00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lbkush just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Find A Voice Actor Thread

30,700 Views | 555 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-06 16:04:15

I'm not sure if this is a thread already, and if it is, lock away, but I'm seeing a ton of people asking for voice actors, so I'm setting this thread up so that voice actors can post their samples onto here and the people searching for them can get them easily.

Just post a sample of your voice acting on here from another site and let's see if we can narrow down the:

" WH3R3 C4N i F1nD 4 V01C3 AXX0R!!!111!!one!11 " Topics.

Here's my sample if anyone want me to voice in a movie for them.

AIM: ryudodragon
E-mail: SeiyruRenaih@yahoo.com

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-06 16:06:07

Whoops! Forgot the link:

Click here

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-06 18:36:19

I'm looking for a voice actress... I only need them to say one word, but it needs to be said in a certain way... and the guy directing the animation is very picky. But if anyone can help, please e-mail me @ mike@catalyststudios.co.uk

Oh, and BTW - I was very impressed with the quality of the voiceovers in the above post. Hope you get a chance to use 'em soon.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-06 18:47:45

At 7/6/04 04:06 PM, SeiyruRenaih wrote: Whoops! Forgot the link:

Click here

XD

Anyway, good idea, but people will never use it.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-06 18:49:14

Yeah, I know. lol. No one likes these, or if they do they never seem to look at em.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 01:03:45

^BUMP^

I am le voice acteur!

That's French.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 01:37:57

At 7/8/04 01:03 AM, Bickster wrote: I am le voice acteur!

That's French.

Eh, smatterings of it are.
Anyway, regarding the first post - I won't lock the thread, because leaving it open presents two outcomes I wouldn't consider negative:
1) People actually use it, and fewer threads about voice acting come up
2) People don't and it disappears anyways, meaning there was no reason to lock it when nature was soon to take its course.
I hope for the former, but people don't tend to browse the forum before making a new thread, so who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 02:18:10

This is a good idea. Ill post my sample soon!

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 02:42:59

yeah ill be posting mine im getting y mic tommorrow hope im good. ive taken alot of theatre and drama courses so i hope so.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 14:31:47

At 7/8/04 02:18 AM, ArtistJ wrote: This is a good idea. Ill post my sample soon!

Ok my sample can be found Here @ http://www.freewebs.com/artistj/VoiceWorkSample.swf
and another copy is located here incase i run out of bandwith
http://www.geocities.com/artistj_flash/VoiceWorkSample.swf

Im online alot and i know how to record well, i have done a few voices for people already, so I am somewhat experienced. I hope im the right voice man for you!

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 14:55:50

are there any female voice actors here? I need a voice for the girl in my anim series The Second Matrix. it's one of the main roles, and if the movie is good enough, i might be able to license it to atomfilms and pay u!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 15:31:25

My sample's now in my sig, and thanks NegOne for not locking it!

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 21:06:23

as voice actors we need to start a revolution and actualy put emphasis into our charecters. Ive noticed many voice actors dont put all the effort into their work and thats a pity! so i just wanna tell everyone, start putting a bit more effort into making youre voice match the charecter its portraying.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-08 21:14:32

At 7/8/04 02:55 PM, HiddenLegacy wrote: are there any female voice actors here? I need a voice for the girl in my anim series The Second Matrix. it's one of the main roles, and if the movie is good enough, i might be able to license it to atomfilms and pay u!

I am a female voice actress. If you want a demo, or an audition type thing recorded, let me know.

purplesnuffleupagus@msn.com
AIM: Kamakaze Chicken

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 00:09:49

I am a female voice actress. If you want a demo, or an audition type thing recorded, let me know.

u should get an email soon. thanks for your help.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 00:22:13

I'll Put myself Out there I Guess...
I Have some Sound Editing Stuff too, Id you need Speed Chaging, Echos, Pitch bending, all Sound stuff, just add me to MSN.

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 00:34:19

Wow, this is really getting bigger. I thought I'd be the only poster while the thread died.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 14:20:01

i think its high time we all just start refrenceing other voice actor thread makers to come here to find their voce actors.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 14:32:59

At 7/9/04 02:20 PM, ArtistJ wrote: i think its high time we all just start refrenceing other voice actor thread makers to come here to find their voce actors.

