and playing them on different devices!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2020-12-13 12:22:01

How have I never heard of POOM before!!! :D

Oh it's still UJ. But awesome. Bout to give that a play right away now...

Congrats on the tablet @JimPellos !

Do appreciate that double EXP!

And Nicholas' Weird Adventure seems pretty interesting...

These giveaways are just getting better and better lately...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2020-12-13 15:11:52

This place is the Underdog Website of The 21st Century - never seen anything like it, there's something here for everyone. People that care about videos, games, music and/or art, come here to experience what the little people have to offer.

Newgrounds defies reality, it exists when other big websites, ad revenue companies and nation-state filters say it shouldn't. On the surface it's all dicks and hentai, but given a second glance, it's got enough character and heart to stand up to scrutiny and the test of time.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2020-12-13 16:51:28

Doom literally runs on everything.

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2020-12-13 18:51:22

Yo thanks for the shout-out Tom! I saw your score in the Hot Bun Run, I bet you can do sub 90 seconds.

At 12/13/20 03:11 PM, VicariousE wrote: This place is the Underdog Website of The 21st Century - never seen anything like it, there's something here for everyone. People that care about videos, games, music and/or art, come here to experience what the little people have to offer.

Newgrounds defies reality, it exists when other big websites, ad revenue companies and nation-state filters say it shouldn't. On the surface it's all dicks and hentai, but given a second glance, it's got enough character and heart to stand up to scrutiny and the test of time.

This should be a tag line somewhere.

So well-worded; praise-giving without going overboard... and so true.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 19 and Cool Games 2021-01-03 01:42:49

Congrats to JimPellos for winning Drawing tablet number 19. POOM is awesome and amazing.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature