00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Find A Voice Actor Thread

30,734 Views | 555 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 10:35:31

At 7/12/04 07:46 AM, DeanKind wrote: *waits for people to throw bricks at me*

Hardly. These samples are so fucking good. You have so much versitility. Its amazing how you can like, lose youre accent for diferent roles. Man, youre way beyond me, up on bricksters level. heh. Its an impressive colection of voices to say the least!

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 11:49:59

This thread is getting pretty useful I counted about 6 or 7 voice actors, 4 of which i emailed to do voices in my flash hehehe.... yeah, mostly I just want to keep this thread alive and near the top. I think I will post my voice here soon too, Im not that good, but I can do a specific role of a kid or guy with a light voice well.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 16:24:07

Ughhh... I need voice actors... And bad Here are a list of people who I have or need.

Dead Awakening Characters

Logan-Chris Zambelis
Will- Willhartman89
Allison-
Ryan-
Shourand-
Jay-
Zack- Element
Gerald-
Jane-
James-
Sidney-
Warren-wasrealnomore
Donna-
Frank-

It is about zombies!
If you need more info Aim me at DEVOKEES. Or email me at Jamesbond820051@aol.com I am trying to keep it kinda quiet... so email me with subject of dead awakening and the person you are trying out as...please don't email me with a subject like "Voice actor" Or no subject due to I get so much junk mail I delete alor of my mail....spam mail or not....
So please email me and I will give you a try out line and give you more information on your character and the story board.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 17:12:07

At 7/12/04 05:15 AM, deadlock32 wrote: hey im up for any characters and any amount you need, i could probably fill 3-4 unique characters (could do more, but dont want to bite off more than i can chew)

Well i need voice actors for my game and are you willing to sing cus i cant sing for the life of me and it would ruin the game. I'm making the following type of radio stations:

funny:
comedy acts, phone ins.
news:
You might get mentioned on the news, very helpfull for nowing whoose killing lots.
3x music:
old people(radio3 like).
rock(rock fm like).
the rest(radio 1 like).

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 20:29:18

At 7/12/04 05:12 PM, mexxa wrote:
Well i need voice actors for my game and are you willing to sing

I can't/won't sing. But I can do some of the radio bits and etc.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 20:33:55

At 7/12/04 10:35 AM, ArtistJ wrote:
At 7/12/04 07:46 AM, DeanKind wrote: *waits for people to throw bricks at me*
Hardly. These samples are so fucking good. You have so much versitility. Its amazing how you can like, lose youre accent for diferent roles. Man, youre way beyond me, up on bricksters level. heh. Its an impressive colection of voices to say the least!

Thanks man, for real :) I actually felt like a dumbass doin' them, speakin' into a mic and re-listenin' to it I was like "OMG Dean you fuckin' retard, lol". But thanks dude for the nice comments :) ya been a big help.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 21:00:00

I may as well let my samplers speak for themselves.

Commercial Demo:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~omahdon/AVA/zip/edwyn_commsampler.mp3

Random Sampler:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~omahdon/AVA/zip/edwyn_randomsampler.mp3

Me contact information's in me profile. More voice actors available in this thread over here too:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=112413

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 21:20:01

At 7/12/04 09:00 PM, Omahdon wrote: I may as well let my samplers speak for themselves.

By the quality of the recordings, I'd say you must have good equipment. But you don't use much emotion, all of the lines sounded the same except for the occasional accent.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 22:16:10

Well, I think of it this way: If these samplers show that I'm capable of doing multiple reads, pitches, tones and speeds (not to mention rudimentary editting and audio cleanup), I think it's safe to say I'll be able to do emotions like "happiness", "anger", "sadness", "euphoria" and "crippling existential angst". XD

I have to say my though, my "crippling existential angst" is pretty darned spiffy. I should show it off more often. XD

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-12 23:12:05

I've already posted here, look me up for voice acting, but if you require some more samples of me as a voice actor, here...

www.geocities.com/santos2kc/sounds/goldfish.wav

^_^

Enjoy

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 00:19:41

Alright, I need a voice actor that can act like a pilot briefing 2 Navy SEAL teams on their current mission. Here's the text I need voice-acted.

"Your objective is to secure and hold the illegal firearms section of this ship! It was hijacked by an unknown terrorist group at 0150 hours this morning, and we picked up the distress signal. There are NO, I repeat, NO hostages. It's going to be heavily guarded of course, with AK-47 wielding terrorists, and expect to be pinned down around 60% of the time! We're approaching the LZ, and good luck men! ETA AT 1200 HOURS!"

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 01:45:20

At 7/13/04 12:19 AM, PunishedOne wrote: Alright, I need a voice actor that can act like a pilot briefing 2 Navy SEAL teams on their current mission. Here's the text I need voice-acted.

Well, it's not complete, just a test run at the voice.

SEAL Briefing

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 03:59:20

At 7/12/04 11:27 PM, defthunder wrote: "Get Photoshopped by the BEST 'Shopper on NG!
GO GET YOUR NG PRELOADER NOW!
AND HEAR MY NEW VOICE DEMO!
I DONT PROOF READ MY POSTS... get over it
[CTRL A] 18+ Only K?"