I think so too. I was also thinking of making some samples and stuff that I only post in this thread.

Figured I could have fun and plug my work.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 15:05:08

At 7/9/04 02:32 PM, Bickster wrote:
At 7/9/04 02:20 PM, ArtistJ wrote: i think its high time we all just start refrenceing other voice actor thread makers to come here to find their voce actors.
I think so too. I was also thinking of making some samples and stuff that I only post in this thread.

Figured I could have fun and plug my work.

thats a good idea. Sounds prety cool.

just to let everyone know i think brickster is the best voice actor on Newgrounds.

At 7/9/04 02:51 PM, RagDollClock wrote: Here be my voice, Right click > Save target as

Sorry about the huge filesize.

Threre are a few problems here RageDollClock. first is youre hosting with angelfire. Angelfire does not allow direct linking from offsite,non-Angelfire pages, to files hosted on Angelfire... because angelfires a greedy little bitch.

Also a good voice actor needs to know how to format his audio into difrent qualitys of sound or optimal usage, Some peope want phone quality 16bit mon. others want am quality 32 bit.. and lots of people want 64bit voice quality... because when dealing with internetr transfers and posting large files like flash that stuff is important

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 15:13:58

ok im sorry for having doubted you. I just never do thing in a rush to quickly pump something out.

By the way everyone... My voice sample is curently also avialble in my Signature pic

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 15:15:35

At 7/9/04 03:13 PM, RagDollClock wrote: Here we go

Again, Right click, and then click 'Save Target As...'

Also, are .wavs smaller files than .mp3s if you compress them so that they sound about the same quality?

Waves suck. Mp3s are always smaller and clearer.. Plus mp3 work on macs. Wav files do not. so everyone should save their wave recording as an mp3 for optimal compression!

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 16:22:19

Voice is a shit to lose, so if you think that YOU could have ´what it takes to voiceact in the next-big-series of NG, look @ my other post.

"voiceactors soon needed"

thankyou

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 18:09:49

At 7/9/04 04:50 PM, TheAlmightyChet wrote: Bumped for great justice.

HAH that made me laugh so hard.

IdeasForAFuture, what do you mean "voice is a shit to lose"?

And thanks for the compliment ArtistJ. I'm thinking about scripting a mental breakdown or some other equally emotion ridden craze. Something to really test me. Maybe we could have a mini contest, see who can do the best mental breakdown.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-09 18:12:35

At 7/9/04 06:09 PM, Bickster wrote:
I'm thinking about scripting a mental breakdown

Oop, I meant write a script.

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-10 01:03:36

you know... ive had an idea for a while now to colaborate all the popular voice actors into one flash cartoon similar to the "timetrials" & "Jams" that take place here in the flash forum, where we'd all have a cartoon to showcase our voice acting skills, with who we are and detailed ways to contact us... ect. Would any of you more serious voice actors be intrested in something like that?

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-10 01:06:39

At 7/10/04 01:03 AM, ArtistJ wrote: Would any of you more serious voice actors be intrested in something like that?

Sure, I'm assuming that you would be the artist/animator (or one of them at least).

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-10 01:47:07

At 7/10/04 01:06 AM, Bickster wrote:
At 7/10/04 01:03 AM, ArtistJ wrote: Would any of you more serious voice actors be intrested in something like that?
Sure, I'm assuming that you would be the artist/animator (or one of them at least).

Well i dont know. Id do 'em all if i had too. But i certainly would have to see who would be willing and evaluate their overall skill first. Id totaly do one for anybody though, so long as it was for a group submission like the one im suggesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-10 03:24:32

Voices for my trailer, and later for the series, needed

see my other posts for tiny details

i need ppl who can do a german acsent and speak a little german, few quite brittish voices and then just basic english

here are pics of a few of the faces who need a voice:

Find A Voice Actor Thread

Response to Find A Voice Actor Thread 2004-07-10 03:26:01

whoops, forgot da e-mail:

moisio_@hotmail.com
hiddenlegacy@hotmail.com