O contrare my good friend... i have been photoshopping ever since i was 10 when i first got paint shop pro... im 15 now so that 7 years experience

and anime is gay... speciallt hentai
At 7/12/04 11:27 PM, defthunder wrote: "Get Photoshopped by the BEST 'Shopper on NG!
GO GET YOUR NG PRELOADER NOW!
AND HEAR MY NEW VOICE DEMO!
I DONT PROOF READ MY POSTS... get over it
[CTRL A] 18+ Only K?"

O contrare my good friend... i have been photoshopping ever since i was 10 when i first got paint shop pro... im 15 now so that 7 years experience

and anime is gay... speciallt hentai

wanna go head to head on worth1000? Im up for it.

and that isn't hentai! hell that show is barely anime, its a huge parody of anime, notice how stupid it is, an octopus thing having 'sex' with some random girl, its not even penatrating or anything. And you sound a little bias calling an entire section or anime 'gay', i like my ranma 1/2 as much as like my family guy and such.

and by looking at your profile, looks like you suck at life.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 04:02:36

At 7/13/04 03:59 AM, deadlock32 wrote: A lot of stuff that distracts from the topic.

Please keep this thread about voice acting.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 06:36:16

Whew, FINALLY. This took 3 hours to make but it's finally availble...
MEK 1985'S VOICE ACTING SOUNDBOARD Check it out! I've decided to pick out my best sound wavs (from my cartoons) along with a few new ones I made and stick em in a crappy soundboard Flash! Enjoy!
Oh and the audio is set as an event so they echo sometimes...just try to click the buttons once...if it echoes, wait for the clip to stop then click it again.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 06:44:21

Shit..godammit...See if this one will work... MY SOUNDBOARD

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 10:19:05

At 7/13/04 01:45 AM, Bickster wrote: Well, it's not complete, just a test run at the voice.

Sweet, me like. I'm going to have to edit it a bit with Goldwave of course, to make it sound like the pilot's actually speaking through the mic on his headset. Good acting, and well done accent.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 15:50:55

BUMP!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-13 20:33:06

so im gonna be getting a new mic soon, since i cant find an addapter that doesnt ruin the quality of my old mic. Good times. I should have it by the end of the weekend and then i can get back to doing higher quality voicework, instead of the shit ive been stuck with now.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-14 10:58:48

At 7/11/04 09:10 PM, deadlock32 wrote: PS
i have tried to make a thread like this, but for some reason it didnt fly. AND I kind of unconfortable posting this on the second page, because it will probably get looked over but not with this pic!

I know I can't stop anyone from making comments so it would be much more convient to put a large jpeg indicating that your post have voice acting content in it. so while someone is scrolling by that blah blah blah crapola (like this post), they won't whizz by your Voice acting post.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-14 16:07:27

BUMP!
Had to...n00bs are starting to create more OMFG NEED TEH VOICE ACTORZ!1 threads

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-14 16:48:37

I need a voice actor for one of my upcoming flash!

u need to have a deep voice and say something in Arabic
not English with an arabic accent.

my e-mail is: r.tenic@insightbb.com

thx

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-14 17:21:28

At 7/14/04 04:48 PM, SlySnipersBro wrote: I need a voice actor for one of my upcoming flash!

u need to have a deep voice and say something in Arabic
not English with an arabic accent.

my e-mail is: r.tenic@insightbb.com

thx

wow... you have high expectations. i dunno if anyone here can fill those boots

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-14 18:14:36

Check out the newest project I'm in (I believe ArtistJ will be in the coming submissions).

Syenika Prologue

P.S. - Someone complained about not being able to see the voice actor's posts and suggested something to highlight them, how's this?

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-14 18:21:50

At 7/14/04 06:14 PM, Bickster wrote: Check out the newest project I'm in (I believe ArtistJ will be in the coming submissions).

I was going to be in this originaly. I got cut out though to be put in at a later eppisode. I even got a sneak peak at it. Its one of the best new series out there.. ShadowInsignia is super tallented

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-15 00:44:07

does any one out there do smith from the matrix, if so email me at ninja_squirrels04@yahoo.com saying this

"I am smith, and agent out to kill Mr. Anderson"

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-15 02:53:55

yo i'll help u wit voice acting just IM me at gman8847

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-15 17:16:22

At 7/14/04 06:14 PM, Bickster wrote: Check out the newest project I'm in (I believe ArtistJ will be in the coming submissions).

Syenika Prologue

P.S. - Someone complained about not being able to see the voice actor's posts and suggested something to highlight them, how's this?

here you guys go, feel free to use this one.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-16 19:42:27

I need two voice actors for just a couple of lines, within the week, preferably. It's not something that would go on NG. Anyone still interested?

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-16 19:57:44

At 7/16/04 07:42 PM, NegativeONE wrote: I need two voice actors for just a couple of lines, within the week, preferably. It's not something that would go on NG. Anyone still interested?

Sure -1. What do you need?